Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

+4
SubjectZ
The Warrior of Many Faces
RavenscroftRaven
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Hay Sub have you seen that new necromancy talent?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  Dr Blight Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 pm

sorry for the long silence there. just got back from work. I'll post something up shortly.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Hay Sub have you seen that new necromancy talent?
No, where is it?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 pm

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:50 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Here
Oh, they updated it!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Oh boy.

I just looked at the new talents.

GREGG would make the perfect Arcane Eye!

I also want to get Enchanting, Nimble Hooves... Wouldn't mind getting Sunderblade or Spectral Tsunami either. Those all look like good mad scientist abilities (:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Oh boy.

I just looked at the new talents.

GREGG would make the perfect Arcane Eye!

I also want to get Enchanting, Nimble Hooves... Wouldn't mind getting Sunderblade or Spectral Tsunami either. Those all look like good mad scientist abilities (:
Hey DB, aboooouuuuut this, if we see any we think make more sense for our character, can we PM any possible changes?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 pm

PM me what you have in mind and we'll see.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Hey guys, just a heads up, but I'm not going to be able to post anything until tonight. I'm planning on assisting Halynn though - and it's my OOC opinion that now would be a good time for us all to really start working together here. This looks like a boss-level encounter. Working solo on this probably won't cut it. We're probably going to need to break out the magic points and the team combos.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Magic points?

This is a cutscene battle? ^, ^, v, v, <, >, <, >, ^, >, v, <, select start?

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm

you aren't technically in battle yet. Hence no one rolling initiative.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:57 pm

"I smack it with my axe."

There, now we're in initiative! I take my surprise round to Gather Energy. :p

I have a feeling it will wind up like that soon. I don't see a diplomatic solution...
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:10 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Hey guys, just a heads up, but I'm not going to be able to post anything until tonight. I'm planning on assisting Halynn though - and it's my OOC opinion that now would be a good time for us all to really start working together here. This looks like a boss-level encounter. Working solo on this probably won't cut it. We're probably going to need to break out the magic points and the team combos.

Yeah, dragons are bad enough, but this is an undead ice dragon that may well feed on hatred. Not gonna be easy to take down if it comes to combat. Do you think I should burn my Magic Point on this Persuasion check? I'm inclined to say no, given that if he identifies as hostile, it might be better to burn Magic Points on trying to intimidate him out of attacking us...

Oh derp, I just realized that I could have used Bridle Gossip to reroll my check. Then again, since the results of the check haven't come in yet, maybe it's not too late to try to use it. DB, what say ye?
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Hey guys, just so you know, I used my MP to find the necklace, and also, I am specialized in healing and flame magics. I could activate Too Hot to Handle!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:41 pm

I'll allow using bridal gossip since you've been speaking in french pretty consistently.

As for too hot to handle, as DM I can't say anything except that utilities have no real effect in combat.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks!

Okay, so new roll... I rolled a 6. I'm just gonna stick with my original roll...
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Since our characters' racial traits are grandfathered in...

If the roll is an opposed one, Land Lobber will Show Them How You Rock. There's my assist. If it's a straight DC, you're on your own, Lantern.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 pm

It's a straight DC. The fossil isn't actively trying to not listen. It just doesn't really recognize you as worth listening to at the moment.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Dr Blight wrote:I'll allow using bridal gossip since you've been speaking in french pretty consistently.

As for too hot to handle, as DM I can't say anything except that utilities have no real effect in combat.
I didnt mean in combat, I meant intimidating it!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:54 pm

How to put this. It's an intelligent full-sized undead frozen dragon animated by ancient dark magic staring down things only as big as one of its teeth who are trapped in a room with it. The DC to intimidate it is going to be huge.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Dr Blight wrote:How to put this. It's an intelligent full-sized undead frozen dragon animated by ancient dark magic staring down things only as big as one of its teeth who are trapped in a room with it. The DC to intimidate it is going to be huge.
Let's hope one of us rolls a nat 20!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 pm

So, what? 25? 27? Can't be too tough, right? I say we just tell it "Boogity boo", it'll run away soon enough.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 pm

this brings up something. How have my skill checks been so far? too easy?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I'd say on the high side, personally, for the falling. A DC 30 to fall properly is a bit crazy, as it means that even somepony who trains their entire life in their cutie-mark for it, say, a stunt-mare with 10 Acrobatics and cutie marked and trained, their entire build revolves around it, still only has a 40% chance of landing the landing safely, less than a coin flip.

I personally can jump from a one story height and not suffer any injuries whatsoever, and I am by no means that stunt-mare mentioned above. 25 may have been more reasonable there. Other than that, there really hasn't been many skill checks.

Remember it is a d20 system and that the "Average Pony" will have about +8 in the skill, if you want to base your probabilities on "how likely would the average pony be able to do this?" and set the DC to match that. In example, if it's a coin flip, it's DC 18. If it is a formality and just to ensure they don't critical fail, DC 5.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:28 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:I'd say on the high side, personally, for the falling. A DC 30 to fall properly is a bit crazy, as it means that even somepony who trains their entire life in their cutie-mark for it, say, a stunt-mare with 10 Acrobatics and cutie marked and trained, their entire build revolves around it, still only has a 40% chance of landing the landing safely, less than a coin flip.

I personally can jump from a one story height and not suffer any injuries whatsoever, and I am by no means that stunt-mare mentioned above. 25 may have been more reasonable there. Other than that, there really hasn't been many skill checks.

Remember it is a d20 system and that the "Average Pony" will have about +8 in the skill, if you want to base your probabilities on "how likely would the average pony be able to do this?" and set the DC to match that. In example, if it's a coin flip, it's DC 18. If it is a formality and just to ensure they don't critical fail, DC 5.
I myself think they have been fair, but this IS my first game, and also, the DC was 25, wasn't it? And we were falling from a dragon's height, which in MLP is pretty tall.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next