Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

+4
SubjectZ
The Warrior of Many Faces
RavenscroftRaven
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 20 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Nah, I think "plastic statue" is a better description. Plus, most mannikins in museums are made of wood. So I choose to interpret it as they're putting a polystyrene sculpture on display. Razz
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 20 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  XandZero2 Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:56 pm

I was just going off of what you gave me DB. I don't think it was a big deal, I just took it as a moment for a joke since I had no idea what you were actually talking about at the time.

...And did Raggie roll a crit success right after Dr. D rolled a crit fail?!

Whoot! Nice covering for my incompetence Tyger!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:28 pm

didn't notice it was a crit, thanks for pointing that out. Sent more stuff for Ragna to see.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Edited my post this situation does not bode well they are most likely summoning something.

Edit doc I may a roll a while back and have yet to get a responce

""Odds are they'd be in a museum, so we can look for museums thaat have had drastic weather changes in the past... millenium... or so..."

"Give me a few moments... "

history roll
Roll(1d20)+14:
15,+14
Total:29
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh... DB?

I need to be able to see the final location where I want to teleport somepony if I'm using my Teleportation ability...

Do I need to get another boost in order to start the teleporting? Or can we say I got a good enough look to where I can enter the coordinates (even though I only really got a good look at the newspaper)?

Or... Here's something else to consider...

Earlier, it seemed like you'd mentioned the possibility of teleportation as if you'd allow me to try it without using my Teleportation ability, I'd just have to make a decent Mechanics/Arcana check... Does that still stand? My Teleportation utility does specify moving something up to 30 feet, and I only want to move the party something like 5 feet in this situation... Maybe I could avoid using my utility here?

...Or do I need it anyway?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:22 pm

I was referring to trying to teleport using something like its witchcraft. I figured the DC to teleport a few feet to the otherside of a wall wouldn't be too difficult. Even so, the teleport utility would be easier.

As for coordinates. At present you can teleport anywhere in the previous room, or right on top of the newspaper in the bigger one, but you'll be teleporting in without really knowing the layout of the room and where anyone in it might be except the pony that was by the newspaper.

I'm not sure how I feel about rolling perception on the same room again, if you do, what's the point of the crit fail?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Could I just tell him what was in the room?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Dr Blight wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about rolling perception on the same room again, if you do, what's the point of the crit fail?

Well, realistically, if someone's given enough time, they can notice a lot more, but a single perception check would probably be like a first impression. Maybe like 6 seconds of looking around? It's what you can notice in a short amount of time. More checks usually just take more time, but time could be something we're short on IC. Maybe if we waste too much time, we could risk the big bad getting away or some other thing like that?

As far as It's Witchcraft goes - I didn't take it. I know everypony and their grandma abuses it, so I wanted to be unique. Plus, Dr. D doesn't use witchcraft - but science! If you'd allow me to still attempt a teleport using some kind of Mechanics/Arcana check, that would be cool - but I guess the normal teleporter's the second best thing.

If Raggie could give pin-point details of the room, could we use those?

She did get a crit after all...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:33 pm

ragnarok is free to tell you in character as much as she likes. That is part of working together as a team after all.

And I understand realistically you'd be able to look around as much as you like, but from a gameplay standpoint, it seems like it takes the fun out of good and bad rolls. "I don't like this roll, so I'll keep doing it till I get a good one"

As for using mechanics to teleport without the utility. I don't want to limit Dr. D's ability to build his machines, but at the same time I don't want to hand him the god-skill where he can just build the solution to every problem either. You have the teleport utility skill anyway.

EDIT
Here's what I'm thinking then. If you do go making rerolls for the same thing, understand things will have an increasing likelihood to go wrong with subsequent rolls and you'll start being subject to negative derp effects.

To give an example, if you keep attempting to shove something with stunts, the DC will start to climb as you get tired. If you keep trying to remember something with history, the DC will get higher as you get frustrated.

This isn't shared obviously. So just because one player is becoming frustrated trying to remember something doesn't mean another can't just step up and roll their own history check. And you can negate the negative effects with assists from team mates.

In this particular case, you can try the fly up and look thing again. But without an assist Ragna will be getting tired from doing this three times now and have a higher DC.

You'll also have to roll stealth to keep from being seen this time in general.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Note to self be more clear with actions

I intended the nudge and wink to be for Halynn
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:22 pm

How fast are we falling? Would Halynn have time to use Dazzling Wings?

Je peux voler! (Dazzling Wings) – Daily:

I'm not sure if we even use preparation times anymore. I seem to recall a debate about them a while back, but i don't remember the details. Does anypony know?
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 pm

I think you'd probably hit the ground in less than six seconds. Since I don't know if we officially use preparation times anymore though I flipped a coin, came up heads so I'll let you use it this time.

meanwhile I'll try to find out if they're still in or not.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Dr Blight wrote:I think you'd probably hit the ground in less than six seconds. Since I don't know if we officially use preparation times anymore though I flipped a coin, came up heads so I'll let you use it this time.

meanwhile I'll try to find out if they're still in or not.

Thanks! Very Happy

Xand, do you object to Halynn using it on Dr. Death Ray? I imagine it'll come with a sizable penalty to my Acrobatics check to land safely, but Halynn wouldn't care. (Well, until she hits the ground, anyway, but at that point she wouldn't get to take it back. XD)
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:52 pm

6 seconds of free-falling is a LOT of distance. About 180 meters... If we had time for that, things REALLY went awry!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 pm

no, as far as I can tell you'd all hit the ground in 2 seconds at most. but. the coin fell how it did so Halynn manages to use her wings spell faster than normal this time.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:53 am

DYYYNAMIKU ENTURIIIIII!

Let's get this started!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:40 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Xand, do you object to Halynn using it on Dr. Death Ray? I imagine it'll come with a sizable penalty to my Acrobatics check to land safely, but Halynn wouldn't care. (Well, until she hits the ground, anyway, but at that point she wouldn't get to take it back. XD)

Putting the safety of an ally above the safety of yourself?

-You crazy man! XD

Not like Dr. Death Ray would be able to argue anyway, given that he's probably preoccupied with the falling thing right about now... But I'd be happy with that arrangement WoMF. My Dex is 10 too, so the Doctor would be able to catch Halynn on an average roll... that is, if he can still have time to help her after he gets the wings but before she hits the ground...

DB, what do you say?

Edit: BTW - I had a feeling something like this might happen, but I felt like living on the edge and nopony else said anything, sooooooooooooo... Back to our regularly scheduled plummet to our dooms!

Double Edit: I doubt we're really plummeting to our dooms - but I thought it would sound more dramatic if I mentioned doom (:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:01 am

@Raven
Does this dynamic entry in anyway involve the in character screaming of the words dynamic entry?
@Xand
I'll allow it, sure, assuming you make the DC. I expect you to RP it as close though since it's a short fall time-wise.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:56 am

Dr Blight wrote:@Raven
Does this dynamic entry in anyway involve the in character screaming of the words dynamic entry?

In the wise words of TVtropes: Sure, Why Not?
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Putting the safety of an ally above the safety of yourself?

-You crazy man! XD

Not like Dr. Death Ray would be able to argue anyway, given that he's probably preoccupied with the falling thing right about now... But I'd be happy with that arrangement WoMF. My Dex is 10 too, so the Doctor would be able to catch Halynn on an average roll... that is, if he can still have time to help her after he gets the wings but before she hits the ground...

DB, what do you say?

Edit: BTW - I had a feeling something like this might happen, but I felt like living on the edge and nopony else said anything, sooooooooooooo... Back to our regularly scheduled plummet to our dooms!

Double Edit: I doubt we're really plummeting to our dooms - but I thought it would sound more dramatic if I mentioned doom (:

Hey, I may be crazy, but Halynn's the one responsible for that decision, not me. XD

Will do.

"Doom objects to you taking his name in vain!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 pm

You all fall screaming down the the floor below but are miraculously saved when you fall on top of a pony in a green cape and iron mask. The pony regards you all with a frown permanently etched onto his metal face before looking around quietly for a moment. Focusing on Halynn, the iron-masked pony turns and walks out of the room, muttering something about being in the "wrong multiverse"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Dr Blight wrote:You all fall screaming down the the floor below but are miraculously saved when you fall on top of a pony in a green cape and iron mask. The pony regards you all with a frown permanently etched onto his metal face before looking around quietly for a moment. Focusing on Halynn, the iron-masked pony turns and walks out of the room, muttering something about being in the "wrong multiverse"

"Ow. Falling on metal armor tends to hurt, n'est-ce pas?"

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Hey DB, could I use Telepathy to tell Ragnarok to catch me?
Edit: Nevermind, I'm sure she'll notice.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 am

Never assume anything. Especially when it comes to the goodwill of the party. tongue
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 am

Sorry it took me a while to post my reply guys. My internet connection crashed on me for a bit, then I was taking a good bit of time to see if I could find the ruling on Derp + Awesomeness... I'm not certain that they synergize, but I feel like I read Stairc mention somewhere that they did...

Awesomeness – 1/Day Interrupt
Trigger – You or an ally you can see rolls a natural 1 on a d20.
Effect: You or the triggering ally can reroll the die with a +5 bonus.

Derp
Rolling a 2 or 3 counts as a critical failure the same way rolling a 1 usually does. You begin the day with an additional Magic Point.

It's you're call DB, but if I can't use Awesomeness here, then I'm keeping my magic point...

EDIT: I found the ruling!

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t45-c-c-combos

^Here! I was right! They do work together! Hah hah!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next