Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

+9
Philadelphus
Appkes
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
XandZero2
Demonu
Brony 7 of 9
Cardbo
The Warrior of Many Faces
13 posters

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 25 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Quietkal Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 pm

I...meant thinking trees, but I suppose what's done is done.
Would you like me to do a followup for conscious, thinking trees?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 25 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh, if you meant thinking trees, I'll revise the information.

Kal recalls that inanimate objects were often given sentience by unicorn wizards who had nothing better to do... as well as Star Swirl the Bearded. He's not sure if the spell works on trees, but he can't think of any reason why that wouldn't be the case.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Quietkal wrote:So I guess the whole "pretend to be Cheese's twin brother in public" thing went out the window
Sadly, yes. with the business ponies in the lobby, that act could have some pretty serious repercussions for Cheese. Brittle would have realised that, and I couldn't find a way to justify keeping the joke.
Maybe one day I shall roleplay a pony roleplaying another pony, and keep a lookout for another level to add onto that ^^
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:44 pm

kajisora wrote:Sadly, yes. with the business ponies in the lobby, that act could have some pretty serious repercussions for Cheese. Brittle would have realised that, and I couldn't find a way to justify keeping the joke.
Maybe one day I shall roleplay a pony roleplaying another pony, and keep a lookout for another level to add onto that ^^
Ah! Well played then.
(Also: "I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude!")
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Calculating 54.42% that guide is evil
30.5% guide is psycho
15.08% guide is perfectly sane and normal, and has Had Enough of us loonies.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:16 pm

/pokes thread with a stick to see if its still alive.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 am

I must confess I am at a bit of a loss for what to do next.

Was kind of hoping somebody else would come up with something.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 am

I think I was waiting on something, but odds are that whatever I was waiting for isn't gonna happen, so I'll work on moving you guys along.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:45 pm

I just realised that A) we never picked a boon in the end, and B) I never updated Barabus when he levelled.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 pm

A for Appkes wrote:I just realised that A) we never picked a boon in the end, and B) I never updated Barabus when he levelled.
I remain in a convinced state on the landship issue. ^^
your sig keeps reminding me.
I really should watch Vendetta some day
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:39 pm

kajisora wrote:
A for Appkes wrote:I just realised that A) we never picked a boon in the end, and B) I never updated Barabus when he levelled.

I'd like assistant, but failing that, if Dex was the first mate of the landship, that might work as well.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Cardbo wrote:
kajisora wrote:

I'd like assistant, but failing that, if Dex was the first mate of the landship, that might work as well.
I hadn't even though of that.
That does neatly solve the ethics problem to a large extent. He would probably be a lot more safe there.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:04 pm

I agree. He gets almost as much action while staying comfy and safe

WoMF, I'd like to rework Barabus more completely for pbp, since a lot of his abilities are interrupts -something with severely limited use in this medium.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:41 pm

AppkesGelatinousCubeBait wrote:WoMF, I'd like to rework Barabus more completely for pbp, since a lot of his abilities are interrupts -something with severely limited use in this medium.
On a similar note: If you don't mind, i'd like to replace

Master Ponykinesis - Magic
You may use Ponykinesis with a maximum weight limit of 1,000 lbs for 10 minutes.
with
Metalcrafting - 1/Day
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds
For the next ten minutes, you may mentally pick up or move metal objects weighing 200 lbs or less. You can only manipulate one object at a time.
From the Talent Show expansion. It suits Brittle much better, but it wasn't around when I made him.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:28 pm

kajisora wrote:
Cardbo wrote:
kajisora wrote:

I hadn't even though of that.
That does neatly solve the ethics problem to a large extent. He would probably be a lot more safe there.

Y'know, I could see that working. Now, I'm still waiting to see if everypony agrees with that solution, but in the meantime, I'm going to go work on figuring out how to fit in the landship.

AppkesGelatinousCubeBait wrote:
WoMF, I'd like to rework Barabus more completely for pbp, since a lot of his abilities are interrupts -something with severely limited use in this medium.

Either PM me or post here to let me know what exactly is changing before I approve it.

kajisora wrote:
On a similar note: If you don't mind, i'd like to replace

Master Ponykinesis - Magic
You may use Ponykinesis with a maximum weight limit of 1,000 lbs for 10 minutes.
with
Metalcrafting - 1/Day
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds
For the next ten minutes, you may mentally pick up or move metal objects weighing 200 lbs or less. You can only manipulate one object at a time.
From the Talent Show expansion. It suits Brittle much better, but it wasn't around when I made him.

Seems fine to me, so go ahead and make the change.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 pm

What I meant was reworking the Racials using the new system since his two best are mostly useless in pbp.

Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Again, I mostly need to know specifically what you're planning on doing before I approve it. Feel free to retool, I just need to see your work. I don't anticipate anything being a problem, but I'm a poor Faust if I don't know what my PCs are capable of.

EDIT:

kajisora wrote:((does that include any instructions on how that process is performed? ))

Yes, but Brittle would need to roll Arcana to see how much of it he understands.

Question: should I wait on Blackhawk to grab a treat, or should I hurry you guys along?

Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:54 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Cherry Jubilee smiles again. "You're from Wheel Well, am I right? Yes, we have begun selling shares, and you may certainly have a prospectus." She raises her voice. "Serendipity, could you please grab a prospectus for this fine gentlecolt?"

Wheel Mercantile. Smile
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Cardbo wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Cherry Jubilee smiles again. "You're from Wheel Well, am I right? Yes, we have begun selling shares, and you may certainly have a prospectus." She raises her voice. "Serendipity, could you please grab a prospectus for this fine gentlecolt?"

Wheel Mercantile. Smile

Derp. Should be fixed in a couple of minutes.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:18 am

His own train of thought derailed itself as an idea occurred to Blackhawk. Casually, he drew the bottle of Wheel Mercantile Gear Grease, pulling the cork out audibly. A quick and falsely-hidden "swig" and Blackhawk put the cork back in.
I don't know that I could make a reaction in character, so I'll just put this here.

Shocked WHAT?!
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 am

Stealth to be off by himself without anypony noticing: 18.
Stealth(Persuasion?) to fake the swig: 19.
Perception to see Blackhawk stealth off: 28 (17+10+1)
Perception on the stealth swig: 18 (7+10+1) So close q_q
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:59 am

Perception 1: 1d20 (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Perception 2: 1d20 (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:12 am

La La La. Reading the Prospectus. Cheese is seeing none of this. Smile
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:21 am

Those who don't know what the bottle is and see me drinking but fail their perception checks are probably thinking I'm sneaking some cider on-duty.

Those who do know what the bottle is and see me drinking but fail their perception checks have just received undeniable proof that I am secretly a robot. I love this game so much.

...oh yeah, and those who see and succeed whether they know the bottle or not probably think I am so drunk I can't make the bottle hit my mouth. Or a poor actor.

More pressingly, according to the new non-racialized rules I would like to replace my most recently-gained Utility Talent with Create Crazy Contraption. Blackhawk took Cheese's words of wisdom earlier to heart, you see.

I would also like to know if (probably yes) now that Hippogriff's racial abilities have been changed, I'll need to adjust my character sheet accordingly and choose between Faster Than Lightning and my Cutie Mark? I hope not, but it would make sense that I do.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:58 am

Go ahead with Contraption, although I'm not making you choose between CM and Lightning unless everypony else suddenly revamps their character sheets as well.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next