Investigators of the Odd

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 pm

"So Dextor is no longer in there? And so we've got no reason to go into that room."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Cardbo wrote:"So Dextor is no longer in there? And so we've got no reason to go into that room."
"Besides the vigilante being there?" asked Zebulon. "Wait... we'd give away his position."
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Cardbo wrote:"So Dextor is no longer in there? And so we've got no reason to go into that room."
"Besides the fact that ..."
"Besides the vigilante being there?" asked Zebulon. "Wait... we'd give away his position."
"What the zebra said."
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:32 pm

"Well, Assuming they weren't all pegasi, so they must've left a physical trail for us to follow. It'll be dark, but maybe we can still find it."

EDIT: Cheese heads back outside and carefully looks around for clues as to where they went.
Perception check.
Roll(1d20)+11:
19,+11
Total:30
Whoo! Critical!1!.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:33 am

Cardbo wrote:"Well, Assuming they weren't all pegasi, so they must've left a physical trail for us to follow. It'll be dark, but maybe we can still find it."

EDIT: Cheese heads back outside and carefully looks around for clues as to where they went.
Perception check.
Roll(1d20)+11:
19,+11
Total:30
Whoo! Critical!1!.

Cheese finds several hoofprint trails leading in the general direction of the Roach Motel. One set of hoofprints, however, loops around the building and into another room, accompanied by a set of dragon footprints.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:00 am

Cheese waves the rest of the group in his direction.

OOC:Whats the other room where the dragon footprints lead? Does it have a door on it?
Perception Check!
Roll(1d20)+9:
2,+9
Total:11
Oh well.

Arcana check. If there is door, are there any spells on it?
Roll(1d20)+11:
12,+11
Total:23
Not terrible.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 am

Cardbo wrote:Cheese waves the rest of the group in his direction.

OOC:Whats the other room where the dragon footprints lead? Does it have a door on it?
Perception Check!
Roll(1d20)+9:
2,+9
Total:11
Oh well.

Arcana check. If there is door, are there any spells on it?
Roll(1d20)+11:
12,+11
Total:23
Not terrible.

They actually seem to have climbed in through a window, one that currently has its blinds closed. The window is enchanted to keep mosquitos away, and Cheese thinks he recognizes some sort of matter-strengthening spell on the window as well.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:34 am

Cheese starts drawing a floorplan of the Mareiot in the dirt and what room that would come out on the other side. He pauses to rub his chin.

OOC:Not even sure what I roll for this.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 am

Cardbo wrote:Cheese starts drawing a floorplan of the Mareiot in the dirt and what room that would come out on the other side. He pauses to rub his chin.

OOC:Not even sure what I roll for this.

[No point in rolling; you're sure this is one of the rented-out rooms, but you don't know who's using it at the moment.]
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:11 am

Zebulon follows Cheese's trail.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Appkes on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Barabus is going to stand at the end of the hallway several rooms down from the one with the cigilante while he decides whether to just keep standing guard or to break in to find the vigilante.
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Cheese whisper to Zeb. "I think Dextor went in this window. Its reinforced on the outside. Do you want to try knocking on the door of the room and see if anyone responds? Or may be wait out here and see if they try to sneak back the way they came? Have a preference?"
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Cardbo wrote:Cheese whisper to Zeb. "I think Dextor went in this window. Its reinforced on the outside. Do you want to try knocking on the door of the room and see if anyone responds? Or may be wait out here and see if they try to sneak back the way they came? Have a preference?"
"I'll go inside to see who is with Dex," said Zebulon, heading into the hotel and towards the rented-out room Cheese is standing guard at. He knocks politely.


Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Meanwhile, Blackhawk, following a hunch, went back towards the door with the Do Not Disturb sign. He put his ear up to the door, imitating what Cheese had done earlier.

Spoiler:
Perception roll: Only a 7. Blackhawk's ears aren't as good as Cheese's. Add in my +8 bonus and Party of One's...wait, it's probably after midnight now, isn't it? Well, assuming it isn't, that's another +1. So, 15 or 16 total.
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Appkes on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Barabus mimes carefulness from the end of the corridor.
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Cheese whisper to Zeb. "I think Dextor went in this window. Its reinforced on the outside. Do you want to try knocking on the door of the room and see if anyone responds? Or may be wait out here and see if they try to sneak back the way they came? Have a preference?"
"I'll go inside to see who is with Dex," said Zebulon, heading into the Roach Motel and towards the rented-out room Cheese is standing guard at. He knocks politely.

Nopony answers. Make a Perception check.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Meanwhile, Blackhawk, following a hunch, went back towards the door with the Do Not Disturb sign. He put his ear up to the door, imitating what Cheese had done earlier.

Spoiler:
Perception roll: Only a 7. Blackhawk's ears aren't as good as Cheese's. Add in my +8 bonus and Party of One's...wait, it's probably after midnight now, isn't it? Well, assuming it isn't, that's another +1. So, 15 or 16 total.

[After midnight by now.]

Blackhawk doesn't hear anything at all; it sounds like nopony's talking about anything at the moment.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:13 pm

OOC: Perception: 1d20 (19) + 8 = 27. Oh, if Cheese made the check...
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Appkes on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:20 pm

OOC: Todays bonus is Stealth! Keep to the shadows, and if you get caught, I've never seen you in my life.
avatar
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:OOC: Perception: 1d20 (19) + 8 = 27. Oh, if Cheese made the check...

Zebulon hears the muttering of a male voice that he thinks is Dextor.
avatar
The Warrior of Many Faces
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2158
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 22
Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Zebulon heads back to Cheese.

"I can confirm that Dextor is inside," whispered Zeb.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:12 pm

"Wait here, a few minutes."

He goes back inside and goes over to where Barabus is. "Can you pick a lock? I can distract a front desk. I need to send something to your HQ anyway. If I wanted to do that, where would I send it to?"

OOC: Cheese is of course, referring to the hair sample he found earlier
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Blackhawk hurried over to the others, looking slightly worried. "Hey guys," he says, barging into the conversation a little bit. "I dunno for sure, could be a number of reasons why, but let's for a second assume the worst, just so we're prepared, right? Right. Right!" He took a deep breath, but not a long one. "Ponies in the other room may have stopped talkin', and if that's true that could mean they're on their way out soon, and apparently they know who we are so..." a brief pause. Like the moment at the starting line before the gun goes off. "Yeah. again, just worst case scenario speakin', but uh, might wanna hurry things up a bit here!"
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 pm

((No, don't talk to the griffin who's trained in Mechanics and has FK in lockpicking.))
Kal turns to Zeb. "So..we just stand here?"
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Quietkal wrote:((No, don't talk to the griffin who's trained in Mechanics and has FK in lockpicking.))
Kal turns to Zeb. "So..we just stand here?"
"Evidently, we're here to stand as guards," said Zeb with a shrug.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Quietkal wrote:((No, don't talk to the griffin who's trained in Mechanics and has FK in lockpicking.))
Kal turns to Zeb. "So..we just stand here?"

OOC:Sorry. Didn't know where you were. If you're outside, you could just come in. And I could ask you also.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum