Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

+6
Caden2112
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
10 posters

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 19 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:26 am

Eh, everyone is still learning. Everyone's great too. Positive messages into the air!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 19 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  Pingcode Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:20 am

Actually, lopping off the explanation from my IC post. Seems... forced to me.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:38 am

Well, I didn't see the explanation but, now it seems like she pointedly ignored Brash. Not exactly the best idea when someone just expressed their suspicions of you.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 am

Well mainly it struck me as a little weird to turn around and give an explanation when you're kind of feeling stunned and a little violated.

Probably better to just prod her again on the issue in a second or two in-game.

EDIT: Also because I double checked and she only barely beat out Arcana's soul stare thing (27 Perception vs 28 Endurance) so yeah stunned and violated right now.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Well, she's clearly still talking. Brash can't read her mind or anything so he has no reason to suspect she isn't capable of making a reply. You can't just tell me to have my character do something that doesn't make sense. The burden lies on you here to have your character to behave appropriately or not, not on me to compensate for your actions.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Edited my last post to bring it to attention, mostly because Arcana would've heard it and wanted the answer too.

Edit: Should explain, I'm on spring break (Bored), worrying about school, and sick. Those added together are making it hard for me to recall just how characters would respond to people. If I edit posts, I'll make sure I tell you guys.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Spring break... I had that a month ago. In February. "Spring".

Luckily, having it at a good time. Smile
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Eh. I HATE breaks.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Why not just do the same as always, then? I'm sure there's psychology textbooks in your local library you could read during the day if you want to simulate studying.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Good point.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Ramsus wrote:Well, she's clearly still talking. Brash can't read her mind or anything so he has no reason to suspect she isn't capable of making a reply. You can't just tell me to have my character do something that doesn't make sense. The burden lies on you here to have your character to behave appropriately or not, not on me to compensate for your actions.

Okay, look. I'm playing in good faith here. My character is acting within the confines of her own personal philosophy and open information. What your character does is your own business, but mine is not beholden to what you feel is appropriate.

Please stop acting as if I'm not.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm

It's more a question of what your obligations are than your character's. We all are obligated to do our part in making the party work together. When you pull out something crazy like that, it's your responsibility to make sure it doesn't cause problems.

I already threw you a line by Brash asking what was up in the first place. You ignoring him and refusing to answer is obviously damaging to party cooperation and I said so... and you just threw it back in my face. In the end we have a result where the GM had to heavyhandedly have an NPC repeat the question just to attempt to fix the problems you were causing.

If you want to continue to do actions that are detrimental to party cohesiveness right after Arcana told us it was important for us to have it, then... well honestly, I just don't understand that at all. It seems like you're intentionally sabotaging us.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:16 pm

In character/ out of character seperation, Ramsus. Even if it isn't the best choice out of character, it made perfect sense in character. Like, say, Blood Mage's singing in Silent's game- which was a stupid idea until it worked. Or Arcana being purposefully cryptic to the party in this game- which I hate doing but makes sense in character.
Please don't take how a character acts in game and make it something about the player.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:57 pm

*sigh* Except it was also equally perfectly reasonable in character for Tilt to not ignore Brash. It was purely a decision based on what Ping decided he felt like doing. Unless I'm missing the part where he said that Tilt intentionally ignored the question.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Ping's character. You don't know how they'd react to getting their soul stared at, and it wasn't intentionally ignoring.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:05 pm

I had about a paragraph of response typed out but, then I realized neither one of you actually seems to care what I have to say. We can drop the issue but, in the end, I still think that it was a rude thing for Ping to choose to do.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:13 pm

The big difference was that she barely passed, while I initially thought 'Oh I won by 10+, yeah she just finds it rude' but then I double checked and realised Logan had said the number was before modifiers and Tilt had only barely managed to retain some privacy. At which point it was less 'How rude' and more 'Ack!'.

Look, can we just assume good faith here? Because I didn't get rid of it to spite you. I'm not doing any of this to intentionally cause trouble, if it ends in trouble then it can be sorted out IC.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm loving the little jokes that get made from typos *Chuckle*
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:45 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Icing looks at the shutter and shudders, for some reason. It seemed ominous.
What typo... There never was any typo... :lierjack:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:49 pm

*Looks at the guy named jack lying in wait.* I think you mean LiAr.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Yew never gets a break, eh?
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Baaa, Baaa.. Nope. This Female Sheep never seems to. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
RavenscroftRaven wrote:Icing looks at the shutter and shudders, for some reason. It seemed ominous.
Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 19 Xx2R18F

What typo... There never was any typo... :lierjack:

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 19 FzWSpyw
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Neither do the trees for that matter.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 pm

By the way, I've got no idea what I'm saying in-game. I'm kinda making things up wholesale. cheers
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next