Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 10 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:16 pm

OOC: Cheese is going to roll streetwise to see if he'd know about Coin's coal search setup here
Streetwise + Freak Knowledge + AoAT
Roll(1d20)+13:
19,+13
Total:32

Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"See, even he agrees!" the burly pegasus says jovially, slapping the zebra on the back. "I like you! What's yer name?"
Zebulon's glasses get loose as he hurries to push them up before anyone sees his eyes.

"You may know me as Zebulon the Just," said Zebulon, his usual introduction slightly shaky after just having been smacked.

OOC:
Spoiler:

The wiry pegasus catches the slightest glimpse of Zebulon's eyes. I'm not sure what he sees, since it's not on the character sheet; you'll have to let me know.

The bulky pegasus, noticing nothing wrong, gestures at his companions. "You know Doc already." Here Vaccine waved. "And this kuncklehead here's my brother, Silverswift."

Cardbo wrote:OOC: Cheese is going to roll streetwise to see if he'd know about Coin's coal search setup here
Streetwise + Freak Knowledge + AoAT
Roll(1d20)+13:
19,+13
Total:32

[Cheese is aware not only of the coal setup, but also its gradual but comprehensive failure in progress. There's not nearly as much coal around here as he thought, but he's refusing to cut his losses.]

Cardbo wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

"Finally, a reasonable pony!" grins the unicorn, offering his hoof to Cheese Wheel. "Dr. Vaccine, at your service."

Cheese takes the offered hoof and shakes it.

"Cheese Wheel, likewise."

An eyebrow raised, the unicorn asks, "Any relation to Wheel Mercantile by any chance?"

Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm

The Pegasus notes that Zebulon has no white whatsoever in his eyes - they're pure black.

"It is a great pleasure to meet you all," said Zebulon.

OOC: It's the first sign Zebulon got that he's turning into death and/or is sick, paranoid, and crazy. I'll make a note of it later.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:29 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:The Pegasus notes that Zebulon has no white whatsoever in his eyes - they're pure black.

"It is a great pleasure to meet you all," said Zebulon.

OOC: It's the first sign Zebulon got that he's turning into death - I'll make a note of it later.

Mildly unnerved, Silverswift hid it with a chuckle. "Same here. Y'all're new here, I assume?"
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:32 pm

The bulky pegasus, noticing nothing wrong, gestures at his companions. "You know Doc already." Here Vaccine waved. "And this kuncklehead here's my brother, Silverswift."

Please to meet you all." and offers a hoof to the rest.

An eyebrow raised, the unicorn asks, "Any relation to Wheel Mercantile by any chance?"

"My family owns the company."

OOC:Does Wheel Merchantile have any holdings here. I know Cheese said there was, but that was before I realized how small a town it was. I'm figuring there might be store that sells Wheel Merchantile products, but not much else.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Cardbo wrote:

Please to meet you all." and offers a hoof to the rest.

"My family owns the company."

OOC:Does Wheel Merchantile have any holdings here. I know Cheese said there was, but that was before I realized how small a town it was. I'm figuring there might be store that sells Wheel Merchantile products, but not much else.

[Yeah, your products are sold at the corner store that I forgot to mention. There's a corner store, by the by.]

Vaccine exclaims in satisfaction. "Ah, I thought the name was familiar. Your company sells a bunch of stuff at the corner store."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:39 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Mildly unnerved, Silverswift hid it with a chuckle. "Same here. Y'all're new here, I assume?"

"I travel with young Cheese Wheel's company," explained Zebulon. "We thought Dodge would be a nice place to see."

Zebulon does not suspect that Silverswift has seen his eyes.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Mildly unnerved, Silverswift hid it with a chuckle. "Same here. Y'all're new here, I assume?"

"I travel with young Cheese Wherl's company," explained Zebulon. "We thought Dodge would be a nice place to see."

Zebulon does not suspect that Silverswift has seen his eyes.

The burly pegasus, who we'll assume introduced himself already (his name is Powerhouse), laughs heartily. "Well, there's not much t'see here, but they've got the best salt you'll ever have in yer whole darn life! 'Cept for Saltlick, 'course. I hear salt's more common there now, since the lake's drying up an' all. Prices went up, though."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Mildly unnerved, Silverswift hid it with a chuckle. "Same here. Y'all're new here, I assume?"

"Yeah, I'm part of the "Vigilante Watchers Club". I'm member 003. Zeb here is 001." Looking at blank stares he's getting, he continues.

"Sorry. Actually, I heard Big Coin was setting up a coal mining operation here. I figured if this was going to suddenly become a boom town, it might be good idea to expand operations here."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Cardbo wrote:

"Yeah, I'm part of the "Vigilante Watchers Club". I'm member 003. Zeb here is 001." Looking at blank stares he's getting, he continues.

"Sorry. Actually, I heard Big Coin was setting up a coal mining operation here. I figured if this was going to suddenly become a boom town, it might be good idea to expand operations here."

Vaccine sighs. "Don't waste your time. Coin's an idiot. Any of us could have told him that there wasn't any coal here, but noooo, he just sets up shop without so much as a by-your-leave. Maybe I'll get the building when he finally gives up."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:50 pm

"Oh well."

Changing subject he goes on.

"You ponies been here all your lives or just recent?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Cardbo wrote:"Oh well."

Changing subject he goes on.

"You ponies been here all your lives or just recent?"

"Doc came here couple years ago," replies Powerhouse. "My brother an' I moved from Cloudsdale 'bout... oh, a good ten years ago?"

Silverswift nods. "We've been here almost as long as the town's been around. Followed Cherry Jubilee. Her cherry pie is to die for!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:56 pm

"Doc came here couple years ago," replies Powerhouse. "My brother an' I moved from Cloudsdale 'bout... oh, a good ten years ago?"

Silverswift nods. "We've been here almost as long as the town's been around. Followed Cherry Jubilee. Her cherry pie is to die for!"

"Well I'll have to check that out then. Anything else interesting around town?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Cardbo wrote:

"Well I'll have to check that out then. Anything else interesting around town?"

"Nah, Jubilee's farm and the saloon are the only things worth being here for," Silverswift replies. "Unless you want the vigilante. But nopony gets to see him. If he even is a him. For all I know, Miss Jubilee's the vigilante."

Laughing again, Powerhouse says, "Yeah right, and I'm Supermare."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:01 pm

"As you now know, 'new around here' are we, so pray tell, who is Cherry Jubilee?"

OOC: Using Bridle Gossip and Streetwise to see if Zeb can find out anything about Cherry Jubilee.

Spoiler:
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:03 pm

"Nah, Jubilee's farm and the saloon are the only things worth being here for," Silverswift replies. "Unless you want the vigilante. But nopony gets to see him. If he even is a him. For all I know, Miss Jubilee's the vigilante."

"Hey, just remember I'm a member of the Vigilante Watchers Club." Cheese says in a not at all serious tone of voice.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"As you now know, 'new around here' are we, so pray tell, who is Cherry Jubilee?"

OOC: Using Bridle Gossip and Streetwise to see if Zeb can find out anything about Cherry Jubilee.

Spoiler:

[Sorry, a roll's a roll. Not only have you never heard of Cherry Jubilee, but you've never even heard of a cherries jubilee.]

"Farmpony. A bit of a grandstander, but she makes some delicious stuff with those cherries," Vaccine replied. "Practically any baked good you could ask for, she has in cherry flavor."

Cardbo wrote:

"Hey, just remember I'm a member of the Vigilante Watchers Club." Cheese says in a not at all serious tone of voice.

"Ya actually seen one yet?" grins Powerhouse.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Barabus awoke with a snort in the hotel room Dextor had somehow fast talked him into renting.
He sighed. "asleep on a mission. Great. Everyone else is out there, completing our mission, and I was still asleep."

He got out of the bed, pulled on his jacket, grabbed his bag, and left the hotel, wandering about town until he found a member of the group.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Appkes wrote:Barabus awoke with a snort in the hotel room Dextor had somehow fast talked him into renting.
He sighed. "asleep on a mission. Great. Everyone else is out there, completing our mission, and I was still asleep."

He got out of the bed, pulled on his jacket, grabbed his bag, and left the hotel, wandering about town until he found a member of the group.

[Might want to pick a member to find.]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:14 pm

"Still working on it. Maybe I'll get a chance in the next couple of days." Cheese responds with a grin.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Cardbo wrote:

"Still working on it. Maybe I'll get a chance in the next couple of days." Cheese responds with a grin.

"Wouldn't hold my breath if I was you, but hey, who am I to lecture people about chasin' the wrong stuff?" Powerhouse says, grinning. "'Course, if you don't keep yer nose clean, you'll definitely see 'im."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 pm

()Barabus is looking for Cheese Wheel - he still thinks ofhin as the 'sanest' party member.))
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Cardbo wrote:

"Why yes, so far we have seen nearly one," said Zebulon, mind still reeling over the fact that Cherry Jubilee, in fact, works with cherries. "Perhaps it is high time our luck improves. Mayhap we catch a glimpse of him working."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Appkes wrote:()Barabus is looking for Cheese Wheel - he still thinks ofhin as the 'sanest' party member.))

You eventually make your way to the saloon, where you see Cheese, Zebulon, two pegasi, and a unicorn chatting.

Powerhouse whistles as he notices Barabus. "Who's the big guy?"

"Someone who might actually beat you at a lifting contest, maybe?" joked Silverswift.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:29 pm

"Hey there, the names Barabus Thorn. Beleive it or not, I'm actually with him." He said, gesturing at Cheese.
"I'm just a sort of... Aide, I guess. I help him out with all sorta stuff, messages, errands, so on." (He's lying. 14+ 10 = 24 Persuasion to convince them)
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next