Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 30 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:16 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Several of the ponies drifted away, save for one little filly who had picked up and hugged the kitten, apparently oblivious to the kitten's attempts to wriggle free and/or scratch her. "So cuuuute!"

"MROW!" protested the kitten.
Zebulon had no idea where the cat came from. It could be carrying diseases, and that little filly wasn't going to get sick on his watch.

"Could you let my cat go so I'll hold her? She's very shy around strange ponyfolk."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:20 am

Quietkal wrote:Vague enough that it could just casual banter between 2 ponies late for work, or also plans for something more sinister. I suppose it's possible that the vigilante is actually a collaboration of various ponies trying to clean up their town in the only way they know how. They'd display some signs of hostility towards the sheriff if so, or at least call him incompetent. Eh, speculation for now, I'll need to get some concrete evidence before I call anyone out though.
Kal circles in the air and waits for Looker to start moving inside, then glides down to join him.

"Ah! You found me! Your detective skills are improving, no doubt as a result of my tutelage!" Looker whispered to Kal. "But enough about me, our quarry moves further away by the second!" With that, Looker trots into the mines which, from what Kal can see from here, are dark but straightforward, moving only in one direction.

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Several of the ponies drifted away, save for one little filly who had picked up and hugged the kitten, apparently oblivious to the kitten's attempts to wriggle free and/or scratch her. "So cuuuute!"

"MROW!" protested the kitten.
Zebulon had no idea where the cat came from. It could be carrying diseases, and that little filly wasn't going to get sick on his watch.

"Could you let my cat go so I'll hold her? She's very shy around strange ponyfolk."

"Aaahhhh." The filly pouts in an impossibly cute manner, but puts the kitten down. The feline promptly gives the filly a dirty look and begins to wash itself.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:26 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

"Aaahhhh." The filly pouts in an impossibly cute manner, but puts the kitten down. The feline promptly gives the filly a dirty look and begins to wash itself.

"Don't worry. Its just had a rough day."

OOC:Perception Check. Is that cat male or female?
Roll(1d20)+14:
2,+14
Total:16
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:29 am

Cardbo wrote:

"Don't worry. Its just had a rough day."

OOC:Perception Check. Is that cat male or female?
Roll(1d20)+14:
2,+14
Total:16

You can't make out any distinguishing gender features of the kitten.

"Bubbles! Get over here!" calls a male earth pony. The filly reluctantly runs over to her father, who proceeds to usher her inside.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:32 am

((Yeah, I'm gonna say that's not a cat.))
"Ah! You found me! Your detective skills are improving, no doubt as a result of my tutelage!" Looker whispered to Kal. "But enough about me, our quarry moves further away by the second!" With that, Looker trots into the mines which, from what Kal can see from here, are dark but straightforward, moving only in one direction.
Yes, that's where I got my skills. From waiting for you to eat dinner.
Kal just nods and follows Looker silently, looking into the darkness for...well for anything.
Spoiler:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:34 am

Cheese starts heading off to the Mareiot.

As he walks along he whispers to Zebulon.

"I think that kitten is a spy."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:34 am

"I figured that out a long time ago," whispered Zebulon back.

My Masters of Evil/Wrecking Crew knowledge is rusty, so I'm pretty sure that it's a shapeshifter but have no idea who.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:39 am

Quietkal wrote:((Yeah, I'm gonna say that's not a cat.))
Yes, that's where I got my skills. From waiting for you to eat dinner.
Kal just nods and follows Looker silently, looking into the darkness for...well for anything.
Spoiler:

Kal , with some effort, can tell that the tunnel really does just go straight for a long period of time. Unfortunately, in his concentration of what lay ahead, he neglected to look down; he trips over a rock and falls right onto Looker, who lets out a loud, echoing curse word as he falls.

"'Ey, didju 'ear somet'in'?"

"Yup. I t'ink we been followed."

The sound of hoofsteps coming towards the duo can be heard.

Cardbo wrote:Cheese starts heading off to the Mareiot.

As he walks along he whispers to Zebulon.

"I think that kitten is a spy."

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"I figured that out a long time ago," whispered Zebulon back.

My Masters of Evil/Wrecking Crew knowledge is rusty, so I'm pretty sure that it's a shapeshifter but have no idea who.

"Mrow," the kitten says indignantly as it follows them, giving them a "I'm right here" look.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:40 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"I figured that out a long time ago," whispered Zebulon back.

Cheese grins. He whispers back. "See. This is what I pay you for. Still, want to lead it down a dark alley and confront it?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:42 am

Zebulon nods and suddenly changes direction, heading into the nearest alley.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:43 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon nods and suddenly changes direction, heading into the nearest alley.

The kitten follows, although it's sure to stay out of easy reach of either of the two.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:46 am

"Are you sure this is where the Mareiot is?"

OOC:If Zeb turns around he gives him a wink to play along.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 am

Zeb turns and sees Cheese wink.

"Trust me, I am a doctor and quite wise."

Zeb winks back. He's wearing tinted glasses, so the effect doesn't quite work. Still, he moves along further into the alleys of Dodge.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:54 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zeb turns and sees Cheese wink.

"Trust me, I am a doctor and quite wise."

Zeb winks back. He's wearing tinted glasses, so the effect doesn't quite work. Still, he moves along further into the alleys of Dodge.

The cat continues to follow, although it has a "You really think I'm falling for this?" look on its face.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:58 am

((-.-// failed that hard on an 18. okie doke then.))
Butts. And I can't exactly just run off on Looker. Well, I could.
Kal just mutters, "I...uh...whoops?" and waits to see what Looker does.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:02 am

OOC:Cheese looks around for a place where he can confront the kitten, but it would be difficult for the kitten to escape from.
Perception.
Roll(1d20)+9:
19,+9
Total:28
Edit: Nice. A critical.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:07 am

Quietkal wrote:((-.-// failed that hard on an 18. okie doke then.))
Butts. And I can't exactly just run off on Looker. Well, I could.
Kal just mutters, "I...uh...whoops?" and waits to see what Looker does.

[18? I saw a 9. Perhaps you should switch to a different random number generator... one that isn't changing every time somepony looks at it. I use this one. http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20dicebag/]

"Even a master detective knows when stealth has failed," Looker mutters as he untangles himself from Kal. "We shall have to confront them."

"Heh. Good luck with that."

The duo step out into clear visibility: one yellow with a gray mane and a medieval helmet Cutie Mark, the other white with a red mane and a Cutie Mark of a thrown punch. Both really mean-looking, burly earth ponies.

"Please tell me we can kill 'em," says the yellow one with a nasty grin.

The white one sighs. "Boss said we have to take 'em alive." He grins a second nasty grin. "We do get to rough 'em up, though."

"Heheheh," the yellow one chuckles.

Cardbo wrote:OOC:Cheese looks around for a place where he can confront the kitten, but it would be difficult for the kitten to escape from.
Perception.
Roll(1d20)+9:
19,+9
Total:28
Edit: Nice. A critical.

Cheese notices an alley that loops around pretty quickly and could get one of the duo behind the kitten for confrontation.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:14 am

((3 things.
1: going to that link caused to suffer from the trap "ERROR", and I took 404 damage from it. I'm pretty sure that kills me like, 40 times over.
2: I rolled a 8 I think 7 and an 18, at least that's what it shows me, and then I had +11 from stuffs. I was just surprised because that seemed like something that would only occur from a crit failure or a similarly low roll.
3: initiative rolls tiem?))

Last edited by Quietkal on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix'd dice rolls)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 am

Cheese notices an alley that loops around pretty quickly and could get one of the duo behind the kitten for confrontation.

"Wait, I think it might be in this direction. Wait here, let me check it out."

He heads down the alley and double backs around.

OOC: At this point can he just comfront the cat?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:21 am

Quietkal wrote:((3 things.
1: going to that link caused to suffer from the trap "ERROR", and I took 404 damage from it. I'm pretty sure that kills me like, 40 times over.
2: I rolled a 8 I think 7 and an 18, at least that's what it shows me, and then I had +11 from stuffs. I was just surprised because that seemed like something that would only occur from a crit failure or a similarly low roll.
3: initiative rolls tiem?))

[1. Are you being serious? I can't tell.

2. You rolled low on Stealth, not on... wait... +11? ...Derp. My bad. That said, retconning it is more work than I think it's worth.

3. Either roll for initiative or try to run. Take your pick.]

Cardbo wrote:

"Wait, I think it might be in this direction. Wait here, let me check it out."

He heads down the alley and double backs around.

OOC: At this point can he just comfront the cat?

[Yes.]

The kitten appears to suspect something, looking around for Cheese, only to find Cheese standing behind it. "Hssss!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:23 am

Cheese addresses the kitten. "Don't you think its time to end this silly charade?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 am

((I think the d20srd site is weird, and enjoys making references to Error 404: File not Found. I can make my way to the area you tried to link from the main page.))
((I want this combat to happen. I want it to happen so bad.))
((Initiative:
d20+0
19+0 = 19))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:30 am

Blackhawk saw the sudden rush-in of the crowd, of course- how could one miss it? To see what they were swarming was a tad more difficult.

Spoiler:

[OOC: The rest of this post assumes that was a high enough roll. If it turns out it wasn't, ignore this - I'll be editing it out later anyway.]

"Heh. Looks like my team's gone and gotten themselves some fans before I did!" Blackhawk chuckled slightly, content with the knowledge nopony could hear him. He sighed. "Welp, that was a big ol' waste of time. No vig in sight, and...hey, wait a tick." Eagle eyes squinted down on the scene as Zebulon and Cheese Wheel began walking away. "Where the hay is Dextor?! AGAIN?!"

Barely reigning in a roar of rage, the feathered friend floated, fuming. "Ooooh, I swear the next time I see that scaly little troublemaker I'm gonna...hold yer horses?" Another squint. Cheese Wheel looked to be...signalling. "Huh. Guess he wants me to follow him." And so that is what Blackhawk did.

A couple agonizing minutes passed in which the attentionless Blackhawk could find no suitable distraction for himself except for the occasional fantasy of what he was "gonna do to a certain firebreathing pest", and then just as suddenly, something else happened. "Wait wait wait wait hold on," the hippogriff stopped, gaping, before bringing his right talon sharply to his forehead (more dangerous than it sounds when one has claws on their hands). "Did they just walk down a friggin' dark alley in the middle of the night? I don't care how many eyes you got in the sky or how fast they are or how many vigilantes yer tryin' to attract, that's a pretty birdbrained idea right there! Why do my teammates keep insistin' on puttin' themselves right in the middle of danger, ALONE?!"

Still, with a grumble, Blackhawk sat in place, a remarkable feat considering the lack of chairs a few hundred feet in the sky. And in that position he carefully watched the alleyway, waiting for anything interesting to happen one way or the other. And it was starting to look like something was about to...
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:41 am

Cardbo wrote:Cheese addresses the kitten. "Don't you think its time to end this silly charade?"

The kitten's eyes flash with magic, which quickly fades. The kitten then begins to speak with a female voice. "So. Somepony other than that dratted vigilante discovered something suspicious around here. So, who are you then? One the one hand, you're stupid enough to just waltz into town as a bunch of mismatched creatures, so you might be Day Soldiers. On the other hand, you figured me out, so you might just be smart enough to be Night Agents." The cat smirks. "I doubt that you're Love Troopers, though. Cadance has more pressing worries back in Canterlot, I hear."

Quietkal wrote:((I think the d20srd site is weird, and enjoys making references to Error 404: File not Found. I can make my way to the area you tried to link from the main page.))
((I want this combat to happen. I want it to happen so bad.))
((Initiative:
d20+0
19+0 = 19))

Before either of the two earth ponies can react, Looker rushes in and punches the white one, although it doesn't seem to have any effect.

The white one smirks. "That all you got?"

[Kal's up.]

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk saw the sudden rush-in of the crowd, of course- how could one miss it? To see what they were swarming was a tad more difficult.

Spoiler:

[OOC: The rest of this post assumes that was a high enough roll. If it turns out it wasn't, ignore this - I'll be editing it out later anyway.]

[Blackhawk rolled high enough.]

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:49 am

The kitten's eyes flash with magic, which quickly fades. The kitten then begins to speak with a female voice. "So. Somepony other than that dratted vigilante discovered something suspicious around here. So, who are you then? One the one hand, you're stupid enough to just waltz into town as a bunch of mismatched creatures, so you might be Day Soldiers. On the other hand, you figured me out, so you might just be smart enough to be Night Agents." The cat smirks. "I doubt that you're Love Troopers, though. Cadance has more pressing worries back in Canterlot, I hear."

"It wasn't hard. I doubt even the Day Soldiers would've had trouble piercing your disguise."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next