Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+6
Dr Blight
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Yawnmon
XandZero2
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 10 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Personally I think it's your problem to fix, because I feel it STARTED from you. But that's not a real issue here. I'll take it on your word and what words I've heard of Ramsus that you both are willing to work together, to some degree...

I'm ready to go forward in this campaign.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 10 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  XandZero2 Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 pm

DB said he'll continue too so I'll plan on typing something up tonight. In the meantime though...

Xel Unknown wrote:Personally I think it's your problem to fix, because I feel it STARTED from you.

Since you bring this up Xel, we might ought to discuss it here if we want to clear the airwaves. Please explain how this all started from me.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:57 pm

If we're all really serious about continuing, it might good to just let the issue drop.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:45 am

-Oh, and hey guys,

In case you were wondering, your wings look something like the ones this guy's sporting, only smaller...

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:13 am

Wow Cardbo, just glad that roll wasn't to affect Whisper too.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:41 am

XandZero2 wrote:-Oh, and hey guys,

In case you were wondering, your wings look something like the ones this guy's sporting, only smaller...

Spoiler:

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 10 Mlpmylittleponymemebronieshatersgonnahateanimooted_zps13f3864a

Ramsus wrote:Wow Cardbo, just glad that roll wasn't to affect Whisper too.

The dice haven't been kind to Coffee these past couple of days.

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:08 am

Coffee's going to use his Magic Point to trigger his Element of Magic and "This Is Whining" to turn his Cutie Mark Failure into a Cutie Mark Critical!

This is Whining! – 1/Day
Trigger – You roll a natural 1 on your Cutie Mark skill.
Effect: Treat the check as though you had rolled a natural 20.

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:23 am

And now it's just rude you aren't including Whisper in it!
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:07 am

Oh ye of little faith. Please, check again.

EDIT: Just so you know. I had been planning on including Whisper from the beginning. Its the reason I specifically chose a book. Unlike cans of energy drink, books don't get used up. If one person reads them, so can another. The reason I edited it be two books to just to be on the safe side.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Hey guys,

To answer Cardbo's question about the mechanics of the wings, you will be able to use them to slow your descent from any fall. Also, if you roll a nat 20, I'll even allow you to fly short distances, and if you do happen to encounter an area with low gravity (which could be a possibility in a dream realm) you could fly long distances with horrible motor-control (:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:50 am

Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up, but I'm heading into the last couple weeks of the current college semester and I am going to be a bit busier than normal. My family's also off for Spring Break right now so I feel obliged to spend more time with them as well. All in all, I'll try to update the campaign regularly, but it may take me a couple days between posts - at least until the end of this week.

Thought I should keep you in the loop (:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm

@Xel
Coffee could probably assist with that roll and at least bring it up to 15, but he doesn't know what you're trying to do. If Gleeda could say something IC about it, that probably work.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 pm

^I'd allow that if you guys can manage it, though a 15 is still a pretty low roll considering.

Also,

@Cardbo:

What exactly are you trying to get out of Codex being your spell book and Libram being your journal? I'd like to have a better idea of what you're attempting. Are you looking for a certain kind of bonus in Arcana/History?

XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:33 pm

I think I've asked you about this before over IM, but the spellbook would be if I've used a spell before, and its in the spellbook, I could cast it again at a reduced difficulty. As for the journal, I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with it. Bonus to streetwise? Freaky Knowledge of New Orreigns(though that maybe a bit broad.). Maybe a version of Applejack Of All Trades?

EDIT:Maybe the AppleJack of all trades would work. Even untrained skill I use from this point on would get +1. If I Crit on it, the subsequent bonus is a +2. The bonus would cap completely at +2. Too weak? Too strong?

The spellbook could work like a FK(Spell formulae Coffee's used before and worked), so that one time Coffee ran into a lantern wouldn't count.
Finding Formulae
Illusion Formulae
Echo Formulae
True Seeing Formulae
Dispel Formulae

Except it would work for stuff he's done since he got the books, not before.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:56 pm

If it's a journal shouldn't it only have information on things you already know? (Besides the fact that making an Arcana check to permanently mimic another Utility without further checks for that would be kinda cheap.) One idea for it could be that it might have a different perspective on events than you that might be of help. Not sure what that would do mechanically speaking.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Ramsus wrote:If it's a journal shouldn't it only have information on things you already know? (Besides the fact that making an Arcana check to permanently mimic another Utility without further checks for that would be kinda cheap.) One idea for it could be that it might have a different perspective on events than you that might be of help. Not sure what that would do mechanically speaking.

For the Spellbook, roll twice and take the hghest if its something he's already done before?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:14 pm

That'd be pretty neat. You might need to make an Arcana check after each extended rest to assure yourself of the benefits of the books each day. At least to make it not basically free utilities from nowhere.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:25 pm

That would still leave the journal. Doing the same with rolling twice and taking the highest might make that too powerful, as there's only a limited amount of skills and he'd be rolling twice on every skill eventually.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Well, instead of having an effect on roles it could just remind you when something relevant to something we've already experienced comes up and we don't seem to have noticed.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:23 pm

So its strictly a RP-tool?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Well, two permanent utility equivalent things from a non-CMC roll would be a little excessive don't you think? Besides, just because it's an RP tool doesn't make it any less useful.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 pm

I think I'd be okay with that.

@Xand
Thoughts?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:00 am

So a re-roll on spells you've already succeeded at in the past (from now on, that is), and an RP reminder when you forget something relevant?

I can live with that. Keep in mind that Codex and Libram might not be permanent additions to the party necessarily (especially if I find their abilities to be too good)... but I'll allow this for now.

-Also, just so everypony knows, I'm probably going to have to wait until tomorrow night to make another update in the campaign thread. I'm pretty busy right now, and it doesn't help that I squandered most of my weekend watching the close of a competitive video gaming championship...

If procrastination is an art form then I have it mastered (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:18 am

Really enjoying Libram's narration of events. Smile
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:59 pm

^I aim to please.

Edit: Also, @Cardbo -

Libram and Codex aren't directly linked into your brain (not yet anyway), so they can only write what you tell share with them directly. If you want to share your perceptions of each of the concert bubbles after I get around to sending a PM to you, then they can document it - but only if you distinctly mention sharing your thoughts with them in the first place.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next