Playing in the Sandbox

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Sun May 19, 2013 5:29 am

Maihime's summoned creatures (re?)slay the last two Withered and the party notices then that Uhiya and Thag have apparently just been standing a bit away watching them for a few moments. Maihime and Tethe realize they're sweating perhaps a bit too much even for this amount of exertion and are beginning to feel a bit feverish and the places they got bitten quickly become painful and soon after numb, with this sensation slowly spreading.


Fight is over. Maihime and Tethe need to make Endurance checks.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Dr Blight on Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 am

"hah...!" Maihime drops to her knees for a moment once it looks like combat is done and her summons both fade away, fanning herself quickly to get some air as she inspects the wound. Tethe for her part simply slumps a little in her saddle. "I don't feel too good..."

rolls:
13(roll)+8(endurance)=21 for Maihime
10(roll)+13(endurance)=23 for Tethe

15(roll)+12(heal)=27 for Maihime to identify what's going on.


Last edited by Dr Blight on Sun May 19, 2013 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Sun May 19, 2013 5:50 am

Maihime and Tethe begin to feel extremely thirsty and of course are in a good deal of pain, however, they both remain conscious for now. Maihime examines the wounds and sees that they have been blackened and that the veins nearby carry this blackness as well. She can tell it's some sort of necrotic contagion and has a rough idea of how to treat it but, it's not a sure thing and she knows she and Tethe won't likely be shrugging it off in a day or two.


Heal rolls can be made. One for each of them. No magic points here but, people can make aid rolls.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Dr Blight on Sun May 19, 2013 6:55 am

Maihime hovers a hand first over Tethe's wound and it glows with magic as she concentrates. The magical light flows into the blackening bites and Tethe immediately slumps over dead. The sudden weight on the reins causing her raptor to squawk and start running around in circles until it eventually gets dizzy and falls over. Maihime stares quietly for a long moment. "......Well... I guess now I know what not to do...." Before she brings her hand to hover over her own injury and lights up again, with far better results this time.

healing rolls:
1+12=13 on Tethe. ...seriously.
16+12=28 on Maihime.
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Lyntermas on Sun May 19, 2013 3:42 pm

"Blasted zombies. It's not enough that they're dead, they have to try and bring everyone else with them." Skaimos went over and tried to...salvage Tethe from whatever Mahime had done to her.

Healing Assist for Tethe:
15(1d20) + 9 = 24
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Sun May 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Unfortunately, Skaimos quickly realizes that Tethe is quite dead.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Lyntermas on Sun May 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Skaimos's expression turned to horror as he realized that Tethe was not only unconscious, but that she had no pulse. "Tethe-san? TETHE-SAN! NOT YOU TOO!" Tears started to come to his eyes, but he forced himself to wipe them away and try and help Mahime's infection. "I'm not losing any more. I'M NOT LOSING ANY MORE AGAIN!"

Healing assist for Mahime:
13(1d20) + 9 = 22
avatar
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Sun May 19, 2013 5:47 pm

The two stop the infection from spreading through Maihime but, the already blackened parts have already become necrotic and will require further treatment over the next few days to prevent it from poisoning the rest of her body and for her body to repair.

When they're finished, Thag comes over and asks, "So she's really....?" At the same time, you see Mykaila running over.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Caden2112 on Sun May 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Toku looked at the others, realizing how much they were panicing...The Dragonborn really had died, then...A pity...He had liked her...But there was nothing they could really do for her now if she was truly beyond this world...All that was left was to make sure her body would no longer harm anyone else...He walked to her raptor, trying to pull her off of it and lie her on the ground in a dignified posistion, none of this 'splayed out or huddled over' crud...She deserved that much...Lying on the ground, arms crossed over her chest, eyes closed...That was the accepted one..."I didn't know you for long, but this world is a poorer place for your passing...May the Raven Queen take you under her wings, that your passage to the next world be safe and swift, and your body kept safe from the ravages of undeath..." He spoke quietly, but with confidence, trying to give a blessing to her soul...After a moment, he stood up, sighing a bit and looking at the others...Death awaited all in the end, though he would have preferred her time to have been later rather than sooner...Perhaps it was all part of a plan. At least, that was what he told himself.
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun May 19, 2013 9:44 pm

The Pixie just cries... She wasn't happy to see yet another ally die so soon...
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Sun May 19, 2013 9:45 pm

When Mykaila gets close enough to realize what's happened, she joins the pixie in crying.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Dr Blight on Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Maihime inspects her blackened arm before looking up at the goings on around Tethe, her expression stoney. She puts one of her fans away and focuses on the other, slowly raising it and Tethe along with it. "That's enough of that Toku. She'll be buried properly in town, even if I have to spend every waking moment using my powers to try to preserve her till we get there. This... nowhere... will not be her final resting place." She says followed with a quick click of her tongue, Tethe's raptor sitting up and following after her as she walks towards the caravan. Tethe's body levitating close behind.

arcana:
14+17=31 to levitate Tethe.
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Caden2112 on Sun May 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Toku glanced around for a moment, narrowing his eyes...He had a bad feeling in his bones...He wasn't the most religious sort, but...He hadn't said anything -that- blasphemous, had he? Maybe his nerves were just getting to him...He hadn't been too far from suffering Tethe's fate himself, perhaps it was just him still being on high alert...Still, he couldn't shake the feeling of unease, though he eventually looked at Maihime for a moment, nodding. "If you say so...I will warn you, though, if she becomes...one of those things, I will not give her the chance to take anyone else. But I will respect your decision Maihime-san...Just...Do not overexert yourself, you are clearly in poor condition yourself..." He thought for a moment, looking around again.

Perception Paranoia:

Looking around for...Really anything particularly unusual. Paranoid kobold is paranoid.
1d20+10 = 18+10 = 28
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Sun May 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Toku spots a very upset Tiefling, pixie, and thri-kreen child as well as several dismayed members of a caravan, a bunch of re-dead zombies, and a floating corpse. Otherwise there's not much to see except for sand, the raptors and lizards, and in the distance the sea.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus on Sun May 19, 2013 10:43 pm

After levitating Tethe's corpse into one of the wagons and performing an enchantment to preserve the body, Maihime practically collapses as she goes to sleep. The others spend the rest of the day traveling in morose silence.

As Toku keeps watch in the darkest hours, he hears some small noises in the wagon followed by a muffled thud and he thinks someone cursing and then Tethe's corpse lurches out of the wagon heading straight for him.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 32
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Caden2112 on Sun May 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Boring...Night watches were almost invariably boring, but it gave him time to tweak his golem a moment...At the thud, however, he snapped to full attention, looking over at the wagon as Tethe climbed out of it. "Oh, no...No, no, no..." He muttered, shaking his head and preparing himself, getting ready to dodge if it attacked..."Tethe-san, correct? You've got one chance to prove you were simply less injured than we thought before I freeze you solid and shatter you into so many pieces they'll never put you back together, the others be damned!" he warned, speaking loudly and clearly, moving to the side as he spoke to determine if she was approaching him in particular...If so, it'd actually work to the team's benefit...It'd give him a chance to lead her away from the others while they prepared themselves...

-------

http://ponytales.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=603
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum