Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xel Unknown Trait Ideas

4 posters

Go down

Xel Unknown Trait Ideas Empty Xel Unknown Trait Ideas

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Look down to the second post, this stuff is my first ideas.
I was thinking up a High Risk, High Reward traits and these where the three I could think up:

Risky Reward
The Special Ability also triggers when you roll a 7, 9, or 11 on a d8, d10, or d12... But if you roll a 1 on any talent your combat talent does nothing and you still pay the PiP cost for the talent.

(This Trait is it balanced? I think it is... But I always second guess my own stuff, given how new I am to this stuff.)

Talented Derping
When you roll a 1 on a d8, d10, or d12, you may trigger your Special at the cost of also gaining either; 1d4 vulnerability for the rest of the combat, 4 ongoing damage for next five rounds, or 3d6 self-damage.

(This skill, I think I might've made it too harming for getting to trigger the Special... But if anyone thinks it's fair, I'd love to hear you.)

Worth the Risk
You can only take four combat talents into battle, but at the start of each of your turns, flip 2 coins, for each head, you may use one talent. If you get two tails, you must spend two pips to be able to use a combat talent.

(Not sure what to think of this talent. Options needed...)

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Xel Unknown Trait Ideas Empty Re: Xel Unknown Trait Ideas

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:02 pm

How exactly is Talented Derping's secondary effect determined?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:18 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:How exactly is Talented Derping's secondary effect determined?
Now that I think about it... I'm not sure, I was at first thinking you choose it. But now... *shurgs*
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:33 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:How exactly is Talented Derping's secondary effect determined?
Now that I think about it... I'm not sure, I was at first thinking you choose it. But now... *shurgs*
nat1 on a 1d8- 1d4 vulnerability
nat1 on a 1d10- the ongoing damage
nat1 on a 1d12- the self damage?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:07 am

Its hard to judge them. I think they're balanced, but I personally wouldn't use them. They're too random, as they swing being between being very good and very bad, depending on the dice roll. Usually, when you've got trade-off abilities, when you get something bad in exchange for something good, the bad is something you can plan around and compensate for, either with another ability, or your teammate's ability. Risky Reward and Worth The Risk don't do this. Talented Derping has merit, though you may want to lower the 1D12 self-damage. Maybe 1d8 or 1d10 would do the trick.

Going to borrow from LoganAura here

Talented Derping
When you roll a 1 on a d8, d10, or d12, you may trigger your Special at the cost of also gaining the following.
nat1 on a 1d8- 1d4 vulnerability
nat1 on a 1d10- the ongoing damage
nat1 on a 1d12- the self damage?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:01 am

Thanks for your advice Cardbo and Logan... I'll think again on what else to add to them to cover their downsides...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:03 pm

I've rethought these traits, lets see what you all think. I not sure if they're still "High Risk, High Reward" skills, but I think they're better as a whole now.

Risky Reward
The Special Ability also triggers when you roll a 7, 9, or 11 on a d8, d10, or d12... But if you roll a 1 on any [-X] pip talents your combat talent does nothing and you pay no pip costs.

Talented Derping
When you roll a 1 on a d8, d10, or d12, you may trigger your Special at the cost of paying two extra pips. If you lack the two pips needed, one or two allies may spend one pip each to help trigger the Special.

Worth the Risk
At the start of your turn, you roll 2d4s. If you get a 1, you lose your turn but gain one free pip. If you get two 1s, you gain two free pips, but lose two turns. If you get both a 1 and a 4, you only gain one free pip and do your turn as normal. If you get a 4, you may use an extra combat move. If you get two 4s, you may use three talents on your turn. Anything else doesn't have any effect.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I've rethought these traits, lets see what you all think. I not sure if they're still "High Risk, High Reward" skills, but I think they're better as a whole now.

Risky Reward
The Special Ability also triggers when you roll a 7, 9, or 11 on a d8, d10, or d12... But if you roll a 1 on any [-X] pip talents your combat talent does nothing and you pay no pip costs. But if an ally spends half of the pips needed (rounding down) for the combat talent in question, then you may reroll the talents effects and rolling a 1 a second time has no effect, you also do still pay the pip cost as normal.

Talented Derping
When you roll a 1 on a d8, d10, or d12, you may trigger your Special at the cost of paying two extra pips. An ally may spend one pip to trigger the Special.

Worth the Risk
At the start of your turn, you roll 2d4s. If you get a 1, you lose your turn but gain one free pip. If you get two 1s, you gain two free pips, but lose one turn and are stunned. If you get both a 1 and a 4, you only gain one free pip and do your turn as normal. If you get a 4, you may use an extra combat move. If you get two 4s, you may use three talents on your turn. Anything else doesn't have any effect.

Talented Derping looks good. but why does an Ally only need to pay 1 pip to activate the special? I'm personally divided about this. There's not many reasons why an ally wouldn't pay to activate a special, but then again you might be in situation where an ally doesn't have any pips at the moment.

Worth The Risk is looking better, but a stun may be too harsh for getting 2 ones. Risky Reward looks a little complicated. How about this?

Risky Reward
The Special Ability also triggers when you roll a 7, 9, or 11 on a d8, d10, or d12... But if you roll a 1 on any [-X] pip talents your combat talent does nothing and you pay no pip costs.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Well for me and how I see the PiP system is that if you have your own plan you might need that one pip for something big you're wanting to do. Or something like that. Wasn't totally sure about that myself. I do like your slimplived version of Risky Reward. It makes sense to me... Also I did edit the earlier post with hopefully better stats, and put your version of Risky Reward up there too. So the ally pip spending only happens if you are at 1 or 0 pips when you roll a one.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:31 am

Inspired by some traits suggested by Carbo
Reposted here form Cardbo's traits...

Tough Body
While bloodied gain 1 resistance

Armor-like Hide
Prereq: Tough Body
While bloodied gain 2 resistance

MADE OF IRON
Prereq: Armor-like Hide
While bloodied gain 3 resistance

Stamina
Start of battle gain 5 Temp HP

High Stamina
Prereq: Stamina
Start of battle gain 10 Temp HP

Endless Stamina
Prereq: High Stamina
Start of battle gain 15 Temp HP
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:10 am

Not sure of how great the wording of this one, but the idea of it is quite cool I'd say.

Overhealed
Temp-HP heals you, but if you are healed over your max you gain Temp-HP equal to. This Temp-HP can stack upto 15 and at the start of your turn with Temp-HP you lose one Temp each turn.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:25 am

Azureink wrote:Toughness
At the start of battle, you gain 4 Temp HP. While Bloodied you also gain Resist 2.

Very Tough
Prereq: Tough
At the start of battle, you gain 8 Temp HP. While Bloodied you also gain Resist 3.

Made Of Iron
Prereq: Very Tough
At the start of battle, you gain 12 Temp HP. While Bloodied you also gain Resist 4.
Suggested upgrade to this trait line...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down