Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Cardbo
elfowlgirl
Brony 7 of 9
A1C Bronymous
10 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 17 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Tweezers? Well, he had those for when a lockpick was too conspicuous. The only problem was they weren't with him - they were back at the base.

"I'll get some right away, m'am," said Dodger, heading back downstairs. "We need hot water. The patient needs glass extracted."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 am

"I... try not to drink. It hinders my performing ability. So pretty low, probably." Emerald informs Star, flinching as the act of peeling away pulls on the injuries. "I can use magic to remove some of the glass, if you press near it so I can tell where it is."

She sighs. "But if that's the case, that bottle of sunshine there probably won't be of any use, since I'd need to be conscious. For some reason I think I'd prefer to be completely gone for this next part."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Bronymous wrote:
Perception: 21
The hardwood linoleum tile floor is as white and polished as everywhere else in the hospital. few minor defects here and there, but nothing that would make a difference were one to attempt to smash through it. "Uh, hello?" You look up at the rather old Pegasus mare wathcing you from the bed. "You aren't my regular nurse..." she squints at you trying to see you better. "Are you here to clean the floors?"

"Ah..right. Sorry, I appear to be in the wrong room." Storm heads out. "Well thats a bust." He heads back down to the security room on the first floor.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 am

D, HS, JS (since you're both right there):
"Glass, huh? I'd say she definitely needs to go to the clinic, then. But if the doc wants to to that here, then sure." The Bartender runs a tap, filling up a snack bowl with hot water. "Don't forget the bandage sheets. They'll definitely need those."

SE:
Back in the security room, not much has changed. One of the doors in the connected room, though, must have been left open, as there are now three zomb-esque patients inside. One of them is looking towards you, but seems to be focusing more on the glass than what's beyond it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:06 am

Bronymous wrote:D, HS, JS (since you're both right there):
"Glass, huh? I'd say she definitely needs to go to the clinic, then. But if the doc wants to to that here, then sure." The Bartender runs a tap, filling up a snack bowl with hot water. "Don't forget the bandage sheets. They'll definitely need those."

SE:
Back in the security room, not much has changed. One of the doors in the connected room, though, must have been left open, as there are now three zomb-esque patients inside. One of them is looking towards you, but seems to be focusing more on the glass than what's beyond it.

OOC: Are there any near the door.

Storm wraps himself in his ever-present cloud and floats near the ceiling.

OOC:Do any of the patients seem to be paying any attention to him?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:30 am

"Moving her at this point will do more harm than good, especially if we're carrying her all the way to the clinic. She may have broken bones."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Storm looks around the building to see if any pony is about, and failing that to see if he can find a set of keys.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Jaquir wandered over to the bar and ordered a drink.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:27 pm

SE:
Bronymous wrote:Upon entering, you see much of the Clinic staff sitting around, waiting. A few are playing cards.
You mean like them? Among the dozen or so nurses, there are also two security guards and a janitor. Each of them carries a big jangly ring of keys. One of them mutters something incomprehensible to the another, eyeing you, to which the other responds, "go fish".

HS, JS, D:
"If you say so..." The bartender turns back to fill Jaquir's order. Meanwhile, the door to the bar opens, and the escaping pegasus continues to crawl his way out.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:38 am

Bronymous wrote:SE:
Bronymous wrote:Upon entering, you see much of the Clinic staff sitting around, waiting. A few are playing cards.
You mean like them? Among the dozen or so nurses, there are also two security guards and a janitor. Each of them carries a big jangly ring of keys. One of them mutters something incomprehensible to the another, eyeing you, to which the other responds, "go fish".

OOC:Huh. Thought these were the guys in the security room, where currently the zombies are. Anyway...

Coming into the room. "I guess there's been no word from Physical Medicine?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Jaquir took his drink, walked over to where the pegasus was crawling away, and kicked him casually in the side.

"I wouldn't try and escape if I were you. After all, the nearest doctors are just upstairs, and it's a long, long way to the hospital."
He gave an evil grin, half obscured by the long cloak. "And I will gut you like a pig if you don't stop."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
He's bluffing, actually, but the pegasus doesnt know that. Roll for persuasion if it's needed is 13 + 7 +whatever-bonuses-from-a-psychotic-looking-cloaked-figure-threatening-to-kill-you-horribly
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 am

I guess if no one has anything else to add...

SE:
"None." Said the same nurse as before. "I'm sure it's under control, but..." She looks through the window at the patients. One of them walks into a wall, pulls a 360, and walks into it again. "If you're definitely going in there, keep an eye out for him. Let him know we're waiting on him." She nods to one of the security stallions, who offers you his key ring.

J:
This pegasus is one of the better off, not really needing serious medical treatment. However, he keeps his mouth shut as you speak, eyeing your talons fearfully. Without a word, he rolls a bit, and begins crawling back inside.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 am

Dodger just waits for his requested supplies.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Bronymous wrote:I guess if no one has anything else to add...

SE:
"None." Said the same nurse as before. "I'm sure it's under control, but..." She looks through the window at the patients. One of them walks into a wall, pulls a 360, and walks into it again. "If you're definitely going in there, keep an eye out for him. Let him know we're waiting on him." She nods to one of the security stallions, who offers you his key ring.

Storm takes the offered key and folds back into his cloud "Will do." He waits for the security stallion to open the door and floats right in.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:16 am

Jaquir leaned against a wall, drinking quietly and watching the tied-up gang members. After a short while, he wondered what was taking the doctors so long. Even if they were violent kidnappers, the captives still needed basic medical attention. He asked the barkeep to watch them and climbed upstairs. "Hey, are you nearly done yet? There's a bunch of badly injured thugs out here you know."
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 pm

"I'm coming!" Star shouted to Jaquir. "But it's hard to help multiple patients at once!" She turned to Emerald. "Alright, drink the 'painkillers'. I'll try to put you at a comfortable angle, but the water might sting a little before the alcohol really kicks in. I'll wrap you up as best as you can, then help the others downstairs. Got it?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 pm

EDITED: Summation Post:

ET and SS are preparing for emergency surgery that is neither an emergency, nor is it very surgical. Dodger is standing by upstairs, while Jaquir and Smokes wait downstairs.

Storm:
You open the door and a guard quickly shuts and locks it behind you. "...cloud?" One of the ponies in the room spotted you, and is now ambling over to you, curious. He bumps into a second, who spins and looks around... but then continues to spin in a circle. "Weeee..." is all she says before coming to a dizzy stop, and almost falls over. She, too, looks at you, but doesn't move. The third pony continues to examine his reflection in the one-way mirror, oblivious.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Bronymous wrote:

Storm:
You open the door and a guard quickly shuts and locks it behind you. "...cloud?" One of the ponies in the room spotted you, and is now ambling over to you, curious. He bumps into a second, who spins and looks around... but then continues to spin in a circle. "Weeee..." is all she says before coming to a dizzy stop, and almost falls over. She, too, looks at you, but doesn't move. The third pony continues to examine his reflection in the one-way mirror, oblivious.

Storm drifts west on the cloud down the corridor. He looks left and right through the windows seeing if he catch sight of Physical Medicine.

OOC:He going to drift all the way down the corridor in order to see if he can spot Dr. Medicine. If he can't find him, he's going to head to lab.

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Emerald scowls at the sound. "Just remember, if you treat those dregs, unclean work environments can lead to so many painful and lethal complications." She comments darkly.

The unicorn grabs the drink with her ponykinesis, not trusting her own hooves with yet more glass. She chugs the drink, gasps, and falls into a coughing fit. "Ack... Keh... Ugh, that's... Worse than the glass."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

She shrugged. "Some painkillers are better, others aren't." Shooting Star moved the glass aside as she worked. She set the tin of hot water down and slowly moved both Emerald's back and her side until they were soaking in the water. While she left the unicorn there for a bit, she used the makeshift bandages to slowly bind up the worst injuries, mostly Emerald's foreleg.

((Heal: Roll(1d20)+7:
13,+7
Total:20))
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Emerald whimpered as she helped the nurse move her, but did not like trying to balance on her back like that. She wasn't a good patient, but wasn't a bad one by far either. "I'd better--" Sniff "--Not remember this..." Unfortunately, having lived amongst salt-licked drunks for many a winter, and more than an unfair share of pharmaceuticals, she knew this would not be the case. Doctor's orders, she supposed, but in a half-hour or so she probably wouldn't care. She was only beginning to feel the effects of it as the last bandaging was coming on, actually.

"I am going to feel really stupid in a bit, so I'd like to say thanks while I'm sober. Now I owe you one as well."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 pm

ET, SS:
The drink must be good for the healing process- it certainly tastes like antiseptic and rubbing alcohol, with a bit of bleach for cleaning out the insides. Knocking it back one, two, three glasses makes you sputter and cough. But when you're done heaving, you notice the pain in your body has been replaced with a warm, fuzzy feeling. Looking around, everything seems to move both slower and more quickly at the same time. You seem to feel dizzy, but aren't really sure, as you aren't nauseous. You just feel... nice. Really nice.

As Emerald thanks you, she almost instantaneously becomes visibly intoxicated. Her cheeks flush, her whole body relaxes, and her head lolls to one side as she looks around, grinning like a sheep.
Heal:20
You figure now is as good as ever to begin. Having finished wrapping her leg and soaking her back, you begin taking out the glass. Unfortunately, it's slow going. The bigger shards are more dangerous and more painful to remove, but the smaller ones are harder to get a grip on. Despite her buzz, Emerald can feel the glass as it comes out. She doesn't make any noise, but her face scrunches up in discomfort.

Finally, the process is done and the glass is out. She's still bleeding though, and the flow seems to have increased. Remembering that alcohol tends to thin the blood, you have to stop the bleeding quickly. At this point, between the intoxication, the feeling of the glass coming out, and the subsequent extra blood loss, Emerald has passed out once again.

SE:
Moving down the hall is much easier said than done. The nurse wasn't kidding when she said the patients refused to stay in their rooms. No less than 30 ponies, all seemingly zombified, are wandering back and forth in the hallway. As you try to float past, more than a few of them notice you, and begin following. As you look through the windows into patient rooms trying to find Physical Medicine, you run into a large Earth Pony Stallion who has moved to block your path. "...Tortoise... or Hare..." he growls at... well you. You don't think he's talking to you, but he's looking at you as he says it. He stares as if he expects a response.
Perception: 18
Before you can answer, you hear a small shriek from the room to your left, followed by a crumpling thud. You also note the crowd of patients coming up behind you.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Shooting Star frowned. "Oh dear." She quickly applied the rest of the bandages to the mare's injured sides. She placed both hooves on the bandages, remembering that pressure helps stop bleeding.

((Another Heal check: Roll(1d20)+7:
18,+7
Total:25))
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:33 pm

"I think I'll go back down and kick 'em if they've tried to escape again," Jaquir said, descending the stairs once more.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:58 am

Emerald moans unconsciously.

---
The world stood high around her, an amphitheater seating tens of thousands of ponies. High walls kept them safe from the incredible magic before them. An ursa major crawled forwards, its claws digging deep into the sandy centre of the arena, looking upon the small green pony that shared its space with an evil glint in its eyes. The small herbivore was not without defenses, of course. A shield of pure energy surrounded her, but it held off the assault only for a few moments of beating from the large predator. Fiery sparks fly into the bear's eyes, but it merely shuts them and continues to smell out its prey, advancing ever-slowly closer. Noxious gas is brought up from the sewer system beneath the ring, but the starry monster just huffed a breath and sent it into the crowd, who began to choke as those on the opposite side laughed and cheered.

The emerald unicorn had nowhere to go, retreating back in a run that was barely even the same pace as the ursa's ambling walk. She hit a wall, and looked up at it. The body was translucent, but somehow as it opened its mouth, it was very dark inside, saliva dripping off its teeth, each larger than a unicorn's head, onto the pony. One claw grips the little thing, and brings it near, gnashing its jaws in anticipation of the sweet nectar-like lifeblood of yet another foalish pony in the wrong place at the wrong time...

---

Meanwhile, as Shooting Star treats her, the mare drools a bit as she lightly clacks her teeth together.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next