Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
Yawnmon
8 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 20 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Ramsus wrote:Whisper puts her chin on her hoof and considers for a moment then speaks up, "Ok, well since griffon blood would probably do more harm than good I think Gleeda and Buck should probably deal with carrying the heavy stuff. Professor Mug probably shouldn't be giving blood right now so and I think I'll need his help with dealing with the shock. I guess that leaves donating blood up to Blade and maybe myself later. So Professor, think you're up for some magical medical science experimentation?"

"I'm always up for some magical medical science experimentation." He nods to Whisper and TLC. "Since this your two's show, what do you need me to do?"

Spoiler:
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 am

"Um... You 100% sure that griffon blood is useless?" Gleeda asked, just making sure.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:06 am

"Also, I not sure we've necessarily have a blood type match, come to think of it. Do we have any bags of saline, ringer's or glucose drip? My first aid training is a little spotty, but from what I remember, the first priority is to stop the bleeding*, and after that restore fluid volume, which can be done through either of those three, though obviously the glucose drip doesn't restore electrolytes."

*:
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:08 am

Whisper shakes her head and asks, "What do they teach you in griffon school? Actually, do griffons even go to school? If not that'd explain a lot..."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:55 pm

"Hey!" Buck growls, "What the buck Whisper?" Buck stood up on his hind legs and crossed his arms, looking at the sock-white pony in a very dissaproving manner, "The buckin' royal princess of Griffenland would only have the finest buckin' instuctors in all the nation!" Then he glanced around awkwardly, coughed, and added, "Though... uh... doesn't mean she actually listened to 'em."

At this point TLC slowly raises a hesitant hoof, "Um... Excuse me. I don't want to interrupt, but... actually, i-it's a little known fact, but..." her eyes dart back and forth nervously between the party and the floor, "Griffon a-and Pony blood... are biologically identical. I-It could work j-just as well as a Pony's..."

The nursing attendant slowly lowers her hoof back to the ground and blushed, "A-And... I... know a spell... to, um... to change blood types...so that's not a problem really..."

She starts staring at her hoof intently as she traces little circles in the floor. "Um... And... the patient isn't... actually... bleeding..." She shakes her head, "I-I don't know what happened to the poor thing... but h-he's lost a lot of fluids... That's why I said he was dehydrated before... though he's lost more blood than pure water... Looks like it... might've been magically siphoned from his body...?"

"A-And... as for the saline, ringers, and glucose drips...?" TLC cringes, "We... um... we sort of had these students...? A-And they heard that the drips had salt and sugar in them... they kind of broke into the supplies... this week... and... took all the drips... We're out until we get another shipment in from our supplier... but we do have the tools for a transfusion..."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Coffee facehoofs. "Really? What has this world coming to? Students stealing medical supplies?" He pauses. "Alright. Alright. So what do we need to do first?"

OOC:History check on sugar smuggling.
Roll(1d20)+9:
9,+9
Total:18
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:00 pm

"My name is Zuna, spoken true. A pleasure, sister, to meet you." She says in a similarly quiet tone, nodding slightly in a half-bow of greeting, as she watches the others go down into the sewers. Readying herself for her turn.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:18 pm

In the Alley...

"And I am Zwana," the Vodun mare returns Chitin's half-bow with one of her own, "It is an honor (pronounced hon-ah)."

She falls silent again as the two of you reach the ponyhole and take turns descending into the depths of the sewers. The first thing that hits you is the overwhelming reek of sewage. It smells like a steaming pile of spew, and as you climb down 15 feet (hooves?) and hit concrete, the smell gets even stronger. As you try to hold your dinner, you look around and quickly realize it's pitch black down here. Thankfully you have Nightvision, and unless your new Vodun friends are trotting blind - apparently they all have Nightvision too.

Ahead and behind stretch out long sewer tunnels that go on as far as the eye can see, with concrete walkways on either side of a channel of brackish, green waters flowing in one direction - the same direction that the rest of the Vodun seem to be heading. Falling into step with the rest of the Zebra, you continue down the sewer tunnels two abreast with Zwana at your side.

"This is my least favorite part of the trip," Zwana continues to speak in hushed tones while shaking her head, "when we go into the sewer and take a dip. I never get over the smell of this place, I really wish we could speed up the pace..."

Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Health Center...

TLC glances up and looks at everypony in turn, somewhat surprised, "D-does that mean you all want to h-help?"

Buck simply nods (and I'll assume Blade does the same for the time being - Yawn, if you're not okay with that, I can always edit this post).

TLC smiles shyly, returning her gaze to the floor again, "Oh-Okay... um... In that case, the uh... I need a... a Pony... or Griffon... or two to go get the transfusion equipment," the unicorn nursing attendant points to a green set of swinging double doors, "it's... just past those d-doors... down the hall... take a... take a left at the fork... and a right at the spoon... and... and cut between the ER and the Morgue... then turn around at the donut... take a corkscrew past the nursing station... then a shuttle-loop through the anti-gravity chamber... spin around on your hooves three times while chanting, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home"... then pat your head and rub your belly... and you should see the storage room at the end of the hallway. Y-You can't m-miss it."

TLC pauses for a second, thinking, then glances up at Whisper, "Um... Y-You and I should be able to... to patch up the two bruised patients while they're getting the equipment... a-and..." She turns to Coffee Mug, "Maybe you can... treat the patients suffering from shock? Their blood pressure's extremely high from all the stress on their hearts. Their breathing's erratic too. They need oxygen and to be calmed down qu-quickly... We've got oxygen masks in the cabinet there," TLC points to the one, "But as to h-how to calm them..." She looks at Coffee's horn, then adds hesitantly, "Maybe by... m-magical means? Their stress c-could be... psychologically induced, maybe... Could you delve into their minds to see what the... what the problem is - or... maybe you could do something to wake them... gently? Maybe somepony should help you... with that...?"

She looks at the rest of you uncertainly.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Coffee telekinetically moves the oxygen masks and tanks out of the cabinet and applies them to the injured ponies.

He then projects calming emotions to them as well.

OOC: Emotion projectioin. Arcane check
Roll(1d20)+17:
13,+17
Total:30

Last edited by Cardbo on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 pm

XandZero2 wrote:TLC smiles shyly, returning her gaze to the floor again, "Oh-Okay... um... In that case, the uh... I need a... a Pony... or Griffon... or two to go get the transfusion equipment," the unicorn nursing attendant points to a green set of swinging double doors, "it's... just past those d-doors... down the hall... take a... take a left at the fork... and a right at the spoon... and... and cut between the ER and the Morgue... then turn around at the donut... take a corkscrew past the nursing station... then a shuttle-loop through the anti-gravity chamber... spin around on your hooves three times while chanting, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home"... then pat your head and rub your belly... and you should see the storage room at the end of the hallway. Y-You can't m-miss it."
"You must be bucking with us... No way is the layout of this place THAT needlessly complex requiring us to do magical ritual-ish actions to move anywhere." Gleeda comments, just linefacing at the route that TLC suggested.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 pm

While Whisper went about helping TLC, she also gave Coffee Mug tips and suggestions for how to ease a pony's mind and get them back out of their shell. Not that ponies literally have shells, which she was quick to note in case he got confused.

Aiding CM's roll. Heal: 12 + 11 = 23. Reminder, my aid checks grant +4.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:18 am

Ramsus wrote:While Whisper went about helping TLC, she also gave Coffee Mug tips and suggestions for how to ease a pony's mind and get them back out of their shell. Not that ponies literally have shells, which she was quick to note in case he got confused.

Aiding CM's roll. Heal: 12 + 11 = 23. Reminder, my aid checks grant +4.

"Thanks Whisper."

OOC:This puts my roll at 34. With another assist I can move it to 35+

Looking at TLC and tapping his chin with hoof. "You know. There might be something else helpful I could do here. Could I try to copy your famliarity with this building and where the equipment to Gleeda here, and anypony else who wants to go with here. I'm not sure how well it'd work, but would you like to try?" Turning to Gleeda "And would you be okay with that as well?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:11 am

"You're d-doing great... uh... mummy guy..." TLC mutters, glancing back at Coffee while helping Whisper wrap up one guard in such a way that he could've been the professor's long-lost twin, "J-Just take it slow. Don't p-push yourself too hard..."

As she says this, TLC's horn glows yellow and Coffee feels rejuvenating energy flow through his body, allowing him to put more magic into his calming waves, and as you follow Whisper's added advice, you begin to sense your two patients responding - though their minds still seem to be in a horrible flux of nightmare emotions.

Spoiler:

TLC glances back to Gleeda sheepishly as she continues aiding Whisper, "S-Sorry... it made sense to me..."

-And when Coffee offers his plan to scan her mind, TLC shrugs, "I-I don't mind... I think..."

"Whatever you're gonna buckin' do, better do it buckin' quick." Buck grumbles, standing up beside Gleeda and Blade on his hind legs, his arms crossed, his toe-talons tapping impatiently on the tiled floor, looking back and forth between Whisper, TLC, Coffee, and the last, palest of the guard-turned-patients. The big Griffon shook his head, "Not sure what I can buckin' do, besides help with the heavy liftin' - and all the buckin' suspense is killin' me!"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:20 am

Cardbo wrote:Looking at TLC and tapping his chin with hoof. "You know. There might be something else helpful I could do here. Could I try to copy your famliarity with this building and where the equipment to Gleeda here, and anypony else who wants to go with here. I'm not sure how well it'd work, but would you like to try?" Turning to Gleeda "And would you be okay with that as well?"
"No... Normally I would not be OK with mental magics at all... But I guess I can trust you given the mind-link thing we did. And would speed things up." Gleeda said with a sigh.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:08 am

Chitin simply gagged quietly to herself and nodded in response to Zwana, bringing a hoof over her mouth for a moment. "And ponies would claim that home smelled foul..." she thought to herself.

roll:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Looking at TLC and tapping his chin with hoof. "You know. There might be something else helpful I could do here. Could I try to copy your famliarity with this building and where the equipment to Gleeda here, and anypony else who wants to go with here. I'm not sure how well it'd work, but would you like to try?" Turning to Gleeda "And would you be okay with that as well?"
"No... Normally I would not be OK with mental magics at all... But I guess I can trust you given the mind-link thing we did. And would speed things up." Gleeda said with a sigh.

"Ok, lets give this a try. TLC, can you concentrate on your memories of walking this building, particularly concentrate on your memories of where the equipment." Coffee waits until she nods in agreement and continues. "Ok, Gleeda, are you ready?" Coffee waits until she also nods before continuing.

OOC:Arcane roll. Transferring TLC's familiarity of the layout of the building and knowledge of where the equipment is to Gleeda.
Roll(1d20)+17:
2,+17
Total:19
Whew Too close. At least its not a 1.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:26 pm

At the Health Center...

While the others talked amongst themselves about memory swapping, Whisper finished where she and TLC had left off - wrapping the second of the badly beaten guards like a Hearth's Warming Eve Present, finishing the job with a nice green-and-red striped bow, which she applied proudly to the guard's forehead. Both guards' injuries had been pretty severe - but Whisper knew their injuries weren't nothing a few weeks in traction couldn't fix!

-And thinking of traction, Whisper took the next few minutes to string up the two guards in all the right places to maximize blood flow - within the guards' bodies, not without it.

Spoiler:

Meanwhile as Coffee Mug attempts to reach into TLC's mind and transfer her memories to Gleeda, he quickly realizes he must have taken a wrong turn at the left ventricle. He doesn't find TLC's memories of the storage room, but he does instead find an excellent recipe for double baked, double-chunked, double-doughed, double-dutch chocolate chip cookies. This, in turn, gets transferred to Gleeda's mind as well - which makes you both have a suddenly strong craving for cookies and milk...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down in the Sewers...

Chitin continues to follow the rest of the Vodun on through the tunnels, making multiple turns and swtich-backs along the way. At times you're forced to leap across the sewage channel to the opposite side of the walkway, and each time you hope for Chrysalis you don't slip up and fall into that stuff - it smells worse than a newborn Changeling's regurgitated dirty diaper.

After one such jump Zwana looks to you, and still speaking softly, askes, "So, I'd find it interesting to know, but how did your initiation go? How did you come to join our group, and who was it that put you in the loop?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Gleeda grumbles. "Now I'm both hungry and without a clue how to get the imporant medical stuff..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 am

"You were thinking about cookies, weren't you?" Seeing TLC's forlorn expression, he adds. "Well, those sound like some really good cookies. Anyway, can I try that again?"

OOC:Acquired 1X Cookie Recipe!

"Ok, think of the building and where everything is..."

OOC:Take two!
Roll(1d20)+17:
4,+17
Total:21
Seriously?

Last edited by Cardbo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:59 am

Whisper clamps her hooves over TLC's ears to help her shut out other distractions.

Aiding CM with....Precision I guess? : 5 + 14 = 19. Hope that's enough for an aid. Again, +4 if it is.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 am

OOC:I was just about to ask for an assist with that. Wink

"Thanks Whisper. That should help a lot."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:33 am

As Coffee's horn flares up again and he concentrates on TLC's mind, he starts to envision a moderate-sized room full of cots, five of which have occupants in them. Buck's there, and Blade, and Gleeda. There's even this one poor sap wrapped up like a Neighgyptian mummy, wearing green glasses and... wait a minute. That's when Coffee realizes he's not seeing into TLC's mind, but through her eyes.

"I-Is it working?" TLC asks timidly, looking all around the room so fast and nervously that she starts to make Coffee dizzy.

Realizing that something's still wrong, Buck walks up to the nursing attendant. TLC bites her lip when she sees the Griffon looming up over her, but then Buck simply takes a note from Whisper, cupping his claws over the Unicorn's eyes. "This better?" He growls, glancing back to Coffee for assurance.

With TLC's eyes effectively neutralized, Coffee focuses deeper into her mind, sensing something... something... something that smells like... cologne?

-A mental image of a bottle of Gucci Griffon brand buck's cologne pops into Coffee's head.

Taking a hint, Blade trots up and puts a hoof over TLC's nose...

-And Coffee senses... an image of the swinging d-doors leading out the room... then down the hall - an incredibly long hall... 'He' takes a left at a fork... and a right at the spoon- a real plastic spoon in the middle of a psychedelic rainbow pathway of floating pixies and flying sugarplums... and... and then he cuts between the ER and the Morgue... which look like black pits of howling winds and desolate wastelands that spit clouds of bats on leathery wings out from their open doorways... then he turns around at the donut - the biggest donut he's ever seen (creme filled)... takes a corkscrew past the nursing station while zipping around and around, seeming to run along both the walls and ceiling... then there's a shuttle-loop through the anti-gravity chamber... a spin around on your hooves three times while chanting, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home"... then a pat of your head and rub of your belly... and then he sees the storage room at the end of the hallway glowing as bright as burnished gold. He feels that he can't m-miss it...

And yet Coffee somehow feels that something's still amiss here...

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:32 am

"I fear that if I try to speak, my dinner again I shall soon meet!" Chitin responded quickly before clamping her mouth closed again. It was only half an excuse really, she'd rather not breathe more than she had to in here.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:00 am

Gleeda tries her best to help motavate Coffee Mug as best as the Griffon could. "You can do this! After all it can't be that hard, your just linking up two different minds in ways that may unknowingly harm either myself or the nurse in ways that even we might never fully realize until pointed out by somebody who knew us well enough to notice such jarring mental changes..."

Persuasion check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Back at the Health Center...

When Gleeda mentioned "ways that may unknowingly harm either myself or the nurse in ways that even we might never fully realize" Whisper must have slipped up a bit with the hooves she had covering TLC's ears, because in response the nursing attendant let out a high-pitched squeak of a screech - and the sudden jolt of fear to her brain must of shook something loose. One moment Coffee's mind was spinning around the world's largest donut - and the next he was seeing a path through the Health Center that actually made sense!

The 'spoon' was a smiling cartoon character on a poster of the food pyramid that had been stuck to the wall at the top of a T-shaped hall intersection, the ER and the Morgue were... well... the ER and the Morgue... which were actually facing each other across a hallway, the 'donut' was a type of fancy rounded, circular couch with chocolate-brown cushions (some kind of patient seating in part of the hall), the 'anti-gravity chamber' was the X-Ray room, and past the X-Ray room was a restricted area with a security door that had a magical passcode access - apparently to make the door open, you had to spin around on your hooves three times while chanting, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home"... then pat your head...

Rubbing your belly seemed optional...

As well as doing corkscrews and shuttle-loops...

The storage room was just beyond the security door - you couldn't miss it - and Coffee transferred all that information to Gleeda.

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down in the Sewer...

"Oh... Okay then..." Zwana sighed, shaking her head, "I do not wish to offend." Chitin could tell the Zebra seemed significantly disappointed by her response though. Zwana fell silent as the two of you continued trotting on, then after a moment, she added, "Forgive me if my chatter, it does annoy, I do not wish too much speech to employ. It is just so boring to take this route, I would much rather have somepony to talk it out..."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next