Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 35 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  SubjectZ Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:18 am

Torch shakes his head and says, "Aoi, listen to me. I appreciate your condolences, but I can't give this up. There deaths were not natural, or peaceful, or kind. They were brutally slaughtered in the primes of their lives, and I won't stop until that wrong is righted, no matter what I have to give to do so. And my purpose here is just an extension of that goal. That's all I have to live for now. I have no home, no family, and certainly no job! This is it. I'm gonna help you all stop the Windigo King, and I'm going to bring them back, and if you will know anything about me, it's that I will let nothing stop me." He looks down, and says, "I'm sorry."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:33 am

Aoi shakes her head, "I'm sorry Torch. I cannot let you do that. It does not matter how one's time passes. Only that it has. If your goal was vengeance I would not stop you. You cannot have them back. Not the way they were. All you will accomplish is to defile them. Is that what you wish? To make their suffering unending? Do they not deserve peace all the more if their ends were violent? To live solely for the departed and to ignore your own life is to dishonor them. Find a new path to walk. One that would make them proud."

At the same time Aoi thinks to herself "Why do so many view violence as an unnatural end? Have they never seen a predator kill prey? Though I suppose it's easier for me to grasp, than ponies who do not hunt at all. It is this separation from the natural that I most detest about this one's equestrian goddesses. If he'd but grown up in Neighpon he would, I am sure, be able to see the vileness of the path he is trying to walk."
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:38 am

Torch looks up, his expression unreadable. "Do you think they have peace? How do you know? Nopony knows what comes after. I will bring them back, and then I can start living again. And I know they'll be proud of me. I know it." He looks strangely fervent now, his expression unsettling.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:45 am

Aoi raises an eyebrow, "Yeah um... as a deity of winter I'm pretty certain of these things actually. Death actually falls somewhat under my purview. But, I don't think you're going to listen to anything I say right now. I hope you calm down and figure out how to let go." Aoi follows this chain of thought thinking, "Because I would really hate having to do something drastic like breaking your horn."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:48 am

Torch stands up and says, "I somehow doubt it.But we can discuss this later. We should be going to the docks now.Come on, Aoi. Oh, one more thing. Sorry for the way we've been treating you. Even if you were being annoying, we were harsh. Now let's get out of here." He turns to leave.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:53 am

"Aoi?" She says to herself lowly in annoyance as she follows along, restraining herself from further response on the topic.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:28 pm

"Very...well then." Ragnarok steps away from the unicorn and turns toward Doctor Ray and Land Lobber. "We should be leaving for the docks now and Ray do not forget we will need to have a talk once we are in private." Once again she sends a brief glare towards the Villain before starting to walk. Almost immediately she pauses " After giving it some thought it might be prudent to check in with that young attempted thief however honestly I can only actually trust GREEG to behave himself in such a situation." With that she continues walking toward the docks.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Ugh... Why do I get the feeling she doesn't want to talk to me about the weather? Dr. Death Ray sighed, thinking to himself - and GREGG.

Professor Ragnarok probably just wants to talk to you about what you said to Princess Aoihime sir.

-And I really don't feel like hearing a lecture right now...

The Doctor rose to his hooves and started to trot after Raggie, but then GREGG zipped into his path.

Dr. Death Ray sir? What about your appointment?

Death Ray paused mid-stride. -Oh. Right.

"Uh... Raggie?" The Doctor called out hesitantly to his hippogriff ally, "I... um... kind of... er... have an... appointment... to make... I'm gonna have to... well... catch up. with. you. later? I guess? That is... unless..." Dr. D raised an eyebrow, looking from Ragnarok to Land Lobber quizzically, "unless you guys want to come to...?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Ragnarok stops and turns towards the Villain and thinks for a moment. " It would appear that there are no other real options that would be favorable." She then signals Death Ray to lead the way.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:16 am

"As long as we nae be bein' late fer huntin' down the cultists, comin' along ain't interferein' with any other jobs, mates." Land Lobber agrees. He gives a bow and a hand wave for the Doctor to lead the way. After all, he knew not what path he has yet chosen, only that he now at least has one. Hopefully it would be an interesting walk.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:15 pm

After hearing confirmation from the others, the Doctor nodded. To be honest, he was a little surprised they actually wanted to come, but he didn't mind the company.

"Well... uh..." he stammered, "let's... let's get going then..." Taking point, Death Ray began leading the way down the only path heading out of the university, GREGG's shiny gold form hovering alongside him. "I'd... er... explain exactly what this was all about... but..." the Doctor's eyes scanned every pony they passed as he added, "-but it might be best not to speak of it out in the open... on the street... where anypony can hear us... when I don't want them to... -And besides..." Dr. D shrugged, looking back over his shoulder at the others, "I can't even say that... uh... that I understand it much myself - what's going on, that is - just yet... That's why I'm going back to talk with somepony who can... hopefully... fill me in... So yeah..."

-It didn't cross the Doctor's mind to ask about Healing Torch or the Princess at the time, but as he, Raggie, and Land Lobber continued down the street, they eventually caught up with the unicorn and dragonnel anyway.

Out of the Doctor and his robotic companion, GREGG was the first to spot them...

"Look boss!" GREGG's red eye lit up, "The plane! The plane!"

"Whaaaa?"

"Oh - pardon me sir. Too many old reruns of Fantasy Island... But up ahead - my visual sensors are detecting Dr. Torch and Princess Aoihime. They didn't kill each other after all sir!"

-The Doctor tried to hide his disappointment - at least as far as the Princess was concerned... and instead, spotting the other two, Death Ray raised a hoof and shouted, "HEY TORCH!" - He thought it best to just ignore the Princess for now. Don't talk to her... Don't look at her... Pretend she isn't there... He still felt guilty for making her cry, but he wasn't going to give her reason to gloat by offering something as simple as an immediate apology... She'd be lucky if she got an apology at all - or at least, that's what the Doctor told himself...

Death Ray trotted up to the medical doctor, continuing to pay no attention to Aoi as he said, "It's good we caught up with you before you got too far away from us. Look, I didn't get a chance to mention before - I'm really sorry about it too - but I have this one appointment I need to keep before we head to the docks. Land Lobber and Raggie already agreed to accompany me to do the thing at the place. You can come too if you want..." Death Ray paused, frowning, "Torch..."

Don't look at the draggonel, don't look at the draggonel, don't look at the draggonel...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:28 pm

For her part Aoi also ignored the Doctor..... aside from the fact that after turning from him to nod in greeting to Ragnarok and Land Lobber she snapped her left claw's fingers in his direction and a small personal sized cloud appeared over him and began to rain on him. (Note: Not GREGG, just DR.)

Weather Crafting to get a raincloud that follows DR around: 18 + 8 = 26 (+5 from HoC if needed)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:04 am

Torch looked back in surprise at the others, and listened to Doc for a moment before saying, "Yeah, sure, I'll tag along, as long as we bring Aoi, we came to an... agreement. Also, we better be quick about it, because we need to be at the docks soon."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:30 am

"Ain't it being grand we be gettin' along famously and not be plannin' and complainin' 'bout each others behind our backs 'n such but gettin' it all out?" His voice was jovial, as always, wearing his heart on his sleeve. He may be a jerk, a murderer, a thief, and a two-faced liar, but he had his honest reputation to lie on and make efforts to follow it. And yes, in his own mind that makes perfect sense. "In fact, it be reminding me of a funny story. See, this captain from the area 'round here, he wanted to go up ta the island where we ourselves be goin' just tonight, with a mighty crew o' the most menacing and strongest privateers in the land at the time, clearly of the time since I did not be being there, but ya see, there's something fishy 'bout the land in the waters..." (Unless interrupted, Land Lobber will explain his learned at the library information... In an unnecessarily long format of the first draft of this version of a new old sea tale.)

"And by the way Doc, that cloud be followin' ya, care for a bit o' shelter to keep dry fer yer date?" Lobber holds out his sailcloth, holding it between and wrapped around arms like a canopy.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 am

Aoi gives Land Lobber an annoyed look for his interference in her and the doctor's silent squabble and then explains what she found out about the Ruby Knights, the sightings in the Maw, and the different (and icky) types of zombies she found out about. When she finishes she adds, "In light of what I discovered about how dangerous the Windigo King's and Verana's artifacts could be if used improperly and Healing Torch's plans, I suggest that someone else from now on be the caretaker of the necklace."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:03 pm

"Did somepony hear something?" Death Ray pretended to glance around, flicking up his rain soaked ears before shaking his head, "No? My bad... It... it must have been the wind - Oh! Wait. Scratch that. Not the wind." The Doctor grinned spitefully, "A... A load of hot air? Yes. A load of hot air - or... or maybe gas? Yeah, that sounds about right."

Don't you think you're going a bit far with this sir? - GREGG's thoughts entered the Doctor's mind.

Nope! Clearing his throat, the Death Ray then went on to add (in over-dramatic fashion), "Well, I for one sure am... sure am glad that Torch is the caretaker of Verana's necklace... Yeah... I suggest he stays the caretaker... stays it for good."

Shaking the rain from his hoodie, the Doctor then took a moment to nod up at Lobber, "Thanks BTW. You're a lifesaver - you're not worried about getting wet though? -Oh... and... uh..." Death Ray grinned nervously, running a hoof through his spiky mane, "It's... it's not a date I'm going on - Really... You, uh, you got it all wrong... Really."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Aoi twitches and clearly tenses up as she slowly turns to face the doctor, her eyes blazing with ire. As she does so the rain instantly evaporates and the clouds go away (aside from the doctor's personal raincloud) and the temperature raises about 20 degrees.

Weather-Crafting: 18 + 8 = 26
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Ragnarok promptly smacks Death Ray upside the head. "At the moment I have half a mind to turn one you in to the proper authorities and give the other a muti-hour lecture on etiquette and curtsy that is expected for one of their stature. Now I am currently the one in possession of the of the necklace and I am sorry Doctor Torch but I can not trust you with it given what you plan on doing with artifacts of similar power. Yes I know know of your plans and what I believe is your reasoning. I sorry for your loss..."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:35 pm

"OW!" Death Ray rubbed his head, grimacing at Raggie. "If you ask me - you should give Princess over there," he nodded towards Aoi, "a lecture and then turn her in to the proper authorities - though I loath to admit it. -She beat up one of our own for Dastardly Deeds sake - or have you forgotten?" Death Ray looked around at the others, "Please, somepony tell me I'm not the only one bothered by this. Villains at least have some rhyme or reason, some code of conduct - but she's crazy! How are we supposed to trust her?"

Last edited by XandZero2 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Aoi opens her mouth to object but, thinks better of it as she thinks to herself that clearly she just can't expect to be treated with proper respect with these people. "At least the Professor is making something of an attempt" she thinks, as she notes that apparently Healing Torch is also a doctor. "Or rather, actually a doctor unlike Death Ray likely pretends at being."

She turns away from the "Doctor" as he whines, knowing he lacks the ability to make anything of what he must consider some kind of threat. Not that she can fathom how he images what he's suggesting would result in anything more than a mild annoyance for her and anything less than a serious problem for himself.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Ragnarok sighs. "Those desperate for support should not turn away aid where it is offered. Torch if you would not mind me sharing some details that would be considered personal I will explain that situation to Ray. Also I doubt that anyone of us would meet more than one definition of sane."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Aoi looks the Professor in the eyes, at this point somewhat amused in a dark sort of way, trying to communicate that Ragnarok is at this point treading in rather dangerous waters.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Oh. My. Discord. - She's gonna... she's gonna kill me! Death Ray thought as he tried to return Aoi's evil gaze, I'm t-too young to die... I haven't even conquered the world yet... become a member of the Legion... kissed... kissed a mare... The Doctor shook himself, -No. No. You... you can do this Death Ray. Just don't show her your fear... Dragons... Dragons can smell fear... Like sharks... superheroes... or salesponies...

Salesponies sir?

Of course - salesponies.

You know she's just a kid sir. You should cut her some slack.

What? So... so she can eat me? Hah! Mwahahaha - I neigh!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:47 pm

Torch watches the two bickering, and is about to say something to the effect of, FOR LUNA'S SAKE DROP IT!, but is interrupted by Ragnarok's inquiry. His face darkens and he says, "...Sure. Let's see exactly what details you might have."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:36 pm

"Very well though I must note that something seems off about you at the moment... Is there something wrong if you need someone to speak to I will listen. Now to the explanation. Aoi, Torch, and myself had stopped a student that had attempted to steal the necklace she sought to use it to cast a wish. Aoi gave a rather harsh warning to the student likely thinking that she would try to go after the Windigo King's artifacts unfortunately Torch had similar circumstances and thoughts and so was projecting himself onto her. So he at first tried to subvert Aoi's warning but naturally she took offence and Torch reacted in a similar manner. I attempted to intervene between them but by that point emotions had clouded both of their judgments. This lead to their brief fight and after which I decided to attempt to explain to Aoi why Torch had acted that way. I shall not repeat the entirety of my deductions but instead I shall give a summary. Unable to provide a reason that would not be incriminating to come to this island raised red flag in my mind, mentioned books of necromatic magic at time noted to be poor humor, overly large amount of empathy to the death of the student's relative and immediate defense of of the student and more importantly his defense of her plan. Current conclusion someone close to him died and he came here looking for a way to revive them. Additionally there one thought that I can not fully support Changelings were somehow responsible of the death the only thing supporting this is a bout of speciesism toward Changelings. I must admit that most of this is just conjecture and just my own thoughts. "
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next