Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

+4
SubjectZ
The Warrior of Many Faces
RavenscroftRaven
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 22 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 pm

it was 25 for the fall, 20 for the catch.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup) - Page 22 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King (OOC and Signup)

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Dr Blight wrote:it was 25 for the fall, 20 for the catch.
BTW, I'm loving the direction the campaign is taking so far, also, am I gonna get the results of that History Check? No rush, just reminding ya!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:32 pm

glad to hear it! And sorry about that, I wasn't entirely sure what to say for that check for a while there.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Dr Blight wrote:glad to hear it! And sorry about that, I wasn't entirely sure what to say for that check for a while there.
No problem, that's the fun part of laying games like this, from what I hear: Improv!
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 am

Doc you better not make me change my stuff yea let just not get in to that *levels a railcannon at your position*
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:40 am

if you're talking about the new race thing, I don't understand it well enough to enforce it. I'm permitting utilities from it though on a case-by-case basis since those are easy enough to understand.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:52 am

Grandfathered-in overpowered minotaurs yay!

(In the new system, an old minotaur is 8 points plus one ability not appearing in the document, probably 11 points total. For perspective, a unicorn was/is 6 points.)

Shame it is of no help versus the dread Dead Dragon.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:04 am

RoR,

Remember that the racial playtest document is just that - a playtest - so the Minotaurs might not be as OP as they currently seem. By the playtest standards, Earth Ponies are also worth 9 points - but I never saw any reason to think they were OP.

In other words, that playtest is still being tested. From what I understand, it's in no means finalized. So the costs of different abilities could change overtime (for instance, I'm still personally of the opinion that the Earth Pony's 2 main abilities cost too much at 3 points each).

Edit: BTW - I had no idea how to assist Halynn IC, so I just decided to try to wow the giant undead ice dragon with a science (magic) trick. Advanced Ponykinesis allows me to lift up to 100 pounds with my PK powers in case anypony forgot - and since I had no idea if there was anything to pick up in the area (isn't everything frozen over?) I decided to just have Dr. D PK his own personal arsenal.

@ DB:
I haven't found the checks so far to be too easy, and besides, we just started the campaign. I wouldn't expect to have too many difficult checks this early on. We're still at the "learn your character, party, and GM's playstyle" stage of development. I think the pace has been pretty good so far.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:57 am

@Everypony
If, once things have settled regarding it, you want to try and adjust your characters to match the new format. I'll allow you to do so and the changes will take effect after the party next has a calm moment (not in battle basically). I think it's a good thing to try in case a future game requires you to use the new system but I won't force you to make the switch if you don't want to.

@Xand
Thank you. Just remember that there's a daily limit to how often you can lift 100 pounds. And it's fine to use your own arsenal since it'd probably be a bad idea to move the other artifacts in the room.

@Subjectz
I'll allow you to use Arcana only if there's an in-character reason to do so. For example, Dr. D is using GREGG for a technological display, so I permit using mechanics. However Torch is at the moment simply speaking so that falls under a Persuasion. If you want to use Arcana, I'll need you to edit it so Torch tries to do something magical to get its attention. Granted you got a 1 anyway but still.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:58 am

Doc would it be kosher for me to use fast as lightning to ram the dragon?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 am

you can certainty try but how effective that will be will depend on what you're trying to accomplish. It could very easily backfire on you.

EDIT:Right, I had a feeling you were going to try that. I'll be typing my response now but I'll go ahead and say this first. I rule it impossible to avoid taking damage from fast as lightning at least once no matter how short the distance. Because traveling at a max of 100mps means you could travel 99.9 miles and still not technically have taken a second. However, I rolled a 4 for that damage, meaning with your silver feathers that's just 3 damage.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Hey DB, can I just switch out the bonuses for Arcane and Persuasion, from 12 to 6?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Dr Blight wrote:@Everypony
If, once things have settled regarding it, you want to try and adjust your characters to match the new format. I'll allow you to do so and the changes will take effect after the party next has a calm moment (not in battle basically). I think it's a good thing to try in case a future game requires you to use the new system but I won't force you to make the switch if you don't want to.

So, I guess you mean, trying to use the Racial Creation Expansion DB? I'm thinking it'll probably become more official over time, but right now it's still in the early testing stages by the sound of it. I wouldn't mind testing it out I guess, but I don't know how I really feel about it just yet.

The one thing that bugs me is that nothing is set in stone with that system. I mean, what makes an Earth Pony an Earth Pony? Or a Pegasus a Pegasus? As it stands now, you could have an Earth Pony with flight and a Pegasus without it. Heck, you could have an Earth Pony that works just like a Changeling, and if that happens, are you really still playing an Earth Pony?

-The whole racial creation system just seems really chaotic to me right now, but I don't know. I might very well grow to like it over time. No telling. I'll try it out though if you're letting us test it DB. Like I said, maybe testing it will change my mind?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Subjectz wrote:Hey DB, can I just switch out the bonuses for Arcane and Persuasion, from 12 to 6?
sure. that's easier.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:29 pm

XandZero2 wrote:-The whole racial creation system just seems really chaotic to me right now, but I don't know. I might very well grow to like it over time. No telling. I'll try it out though if you're letting us test it DB. Like I said, maybe testing it will change my mind?

I don't see it as that. No matter how much people complained about an Earth Pony not being able to fly before, I personally see the custom race rules as a DM/ST/PM rulebook and not something for players to make flying Earth ponies. You make races, and the players can choose which race to play, of the canon ones and a few you create specifically for the campaign, without the worry of them being "unbalanced" races compared to the main book ones. Otherwise, yeah, there's no point to races, might as well have this race:

Human
(Bonus Utility) (Bonus Utility) (Bonus Utility) - 6 points

And be done with things, since it isn't so much race anymore as yet another opportunity for min-maxing when in the hands of the players. Allowing new races or strongly changing them on a whim can really stress a DM's setting they have in mind, so I don't see this rulebook being allowed to be touched by players for too many adventures.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:23 pm

when I said try out the new system I didn't mean build your own race. I meant the new utility setup. You've all already picked your races and that's what you are. What I meant was, if you wanted to test out the new set-up for your race and/or the less restricted utility format.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:I don't see it as that. No matter how much people complained about an Earth Pony not being able to fly before, I personally see the custom race rules as a DM/ST/PM rulebook and not something for players to make flying Earth ponies. You make races, and the players can choose which race to play, of the canon ones and a few you create specifically for the campaign, without the worry of them being "unbalanced" races compared to the main book ones. Otherwise, yeah, there's no point to races, might as well have this race:

Human
(Bonus Utility) (Bonus Utility) (Bonus Utility) - 6 points

And be done with things, since it isn't so much race anymore as yet another opportunity for min-maxing when in the hands of the players. Allowing new races or strongly changing them on a whim can really stress a DM's setting they have in mind, so I don't see this rulebook being allowed to be touched by players for too many adventures.

^RoR, I like you're outlook on this a lot. That, I could get behind.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:34 am

...And the minotaur died, and no one mourned the loss.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:23 pm

^Money saved is money earned (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:17 pm

...I don't suppose I could join?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 pm

we are a tad full at the moment but ask the good doctor if you can
please let him in doc
side note we are going rather slowly right now and have just started combat which may take until thanksgiving (U.S.)
he shall be entering the lion den
we need some one to test the racial expansion
In the gathering zone of thoses that oppose the expasion as it stands
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:34 pm

I suggest BUILD A NON-ROBOT magical construct!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Will do.

EDIT: I meant consult the Doctor first.

Last edited by Grey Pen on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ninja'd by Xel.)
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 pm

Xel you are not part of this group anymore you dropped out...

EDIT CONSULT THE DOCTOR FIRST!
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:37 pm

I know, but I can still offer suggestions... >.>
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next