Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

+11
Stargaze
Quietkal
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Waschbaer
Azureink
Grey Pen The Flawed
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Curunir
15 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again) - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Dazed overrules GE's bonus move. I'm pretty sure that was part of the intent actually.

By the way, can anyone's character play an instrument? Anemone's dancing needs accompaniment. =)
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again) - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Cau'rha can sing. Does that count?

If not, I could arrange for something. Panpipes maybe?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:38 pm

I think singing would work. Would be nice if we had instruments too.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:43 pm

If I join (I've been jugging the idea for a while, kind of watching to see if others wanted in more considering I'm in what, 3 currently? Razz) I may make someone who knows instruments.

...Then again, if we're playing with the Flaws, I may make a Bigger Mac minotaur for the ultimate in 'has trouble fitting through pony-sized doors' factor. Razz Then again, one doesn't necessarily exclude the other. ...Hrm. I could do something with that if there's still room...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Oh, not tiny minotaur?
Edit: Minitaur!
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Tiny Minotaur might be funny too...Darnit, now I'll have to flip a coin on that...Especially now that I have the image of said minitaur jumping on a pony's back and trying to ride them into battle.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:03 pm

For bonus hilarity, s/he should still play a tank role in combat. =P

Btw, am I the only one with a female character?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Evidently. In our little 5-Man Band, that makes you the Chick.

Congrats! Razz
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Hey, I may play a female. Just so we can pass the Bechdel Test

...I'm just kind of waiting for a yea or nay before I start putting a character together on if I can even join.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Gender is irrelevant. That'd make you the Sixth Power Ranger.

Also, don't click that link he posted.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:54 pm

I do so love being able to pass that test. But yeah, seriously. TVTropes dropping without a big bold red warning is not cool. Someone's entire day could just be swallowed up in that out of nowhere black hole just like that! *snaps fingers for dramatic effect*

=P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Mm hmm. I think that linking to TV Tropes without a warning should qualify as rick-rolling.

That being said, you should totally do the Mini-taur.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Hnnnngh...Mini or mega...? Decisions decisions. >.<

...I could always take both. Strictly speaking, ain't no rule says you can't...It's utterly POINTLESS, doesn't make sense, and I think it's actually actively detrimental, but you can. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Considering their flavor effects would cancel out, you'd just be a minotaur in the end with two less utilities. Wait... you could take Alter Ego, one for each size. Um.. blargh.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Caden2112, you may make a character!

I think that should be it for now though, until I see how well things go with this number of players (again from a brief glance at other campaigns, that seems to be the maximum number)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Yeah, there are some with seven and let me tell you... it slows things down quite a bit (also combat is sorta more difficult to handle).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Well, mini won the coin flip, so without further ado, Silver Steele the Minitaur Scrounger and Meatshield.

...Even with her training to keep from having an effective 2, 5 in Brawn is likely a death sentence. Rolling Eyes
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:19 am

I'd say I know the feeling, but I didn't have to put trainings into my Brawn skills just to keep them somewhat decent.
Just...try not to get into situations where you need to use Brawn. Generally pretty easy, especially if you're running rogue-like. Watch out for falling rocks.
Also, nice backstory. Smile
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:33 am

Quietkal wrote:Watch out for falling rocks.

That holds true for ANY character in ANY roleplaying game.

Along the same line of advice: DON'T PISS OFF THE GM.

Just DON'T.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:34 am

I don't know why you even bothered with the athletics training to be honest. I'd have just stuck it onto mechanics instead. As for Show me How You Rock!... well, you only have the one MP so if you use that then you can't use Kindness (which can be important). Also, it's sorta a hard thing to use in a PbP game as usually when the DM rolls something he's also giving the results out at the same time. (Also the extra points mean you could get a cutie mark and something like spider climb which would probably be the only thing you really cared about athletics for anyway.)

You appear to have an entirely blank page for some reason.

As for combat, you may want to think about swapping out something for Support Me! (probably Slashback since I don't think you can use them both off the same thing) just to maximize our DPS/Healing a bit. Not that there's really anything wrong with your setup though.

Btw, is Sleipner just not taking a Flaw?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 am

He did say that, though I'm too lazy to quote it.

Also...

Character Sheet, YAAAY!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:56 am

You've got a point...Yeah, if all else fails, I can say she's got a bad leg or something to explain why her Athletics sucks rancid lemons. She did get caught thievin' at some point, and the old-time punishments for that tended to be a little...extreme. Shocked As for the blank page, I'm not seeing it, (Well, except for the extra text from Support Me! making my inventory now be on a new page due to my personal quirks. >.>)

I took your advice under consideration...Yeah, I can flavor a cutie mark as part of what led to her needing to run away from her former clan...Specifically, branding her as a thief.

Silver: "I learned two important things: One, hot iron hurts. Two, don't get caught."

Yeah, you're right, though, I do need someone poking me to make sure things are as effective as I can make it.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:06 am

Ok weird, now the blank page moved from after your utilities to after Support Me! *confused* Also yay, I'm helping! Though, that suggestion was completely dependent on the team we had and thinking about team synergy, your build was perfectly fine considered on it's own.

Gray Pen, you need to set the sharing to public or whatever so we can all see it. (I forgot to do that for the first two characters I made using google docs. Seems like almost everyone does.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am

Ramsus wrote:Gray Pen, you need to set the sharing to public or whatever so we can all see it. (I forgot to do that for the first two characters I made using google docs. Seems like almost everyone does.)

Herp Derp. Will fix.

Also, my name has no "A"s in it. Personal pet peeve.

EDIT: It is fixed! Try it now.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:54 am

Caden: Well, she's still got a pretty high Acrobatics. So she's nimble...just not strong.
Grey: Still not public.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next