Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

+4
SubjectZ
The Warrior of Many Faces
RavenscroftRaven
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  SubjectZ Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Is it on any sites, 'cuz it sounds interesting!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Uhhh...

I'm "Ravenscroft" on FIMfiction. I have "The Truth In Forgery" as an ongoing but SLOW project (inspiration is hard right now, as mentioned I need to be inspired AND free at the same time to write), as well as "The Harrowing Journey" which is a short chapter in The Album, a compilation project to show the day-to-day lives of every pony in the show. My chosen character for the project was Blueblood. It's chapter 2.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:59 pm

Well I'll definitely be checking that out!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:59 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Oki-Doki Loki!

Short Story:

And that's how Equestria was made!
Wow! That was excellent! And it certainly helped me with coming up with ideas to work with your character!

I didn't consider that these stories might bring you right up to the start of the campaign though. I should post some information on Port Summer up for anyone else to reference if they want to do the same for theirs.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Hey, if you want, mine can be retconned into "3 weeks ago, he washed ashore..." and have plenty of time to reaquaint. Whichever fits the story better, I'm flexible with the path of my characters.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Hey, can I get a general idea of when this takes place in relation to the show's timeline?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:24 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:The trick is to toss some headcanon into whatever you're writing, whether it relates or not. Starting with the creation of the minotaurs... It really has nothing to do with the story, but I got 2.5 paragraphs out of it to make it feel bigger even though it's really in-world headcanon mythology. You can write something as good or better, I assure you. I've got confidence in you!

The story boils down to "A minotaur miner tried sailing, liked it, became a pirate, and got shipwrecked". I'm just unnecessarily wordy. Which reminds me, I should really finish the next chapter of my fanfic...

Well, here's my shot at backstory:

Spoiler:

And that's how I got my Cutie Mark!
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:45 pm

@Raven
Don't worry about that. I already have an idea for yours from what you typed that fits well enough with what I have planned.

@Subjectz
I would probably place this happening around the same time as the episode "Dragon Quest".

@Warrior
That was great! Gives me a good idea about your characters motivations too! Thank you!

Last edited by Dr Blight on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Dr Blight wrote:@Tyger
That was great! Gives me a good idea about your characters motivations too! Thank you!

Wait, Tyger posted his backstory? Where? I wanna see!
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:53 pm

what? oh lol typo XD

there we go. Sorry, was looking through Tyger's character sheet while typing. Derp.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Dr Blight wrote:what? oh lol typo XD

there we go. Sorry, was looking through Tyger's character sheet while typing. Derp.

Ah, you meant my backstory. Cool, glad I could help. ^.^
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:43 am

Added some fluff on Junna and Port Summer to the main post under the map if anyone wants to read it.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:12 am

Great! This'll give me a hand in the backstory!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:39 am

Dr Blight wrote:@Raven
Don't worry about that. I already have an idea for yours from what you typed that fits well enough with what I have planned.

@Subjectz
I would probably place this happening around the same time as the episode "Dragon Quest".

@Warrior
Oh crud... I just realized, that removes the entire rational for my character hating changelings. If his parents haven't died in the Changeling Invasion, then why would he hate changelings? I don't suppose there's any way the timeline can be... tweaked a little?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:34 am

Back story time ( I am not much of a writer)
Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:53 am

Subjectz: You were born in a border town near the badlands. Changelings were more of a constant threat, even if a mild one, there than in Canterlot, far in-land. One killed one of your parents to feed off the other, maybe?
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Subjectz: You were born in a border town near the badlands. Changelings were more of a constant threat, even if a mild one, there than in Canterlot, far in-land. One killed one of your parents to feed off the other, maybe?
Why the buck did I not think of that. Thanks so much!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:26 pm

@Tyger
Thank you very much Tyger! It looks great! Very Happy

@Subjectz
So there's no problem with the timeline then?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:38 pm

Nope! Thanks to Raven!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Any updates on when the campaign might start?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:52 pm

For now we're still on track for Monday but I need to have Xand's character sheet before we start and give him a chance to write up his backstory if he wants the starting harmony.

I'll be posting up my updated monster list for review later today and note down some of the ideas I've gotten from these stories. from there I'll begin typing up the starting post ahead of time.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:53 pm

I believe Monday was mentioned in passing back in the posts somewhere.

EDIT: How do I get ninja'd when if you post, it interrupts if new posts come in?!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Ninjas know no rules. They are ninjas.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 pm

my ninja powers are are tuned to the millisecond!
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Good news, I found a ... unique solution for the changelings.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next