Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 16 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 16 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  SubjectZ Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 pm

XandZero2 wrote:"Woah..." Dr. Death Ray thought out-loud, flipping up his black goggles, looking at the green unicorn... other doctor with a raised eyebrow. "Sounds like somepony's got some... uh... 'personal issues' with Changelings?"
Healing Torch turned with a frown on his face. "It's not important right now, we've got more troubling things to deal with."

XandZero2 wrote:"Hey Doctor," Death Ray went to the original green unicorn's side, "Anything I-" he nods to GREGG "-or my... companion here... can, uh... do to help?"
"If you could try to calm it- er, her, down. Her breathing isn't too good right now, so... until I can find some painkillers, try... I don't know, singing her a song? A lullaby maybe, anything that could calm her down. I'd really appreciate it. And please, just call me Torch. "
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 am

Subjectz wrote:
"If you could try to calm it- er, her, down. Her breathing isn't too good right now, so... until I can find some painkillers, try... I don't know, singing her a song? A lullaby maybe, anything that could calm her down. I'd really appreciate it. And please, just call me Torch. "

Mosstone snapped out of his stress induced seizure at "painkillers".

"I've got just the thing," he said, his horn starting to glow. "Remind me and I'll teach it to you later. In the mean time, we need some burn salve, gauze and bandages; or, failing that, some honey and cabbage will do."

((Yes, I know from personal experience that honey is good for burns. The cabbage goes on top, to keep it from sticking to the bandage. Yes, I feel Mosstone would also make it a point to know this, and therefore feel no need to make a knowledge check to find out.))

Healing Check:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:18 pm

"Honey and cabbage?" Dr. Death Ray turned to the new guy and gave him a double-take. "Honey and cabbage? Are... are we basting them or healing them here? I... I don't know about you... but uh..." the Doctor grinned, "I already had a big breakfast."

Spoiler:

^GREGG's eye flashed as the sound came over his body's built in speakers.

Then the Doctor bit his lip. What if humor didn't cross racial boundaries? He didn't need to be scaring the patients.

Looking down at the two Changelings, Dr. D quickly added, "That was... uhhhh... that was - just a joke, by the way... My friends here..." He leaned in towards the two Changelings, lowering his voice, "Okay, well technically, I don't know who this old guy is - never seen him before in my life... So he's not really my friend, but we'll just assume he is for the time being..." Raising his voice, Dr. Death Ray went on, "So - as I was saying, my 'friends' here..." (and he totally made air quotes) "They're gonna... gonna take good care of you two, I'm sure..." Dr. D patted both patients on the hoof, then paused - glancing back up at the other Doctor, "... Torch, was it?" He turned back to the Changelings, "Torch here knows... knows what he's doing. -I should know."

I'm a doctor! - Was the first thing that popped into Death Ray's mind, but he realized that wasn't really relevant here, so instead he added...

"He patched me up twice already in one day - and look at me." The Doctor stepped back and made a bow, "Still standin'."

Should I warm up the sound systems now Dr. Death Ray sir?

Huh?

Dr. Torch asked you to sing in order to calm the Changelings. Will you sir?

Uhhhh... What do I sing about to help calm Changelings? I don't even know what they like?

They like emotions sir. My internal database specifically states that 'Changelings are emotional vampires who feed off the host's love for others.'

Well of course GREGG, everypony knows that, but how does it help the current situa - Oh, I just might have an idea here... Okay GREGG... Warm up the sound systems... Hmm... Follow my mental rhythms...

"Alright, soooo..." Dr. Death Ray pulled a mic from his lab coat, "I'm going to sing a little song now... I... uh... know how much Changelings like feasting on love so... uh..." He cleared his throat, "-Yeah... Here's a love song... that I've been, uh... working on lately... ever since about the time I got here in fact." He glanced around the room to make sure the GL still hadn't come back yet - then added, "I'm going to dedicate this one to... uh... somepony who... who thankfully isn't here right now."

The Doctor grinned, then nodded to GREGG.

"Alright, let's do this."

"Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir!"

GREGG's eye flashed and one side of his gold casing slid open, revealing a speaker - and in the next instant, music had already begun issuing forth from it.

"Here I am again, in this icy place, with my evil lies.
I'm talking to my bot.
-Don't use your gun,
Not on that one.

Here I go again, looking for her face, and I realize...
I should look for some pony else...
Heroes aren't fun,
Society's done.

I'm looking for comfort that I can take from somepony else...
But after all, I know there's nopony that can save me from myself.
She is the on-ly one..."

Spoiler:

GREGG goes into a musical solo as Death Ray lowers his mic and glances around, grinning stupidly and nodding to the beat. Then he raises the mic again for another round,

"I'm looking for comfort that I can take from somepony else,
-Set rays to stuh-hu-hun..."

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 pm

The filly shrinks back slightly at Torch's outburst. The guards seem to be watching Torch closely now after his outburst as he returns to the mare's side. The medic rolls his first aid case over after a few moments and steps out of the way. Looking inside the case you notice it's well stocked with materials for basic emergency first aid. Inside, among other things you find a general antiseptic alcohol.

The mare's breathing becomes somewhat more even as the magic spreads over her, but she continues to otherwise not respond to anything around her. The filly doesn't seem any more frightened at the joke about eating them than she already is with the situation, but she simply gives Dr. D a confused look in response. Apparently, she didn't find the joke very funny. She nods slightly as Dr. D talks up Torch's skills as a medic and does appear to be slightly reassured. This turns to complete bafflement when he begins to sing.

At first the mare doesn't seem to respond at all but as he continues to sing she cracks an eye open slowly and looks in Dr. D's general direction. Unfocused and unseeing, she stares quietly as her pupils lengthen into slits and her eyes begin to glow faintly green. As they do, Dr. D suddenly feels heavy and tired, as if something had grabbed his heart and was pulling him down to the ground by it. The burned flesh begins to magically heal slightly on its own for a few moments before it stops. Her eyes closing again as she drifts back into unconsciousness. Though still badly burned, her injuries seem less dire than before.
healing:

When Ragnarok scratches out the magic circle, a look of hopelessness crosses the cultist's face for a moment before it sets in a cynical frown. He turns to face ragnarok and halynn and smirks. "Yeah, right. I'm not fool enough I don't know I won't be around much longer, less ya'll are some kinda miracle worker ma'am." He responds with a deep southern accent before falling into a fit of coughing. Wiping some of the blood he'd hacked up from his mouth with a hoof he turns his attention back to the pair. "So git to askin' while I'm still in any condition to be answerin' buzzard!"
Halynn only:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 pm

XandZero2 wrote:"Honey and cabbage?" Dr. Death Ray turned to the new guy and gave him a double-take. "Honey and cabbage? Are... are we basting them or healing them here? I... I don't know about you... but uh..." the Doctor grinned, "I already had a big breakfast."

Spoiler:

^GREGG's eye flashed as the sound came over his body's built in speakers.

Mosstone glared at the Doctor at his joke. "No, dumb-flank. Honey can be used on burns just like regular burn salve. Why don't you have your little floating ball-thing go find some?"

XandZero2 wrote:

Then the Doctor bit his lip. What if humor didn't cross racial boundaries? He didn't need to be scaring the patients.

Looking down at the two Changelings, Dr. D quickly added, "That was... uhhhh... that was - just a joke, by the way... My friends here..." He leaned in towards the two Changelings, lowering his voice, "Okay, well technically, I don't know who this old guy is - never seen him before in my life... So he's not really my friend, but we'll just assume he is for the time being..." Raising his voice, Dr. Death Ray went on, "So - as I was saying, my 'friends' here..." (and he totally made air quotes) "They're gonna... gonna take good care of you two, I'm sure..." Dr. D patted both patients on the hoof, then paused - glancing back up at the other Doctor, "... Torch, was it?" He turned back to the Changelings, "Torch here knows... knows what he's doing. -I should know."

"He patched me up twice already in one day - and look at me." The Doctor stepped back and made a bow, "Still standin'."

"Don't call me old, son, I work for a living," he quipped at the doctor, though he suspected he
as being ignored.

XandZero2 wrote:
"Alright, soooo..." Dr. Death Ray pulled a mic from his lab coat, "I'm going to sing a little song now... I... uh... know how much Changelings like feasting on love so... uh..." He cleared his throat, "-Yeah... Here's a love song... that I've been, uh... working on lately... ever since about the time I got here in fact." He glanced around the room to make sure the GL still hadn't come back yet - then added, "I'm going to dedicate this one to... uh... somepony who... who thankfully isn't here right now."

GREGG's eye flashed and one side of his gold casing slid open, revealing a speaker - and in the next instant, music had already begun issuing forth from it.

I'm talking to my bot.
-Don't use your gun,
Not on that one.

Heroes aren't fun,
Society's done.

She is the on-ly one..."

Spoiler:

GREGG goes into a musical solo as Death Ray lowers his mic and glances around, grinning stupidly and nodding to the beat. Then he raises the mic again for another round,

Mosstone glared even harder at this young quip's butchering of Pony Joel. "Are you finished? Can you please... Ah, forget it. I'll go find it myself," he snapped, running out into the streets in search of a grocery store...

Streetsmarts Check:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Land Lobber shrugged at the scene unfolding. "Everypony's a critic. I liked it."

He rubs his throat, frowning and scratching at an itch in it, giving a little cough in the quiet aftermath of the music.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Spoiler:

Midway through his song, Dr. Death Ray felt a sudden - and heavy - weight on his heart. He staggered for a second and almost ended flat on his face - again - but then he realized that if he collapsed here he wouldn't be able to finish his song! With a great force of effort on his part, he caught himself just in time, planted his hooves in, grit his teeth, and finished the final verse.

"I'm looking for comfort that I can take from somepony else...
But after all, I know there's nopony that can save me - SAVE ME - from myself.
She is the on-ly one..."

GREGG went into a final solo to clench it, then shut off his speaker and closed up his casing while the Doctor looked down to examine the mare. He was breathing pretty heavily now, even sweating, but he smiled slightly in spite of it all - the love song had worked, at least, to some extent. He could see the difference.

"Hooh... That took more... More out of me... than I thought it would..." Dr. D looked up at GREGG and slapped him on the casing - like a friend slapping another on the back, "Good going... little buddy..." The Doctor wiped the sweat from his brow, then spent another couple of seconds catching his breath. When it still wasn't quite caught yet, he finally added, "I need to sit down..."

He plopped down next to the little girl as GREGG zipped around him, his red eye flashing.

"Dr. Death Ray sir. Internal scanners suggest that you've lost a lot of energy, but you should be fine after a bit of rest. Good job sir! That was a great song! The Lantern will love it!"

"Quiet... Be quiet GREGG..." Dr. Death Ray muttered under his breath - then he paused. "You really think so?"

"Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir."

Death Ray shook his head, grinning, then looked at the little changeling girl. He nodded. "So, how's it going kid? I imagine that... ya know... it could be better... considering... but on the dark side - or bright side if you prefer - I personally prefer the dark side myself because it's a lot more fun, less restricting; all that jazz - but... uh... yeah. I think your mom's gonna be okay."

The Doctor put out a hoof, "BTW - the name's Death Ray, Dr. Death Ray if you were wondering." He wasn't quite sure if the Changeling would want to shake or bump or anything - but he wanted to leave the option open either way. Then as an afterthought he added, "What did you think of the song?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:27 pm

XandZero2 wrote:"Honey and cabbage?" Dr. Death Ray turned to the new guy and gave him a double-take. "Honey and cabbage? Are... are we basting them or healing them here? I... I don't know about you... but uh..." the Doctor grinned, "I already had a big breakfast."
Healing Torch suppressed a laugh at that. Oh jeez, I hope they don't take that the wrong way.

XandZero2 wrote:Looking down at the two Changelings, Dr. D quickly added, "That was... uhhhh... that was - just a joke, by the way... My friends here..." He leaned in towards the two Changelings, lowering his voice, "Okay, well technically, I don't know who this old guy is - never seen him before in my life... So he's not really my friend, but we'll just assume he is for the time being..." Raising his voice, Dr. Death Ray went on, "So - as I was saying, my 'friends' here..." (and he totally made air quotes) "They're gonna... gonna take good care of you two, I'm sure..." Dr. D patted both patients on the hoof, then paused - glancing back up at the other Doctor, "... Torch, was it?" He turned back to the Changelings, "Torch here knows... knows what he's doing. -I should know."

I'm a doctor! - Was the first thing that popped into Death Ray's mind, but he realized that wasn't really relevant here, so instead he added...

"Actually, uh, his name is Mosstone. Shoulda probably introduced you two. My bad. And he's right, I'll do my best to make sure you make it out of this alive." In what condition, well, I can't make any promises yet.

XandZero2 wrote:"Alright, soooo..." Dr. Death Ray pulled a mic from his lab coat, "I'm going to sing a little song now... I... uh... know how much Changelings like feasting on love so... uh..." He cleared his throat, "-Yeah... Here's a love song... that I've been, uh... working on lately... ever since about the time I got here in fact." He glanced around the room to make sure the GL still hadn't come back yet - then added, "I'm going to dedicate this one to... uh... somepony who... who thankfully isn't here right now."

I'm talking to my bot.
-Don't use your gun,
Not on that one.

Heroes aren't fun,
Society's done.

She is the on-ly one..."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Healing Torch sat in stunned silence, then burst into applause. "Bravo, bravo! Not exactly a lullaby, per se, but I'm sure it'll work."
Grey Pen wrote:Mosstone glared even harder at this young quip's butchering of Pony Joel. "Are you finished? Can you please... Ah, forget it. I'll go find it myself," he snapped, running out into the streets in search of a grocery store...

Streetsmarts Check:
"H-hey, where are you going?! WE STILL HAVE TO DISINFECT THE WOUNDS! Aw, nuts!"
Dr Blight wrote:The filly shrinks back slightly at Torch's outburst. The guards seem to be watching Torch closely now after his outburst as he returns to the mare's side. The medic rolls his first aid case over after a few moments and steps out of the way. Looking inside the case you notice it's well stocked with materials for basic emergency first aid. Inside, among other things you find a general antiseptic alcohol.

The mare's breathing becomes somewhat more even as the magic spreads over her, but she continues to otherwise not respond to anything around her. The filly doesn't seem any more frightened at the joke about eating them than she already is with the situation, but she simply gives Dr. D a confused look in response. Apparently, she didn't find the joke very funny. She nods slightly as Dr. D talks up Torch's skills as a medic and does appear to be slightly reassured. This turns to complete bafflement when he begins to sing.

At first the mare doesn't seem to respond at all but as he continues to sing she cracks an eye open slowly and looks in Dr. D's general direction. Unfocused and unseeing, she stares quietly as her pupils lengthen into slits and her eyes begin to glow faintly green. As they do, Dr. D suddenly feels heavy and tired, as if something had grabbed his heart and was pulling him down to the ground by it. The burned flesh begins to magically heal slightly on its own for a few moments before it stops. Her eyes closing again as she drifts back into unconsciousness. Though still badly burned, her injuries seem less dire than before.
healing:
"Thanks, medic." Healing Torch takes the antiseptic and turns to the changeling mare. "If you can hear me, this is gonna hurt. Probably a lot. But you need to hold on, because without this your kid will end up in an orphanage, if you catch my drift. Here goes nothing! With that, Torch took some gauze out of the kit, poured the antiseptic over it, and began to dab at the changeling's wounds.
Healing:
((Yeeeah, I'm gonna need some assistance.))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Dr Blight wrote: When Ragnarok scratches out the magic circle, a look of hopelessness crosses the cultist's face for a moment before it sets in a cynical frown. He turns to face Ragnarok and Halynn and smirks. "Yeah, right. I'm not fool enough I don't know I won't be around much longer, less ya'll are some kinda miracle worker ma'am." He responds with a deep southern accent before falling into a fit of coughing. Wiping some of the blood he'd hacked up from his mouth with a hoof he turns his attention back to the pair. "So git to askin' while I'm still in any condition to be answerin' buzzard!"
"Where is your base of operations?Where are the other artifacts?Why did you attack the museum?" While asking the questions Ragnarok begins to analyze the wounds that the cultist sustained before attempting to do what ever she can.
Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Mosstone hadn't ran very far before he suddenly skidded to a halt.

<Wait a minute,> he said to himself. <That medic would've had to have a first-aid kit to bandage that filly.>

He suddenly smacked his forehead, and started running back...

<Stupid! Stupid stupid stupid BUCK! What in Luna's Mane are you doing looking for HONEY!?!>

He skidded to a halt next to the changelings. Seeing what Torch was doing, he realized it wasn't going to be enough. He caught his breath before speaking.

"I don't think that's gonna do it," he said in a quiet voice once he had assessed the current state of things. He gulped at what he was about to propose.

"I sure hope you know something a little stronger than my painkiller spell, because that I think is what it's ultimately gonna take. I can give you some energy," he paused as his horn started to glow once again, "But you're gonna have to direct it."

Arcana Check:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:12 am

Dr Blight wrote:
Halynn only:

"Hhhhh," Hallyn groans, leaning against the wall. Wooziness. Voices. Whispering, babbling, rising, yelling, screaming, make it stop... and then nothing.

"Qu'est-ce ... ce qui vient de ... ce qui vient de se passer?" she gasps out. "Ring, what...?"

Nothing detected, reports the ring.

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 am

Grey Pen wrote:Mosstone hadn't ran very far before he suddenly skidded to a halt.

<Wait a minute,> he said to himself. <That medic would've had to have a first-aid kit to bandage that filly.>

He suddenly smacked his forehead, and started running back...

<Stupid! Stupid stupid stupid BUCK! What in Luna's Mane are you doing looking for HONEY!?!>

He skidded to a halt next to the changelings. Seeing what Torch was doing, he realized it wasn't going to be enough. He caught his breath before speaking.

"I don't think that's gonna do it," he said in a quiet voice once he had assessed the current state of things. He gulped at what he was about to propose.

"I sure hope you know something a little stronger than my painkiller spell, because that I think is what it's ultimately gonna take. I can give you some energy," he paused as his horn started to glow once again, "But you're gonna have to direct it."

Arcana Check:
After dousing the changeling in enough alcohol to inebriate an elephant, Torch turned to Mosstone and said, "I know it's not enough! But I had to do it before I could go any further, or risk infection in a closed wound, and that would kill her more efficiently then if I left her here. So, yes, thank you for the energy, I'm gonna need it. It's funny, me being here right now, because it goes without saying that a colt named Healing Torch is gonna know how to treat burns. Here goes... well, a lot!" With that, Torch focused, and his horn glowed pale green, and the same aura covered the changeling. He channeled energy through himself, and hoped for the best.
Arcana:
((Either way, That +2 should cover it, assuming the DC was reduced from sterilizing her.))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Dr. Death Ray caught sight of the others working on the Changeling mare out the corner of his eye - but decided not to look in that direction, hoping to keep the Changeling girl distracted while they helped her mother.

GREGG? Dr. D called in his mind.

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir?

See... see what you can do to help Torch... and... er... that old guy.

Yes sir!

With that, GREGG zipped over to the other unicorns, assessing the situation.

Spoiler:

-Then GREGG rose abruptly to the ceiling, and began flying about aimlessly, singing, "I'M A LITTLE TEA POT SHORT AND STOUT!"

Dr. D sighed. Not helping GREGG... Not helping...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Subjectz wrote:Torch focused, and his horn glowed pale green, and the same aura covered the changeling. He channeled energy through himself, and hoped for the best.
Arcana:
((Either way, That +2 should cover it, assuming the DC was reduced from sterilizing her.))

Mosstone focused on channeling energy into the healer's spell. As he sensed the directives that Torch gave it, he came to a startling conclusion.

It still wasn't enough.

He took a deep breath as he channeled more energy, calling on all of his reserves. A bead of sweat formed as his horn glowed even brighter. He was giving it all he had.

<If that doesn't do it,> he resolved, Then nothing else will!

((Expending a Magic point to use Generosity, increasing Torch's check by 15.))
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:00 am

"I'm glad." The filly replies quietly as she continues to watch the mare. She blinks for a moment turning to look at Dr. D's hoof before shyly reaching out with her own and giving it a quick bump. "...Dream." She repeats, slightly louder than the first time.

The mare twitches violently as the alcohol is applied, her lips pulling back to expose a very impressive set of teeth. As the treatment continues to be applied, her reactions become less and less until finally she simply continues to sleep through it.This holds mostly true as she's suddenly blasted with a wave of healing magic. But where she doesn't wake her body reacts in other ways. Her shell begins to knit where it was cracked and burned before. Like threads of magic stitched a doll back together. The burns begin to recede, replaced first with the black out of her shell, then with the white coat of her disguise. As her disguise begins to reform and the magic fades you see she still bears some burns, but these are much lesser. Well within what her body would naturally be able to heal on its own with a little time. As the last traces of magic fade away from what now appears to be an ordinary pegasus mare, her eyes snap open. Like the filly's, they are a bright green, though they actually look like a natural eye color. Her eyes dart around, taking in her surroundings. It takes a sudden hug from the filly to get her to start moving again, awkwardly sitting up.
The cultist chuckles slightly. "Our base of operations was it ma'am? Why in every city, in every town, in every slum in the Kingdom of Equestria's reach." He chuckled a little more, blood welling up past his lips as he did. "We attacked this sty because that old fool Ironhoof had found one of our lords artifacts and we wanted it back. As for another, I only know of one. Supposedly one of them was lost at sea not too far off the coast and that its magic called something up from the depths!" He burst into a heavy fit of coughing.
checks:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:37 am

Healing Torch leaned back and sat down for a moment, breathing heavily. After regaining his composure, he turned to Mosstone and grinned. "You definitely didn't go soft with age, old-timer! Thanks for that extra magic, I was running out of steam there. " He turned to the changeling mare, leveling his horn at her. "But that doesn't mean I don't have enough to bring those burns right back, changeling. Now tell me why you're here."
Persuasion:
((Intimidation... FTW?))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 am

"You'll do no such thing, Torch!" Mosstone admonished, standing between the unicorn and the mare. This bravery thing was really getting out of hoof. "I didn't go to so much trouble for a couple of total strangers so you could turn around and threaten them. Besides," he turned back to the pair of changelings, "I'm sure they'd probably tell us quite willingly if you asked nicely. It's not like they've done anything to us personally, if at all. That being said," he paused to sit down carefully, upon remembering how tired he was. "What are you doing here anyways? My... associate here apparently thinks it wasn't for the same reason as everypony else."

Checks:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Grey Pen wrote:"You'll do no such thing, Torch!" Mosstone admonished, standing between the unicorn and the mare. This bravery thing was really getting out of hoof. "I didn't go to so much trouble for a couple of total strangers so you could turn around and threaten them. Besides," he turned back to the pair of changelings, "I'm sure they'd probably tell us quite willingly if you asked nicely. It's not like they've done anything to us personally, if at all. That being said," he paused to sit down carefully, upon remembering how tired he was. "What are you doing here anyways? My... associate here apparently thinks it wasn't for the same reason as everypony else."

Checks:
Healing Torch frowned, grumbled, and lifted his horn from attack position, sitting down. "Fine, only 'cuz I'm tired from all this stuff. Wouldn't have hurt the kid anyways."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:17 am

When Torch had leveled his horn at the Changelings, Dr. Death Ray had instinctively rose to a crouching position and made for his Freeze Ray. He'd thought he might just have to tackle the other Doctor to the ground and freeze his horn in place... or... something... buuuuuut unfortunately it hadn't come to that.

Balls... Dr. D thought as he powered down his Freeze Ray and plopped his flank back on the ground, I hardly ever get to use this baby...

There's always next time sir.

GREGG had finally shaken off his second little 'episode' of the day, and was currently flitting above Dr. D's head.

Yeah, yeah... the Doctor thought begrudgingly, Well, that's... uh... that's one piece of business taken care of... now for another...

Turning to Dr. Torch, Dr. Death Ray cocked his head to one side. "So... yeah... Nice work on the... uh... the healing doc, but your bedside manner leaves... you know... a... a little something to be desired."

Dr. D leaned in towards the Changelings and whispered, "Don't worry. I got this." -before turning back to Torch with a raised eyebrow, "So... why would Changelings be here? Well... gee..." He put a hoof to his chin, in mock thought, "That's a good question... I don't know... but uh... FYI - This is a tropical island resort. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps these two might just be on vacation for Dastardly Deeds' sake? Last time I checked, it wasn't a crime to have fun, and even bad guys gotta have a few laughs every once in a while. It's not like those Changelings were in the middle of committing some...pffft... heinous crime..." Dr. D rolled his eyes for effect, "like... uh... like stealing priceless artifacts... from the museum... or anything... like that..."

Dr. D paused for a moment, clopping his hooves together and smiling in what he hoped was a very innocent-looking manner. As he began to break out in a cold sweat, he chuckled, "Heh heh heh... Yeah. Who would ever be foalish enough to steal from the museum anyway? Have you ever heard of something so... so... uh... so horrible?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 am

"Well considering we JUST fought off a pile o' relic-crazed cultists, I'd say it's more likely than ye think, museum robbing. That griffon had some fine bags on him, the one that did got away from my pick." Land Lobber interjects. "If its valuable to them, who be knowin', maybe changelings be doin' mercenary work now?"

The minotaur knew the issue the Doctor was having. He was torn between wanting to succeed in the mark, or to gloat and gain respect from others on his abilities. From what he understood, the pony had that internal fight frequently. You become a lot more professional doing it to live, having no other way to support yourself. Though it wasn't in his contract, he'd still fight for his own proper right to loot (granted to him by the green zebra lady), and that meant covering for the terrible liar.

"I ain't implying nothing, but lacking the evidence to the con-trary..." The phrase is left in the air, but no threatening tone accompanied what could very easily be a threat.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Healing Torch looked suspiciously at Death Ray, his eyes narrowing. "Interesting way to put it, Doc..."
RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Well considering we JUST fought off a pile o' relic-crazed cultists, I'd say it's more likely than ye think, museum robbing. That griffon had some fine bags on him, the one that did got away from my pick." Land Lobber interjects. "If its valuable to them, who be knowin', maybe changelings be doin' mercenary work now?"

The minotaur knew the issue the Doctor was having. He was torn between wanting to succeed in the mark, or to gloat and gain respect from others on his abilities. From what he understood, the pony had that internal fight frequently. You become a lot more professional doing it to live, having no other way to support yourself. Though it wasn't in his contract, he'd still fight for his own proper right to loot (granted to him by the green zebra lady), and that meant covering for the terrible liar.

"I ain't implying nothing, but lacking the evidence to the con-trary..." The phrase is left in the air, but no threatening tone accompanied what could very easily be a threat.
Healing Torch turned back to the mare. "That's a really good point. So who sent you? Who are you working for? And why the buck did you bring your... I'm gonna assume that's your daughter, why did you bring her with you?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:38 pm

The mare and filly stopped cold in their reunion as Torch turned his horn towards them. The mother rose unsteadily to her feet, pushing the filly behind her and spreading her wings wide to hide her completely from sight. If her legs seemed unsteady, the glare she turned on Torch at that moment was anything but. She blinked, taking a step back as they all began to argue amongst themselves about her. "I'm here because I thought it would be nice to take my daughter to the museum." She responds with a snort when she's asked again. "I LIVE in this city. I have for years." She motions the guards behind her, the medic still looking a little shook up while the other two continue to watch quietly. "I even went and introduced myself for what I am to captain Silver Scowl or whatever his name is specifically to avoid things like this." She gave another snort in annoyance. "Fat lot of good that did...!" She muttered quietly to herself. "Perfectly content to just stand there and let me be threatened by fire! I was better off with the hive!"
perception:

The guard seems to notice something and flies off cautiously down the hallway. Peering around the corner for a moment before quickly flying around it and disappearing from sight.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Dr. Death Ray frowned. He was happy to have the heat directed off of himself, but he didn't want some innocent Changelings... innocent Changelings? ...to, uh... become the scapegoats here.

"THERE! YA HAPPY NOW?!" Dr. D cut in, turning on the others, "I mean... Have you guys even been listening to yourselves?! This is wrong on so many levels. Come on! Whatever... whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Peace, love, and... and tolerance? All that other... uh... stuff... Equestria's supposed to stand for?"

-But doesn't, was the part the Doctor left out, all thanks to Celestia's undermining of any and all friendship lessons of real value.

"And look at them!" Motioning to the two Changelings, Dr. Death Ray shook his head furiously - getting caught up in the heat of the moment, "They're the victims here - and you're giving them the first degree?! You don't even have any proof they did anything wrong! You're only suspicious of them because of the color of their..." the Doctor paused, "Carapace..."

Dr. D threw up his hooves in frustration, "I mean, COME ON! You said it yourself Torch. What villain takes their daughter with them when they go to commit a crime? Helloooooo? Was it, like, 'Take Your Daughter to Work Day' down at the Hive?"

Shaking his head, Dr. Death Ray crossed his forelegs, "They don't need this now, and... and even if they were fit for questioning, they shouldn't have to answer to... to anypony. Last time I checked... um... this was a free-" yet failing "-country."

Dr. D turned back to the Changeling mother, took off his goggles, and bowed his head. "I'm... I'm really sorry about this mam."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm

"Oy, simmer down a bit. Everyone is just a little on edge, eh?" Land Lobber hold his hands high. "Ya know society don't work that way, I and ya be proof of it doc. A cult attacks, kills many innocents, mares and foals included, they set up main base in a museum, and in the same museum is a pair o' changelings, which are not historically be having the most... symbiotic relations with the law. If it were ten hunnerd years back durin' the minotaur-griffon wars and they found me hidin' nearby an act o' terrorism, even caused by an unrelated party, I'd expect some suspicions. Wouldn't appreciate it, but expect it."

He then looks at the pitiful creatures beneath him, and sighs. "If ye told Cap'n'Bat though, I not be seeing an issue. Yer either then really confident spies, in which case I be doubting we could take yeah, or yer innocent, in which case I be doubting we could take yeah. So either way, my apologies for mah rash conduct, everyling. Young'un, yer gunna have a bad time if ye try to be yerself, trust me, but only by havin' a bad time do yea get to make good times, fer yerself and fer those who come after. Free life lesson an' all."

He then looks away, perhaps in embarrassment at the apology, not good for pirate cred, those, and turns about, back facing the group.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Dr Blight wrote:The cultist chuckles slightly. "Our base of operations was it ma'am? Why in every city, in every town, in every slum in the Kingdom of Equestria's reach." He chuckled a little more, blood welling up past his lips as he did. "We attacked this sty because that old fool Ironhoof had found one of our lords artifacts and we wanted it back. As for another, I only know of one. Supposedly one of them was lost at sea not too far off the coast and that its magic called something up from the depths!" He burst into a heavy fit of coughing.
checks:

"I am sorry I can do nothing for you but I thank you for the information... This new development is troubling it does appear that we are now fighting now something far larger than what I at the very least expected at first however at the very least we have a lead as to where another one of the artifacts... " Ragnarok only now notices Hallyn's predicament "Please do not tell me that there was a fail safe upon the spell that afflicted you?"

Dr Blight wrote:The guard seems to notice something and flies off cautiously down the hallway. Peering around the corner for a moment before quickly flying around it and disappearing from sight.

" Shall we follow?"

Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next