Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Dr Blight
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
8 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 8 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:41 pm

((Sorry I waited a while to post. Took me a good few hours to read through the whole backlog.))

Meanwhile, back in coach class seating, Blade Blocker had just woken up from a little snooze. The seating was uncomfortable and cramped for his larger than average frame (by pegasus standards at least) but after leaving the Royal Guard Academy, it took a lot more than some cramped spaces to make him feel genuine discomfort (even if he wasn't part of the lucky 10% who graduated that year). After fully waking up he heard some ponies in the seats next to him whispering something about an angry griffon attack up in the cabins. 'WHAT!? Not on my watch!' he thought to himself as he leaped out of his seat without thinking, almost crashing strait into a blue and black unicorn who was excitedly galloping down the isle.

"Whoa there buddy! Whats got you in such a hurry?" He said pausing for a moment looking around. "Is it that griffon I heard about? Is it rampaging? Are you running in fear!?" Blade said in a worried tone of voice, while looking looking over the unicorn to check for any cuts or bruises.

((Here's my character in case ya didn't check the other thread, minus his cutie mark which is a silver shield and his heavy iron cuffs he keeps on his front hooves for weight training.))
Spoiler:
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Yawnmon wrote:((Sorry I waited a while to post. Took me a good few hours to read through the whole backlog.))

Meanwhile, back in coach class seating, Blade Blocker had just woken up from a little snooze. The seating was uncomfortable and cramped for his larger than average frame (by pegasus standards at least) but after leaving the Royal Guard Academy, it took a lot more than some cramped spaces to make him feel genuine discomfort (even if he wasn't part of the lucky 10% who graduated that year). After fully waking up he heard some ponies in the seats next to him whispering something about an angry griffon attack up in the cabins. 'WHAT!? Not on my watch!' he thought to himself as he leaped out of his seat without thinking, almost crashing strait into a blue and black unicorn who was excitedly galloping down the isle.

"Whoa there buddy! Whats got you in such a hurry?" He said pausing for a moment looking around. "Is it that griffon I heard about? Is it rampaging? Are you running in fear!?" Blade said in a worried tone of voice, while looking looking over the unicorn to check for any cuts or bruises.

OOC: Not running. Casually strolling to the caboose.

"You missed it. There was a griffin that was getting a little claustrophobic, but a couple of other passengers and I managed to calm him down. After I woke up, the griffin was gone. I suppose to get some air.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:51 am

When Clue Seeker handed Buck the card he'd looked it over, reading the name, Clue Seeker, then the address, 54321 Windigo Way.

Then Whisper had attracted his attention again.

Ramsus wrote:"Heehee, thanks. I don't especially want to help out Big Mike but, it is sort of our fault you're in this trouble. I could deliver the package for you. I'm sure those other two who were with you would make sure I did it. If you need to find me later I have a house in Vieux Mare’ near Blackhoof Cemetery and at the edge of the river. Just ask around and I'm sure someone could point you the right way."

"Though, I think you might want to re-think your relationship with Big Mike. He had to know this wouldn't end well for you, don't you think?"

Vieux Mare, Blackhoof Cemetery, edge of the river... Buck nodded. Got it. He liked that he'd gotten Whisper's address, but he didn't like where the rest of this conversation seemed to be heading.

"I appreciate your concern, Whisper. I really do." The Griffon took a deep breath and shook his head. "But please don't make me do this. I don't want to think Big Mike set me up to fail." He lowered himself down on all fours and looked Whisper in the eye. "You haven't met him, have you? Please don't think so badly of him. He's made mistakes. So have I. I heard you say something about how he's hurt ponies you know and I don't doubt it, but there's more to Big Mike than that. He's been like a father to me, and this time, he was giving me a chance to overcome my fears. Was it his fault I panicked?"

Buck lowered his gaze.

"Everypony needs a second chance," he muttered, "Big Mike's giving me mine." He shook his head again, "I won't desert my post. I'll see this to the end." Then he looked back up at Whisper, "But thank you for your offer to help, and thanks for giving me a second chance too."

Taking a deep breath, Buck walked up beside Whisper and nodded in the direction of the setting sun. "You don't want to miss this," he said, looking up into the sky, "It really is breathtaking."

He hesitated for another moment, then he smiled.

"I'm glad I could see it with you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the cabin reserved for Big Mike's employees, Mook and Minion glanced at each other and nodded in turn.

"A fair question, Ms. Trek" Mook replied, turning back to Chitin, "and if you're going to New Orreigns, you'd know soon enough."

"You wish to know why Mr. Mike needs the security?" Minion inquired, "Have you heard about the recent string of robberies?"

"So far Mr. Mike's been lucky. None of his businesses have been hit."

"But he wants to insure things stay that way."

"That's why he's been looking to increase security."

Minion nodded. "It's as simple as that."

((The green type seems fine BTW Dr Blight))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:58 am

"Hmmmm, I guess I got a bit ahead of myself. I can do that sometimes." replied Whisper. She then silently watched the sunset from the view on top of the train, wind fiercely blowing her hair her this way and that, and hoped the reader had a good imagination. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Coffee left the excitable red pegasus behind and made his way to the caboose and finally to the back and stepped out in the night air.

'Pony, the stars are right. Well the stars are always right.' he thought. Away from the light pollution of the city he could finally stare up in the sky in all its wonder.

OOC: Checking the night sky.
Arcana check
Roll(1d20)+17:
9,+17
Total:26

Last edited by Cardbo on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:16 pm

'Drats, I missed everything' Blade thought to himself as the surprisingly calm looking unicorn continued on his merry way. Sitting back in his seat he scolded himself for falling asleep when somepony might have needed him... even if that obviously wasn't the case this time. 'A moon with a coffee mug in front or it for a cutie mark huh? I wonder what his name was' he mused to himself starting out the window at the surrounding swamplands, and realizing he'd probably been out longer than he'd thought. "Guess that means we're getting close."
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Chitin nodded. "Only since boarding this train but yes..." She was silent as she listened to the two talk. Once they finished she looked off out the window before turning back to them and smiling. "Thanks, that helped me make up my mind. And sorry about that cut..." With that, Chitin hopped down and walked over, taking both their hooves and shaking them. Just as she was about to leave, she stopped and turned to look at them. "Oh, before I forget...One of my cabin mates wanted me to get a business card from you two, and would you two have any recommendations for a hotel in New Orreigns?
((glad to hear it!))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Coffee stares up at the night sky, noticing an unusual clarity in the night sky. As he watches, a nagging sense of wrongness begins to grow on him. He scans the sky, observing the that stars and constellations. They're all where they should be. And then he realizes identifies the feeling thats growing in him. Someone or something in the night sky is staring back at him.

Unnerved, he drops his coffee and paper and returns to his cabin.

"Something wrong with the stars.." is all he keeps muttering.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:02 am

Dr Blight wrote:Chitin nodded. "Only since boarding this train but yes..." She was silent as she listened to the two talk. Once they finished she looked off out the window before turning back to them and smiling. "Thanks, that helped me make up my mind. And sorry about that cut..." With that, Chitin hopped down and walked over, taking both their hooves and shaking them. Just as she was about to leave, she stopped and turned to look at them. "Oh, before I forget...One of my cabin mates wanted me to get a business card from you two, and would you two have any recommendations for a hotel in New Orreigns?
((glad to hear it!))

"Of course," Minion nodded, sliding down from his seat and neatly slipping a card from his coat. He handed it to Chitin, and as she looked it over, she read:

Labyrinth's United
Big Mike Industries Main Office
666 BonBon Street
New Orreigns, Equestria

Below the address was the quote:

"If we haven't done it yet, then we'll do it soon - and as always, you know that when you deal with Big Mike, you deal with quality. Satisfaction is guaranteed."

And in smaller print: Big Mike Industries is an equal-opportunities employer.

"As for hotels..." Mook nodded, sliding down from his seat and neatly slipping a map from his coat. He opened it up and looked it over, then pointed a hoof at buildings marked 20, 33, and 35 - all connected to the central street running through the city, BonBon Street. "We usually stay in the Grand Taurus, the Red Bull, or the Maze. They're all owned by Big Mike Industries, so we get free room and board."

"One of the additional perks of working for Mr. Mike," Minion added, "as I'm sure you'll come to understand soon enough yourself, Ms. Trek."

"All three hotels are rated five star and come highly recommended," Mook paused for a moment to glance at Minion. The two exchanged a knowing grin, and then Mook turned back to Chitin, "but if you're looking for a hotel that's not quite as highly priced, I'd recommend the Mareriot." He pointed a hoof at the building marked 7 on the map. "It's an old hotel, but a good one."

"And it's cheap too." Minion added.

"Indeed," Mook nodded. "We used to go there before we started working for Mr. Mike. It's quite popular with the tourists, as it sports architecture dating back to the city's founding. I'd recommend seeing it as least once while you're in town, especially if you intend to take a job with Mr. Mike soon after."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:23 pm

((Time to move this train along))

After finishing your business about the train, you all head back to your seats, and it's not long before you hear the train conductor's voice come over the loudspeakers.

"Wooh yeah! We a' comin' into New Orreigns right proper now, mon amis! Best to hol' on tight for dis las' bit a' da ride doh. She goin' be a bit tricky. De estimated time to dat dere arrival will be nine o' da clock, right on da dot dere chere!"

As the coms cut off, you look outside and see the walls of the city coming into view.

The walls stand in stark contrast to the massive expanse of swamplands bordering them, and they seem to be built in the same material and architectural style as the bridge that's carried you across the Surefire so far. Formed of grey stone, both the walls and the bridge are adorned with tribalistic-looking images and gibbering faces. The massive stone faces do nothing to set you at ease, especially in the dark, with the light of the full moon shining down to cast long shadows on every crack and crevice.

Luckily for you, the view of the massive walls doesn't last long, as you pass on and under a series of massive, grey stone arches, thus leaving the walls of the city and the swamplands of the Surefire behind.

The train chugs along at a swift pace, passes through the last of the arches, and then reveals the depths of the city proper.

You'd expected the city itself would be a far better sight than the walls that protect it, and on that account, you are only partly mistaken. Lights poor out from the city's innards, and as you peer down from your train cars suspended high above, you can make out rows and rows of tiny, cramped and run-down looking houses that stand on the edge of the city. These are obviously the city slums - and as you continue to watch, you make out some hints of movement in the streets (the more perceptive among you recognizing the signature stripes of Zebras).

But as you pass over a drainage canal, you begin to make out taller and grander buildings standing in the distance. They rise against the night sky silhouetted by the moon, and you even make out one particularly tall building that, at this distance appears to have a set of horns jutting from it's top.

Soon your attention is drawn back to the monuments directly below you, and you make out what looks to be a cemetery coming up on the right. Unlike the cemeteries most of you are familiar with, this cemetery seems to lack any sign of tombstones, instead favoring a number of stone crypts and tombs that seem to create something of a city in their own right - a city for the dead.

Spoiler:

This Cemetery seems to be attached to a large Penitentiary Complex that neighbors it - a network of blocky, unpleasant looking buildings with iron bars and barbed wire running the length of a walled off perimeter.

Across from these cheerful monuments and standing on the left lies an asylum building with the words, Darkhorse Asylum for the Mentally Estranged etched in big letters across a black-metal fence. The Asylum Building itself seems to have been built in a rather interesting architectural style, and the place radiates both a strange sense of warmth and foreboding.

-But as you pass these last few sights, you feel your stomach clench like it would in a roller coaster ride. Since entering the city, you'd had the distinct impression of going steadily downward, but now the train speeds up and seems to plummet straight down at the ground. You can hear a few screams from the other passengers, of joy as well as fear - and then the train comes to a screeching halt and it's all over. Your jerked forward in your seats but remain relatively unharmed.

As you look around, you realize you've made it to the station, and as if to confirm the fact, the speakers kick on again.

"Hooooooooooooooooo Doggie, 'dat was a good one right dere, chere! Toldja ta hold on, didn't I? Hahahha! Well folks, we finally made it to da New Orreigns' Central Station. If dis is ya firs' time, let me be da firs' ta 'ficially welcome yall ta da bootiful city of New Orreigns - an' in case dis is a return visit, welcome back! Thank jou for ridin' da New Orreigns Express. Yall come back now, ya here?"

The speakers cut off for the last time, leaving you to gather your belongings and make your way out the front of the train. As you exit your train car and step off onto the station, you look around at the crowd of ponies that were your fellow passengers. Indeed, there are quite a few out here, and even more are still unloading off the train. The train ride was a long one and you were all packed in tight, but now that you've reached your final destination - all that matters is your plans in the city of New Orreigns.

((Use this time to reacquaint yourselves everypony. You might want to think about lodging for the night too. Don't leave the station just yet though. I have something planned before you go on further))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:47 pm

"Ah, home sweet home." sighed Whisper to herself. With a slight grimace she mumbled to herself, "Probably more like home dusty home though since poppa said he hasn't been there for a while." Then she had an idea and brightened up. She looked at her cabin companions and said, "If any of you ponies need a place to stay for the night, my house isn't very far away and I have plenty of spare room."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Clue Seeker disembarked the train, taking a small moment to sniff the air.

'The familiar smell of the city.'

As he was pondering where to go to next, as it was far too late for his initial plans, he heard Whisper speaking up on his right.
"If any of you ponies need a place to stay for the night, my house isn't very far away and I have plenty of spare room."
Clue Seeker turned to face her. "That's mighty kind of you, Miss Whisper, but do you think it's a good idea to open up your home to a bunch of strangers?"

I want to roll a Perception check to see if Whisper has any ulterior motives beyond kindness. I figure this will be my Perception roll against Whisper's Persuasion roll.
[12 + 15 Perception + 5 FK pony anatomy/psychology* = 32]

* Clue Seeker has FK in both so he can combine them to see if somepony is lying by reading their body language but I think a +10 would be too much so I combined both FK in a single +5
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Coffee is very distracted at the moment by his own thoughts, but manages to remember to grab his bags before getting off the train.

"If any of you ponies need a place to stay for the night, my house isn't very far away and I have plenty of spare room."

"No I've got a place set up for me by the University."

He levitates a map in front of him. "Just need to get a cab."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Chitin stepped off the train, her smaller pack once more attached to the duffel bag that was currently strapped to her back. She took a deep breath and let it out with a smile. More than the smells of the city or of ponies, the faint smell of the nearby swamp put Chitin at ease. It wasn't necessarily a pleasant smell even to a changeling but her hive had been hidden in a swamp itself and it made her feel more safe and at home. "I'll need to get honey..." she said to herself absentmindedly before noticing her cabin mates. She stared at them for a moment before jumping slightly, remembering something she'd forgotten. She walked over to Clue Seeker as her horn lit up and a pouch in her bag opened, after a moment a small business card she'd gotten from Mook and Minion floated out and levitated in front of the detective pony. "Here, you wanted one of these right?" Chitin blinked, looking at Whisper as the quiet pony spoke up making her offer. "Well...it would be helpful for a night while I look for a hotel. Are you sure?"

Last edited by Dr Blight on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:43 pm

((Persuasion: 9+16 = 25. So I guess Clue Seeker just probably managed to catch the comment about the dust. For more detail since he's using psychology, Whisper isn't really trying to trick anyone. It's just that it's not an entirely for free offer as she's making it seem to be. Then again, a little dusting and cleaning of house is hardly comparable to paying for a hotel.))

"No worries." she replies to Clue Seeker and Chitin. "Ya'll were willing to risk yourselves to defend and help out strangers right?" "Besides," she thinks, "Anything valuable poppa didn't already take, I'm sure somepony else already has."

"Well, hope I see ya around Mr Mug." she says, while trying to remember the best (cheapest?) carriage cab service. (I'm betting there'd be several just waiting for the passengers from the train.) ((Streetwise: 12+ 8 = 20. Hmmm, not great exactly. Well, it's not like she'd have likely used many herself.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Manual labour? NEVER! Razz

Clue Seeker grabbed the business card that Dawn Trek levitated in front of him and put it in his pocket. "This is exactly what I wanted. Thank you, Miss Dawn Trek."

He then turned his attention back to Whisper. "Well, I'll gladly accept your generous offer. As a token of my appreciation, dinner's on me tonight."

Clue Seeker looked around the station trying to spot any restaurants or the like. "Any good take-out around here?"

I roll Streetsmarts to see if I can find a good take-out or restaurant.
[9 + 13 Streetsmarts = 22]
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Whisper sighed. "Funny thing. My place is on top of what used to be a Maredarin* joint. Sadly it went out of business while I was gone."

Whisper tries to remember any good take-out places she thinks are still in business. ((Aiding CS's Streetwise: 12+ 9 = 21.))

*((Chinese. Blame Xand. =P ))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Blade stepped off the train, no luggage but a small bag of bits he'd kept hidden under one of his wings. He'd always perfered a minimalistic life style and clothes, accessories and the like wasn't really something he cared about. His braclets he kept on his front two hooves didn't count. They weighed about 10 pounds a peice and he constantly kept them on for weight training, because just because he wasn't in the guard didn't mean he could just slack off.

Looking around at all the different kinds of ponies he'd never seen before was very exciting. Living so close to canterlot he'd only seen one zebra before in his life, but here he could spot ten just looking around the station. Scanning further he spotted the blue unicorn he'd met just a bit ago. He seemed to be in a bit of a group but with ponies everywhere who could tell. Blade Blocker started slowly making his way too him hoping he could tell him where the university was. "I guess I should've asked Rain Light for directions in that letter," he mumbled to himself finally breaking through the crowd to his location.

"HEY YOU!" Blade shouted while waving a hoof in what definitly wasn't his loudest voice but still loud none the less.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Yawnmon wrote:

"HEY YOU!" Blade shouted while waving a hoof in what definitly wasn't his loudest voice but still loud none the less.

"Oh hey. Its ...I don't think I ever got your name. The pegasus from earlier. Whats up?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Whisper turned around to see who was shouting. "Someone you know?" she asked Coffee Mug.

Edit: Also, prior to that, there was a whispered conversation about dining establishments with Clue Seeker.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 pm

"I met him in the corridor earlier. He wanted to help out with Buck, but he heard too late and missed all the excitement.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:24 am

Clue Seeker looked around for a place to eat. There were 3 restaurants that caught his fancy. There was the "Kaiser Seahorse" which served mostly seafood, a quaint looking pasta bar named "Spinach Alfredo's" and a place called "The Etruscan" which, judging by the bronze statue of a minotaur in front of it, was owned by Mighty Mike.

"Do you have a preference for something, Miss Whisper?"

But before he and her could take off, they were stopped by a burly looking pegasus who was shouting something to Coffee Mug.

"And who might you be, good sir?"
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:30 am

"Hey my names Blade Blocker. Sorry for almost crashing into you earlier. I was still half asleep I think," he said, looking at the multiple ponies who'd now directed their attention to him. "Anyways you look like a well read kinda stallion. Do you know how I can get to the city university from here? I kinda promised my little sister I'd head there once I got into town... not that I'm sure it's still open." Still eyeing over the other ponies as he walked right next to the group, making sure no one seemed hostile.

((Perseption roll 14+5=19 for any dangers. Aka making sure I dont notice the changeling, having probably taken a course on "Dangers & Enemies of Equestria" back at the academy. No offense Dr Blight, but you should probably be extra careful around Blade if I'm gonna roleplay my character the right way.))
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:45 am

((Well, pretty sure you didn't hit the DC to see through his disguise anyway so...so far so good?))

Whisper spouts out the directions offhand and points in the general direction of the university. ((I don't think I even have to roll for major landmarks of my hometown right? I will leave it up to Xand to actually say what those directions were though. =P ))

Thinking about dinner a bit still Whisper turns to Clue Seeker, hoof on her chin, and says, "I could go for seafood. Or canalfood as it may be." giving a jovial smile. ((Though that might not be a joke.)) "What about you Dawn?"

((Whisper registers as super not hostile. =P ))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 am

"You mean the University of New Orreigns? I work there, err well, will work there."

Its here on the map, in the Northeast part of town. Coffee points to the location on the map.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next