Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

+31
ZamuelNow
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Z2
Hayatecooper
Jason Shadow
Grey Pen The Flawed
Kindulas
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
belze
Whiteeyes
Nehiel Mori
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
elfowlgirl
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
LoganAura
Appkes
RavenscroftRaven
Videocrazy
SilentBelle
Philadelphus
Stairc -Dan Felder
MirrorImage
Masterweaver
AlicornPriest
35 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

Post  Appkes Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:51 pm

I can't seem to find Talent Show anywhere.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

Post  LoganAura Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:06 pm

RR- That might be because the Living Legends-- Pony Tales without actual ponies in it, targeted for your everyday D&D players- have those stats. Good catch.
Appkes: Talent Show is here, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RlLt55GtkJhBWbJO4bsI4GzfBFwYA13OhUhXeM1PPJk/edit
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Is that the complete Talent Show Expansion; as in final and ready to be released version? It doesn't seem like it, but I can accept that the developers had their reasons if it is.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Dan posted it on the FiD forums, so I think it's the released one. Dan'd need to give the final word though.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) - Page 2 Empty MASSIVE CHANGE

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:05 pm

The racial barriers to utility talents have been eliminated. Now anyone can take any utility talent, provided that they can justify it flavor-wise. Want your earth pony to fly? Just flavor it as having a flying contraption. Want your pegasus to cast spells? Just have em bring some of those magic potions we see in the episodes.

It's that easy.

Because of this, Twitchy Tail has been dropped to 1/Session. Otherwise everyone tends to take it and some playtest groups have had 8 questions to ask every gaming session. That's a bit too much.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Huzzah!
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Only think I ask is... Why is Athletics now renamed Brawn? I'm not complaining, just wondering why that change was made... It seems like a bit of an oddball one to me. But whatever. I don't mind.

Now remember the Changelings are the race that NEEDS the most help given how they were built to take advanjve of the Racial Barriers.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Only think I ask is... Why is Athletics now renamed Brawn? I'm not complaining, just wondering why that change was made... It seems like a bit of an oddball one to me. But whatever. I don't mind.

Now remember the Changelings are the race that NEEDS the most help given how they were built to take advanjve of the Racial Barriers.

The renaming happened because saying, "stunts" was a little odd and not necessarily related to physical power. In fact, most stunts have heavy acrobatic components. Athletics is a bit more intuitive and a more common term than, "stunts" - which helps with newer players.

Now, the reason I changed it here is because we used Brawn and athletics instead of athletics and stunts in the living legends system, and writing two versions of every talent that deals with them, as well as destinies and such, would be really hard for us to keep track of between systems. Having the systems be nearly identical will be a great help in speeding new updates for both systems.

And yep, Changelings will get cool pimp stuff.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Are you going to rename the old talents, or do we have to update all of our pages ourselves?
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:04 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:Are you going to rename the old talents, or do we have to update all of our pages ourselves?

What do you mean by, 'rename'?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Oh, derp on my part >.>

I misread one of the talent names, sorry for the trouble!
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:12 pm

No problem. =)

Talent Show update will be up in minutes.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Pinky Promise's description is still fluffed for LL.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:22 pm

A for Appkes wrote:Pinky Promise's description is still fluffed for LL.

Thanks. I'll fix that.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:16 pm

A good deal of the Talent show has LL wording... I'd suggest you fixie asap.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:A good deal of the Talent show has LL wording... I'd suggest you fixie asap.

I believe it, it was copy and pasted. Can you point out what needs fixing?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Flame On! should be: To Hot to Handle

Sense of Direction: should be Thattaway!

The fun has been doubled says: Virtue of Laughter...

Never Truly Lost should be: It Was Behind The Sofa All Along!

Metalcrafting should be: Magneto is Best Pony

Steadfast Ally should be: I’ll Rainbow Dash To Your Side

Gratitude should be: You’re All My Very Best Friends

And that's all I've found so far... Also would suggest some of them need a little more pony-ish flavor with the newer stuff. But that's just me...

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Well Assassin's Brand sticks out as one example.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Flame On! should be: To Hot to Handle

Sense of Direction: should be Thattaway!

The fun has been doubled says: Virtue of Laughter...

Never Truly Lost should be: It Was Behind The Sofa All Along!

Metalcrafting should be: Magneto is Best Pony

Steadfast Ally should be: I’ll Rainbow Dash To Your Side

Gratitude should be: You’re All My Very Best Friends

And that's all I've found so far... Also would suggest some of them need a little more pony-ish flavor with the newer stuff. But that's just me...

Noted. Most have been changed, though somethings - like metalcrafting - are staying the same. Certain titles like, "Magneto is Best Pony" were more playtest names than actual names.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Jack of All Trades was Applejack of All Trades.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:00 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:Jack of All Trades was Applejack of All Trades.

Thanks! Fixed.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Sadly, going to have to nerf Earth Ponies with the expanded utility talent options. They're way too unbalanced now. They outclass everyone else like crazy. Just going to remove the assist bonus from them.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Actually, now that we've gone out and assigned point values to all racial traits (thanks to Ramsus for the idea), its clear that a lot of races are of very different power levels. The Buffalo for example is much weaker than the insanely overpowered Minotaur.

Luckily, thanks to this new system, it's a lot easier to see what the real powers of the races is. This is helping us rebalance existing races even as it opens up brand new options. Hallelujah.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 pm

If you were going to remove something from Earth Ponies wouldn't it be the Freaky Knowledge?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Ramsus wrote:If you were going to remove something from Earth Ponies wouldn't it be the Freaky Knowledge?

No, for a few reasons. But the main one is that Freaky Knowledge is less powerful and thus fits the balance, whereas the other ability is extremely powerful and keeping it in with Epic Pwny would still mean Earth Ponies were overpowered.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next