Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

+9
Philadelphus
Appkes
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
XandZero2
Demonu
Brony 7 of 9
Cardbo
The Warrior of Many Faces
13 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 15 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:37 am

Aww, that's not nearly as funny.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 15 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Appkes Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:23 am

My plans for that door are very simple - in fact, just one word.

Breach
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:04 pm

And back to Blackhawk being ignored, then.

Now I'm just confused about who is where.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:And back to Blackhawk being ignored, then.

Now I'm just confused about who is where.

I'm as confused as you, so I'd say just pick somewhere to be and be there.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm just...

I guess gonna go downstairs back to the rest of the group.

EDIT: I still don't know how this happened, to be honest. I thought "going back over to the others" was pretty clear but I guess not?????
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Greets folks,
I'm a first time player, just got "recruited" in the LFG thread.
Character : Brittle Temper, a unicorn metallurgist working with the Dodge Junction railroads.
I'm still reading up on the mechanics and current events, but I hope to be joining in as soon as the story allows ^^
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:41 pm

kajisora wrote:Greets folks,
Character : Brittle Temper, a unicorn metallurgist working with the Dodge Junction railroads.
I'm still reading up on the mechanics and current events, but I hope to be joining in as soon as the story allows ^^

I just PMed you the basics, Sora, so once you have that, you should be equipped to begin playing story-wise. I figure maybe you're staying at the Mareiot because the railroad company is paying for your lodging there. Since the party's sneaking around the Mareiot right now, that just leaves it to you to figure out how Brittle encounters the party. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:42 pm

kajisora wrote:Greets folks,

You know whats a possibility. I did message Wheel Mercantile asking for a mineral survey. Brittle might be able to provide that. Whether he was notified by Wheel Mercantile to do that is up to you, but Cheese is probably going to bring it up IC somepoint after meeting him.

Now all we need is the mushroom expert...
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Cardbo wrote:

You know whats a possibility. I did message Wheel Mercantile asking for a mineral survey. Brittle might be able to provide that.

Just so you know, that won't work. Quite aside from any backstory Sora chooses to incorporate, the mineral surveyer isn't there yet.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:54 am

Looking forward to having you, Sora.

I'll try and have my tendency to monologue tamed by the time you get here.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 am

I kick Down The Door

Aw he'll, it's the Platinum Dragon

RUN AWAY!
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 pm

"I don't suppose you have any firefighting experience? I may have a bit of a thermite problem."

Was this pun intentional? If so, I approve.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Appkes wrote:I kick Down The Door

RUN AWAY!

Sounds like somepony plays Munchkin, yes? Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Cardbo wrote:
"I don't suppose you have any firefighting experience? I may have a bit of a thermite problem."

completely so, good sir.
Lovely stuff, thermite
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:55 pm

kajisora wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

completely so, good sir.
Lovely stuff, thermite

Fun for the whole family.

Cheese knows that Doom rules his own province, Latveria, and that he rules with an iron hoof. He's a magiscientist of some renown in the scholastic world. He's amibitious, greedy, and holds a notorious grudge against a fellow magiscientist named Reeds.

Don't you mean Steeds? Very Happy
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Cheese knows that Doom rules his own province, Latveria, and that he rules with an iron hoof. He's a magiscientist of some renown in the scholastic world. He's amibitious, greedy, and holds a notorious grudge against a fellow magiscientist named Reeds.

Don't you mean Steeds? Very Happy

No, Reeds. Still, XD.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:40 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

RUN AWAY!

Kill the monsters
Get the treasure
Stab your buddies

....And go mad!

.... In Space!
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Appkes wrote:

RUN AWAY!

Kill the monsters
Get the treasure
Stab your buddies

....And go mad!

.... In Space!

I have the Kneecaps of Allure, so I'll let you do all the monster-killing, treasure-getting, and buddy-stabbing. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Mixing water with thermite or pouring water onto burning thermite can cause a steam explosion, spraying hot fragments in all directions.

Its magic thermite. Alternately, the unicorn didn't put water on it to extinguish it.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:55 pm

well, thermite burns quickly: probably it would have burned out by the time the unicorn came in. Still not sure how safe it would be to pour water on molten metal, but it would probably put out the fires.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Appkes wrote:

RUN AWAY!

Kill the monsters
Get the treasure
Stab your buddies

....And go mad!

.... In Space!

I have the Kneecaps of Allure, so I'll let you do all the monster-killing, treasure-getting, and buddy-stabbing. Very Happy

I'm a theif,
You don't anymore.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:46 am

Trying to figure out how to invite Brittle into the party, and failing.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 pm

I've been wondering the same thing...
Here's how I imagine the current situation from his side:
- brittle was hired by the railroad company (hmm.. are equestrian railroads government owned, or is there a company that owns them... probably not too important)
- arrives in Dodge Junction, but doesn't stay for long
- does a survey of the damage to the rails, finds some minor damages that can be fixed with a bit of welding
- returns to DJ, probably in the evening of the next day. Starts mixing up thermite (stupid thing to do: wooden building, no safety regulations in place etc. Dude's tired and wants finish his job quickly without hassle)
- Gets startled by dextor's scream, drops test batch of thermite right into the bucket he just mixed up. Panicks and dumps the stuff into a bucket of water he has on hand for containing the test batch
- hijinks ensue

end result: damaged hotel room, possibly trouble with the railway company for hurting their image. Probably lost/damaged a lot of his supplies in the steam explosion and resulting fire.
Brittle probably lost a lot of money and damaged his chances of getting rehired. If he hears of the investigation deal he would probably be interested. (does Barabus have the authority to hire agents?) How that subject would come up I have no idea.
For current events: Hotel room just got burned up. Staff might be angry, so not likely to hang around in the lobby. I'll probably just follow Cheese or Dextor around just out of curiosity, then get dragged into stuff.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Additionally, the group is planning to investigate a mine in the next day, and Cheese might think it's a good idea to have some pony around who at least knows a little about geology (besides Kal and his FK in crystals which Cheese doesn't know about)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Cheese just may wind up offering Brittle a job as consultant in mining and metallurgical matters.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next