Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

+6
Caden2112
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
10 posters

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 18 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Hey I voted green too... But there was a good post from Pingcode on why to go Black. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 18 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  Pingcode Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Tilt's already reppin' the green, anyway. I dunno if Star's black, but we may have just wished something on him. Good or bad I have no idea.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:39 pm

I guess since black already won I'll vote black too. Because it's amusing. Razz

Seriously, though, gotta admit I'm curious, but I guess we can find out what it's all about in a bit.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:32 pm

And then Star turned evil...Wonderful. *Gets the flamethrower.*
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Hey! Put Zeela Down!
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:37 pm

*laughs at that joke*
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:12 pm

[9:04:53 PM] Logan (Scales) Aura: You helped Tilt because she wanted to change and acknowledge herself in the end.
Star, acknowledges but ignores- same as before.
[9:05:23 PM] Ramsus: oh... it seemed like you were setting him up as a reacurring villain that we caused to happen by doing what we were told to do
[9:06:00 PM] Logan (Scales) Aura: Oh, sorry. If he is a villain, it's not because of you guys.

A chat with Ramsus when it seemed like what you guys did was wrong. Sorry about that.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Aww, but I WANNA be responsible for the Sealed Evil In A Can...
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:56 pm

That's just cuz you wanna see Zeela totally snap.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:58 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Aww, but I WANNA be responsible for the Sealed Evil In A Can...

If I make it "not directly because" will that make you happy?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:23 pm

Gotta say, it doesn't sit entirely well with me, being absolved of all blame on the Star front. We did push pretty hard to get the result we did, seems only fair we accept all the consequences of our actions.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Two votes! C'mon, we can do it!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:26 pm

WEll... Honestly, it really wasn't your fault in how I'm doing things. It purely was Star's
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Okay, serious thing here - I'd rather not know OOCly if our decisions had any bearing on the final result. Save that for firing off Twitchy Tail if necessary. I prefer to operate on the assumption that we do have agency in this game, and that we actually can make wrong turns and end with things going badly.

To be honest it bugs me a lot more that we apparently had no bearing on the final result of the sequence. Like a 'What the hell was the point of that, besides driving angst, then?'
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Sorry. I'm still learning as a DM. I'll try to stop. And rest assured, I was only talking about the immediate, not the future. There's still a lot I haven't mentioned.

Probably still not good x.x Damn, I'm still working on keeping things secret and such.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 pm

In this case I think Logan made the right call. Otherwise we'd be operating under the assumption that we shouldn't ever try to resolve things non-violently, which would be a kinda dumb thing to be making us do in an RP. If we can RP to solve a problem that's a lot better than just turning our brains off and fighting. As Ping said, we tried hard but, that actually would bear the opposite fruit than he implied. If we try hard and do well and get punished, that discourages us from trying. So in this case it's better that we know that this was just Logan's way of dealing with the fact that Star Power needed to be shoved somewhere not constantly on-screen since he's no longer part of the party.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 pm

I could've handled it a bit better, admittedly.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 am

Ping, despite Logan's protests to me over Skype, everything Tilt has said since meeting Arcana strikes me as incredibly meta. She just leap to a conclusion that just happened to be right without half enough info to be really doing so, about ten seconds after meeting Arcana for the first time and not having even half the info the rest of us have IC.

Maybe this was unintentional meta-ness but, seeing as I haven't played the games/watched the anime, I think if I go "wtf, where did that come from? How do you know that?" it's probably a good indicator you just used info your character really doesn't have.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:07 am

Once again, ramsus, it doesn't involve the anime at all. It's a leap of logic from how Arcana spoke/what he said that makes sense.

As for the rest of it: I am sort of asking, out of character, for the line of logic because while I understand it, my own line of thinking is extremely skewed.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:29 am

That one I drew from my own somewhat vague experiences of Eastern religions, in particular Buddhism, which Tilt personally identifies as being part of. It's a bit of a muddy area, since the religion itself isn't really all that uniform (having mixed and meshed with its cousin religions), and different people have different particular superstitions. Namo Guan Shi Yin Pusa, for example, is a prayer to the Boddhisattva Guan Yin, the goddess of mercy, who is venerated in particular by Pure Land buddhists, which is a particularly Chinese thing.

Basically she sees the TV world through the framework of everything being some kind of spirit, somehow organised in a way she doesn't fully understand. The shadows are spirits associated with their owners, that represent some kind of inner strength to her, like a muse. The loose shadows, similarly, hostile spirits that are somehow jealous or vengeful, and tried to kill her because of some slight she doesn't comprehend. When it comes to Arcana, the flickering and glitching she interprets as Arcana as being some more powerful spirit with a stake in what they do. But then he doesn't seem to know the full plan himself, so she interprets it as him not being in charge of this particular game, and instead himself being at best a lieutenant of whatever higher powers he serves.

As far as the story and stuff goes, drew it from my experiences of Buddhist/Chinese folk tales. Half-remembered from childhood, but similar all the same. It doesn't actually map to any specific tale, but I tried to capture the feel of a 'wise master and student' parable. As a character, she interpreted her own shadow as being a spiritual manifestation of her own strength (and it hasn't come up yet but the particular manifestation of her persona has affected her own perception of who she is) and so comparing what she felt herself with what she saw the party arguing ('This is my strength, I'm not weak, this is the part of me that knows I can do anything' vs 'We're here for you we can support you'), plus her love for literature, led to her telling a story about helping friends stand on their own legs rather than carrying them.

The reason they hit so close is because the SMT series in general draws heavy inspiration from East Asian Mythology for its themes, so having a character that follows a belief system from amongst the east asian religions will by nature tend to hit quite close.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 am

That's a lot better logic and fleshed out then how I made the leaps Surprised

Edit: Arcana being the party's "Boss" and then talking about someone more powerful than him for Arcana's stuff. The story though I just thought it was some buddhist one and Tilt was essentially buddhist.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:46 am

O......k. I guess.... Still seems I dunno, really friggin random and like you just skipped ahead in the plot ahead of the rest of us.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:52 am

I'm also a highly analytic player disposed towards reading deeply into a lot of things. Ask Logan about my horrible and occasionally infectious paranoia in the other game I'm in with him.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:56 am

Freaking annoying Filly who thinks "I want to be friends" Means "I want to be friends and I'll drop mine at the drop of a hat to make sure I can be friends with you and drop whatever I'm doing to do so".
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:11 am

*shrug* I do that too at times. Why do you think I leapt to the initial conclusion that we'd just made Star Power into a reoccurring villain? Though, even when I gather that sort of thing about the overall plot, typically I wouldn't have my character say something about it because... well, usually they wouldn't have the kind of info I personally do or think about things the way I do and additionally it really is jarring the other characters IC when you just decide to skip ahead in the plot like that. In this case Arcana's reaction also pushed one of my nerves. Fortunately it's not one I think Brash would have. It's just a good thing it wasn't actually me in that situation or it'd probably involve us having a row.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next