Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

+31
ZamuelNow
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Z2
Hayatecooper
Jason Shadow
Grey Pen The Flawed
Kindulas
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
belze
Whiteeyes
Nehiel Mori
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
elfowlgirl
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
LoganAura
Appkes
RavenscroftRaven
Videocrazy
SilentBelle
Philadelphus
Stairc -Dan Felder
MirrorImage
Masterweaver
AlicornPriest
35 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) Empty Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

Post  AlicornPriest Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Welcome to the Official Errata thread. Subscribe here to find out about instant updates to the game as they happen.

EDIT - Please don't post any questions or comments about Errata here anymore. We now have a thread specifically for that, so people that just want updates don't need to hear about all the discussion. Any posts by non-developers in this thread are going to be deleted.
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) Empty Re: Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

Post  Masterweaver Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Do we need to? They're in separate categories....

But if we must, call the Psion one Brain Blast.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) Empty Re: Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

Post  AlicornPriest Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Do we need to? They're in separate categories....

But if we must, call the Psion one Brain Blast.

Of course we do! (For the record, I goofed. It's an Ardent move, not a Psion.)
"Okay, I'm going to use Mind over Matter."
"Wait, so you're going to pick him up and throw him? Good idea!"
"No, it's my Ardent move!"

"Okay, now I'm going to use Mind over Matter. I spend a Magic Point and--"
"Uhh... nopony has any effects on them."
"No, I wanted to try picking him up and... oh, never mind."

"Okay, let's try Mind over Matter. I'm Weakened and Vulnerable 2, so I do--"
"You're a pegasus. How'd you get that Trait?"
"No, it's the Ardent move!"

"Let's see. If we try Mind over Mattering that anvil, we could--"
"No, we're in combat. You're not allowed to use Utility Traits."
"Then... I meant the other Mind over Matter!"
"...The one that removes status effects?"
"Yeah!"
"From an anvil?"
"It's totally Blind right now."
"..."
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MirrorImage Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:04 pm

Huh... so I wasn't going crazy about that...

*returns a Sanity point*

Though I wonder if the Ponykinesis talents don't need their names adjusted in general?

Master Ponykinesis becomes "Advanced Ponykinesis," and rename Mind Over Matter to "Master Ponykinesis?"
MirrorImage
MirrorImage
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:08 pm

MirrorImage wrote:Huh... so I wasn't going crazy about that...

*returns a Sanity point*

Though I wonder if the Ponykinesis talents don't need their names adjusted in general?

Master Ponykinesis becomes "Advanced Ponykinesis," and rename Mind Over Matter to "Master Ponykinesis?"

It's actually different from the Ponykineses. The Ponykineses (I'm not sure if that's right) are more of skills, whereas the Superlift ability (renamed until further notice) gives you a sudden burst of strength, like when Twilight picked up the Ursa Minor.
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Changes made to the names in line with Mirror-Image's suggestion. Master Ponykinesis has become Advanced Ponykinesis and Mind Over Matter has become Master Ponykinesis. The text has also changed to put it in line with Ponykinesis too.

New Errata!

Advanced Ponykinesis - 3/day
Preparation Time: 1 Minute
You may use Ponykinesis with a maximum weight limit of 100 lbs for 10 minutes.

Master Ponykinesis - Magic
Preparation Time: 1 Minute
You may use Ponykinesis with a maximum weight limit of 1,000 lbs for 10 minutes.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Ah, thanks for pointing that out AlicornPriest, it was bothering me too. I think the changes work well.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Excellent. Keep pointing these things out. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Fireswath finally changed. Heavy, heavy nerf. I've been saying the whole time it's probably too powerful and last night Videocrazy (I believe it was Videocrazy) finally broke it by applying extra-damage-effects to the power. Heck, if you slap divine boon or anything similar on a fireswath user, that added damage will blow up the room.

Fireswath was a design trap right now. The existance of such an efficient talent to damage all enemies meant that we'd be harshly limited in designing additional effects that improved damage. At [-3] and 1d10 it can be used much less frequently, and it's a bit better at its intended use as well (smashing hordes of enemies). Players can still pump up its damage, but it can't be used nearly as much any more.

[-3] Fireswath
Deal 1d10 damage to all enemies.

Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Substantial changes to several talents across both the player's handbook and equine power. Inky Quills (Karilyn) finally proved what I suspected about damage-adding powers, and managed to unleash a combo that blasted the group's enemies for 144 damage in a single turn. To be fair, the combo took about 5 or 6 rounds for her to finally get off after fizzling once and she required the dedicated help of Soaring Song (Oblivious) and the heroism of Scrapper (Newbiespud) to pull it off - but 144 damage is 144 damage. I've readjusted a few things to make such combinations require a bit more effort to unleash, or just general changes to smooth gameplay after the extensive playtesting in the last session. You can read up on the changes in the Player's Handbook and Equine Power respectively.

The errata-talents are...

Midnight’s blade
Syphon Life
Valor
Supercharge
Inspiring Tune
Wild Abandon
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Magnificent Melody and Savage Dreadought have both picked up minor rewrites.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Psychic Surge has received minor errata due to the combo Mr. Hero noted with Gather Energy. The power now works as it was intended to work, without crippling any other combinations with the power.

[+4] Psychic Surge
After you use your next talent, you are stunned (save ends).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:43 pm

I think this ability:
[-1] Quick Tempo [Free Action] [Created by The Warrior of Many Faces]
Target ally's place in the initiative order now comes directly after yours. (They take their turns as if they'd placed right after you in the initiative check)
Needs to have an extra clause stating that it can't be used on your next turn, or something to that effect. Otherwise you could have two ponies who both have this move and let's say any [+pip] attack and form an infinite loop between each other.

Of course I could be misunderstanding it.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:50 pm

SilentBelle wrote:I think this ability:
[-1] Quick Tempo [Free Action] [Created by The Warrior of Many Faces]
Target ally's place in the initiative order now comes directly after yours. (They take their turns as if they'd placed right after you in the initiative check)
Needs to have an extra clause stating that it can't be used on your next turn, or something to that effect. Otherwise you could have two ponies who both have this move and let's say any [+pip] attack and form an infinite loop between each other.

Of course I could be misunderstanding it.

*laughs* Thought I made that a standard action before posting it. I'll Errata that now.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Psychic Surge has received minor errata due to the combo Mr. Hero noted with Gather Energy. The power now works as it was intended to work, without crippling any other combinations with the power.

[+4] Psychic Surge

Is this meant to be "Standard Action"? Because as I read this, this means that Free Actions, as well as Immediate Interrupt/Reactions, also cause you to be stunned.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Videocrazy wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Psychic Surge has received minor errata due to the combo Mr. Hero noted with Gather Energy. The power now works as it was intended to work, without crippling any other combinations with the power.

[+4] Psychic Surge

Is this meant to be "Standard Action"? Because as I read this, this means that Free Actions, as well as Immediate Interrupt/Reactions, also cause you to be stunned.

Any talent causes you to be stunned, including those other ones. Psychic Surge narrows your options in exchange for an extra PiP. I want it to be a cool option for some builds, but not all builds.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:07 pm

New Rule for Utility Talents and Racial Features

Neither utility talents nor racial features can be used in combat, except in the case of DM discretion. If you’re just trying to escape though, or are otherwise trying to avoid further confrontation without harmful engagement (such as trying to use the element of Kindness to talk someone out of fighting you) - go for it. Just check with your DM if you’re uncertain.

This allows us to reduce preparation times on almost everything, which were previously so high to prevent combat applications (and thus min/maxing) of utility talents. Tons of preparation times in the player's handbook have been drastically reduced.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Hmm, I noticed a change in one of my favourite abilities from equine power, it changed the word 'turns' to 'attacks':

[-2] Magnificent Melody [Inspired by The Warrior of Many Faces]
Target ally gains Regeneration 4 and +5 damage on its next two attacks.

So does the ally lose regen after making two attacks?
Or does is keep regen for the rest of the encounter/until the character falls below 0? (Probably not)
Or was it meant to be reworded to:

Target ally gains Regeneration 4 for the next two turns and +5 damage on its next two attacks.
???

Aww, my favourite ability (Probably was too powerful with the combo I had going with it), got nerfed ever so slightly Razz I'd like to get this figured out before my next session of Pony Tales next week. Thanks in advance Very Happy
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:32 pm

SilentBelle wrote:
Target ally gains Regeneration 4 for the next two turns and +5 damage on its next two attacks.
???

That's right. That talent's overpowered either way in any case. Wink

The real wording would be this though.

Target ally gains Regeneration 4 for its next two turns and deals +5 damage on its next two attacks.

I'll fix it. Thanks.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:47 pm

Congratulations everyone, you now have twice the kickass combat traits. The old level-up system was top-heavy on out-of-combat bonuses (utility, boons and destinies were all out of combat features) with only traits adding to your in-combat performance. Also, some players noted that they wanted to gain something for their own characters on the boon levels. Thus, Combat Traits are now granted at levels 3, 6 and 9 as well.

This is the new level-up table.

Level 2: You Gain a Utility Talent and a Combat Trait

Level 3: You Gain a Combat Trait and Your Party Gains a Level 3 Boon

Level 4: Choose Your Destiny

Level 5: You Gain a Utility Talent and a Combat Trait

Level 6: You Gain a Combat Trait and Your Party Gains a Level 6 Boon

Level 7: You Gain Your Level 7 Destiny Feature

Level 8: You Gain a Utility Talent and a Combat Trait

Level 9: You Gain a Combat Trait and Your Party Gains a Level 9 Boon

Level 10: You Gain Your Level 10 Destiny Feature
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:00 am

Jacques Allan discovered that Paranoia was worded incorrectly. The talent was intended to target enemies, but 'creature' was written instead. Now fixed.

[+1] Paranoia
Target enemy makes an attack against a creature of your choice. The target chooses which attack to use.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:43 am

There was a slight typo in Judo Throw that went unnoticed for a while. Fixed now. Here's the new text.

[-6] Judo Throw [Created by Zarhorn]
Fling target creature away from the battle, removing it from combat until the end of its next turn (a creature removed from combat cannot affect any other creature in the battle with combat talents or be affected by any combat talents - though it may still use [+] abilities to gain PiPs). You may choose to deal 3d12 damage to a creature thrown this way.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:There was a slight typo in Judo Throw that went unnoticed for a while. Fixed now. Here's the new text.

[-6] Judo Throw [Created by Zarhorn]
Fling target creature away from the battle, removing it from combat until the end of its next turn (a creature removed from combat cannot affect any other creature in the battle with combat talents or be affected by any combat talents - though it may still use [+] abilities to gain PiPs). You may choose to deal 3d12 damage to a creature thrown this way.
Although by Zarhorn, you mean Zarhon, right? Or is there another member named Zarhorn I'm unaware of? Razz
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:26 pm

I've mistakenly called him Zarhorn for so long, it's almost become official. Razz

Had now been changed. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Artifact of old changes error:

In the Pony Tales core handbook, under attributes, it lists Athletics, Precision, Knowledge, and Horse-sense. However, the examples later in the section use the attributes Brawn, Precision, Knowledge, and Sense (not Horse-sense, though Brawn is the one I'm more bringing up). It's minor; I'll bring up other things if they arise while making a character.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next