Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+6
Dr Blight
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Yawnmon
XandZero2
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 11 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Cardbo Sun May 05, 2013 1:54 am

XandZero2 wrote:

Libram and Codex aren't directly linked into your brain (not yet anyway), so they can only write what you tell share with them directly. If you want to share your perceptions of each of the concert bubbles after I get around to sending a PM to you, then they can document it - but only if you distinctly mention sharing your thoughts with them in the first place.

Ah ok.

Also. "COOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEE MMMMMMUUUUUGGGGG!"
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 11 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  XandZero2 Wed May 08, 2013 3:06 am

@Everypony:

Hey guys, not sure what the hold up's been with responding since my last post in the campaign, but to be clear, if you fail the Athletics/Acrobatics Check, your character isn't completely blind. They'll just have some trouble seeing for a little while because of all the red spots in their eyes - which equals out to a penalty to perception-based checks and the 'blind' status if they get into combat before the effect wears off. You guys can still decide what your next move is, even if you do fail your checks for avoiding the blinding.

-Also, I'm not really sure how you guys are liking this puzzle so far, but the lull between posts has also made me wonder if you're not really feeling the fun here. Is this puzzle boring you/not exciting enough/what have you? Let me know if it is, as I'm really, really a novice when it comes to this sort of thing. I just thought I'd try my hoof at a more traditional dungeon puzzle and see how you guys liked it - but if you'd prefer things to be more straightforward, I can work with that too.

In sum - let me know what you think.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 08, 2013 3:26 am

Wait, what? This is a puzzle? Either way, as the only person who didn't need to roll, I was waiting to see what the results of those rolls were and what the others would do.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 08, 2013 3:41 am

I've mostly just been feeling like a braindead monkey when it comes to thinking of what I'm ment to do in this game. OR even just random ideas... I'll get a post after I get to sleepies...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed May 08, 2013 10:53 am

I will note we haven't had any combat in awhile. I'm okay with that, but what do the rest of you think?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 08, 2013 2:19 pm

I'm sure we're about to run into some soon enough. This is a "dungeon" afterall.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri May 10, 2013 2:49 pm

/pokes game

Everyone just really busy this week?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri May 10, 2013 10:39 pm

I mostly haven't posted much here, cause somehow I think I lost any idea of what I can do and Gleeda's character to some degree since we hit the whole dream world arc. Also I am clueless to what "dungeon crawl" entails for me to trying to do.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri May 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Way I see it.

Goals
-7 spheres(Figure out what to do in each)

Abilities
-Pulling random items out of thin air
-Dream logic(You can convince people of things that really wouldn't make sense)

Anybody want to add?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat May 11, 2013 12:41 pm

@Xel
Have you seen the movie "Inception" before? If not, than go rent it. It should give you a lot of ideas and a feel for whats going on here.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 11, 2013 3:31 pm

I have seen it... Still don't feel like I've got much of a clue what I can or should do.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat May 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Well how about this? This was what I was thinking of, that as soon as we find the first NPC,I'm going to suggest that there's going to be a big battle of the bands. If that wasn't going on before, there's a good chance that Rock's mind will run with it, and if our group enters as a band, and it will also at the same time flush out whatever evil influence is currently working on his mind.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 11, 2013 3:56 pm

You mean a rock battle akin to the that Twin Dragon's Band Fight in the Scott Pilgrim Movie? WILL WE SUMMON A MONSTER MADE OF ROCK AND ROLL?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat May 11, 2013 5:29 pm

To be perfectly honest, I'd originally intended for you guys to have a much less complex encounter in the dream world (spoiler alert - but it was going to be one big fight so you guys could see some combat). After you guys started getting excited though, I was thinking that one fight didn't seem good enough for your first dream world experience and decided it might be fun to make a bit of a dungeon out of it.

That typed, I may have gone a little overboard - but basically what I was expecting you guys to do was navigate some environmental puzzles through trial and error, and have some fights along the way.

I probably will be slower on updates for now myself because it's nearing the end of the college semester, but what is everypony going to do? You're all still going into the first concert bubble? Let me know.

Also,

@DB:
Since the DC for avoiding the blinding was 20, I'd say the DC for a heal check on the blind would be at least a 25, so Chitin's still blind for the time being.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat May 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:You mean a rock battle akin to the that Twin Dragon's Band Fight in the Scott Pilgrim Movie? WILL WE SUMMON A MONSTER MADE OF ROCK AND ROLL?

I'm down with that. I'm assuming I'm not making this harder than I have to.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue May 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Hey guys,

I just got a PM from Yawn last night. Haven't been able to get back to him yet, but he's started taking some college classes and it's really killed his game time. He can't keep up with the forum games, so he's officially dropping out.

I'd assumed that something like that might be happening, and though it is a pretty big bummer to lose a great player like Yawn, it's also good to at least know he didn't drop out for anything more serious than classwork (I mean, you honestly never know what could happen to someone over the net. They could've been put in the hospital, died, etc. - you never can tell).

Well, I officially want to wish Yawn the best of luck in academia - and hopefully we'll be able to hear from him again sometime in the future.

Yawn, if you ever feel that you have more time to play on the forum again, let me know. I'd be happy to have you back, and I think the other players would feel the same way. Don't be a stranger!

-With that typed, this also brings up another topic I've mentioned a bit over Skype, but with Yawn officially leaving, there's not much reason to put off the search for a new player. I'll start making an official effort to find somepony starting next week most likely (after I get done entering final grades for my classes). If anypony has an idea of a player that would be a good fit for the game, let me know. I'd like to find somepony that's willing to play a character that can fill the spot left by Blade, so probably a tanky-ish male character (male because it keeps more opportunities open for romantic involvements and such) - with flight and weather-crafting specializations being a plus.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu May 16, 2013 2:48 am

Xel Unknown wrote:I mostly haven't posted much here, cause somehow I think I lost any idea of what I can do and Gleeda's character to some degree since we hit the whole dream world arc. Also I am clueless to what "dungeon crawl" entails for me to trying to do.

Still not feeling it? While it is the dream world, try just treating it as the normal world with normal physics.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun May 19, 2013 12:44 am

@Cardbo:

WOAH NELLY!

-I didn't say Coffee's eye drops worked perfectly. I just said that you successfully did cast a spell. Keep in mind, with enchanted stuff, I usually like to make sure you guys want to drink/consume/use it before I tell you the results.

That typed though, when Coffee takes the eye drops he will notice an improvement, but it isn't a complete cure. With a roll of 27 you'll have a -5 to your perception checks instead of a -10. You're still blinded, just not as badly.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun May 19, 2013 12:54 am

Sorry. Thought I was good back there. I've edited my last post, too.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue May 21, 2013 10:40 pm

So, I heard you where looking for a new character?

Perhaps a Tanky Male Pegasus that's good at flying and weather-crafting?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AjpY8ByEsvV08G88Aipt0lVhylf0QgUOyuWPUQYfI9M/edit

Not quite, but wouldn't you agree that Storm Blade here is pretty close? Tanky Mae Pegasus (sorta) that's pretty good at flying. Only thing he hasn't got is the weather-crafting ability, but trades that for the ability to talk to animals.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Umm... Still need permission Fury to see your latest rewrite of your only character that you sign up...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue May 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:So, I heard you where looking for a new character?

Perhaps a Tanky Male Pegasus that's good at flying and weather-crafting?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AjpY8ByEsvV08G88Aipt0lVhylf0QgUOyuWPUQYfI9M/edit

Not quite, but wouldn't you agree that Storm Blade here is pretty close? Tanky Mae Pegasus (sorta) that's pretty good at flying. Only thing he hasn't got is the weather-crafting ability, but trades that for the ability to talk to animals.

You're character's not viewable. Smile
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue May 21, 2013 10:52 pm

... How do I default 'anyone with link can view'? Changed anyhow.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Dude... what? Do you only make one character or something? It's totally immersion breaking for me to be playing in two different campaigns with the same exact character.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue May 21, 2013 11:28 pm

Ramsus wrote:Dude... what? Do you only make one character or something? It's totally immersion breaking for me to be playing in two different campaigns with the same exact character.

Well, sorry. But its how I role.

Some people make a new character for each RP. I stick with 1 character, and RP them differently. Or try to.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next