Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 31 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:52 am

Cardbo wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

The kitten's eyes flash with magic, which quickly fades. The kitten then begins to speak with a female voice. "So. Somepony other than that dratted vigilante discovered something suspicious around here. So, who are you then? One the one hand, you're stupid enough to just waltz into town as a bunch of mismatched creatures, so you might be Day Soldiers. On the other hand, you figured me out, so you might just be smart enough to be Night Agents." The cat smirks. "I doubt that you're Love Troopers, though. Cadance has more pressing worries back in Canterlot, I hear."

"It wasn't hard. I doubt even the Day Soldiers would've had trouble piercing your disguise."

The cat simply smirks again. "Definitely Night Agents. Good to know."
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:53 am

OOC: Think this qualifies for a new perception check on the kitty.
1d20+14
9+14 = 23
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:54 am

Cardbo wrote:OOC: Think this qualifies for a new perception check on the kitty.
1d20+14
9+14 = 23

Cheese recognizes some sort of spell that's still affecting the cat.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:57 am

((+1 Make Preparations))
Kal takes a moment to ready himself. Things were going to ugly quick, but considering what's happened since last sun-down yesterday it figures this is the way the day will end.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:59 am

"So you've got quite the set up, here, Ms.."

OOC:Cheese is trying to bluff her into appearing to know more than he's letting on.
1d20+11
2+11 = 13
Meh.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:05 am

Quietkal wrote:((+1 Make Preparations))
Kal takes a moment to ready himself. Things were going to ugly quick, but considering what's happened since last sun-down yesterday it figures this is the way the day will end.

The white pony ignores Kal and punches Looker back, knocking him back with ease. The yellow pony, on the other hoof, charges at Kal and headbutts him (6 damage).

Looker then picks himself up and charges at the white pony with another punch, which makes the burly white pony flinch slightly.

Cardbo wrote:"So you've got quite the set up, here, Ms.."

OOC:Cheese is trying to bluff her into appearing to know more than he's letting on.
1d20+11
2+11 = 13
Meh.

"Miss Meow," says the cat sarcastically. "How transparent. Maybe you are a Day Soldier after all."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:06 am

So I'm off for a couple of hours and you guys go ahead and posts 3 pages?

Anyway, I'll take it Dextor has reached the Mareiot by now. Depending on the time, he either goes straight to Doctor Doom's room or grab some stuff from his own room.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 am

Demonu wrote:So I'm off for a couple of hours and you guys go ahead and posts 3 pages?

Anyway, I'll take it Dextor has reached the Mareiot by now. Depending on the time, he either goes straight to Doctor Doom's room or grab some stuff from his own room.

As far as Dextor knows, he has time to grab a couple of things just time-wise. However, he's also aware that there's a possibility that his teammates may be coming back any moment.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:12 am

Demonu wrote:So I'm off for a couple of hours and you guys go ahead and posts 3 pages?

As far as Dextor knows, he has time to grab a couple of things just time-wise. However, he's also aware that there's a possibility that his teammates may be coming back any moment.
Yeah, going to meta-game here a bit because I know they are occupied somewhere else. But still

Dextor, suddenly being very paranoid, looks back out the door, turns his head a couple of times and after making sure that no one familiar is coming, heads back inside and goes over to Doctor Doom's room.

Perception check? [16 + 7 Perception = 23]
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:19 am

Demonu wrote:

Yeah, going to meta-game here a bit because I know they are occupied somewhere else. But still

Dextor, suddenly being very paranoid, looks back out the door, turns his head a couple of times and after making sure that no one familiar is coming, heads back inside and goes over to Doctor Doom's room.

Perception check? [16 + 7 Perception = 23]

Doom's door is open, with Doom himself standing at the head of a large black rectangular metal table. He's deliberately and obviously ignoring everypony else in the room.

The black pony you encountered earlier is sitting in the corner, eyes glowing with green magic. "...good to know," she says as you enter, unaware of Dextor's presence even though she's looking in his general direction.

In addition, several thuggish-looking ponies are waiting for the meeting to start. All of them are fairly nondescript, if bulky-looking.

The room itself is sparce except for the typical bed and dresser, the table, and a closet door off to the right.

Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:23 am

Dextor walks in, looking like he fits in and totally doesn't look like baby dragon walking into the wrong place at the wrong time. He plants himself next to the black earth mare, trying desperately not to stare too much at her.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:23 am

Blackhawk tilted his head sideways slightly.

"Are they...talkin' to that cat?" He shook his head. "First the zebra forms a bond with every roach in a mile radius and now we're doin' the confrontation thing with some sort of alley cat. Why not?"

Sarcastic musings set aside for the moment, the hippogriff lazily swooped down to a nearby rooftop, attempting to listen in.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:25 am

((You guys have A+ in my book, disregard what Kal thinks.))
((+4 Superiority Complex))
You know what? To Tartarus with this. I don't even know why I'm here! I should've just ignored that letter. What would they have done, arrested me for not joining a group that they deny existing? But noooo, I had to agree, and I got stuck with this group of imbeciles, and then the group ignores my advice, the person of the team because of stealth, that we seem indiscreet. Yeah, no let's just ramble on into town Daring Do style, I'm sure it'll work out perfectly fine! Then! Then! I got stuck palling around with this nitwit, who decides that while in a tunnel and attempting to move quietly instead trips and falls!
((-9 Explosion of Anger))
Kal's expression shifts to one of irrevocable rage. "AND I WILL BE DAMNED IF I LET SOME TWO BIT INVESTIGATOR BE THE END OF ME!" He then begins throwing his body weight around blindly, trying to hit anything and anyone he can.

((...so...anyway...how are we doing these rolls. Because there are a lot of dice about to be rolled. Target dice for random creature (unless you have some other method), 2d10 for each attack, plus a couple of Derpy's Lightning 10 proc's. Because I'm guaranteed some 10's when rolling 18d10.))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:31 am

"Miss Meow," says the cat sarcastically. "How transparent. Maybe you are a Day Soldier after all."

"My game must be off. Nevertheless, its only a matter of time before we find the rest. I'm assuming it involves a certain pony new in town. Maybe a certain unicorn?"

OOC:Not using OOC knowledge. The gray unicorn stands out, and is the only pony unaccounted for in all this. Yes, Cheese is making a big leap here, but he'll either look like a fool or confirm his suspicions, and Cheese is no stranger to looking like a fool. OTOH, he could just be cold reading again. He's not offering any specifics here nor is he offering any sort of timetable as to when this new pony arrived in town.

OOC:Arcane check to see what the spell is on Miss Meow. Is it shapeshifting, or is it possession?
1d20+11
6+11 = 17

OOC:Perception check to see how Miss Meow reacts to when he says "a certain pony new in town."
1d20+14
9+14 = 23
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:54 am

Demonu wrote:Dextor walks in, looking like he fits in and totally doesn't look like baby dragon walking into the wrong place at the wrong time. He plants himself next to the black earth mare, trying desperately not to stare too much at her.

The black earth pony doesn't even seem to notice Dextor, saying "Nice try, but no cigar, hippogriff. You'll have to do better than that to sneak up on me."

The other ponies sneer at Dextor, though. "Look who thinks he's so tough, coming inta this meeting fer the big boys." The speaker chuckles roughly. "Are ya even old enough ta be outta the house, little baby?" The other ponies laugh as if on cue.

As they taunt Dextor, a few other ponies begin filtering into the room, including one unicorn in a green Hazmat suit, one brown earth pony in a red suit of weird-looking armor that covers his Cutie Mark, and a really bulky-looking earth pony, dark green in color with a darker green mane, with a Cutie Mark of some sort of bright green energy.

The black pony laughs arrogantly, but with a hint of insecurity. "You just keep thinking you know what you're talking about. It makes things much easier for us."

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk tilted his head sideways slightly.

"Are they...talkin' to that cat?" He shook his head. "First the zebra forms a bond with every roach in a mile radius and now we're doin' the confrontation thing with some sort of alley cat. Why not?"

Sarcastic musings set aside for the moment, the hippogriff lazily swooped down to a nearby rooftop, attempting to listen in.

Spoiler:

Blackhawk doesn't notice anypony coming nearby, save for the occasional cockroach. In addition, he notices that the cat's fur doesn't look like real fur, just a clever substitute.

The cat smirks and looks up, saying, "Nice try, but no cigar, hippogriff. You'll have to do better than that to sneak up on me."

Cardbo wrote:

"My game must be off. Nevertheless, its only a matter of time before we find the rest. I'm assuming it involves a certain pony new in town. Maybe a certain unicorn?"

OOC:Not using OOC knowledge. The gray unicorn stands out, and is the only pony unaccounted for in all this. Yes, Cheese is making a big leap here, but he'll either look like a fool or confirm his suspicions, and Cheese is no stranger to looking like a fool. OTOH, he could just be cold reading again. He's not offering any specifics here nor is he offering any sort of timetable as to when this new pony arrived in town.

OOC:Arcane check to see what the spell is on Miss Meow. Is it shapeshifting, or is it possession?
1d20+11
6+11 = 17

OOC:Perception check to see how Miss Meow reacts to when he says "a certain pony new in town."
1d20+14
9+14 = 23

Cheese isn't entirely sure, but the spell looks more like a speech transference spell with a couple of other elements involved.

The cat laughs arrogantly, but with a hint of insecurity. "You just keep thinking you know what you're talking about. It makes things much easier for us."

Quietkal wrote:((You guys have A+ in my book, disregard what Kal thinks.))
((+4 Superiority Complex))
You know what? To Tartarus with this. I don't even know why I'm here! I should've just ignored that letter. What would they have done, arrested me for not joining a group that they deny existing? But noooo, I had to agree, and I got stuck with this group of imbeciles, and then the group ignores my advice, the person of the team because of stealth, that we seem indiscreet. Yeah, no let's just ramble on into town Daring Do style, I'm sure it'll work out perfectly fine! Then! Then! I got stuck palling around with this nitwit, who decides that while in a tunnel and attempting to move quietly instead trips and falls!
((-9 Explosion of Anger))
Kal's expression shifts to one of irrevocable rage. "AND I WILL BE DAMNED IF I LET SOME TWO BIT INVESTIGATOR BE THE END OF ME!" He then begins throwing his body weight around blindly, trying to hit anything and anyone he can.

((...so...anyway...how are we doing these rolls. Because there are a lot of dice about to be rolled. Target dice for random creature (unless you have some other method), 2d10 for each attack, plus a couple of Derpy's Lightning 10 proc's. Because I'm guaranteed some 10's when rolling 18d10.))

[I just did all the calculations for you. Very Happy]

Kal’s wild flailing knocks Looker into a wall, immediately knocking him unconscious. Additionally, Kal smacks into the other two again and again, until he runs out of energy and has to rest. (Stun from Superiority Complex is now in effect.)

The duo pick themselves up, groaning. “Man,” moans the yellow one, who looks far weaker than his partner. “Th’ guy’s tough.” He attempts to charge, but trips and falls.

The white one growls angrily. He’s not in ideal shape himself, but is obviously doing better than his partner. “He’s goin’ down!” Charging at Kal, he delivers another punch, knocking Kal into a wall (6 damage). The yellow pony, having recovered from his fall, follows up by headbutting Kal into the wall again (6 damage).
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:56 am

((Turn 3: Stun saved?
1d20+0
2+0 = 2
Not even close.))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:59 am

Quietkal wrote:((Turn 3: Stun saved?
1d20+0
2+0 = 2
Not even close.))

The white pony punchs Kal again (2 damage), then backs off to let the yellow one headbut Kal again (1 damage). You have to say this much for them, they're consistent.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:02 am

((I don't think I can even say that though my stun.))
((9 hitpoints))
((Stun saved?
1d20+0
2+0 = 2
-.-\\ okay then, dice roller.))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:43 am

The cat laughs arrogantly, but with a hint of insecurity. "You just keep thinking you know what you're talking about. It makes things much easier for us."

"You're not sounding as confident as you did earlier. So he is involved. Well that narrows things down. Blackhawk grab the kitty. Make sure she doesn't get away, but try not to hurt her."

Cheese himself is going to assist with the capture.

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:11 am

Blackhawk, despite everything, wasted a split-second in a salute before leaping from the roof in a sharp daredevil's dive. Claws withdrawn as much as possible, he stretched out his front appendages, aiming for the falsecat...

Spoiler:

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:03 am

Quietkal wrote:((I don't think I can even say that though my stun.))
((9 hitpoints))
((Stun saved?
1d20+0
2+0 = 2
-.-\\ okay then, dice roller.))

[Yeesh, that's not happy.]

The white one, for a change of pace, picks Kal up and tosses him into the other wall (10 damage), where Kal falls next to Looker, struggling to keep his eyes open.

"Heh heh, we got 'im good."

"Grab the pony, I'll take the griffin. We need to take 'em to Wrecker. Heh, maybe we'll get a raise after this."

Kal feels the white pony, with some effort, pick him up, just before he slips into blissful unconsciousness.

[I'll try to get you awake as soon as is reasonable, Kal. You're only at -1, so it shouldn't take horribly long.]

Cardbo wrote:

"You're not sounding as confident as you did earlier. So he is involved. Well that narrows things down. Blackhawk grab the kitty. Make sure she doesn't get away, but try not to hurt her."

Cheese himself is going to assist with the capture.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk, despite everything, wasted a split-second in a salute before leaping from the roof in a sharp daredevil's dive. Claws withdrawn as much as possible, he stretched out his front appendages, aiming for the falsecat...

Spoiler:

Blackhawk catches the cat, but I'm still waiting to see Cheese's skill check on the assist.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 am

Blackhawk catches the cat, but I'm still waiting to see Cheese's skill check on the assist.

OOC:Roll to assist in restraining the cat.
1d20+6
9+6 = 15
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:29 am

Cardbo wrote:

OOC:Roll to assist in restraining the cat.
1d20+6
9+6 = 15

With some difficulty, Blackhawk and Cheese manage to restrain the cat.

The cat's eyes flash again. In a different, more jerky voice, the cat says, "Initiating self-destruct in ten. Nine..."

At Doom's meeting room, the glow on the black pony's eyes fade. and she seems to be aware of her surroundings again. Nonetheless, she doesn't spare more than a wink for Dextor before turning to Doom and bowing before him.

"Speak," he commands coldly, and everypony in the room shuts up.

"Milord, Espionage Drone 3120 has been captured and is currently self-terminating. I believe they are Night Agents, although... they were not pursuing you specifically. I fear that, in my incompetence, I may have indicated your hoof in these matters."

"Fool," Doom replies contemptuously. "You should have terminated the drone as soon as you knew your cover was blown. Nonetheless... your blunder may not yet cost all, and you are typically more capable than this. Consider your life spared..." He leans in. "But should you fail me again, words will not be adequate to describe the agony you will face for your failure." He straightens up and turns around, indicating that the conversation is over.

"You are great and merciful, Lord Doom," the black pony says as she bows again.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:38 am

"Blackhawk, get that as far away as possible!" quickly shouted Zebulon, who until now was carefully taking notes.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:58 am

"Not good. Blackhawk how good's your throwing arm? Can you throw straight up?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down