Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Kris_The_Guest wrote:*tackles Horizon, along with the red lucario.*

Wow, you couldn't get a real Pokemon to tackle me? Something respectable, like Mewtwo? Not "Generic Spiky Mewtwo-ripoff Kinda-legendary-I-guess garbage" Pokemon?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:37 pm

(So, is Horizon going with the paladin to the fire, somewhere else, or sticking around?)

Rolf

Grease -> Nat 1
Rolf Perception -> 11
Cleric Perception -> Nat 1 (Jeez!)

Rolf successfully casts his grease spell. Sadly, he sneezes as he tries to aim it, causing him to grease the floor right underneath himself. The moment he moves his feet, he'll start slipping (he's not greased the underside of his shoes yet). On the bright side, however, he sees that there are two empty patches in the shape of footsteps inside the grease stain, as well as a few trickles of grease suspended in midair.

The cleric, having no grease stain to focus on, tries to defend himself from the other cultist by flailing wildly again. The cultist manages to sneak to his side and attacks.

Cultist -> 11 + 3 = 14
Cleric -> 10

The cultist buries the dagger straight into the clerics hand, almost causing him to drop his staff. The magics enveloping the cultist fades, causing him to become visible.

Meanwhile, on the other balcony, the cub and cultist continue their fight.

Cub -> nat20
Cultist -> 7

The cub continues clawing at the cultist, firmly grasping him. As he staggers around, trying to get it off, he accidentally trips right over the balcony railing, causing them both to fall down to the level below. The cub, being a cat, firmly lands on its feet. The cultist does the same, with his head, producing a crunching sound and red stain that will certainly earn the disapproval of the High Priest later. The cub runs off somewhere under Rolf's balcony, out of his sight.

Skitter & Tiffany

As the wall opens again, the appendage is visible again, ready to jump. It leaps towards one of the two.

Coin toss (1d2)
Heads (1) - Tiffany
Tails (2) - Skitter

1d2 -> Tails/2, Skitter attacked

Appendage -> 16
Skitter def -> 11

It jumps onto Skitter, attempting to wrap its foul tendrils around his neck, as well as trying to claw at him with its claw-like portions.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Zarhon wrote:Skitter & Tiffany

As the wall opens again, the appendage is visible again, ready to jump. It leaps towards one of the two.

Coin toss (1d2)
Heads (1) - Tiffany
Tails (2) - Skitter

1d2 -> Tails/2, Skitter attacked

Appendage -> 16
Skitter def -> 11

It jumps onto Skitter, attempting to wrap its foul tendrils around his neck, as well as trying to claw at him with its claw-like portions.
"Skitter!" Tiffany tried to grab the thing and throw it away from Skitter so she could smash it with her hammer.

Hey, Stop teasing Ugoji!
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm telling you guys, Wizards of the Coast hates me. What did I do to tick them off?

"Clumsy, CLUMSY ROLF!" Rolf mentally screamed at himself. Couldn't he do anything right!?! Alright, stay calm, Rolf, stay calm. Keep your feet where they are and you'll remain stable. Now to other matters.

He glared at the dangling bits of grease and cast a Sleep spell right at them.

Roll for Sleep.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:12 pm

I don't know what the damn Paladin's doing- I have to assume at this point he's just a zombie with a hatchling complex. But yes, horizon has gone to check the fire. If nothing interferes, he will then make his way out via the wine cellar.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Horizon

Horizon and the paladin go to check the fire. At this point, it seems that the smoke from the fire is starting to fill the tunnels, but the fire stopped at the gate you broke through: The tunnel goes upwards, stopping the flow of the substance. The substance is starting to lose its potency: The fires are still too thick and too large to pass, but its starting to burn itself out, the fire burning with less strength than before. The pair then enter the wine cellar again.

Perception -> 18

Horizon can barely make out the sound of some commotion, in the direction of the staircase.

Rolf

Sleep -> 4+8 = 12

The sleep spell flies true, flying through the air before stopping in midair. Moments later, a man-shaped indentation can be seen in the grease, as well as loud snoring.

The cleric and cultist continue their fight. The cleric tries to keep the cultist from gutting him, keeping him away with his staff.

Cultist -> 10
Cleric -> 9 - 3 = 6

Unable to grip the staff properly due to his injury, the cultist doesn't manage to parry the cultist's blow, causing a deep cut down the length of his other arm. He yells loudly, falling to one knee and dropping his staff.

As this happens, the cub from earlier comes along, up the staircase, passing Rolf. It curiously sniffs the invisible cultist. As the cleric yells, the cub perks its ears and turns attention to the fight down the balcony. It growls and attempts to charge towards it, but ends up slipping on the grease.

Tiffany

Grapple -> 13

You manage to grip and throw the aberration to the ground, before it manages to get a good hold of Skitters neck.

Tiffany attack -> 2
Appendage def -> 11

You then try to smash it, but it quickly crawls out of the way before your hammer hits.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Tiffany

Grapple -> 13

You manage to grip and throw the aberration to the ground, before it manages to get a good hold of Skitters neck.

Tiffany attack -> 2
Appendage def -> 11

You then try to smash it, but it quickly crawls out of the way before your hammer hits.
"Gah!" Tiffany quickly swiped her hammer at the aberration, trying to lift it up and hit it against the wall or ceiling.

*rolls around.*
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 pm

"...with a rake. So anyway, that's why I stopped going to temples until now. Can't say I regret it." Horizon finished his story just as he and the Paladin reached the wine cellar. Sounds emanated from the stairs, but Horizon was less than surprised. "I guess we know where the Wiz kid is. I suppose we should go check on him." Horizon began climbing the stairs "That is, of course, if you've decided to rescind your sudden vow of silence and do something useful with yourself..." His voice trailed off as he neared the first landing, on the lookout for a certain big angry cat, before continuing upwards.

Perception on the hallway, and as I continue up to the attic. I have no idea about the layout up there, because I didn't expect to be up there so soon.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Rolf looks as the cub sprawled along the grease. They have to help the cleric, and fast. If only there was someway to the cub to get a grip...

He got an idea. An awful idea. Rolf had a wonderful, awful idea.

Staying in place, he tried to cast Spider Climb at the cub, saying "Sic him, boy! Climb the walls!". He then snapped his fingers, gripped the frost wand that appeared, and sent a blast toward the remaining cultist.

Roll for Spider Climb and Frost Wand (and possibly Diplomacy).

Here's the scene I really wanted to see.

Zarhon: As you go down the staircase, you see Lizzie clawing at the wall of the other balcony. The cultist looks down and laughs.
Rolf: I cast Spider Climb on Lizzie.
Zarhon: Lizzie climbs up the wall up to the balcony. The cultist quickly makes an "oh shit" face, then screams and runs away as Lizzie chases after him.
Later
High Priest: I hear you are responsible for saving the church while we were away. Let us give thanks in the great hall and...
Zarhon: The High Priest stops and stares. Following his gaze, you see Lizzie idling "walking" on the ceiling of the great hall.
Rolf: Huh. Didn't know it would last that long.

edit: Really like the Ninja'd detector. It doesn't matter for this post, but I'm sure it will come in handy later.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 pm

You know you're gonna hit the cleric with that, right?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:44 pm

...Bronymous, what I tell you about trampling dreams? Cut it out.

Anyway, even if the cub doesn't understand what I'm saying, hopefully the spell THAT WILL CONNECT could give him enough supernatural grip to walk over the grease and attack the cultist.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:31 am

Lyntermas wrote:...Bronymous, what I tell you about trampling dreams? Cut it out.

Anyway, even if the cub doesn't understand what I'm saying, hopefully the spell THAT WILL CONNECT FAIL MISERABLY could give him enough supernatural grip to walk over the grease and attack the cultist.

Fix'd
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 am

Rolf

Spider Climb -> 10 + 8 = 18
Wand -> 12 + 8 = 20

The spell affects the cub as it was sliding towards a wall, causing it to have its paw stick to the wall. It takes it a few moments to figure out whats going on in confusion. Meanwhile, Rolf fires off another blast from his wand. It strikes true, making him stagger, shiver and move sluggishly. This gives the cub enough time to charge across the wall and pounce on the cultist, knocking him to the ground.

Horizon

You head into the hallway. Its a mess: The tapestry that was covering the door is now shredded (by what appear to be claw marks) and is lying on the floor. The door to Lizzie's room is half-opened, but you cant see into it from this side. In addition, there is a cultist here, armed with a small crossbow and a wand, who appears to have come from the gaping hole left over from Lizzie's rampage. As soon as he sees you, he dashes for the door to Lizzie's room, using it as impromptu cover, and aims his crossbow at Horizon.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:43 am

Good job, Rolf, I knew you could do it! Never doubted you for a second.

I thought I had made it clear that I moved past the hallway and continued upwards (unless the stairs no longer continue upward from there). But nevermind, this seems like much more fun.

"Horizon's combat instincts kick in once more, and as the Cultist moves to the door and aims, he dashes across the hallway and flattens against the wall. "Paladin, one combatant, ranged! He's got one shot, then take him!" He then runs full bore at the cultist, hoping to take him before his shot is lined up.[/i]

I was tempted to try and TacRoll or what have you to dodge, but that's a bit roundabout at such close range. So head on it is- If he get's his shot off, remember, Horizon has armor on his torso, wrists and forearms, toes and low shins, and head.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 am

Bronymous wrote:
I was tempted to try and TacRoll or what have you to dodge, but that's a bit roundabout at such close range.

Hrm, well I imagine the hallway being slightly larger than that (Lizzie's room has to be huge), but okay.

Bronymous wrote:So head on it is- If he get's his shot off, remember, Horizon has armor on his torso, wrists and forearms, toes and low shins, and head.

So your knees are unprotected? Tsk tsk.

Update coming later though, want sleep nows.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:08 am

Zarhon wrote:
Bronymous wrote:
I was tempted to try and TacRoll or what have you to dodge, but that's a bit roundabout at such close range.

Hrm, well I imagine the hallway being slightly larger than that (Lizzie's room has to be huge), but okay.

"Close range" being anything within 50 ft. If I thought it was point blank range, I would have closed immediately and done something cool, like cause him to shoot himself in the neck.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:27 am

Um, Zarhon, I believe you misspelled "cultist that ducked into Lizzie's room". I believe it's spelled "cultist with a life span of less than 5 seconds." Glad to clear that up for you.

Rolf smiled as the cub pounced on the cultist. "Cleric, I'm headed toward you. Cultist, if you're smart, you'll stay put, or that cat will eat your face off." He snapped his fingers, sending the frost wand back into his glove.

One benefit of making mistakes is that you can learn from them. Rolf had been on the wrong end of a few Grease spells, and knew what to do. He got down on his knees, lied down perpendicular to the balcony corridor, and rolled across the grease patch. Once he was clear, he got up and started brushing himself off. The clothes get a bit greasy, but the hands and feet usually remain clean. He quickly walked over to the cleric. "Are you alright? Do you need help bandaging yourself, or can you still cast healing in this state?".

Good night, Zarhon.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:36 am

((Hey guys, I'm in the process of moving so I'll be on less for a bit and might even vanish entirely for a few days. If I vanish for more than 24 hours or you guys need Skitter to do something really obvious for him to do (kill things that need killing, help snakes, disarm traps, steal stuff) just have him do so. Sorry for the inconvenience.))

"Gah. Thanks Tiff." says Skitter before launching into his classic shadow blade attack on the horrible thing. ((roll: 11. *shrug*))
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:37 am

Lyntermas wrote:I believe it's spelled "cultist with a life span of less than 5 seconds." Glad to clear that up for you.

Well, I planned on him living long enough to feel the hurt, but it's good to know you have such faith in my abilities.

But I don't think Lizzie is here right now. At least, that's what I'm counting on.

And guess what? Story Time!
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 pm

I liked the story, Bronymous. It gives a good sense of Horizon's personality and thought process, as well as sets up our crossover story. I think I can write another story that sets up what Rolf actually does for the Finder's Guild.

Yeah, I'm guessing if your paladin buddy (well, "buddy" in that he's currently following you around) had tried his "sacrilege" speech on you, he might not be with us today.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Yeah, I'm guessing if your paladin buddy (well, "buddy" in that he's currently following you around) had tried his "sacrilege" speech on you, he might not be with us today.

Possibly, but you have to remember, Horizon isn't your typical Homicidal Maniac. He killed Baurus in Self-Defense, and the other three were still alive when he left. Now, that's not to say that they wouldn't have died had the fight been prolonged, but that's speculation. At the very worst, I think, he would have pushed the Paladin into the fire if he pissed him off with religious talk, but wouldn't have outright killed him until a fight started.

Something else that I completely overlooked when I finished that was the Madness aspect. ideally the speech would have been longer, and would have involved several allusions to both the Demon and random other events outside of this timeline, as well as a breakdown once or twice into some language no one has ever heard before. But it was late last night when I picked it up, and I felt like getting it done, so i figure I'll save that stuff for later.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Writing my story right now. Just to clarify, is Jakob a member of the Finder's Guild, or an outside party trying to work against them? If he's a member, then I think I know how to integrate him properly.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Outside party, but his intentions are vague- the set up is that he wants Horizon in on a deal with them as added security. So go nuts on his background and detail, organization, whatever you want.

Holy balls, I got a Star.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Rolf

The cleric responds:
"Ugh... Well, I'll need a few minutes of peace to heal properly, but yeah, I can manage. Unless you've got some more bombs to find, I think you should go up that ladder on the other side, that should lead you to the temple bells. Attach the dove (I assume you still have it, if not, you can have mine) to one of the bells, then have someone ring the bells from below (otherwise you'll go deaf from the ringing). That should bring the High Priest and his paladins. I'll stay here, try to keep an eye on the Hall. I can't follow you up that ladder with my arms in this state. Don't worry, I'm sure the cub will keep me safe, as well as our violent friends here..."

The cultist is shivering, suffering from frostbite where the ice bolt hit him, as well as being pinned down by the cub.

Perception -> 11

Rolf hears screaming somewhere below him.

Horizon

Perception -> 2

Crossbow -> 16
Horizon defense -> 14

The cultist manages to hit Horizon with a bolt, slightly above the knee, forcing him to stop and stumble before reaching him, about 2.5 meters away. The paladin rushes to aid him, to which the cultist aims his wand at him.

Wand -> Nat20
Paladin -> 15

A streak of fire erupts from it and hits the paladin head-on, knocking him back, as well as igniting him completely. He screams in pain as he tries to put it out. Satisfied with the results, the cultist quickly starts loading another bolt into his crossbow, watching Horizon closely.

Skitter

Skitter slashes at the appendage, barely managing to hit it. It gets sliced in half, twitching slightly, but no longer moving or threatening you otherwise. By this time, the door fully opened. The snake is no longer here, having moved out of the hole. Skitter can hear it moving on the other side.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris_The_Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Zarhon wrote:Skitter

Skitter slashes at the appendage, barely managing to hit it. It gets sliced in half, twitching slightly, but no longer moving or threatening you otherwise. By this time, the door fully opened. The snake is no longer here, having moved out of the hole. Skitter can hear it moving on the other side.
Tiffany sighed lowly. "Well, that's one problem out of the way before it can become too bad." Tiffany put her hammer up but kept a hand on it, just in case more 'problems' appeared.

Bleh. I finally gave one of my OC's a pokemon party and I like pokemon from all generations. Mostly, I got to like them because I was forced to RP as them.
Kris_The_Guest
Kris_The_Guest
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next