Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

+11
Stargaze
Quietkal
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Waschbaer
Azureink
Grey Pen The Flawed
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Curunir
15 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again) - Page 10 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

Post  Azureink Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Quietkal wrote:Guys, Udus Khan's tent is gone. Like we're literally standing where it was. I'm pretty sure he's not here anymore.
Then where are we supposed to go? I thought he was going to tell us that. Or is one of the other party members aware of where we are going?
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again) - Page 10 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

Post  Quietkal Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm

We are to return answer to those of Mist Tail, deep in the lowlands.
That is the only plan of which I am aware, after which our path expands.

Zane is going to lead the group to the Mist Tails, where they'll return Udus Khan's answer to the tribe. Things are probably going to complicate the journey. Assuming we get there and talk to the Mist Tails, we'll probably keep wandering around and doing stuff to encourage other groups to join Udus Khan in revitalizing the steppes.
Sorry if I wasn't clear with my verse. Working in rhyme means I have to get a little vague sometimes.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Did you say the above quote in character to the group? I can't find it.

EDIT - Oh great and powerful DM, where is Khan Udus?

EDIT2 - If you haven't noticed, I took the DM naming of Khans. When a character says the title out loud, they use the name of the Khan first, followed by the title of Khan. In text description, Khan is first, followed by name.

Example: "Where is Udus Khan?" the pony asked as he searched for Khan Udus.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Middle of page 5. First time Zane talks to Sleipnir.
Azureink wrote:Sleipnir paused as Khan Udus was mentioned. Was the zebra the one he was supposed to meet? "Pardon me, but did I hear him correctly? Are you one of the members of the team Udus Khan mentioned needing assistance? I was going to seek them out after I reported the Khan's proposal to my tribe. In order to see what the Khan had planned through that group." Sleipnir paused again to hear Zane's answer.
Quietkal wrote:Zane nods at the changeling's proposal before turning to the newcomer.
"Indeed, we have been grouped by Udus Khan...though I do not know I would call us his team.
The distance between our tribes has great span, but he has reached us with his uniting dream.

We are to return answer to those of Mist Tail, deep in the lowlands.
That is the only plan of which I am aware, after which our path expands.

You are welcome to come as well, if that is what your heart desires.
Any worries I will attempt to dispel, but the Meet's end will be when this offer expires."
Azureink wrote:Sleipnir listened to Zane's verse, then replied. "I understand. Do you plan on leaving soon or will you wait until The Meet is over? I still have some errands to attend to." Sleipnir needed to go back to his tribe's camp and relay the message of Khan Udus among other things. Though he was fairly certain that the camp was in good hands if he departed sooner rather than later.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Then I shall edit my post regarding Khan Udus.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Yeah, I figured 'stomping the Crimson hoof flat' would be a little but of a dividing issue with the party...To put it mildly. But hey, can't be all smiles and agreeing mindlessly all the time, now can it? Wink
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:24 pm

And now we require DM time-skip into the journey... and right into a Red Hoof ambush.

EDIT - Or not. He could be encountered later. It is up to the DM.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:09 am

You can have Crimson Hoof pop up whenever you think is appropriate for his character. I'll reserve a time skip for longer distance travel over the steppes, or times where days are passing by without much happening. If he's laying in wait for the party just outside the valley of the Meet, you all can just take one of the passes over the mountains, no time skip necessary.

Azureink, since I'm continuing to let you control Crimson Hoof, could you send me a PM briefly describing your immediate plans for Crimson Hoof? (What he's doing or planning right now will suffice, any methods he would have of tracking or noticing party or knowledge he has of their current position or destination)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:12 am

This is gonna be kinda awkward without Penny. If someone wants to get his posts by email or something feel free? Just don't expect me to do it, I only check my email once a day.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Ohhh, I didn't see that on his topic. I'm cool with holding off for a bit more then.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 pm

There is no immediate plans for Crimson Hoof. I am just making NPCs for you to deal with. I can assume he either attacks the party right off the bat as they leave, or the players give him the slip and he ends up tracking the party and attacks during some other dramatic time.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 am

Hmm, well I don't know how long Grey Pen will be gone. I'm going to post so that we can move this along at least a little bit for when he gets back, and can either continue to wait or get at least a few things done, depending on what everyone wants.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Sleipnir is just watching the whole exchange passively. I will post near the end of it when I have enough material to write a paragraph or so.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Bleh.
Sorry it's taking a while for me to get a post out.
Haven't forgotten, haven't abandoned, just haven't time to sit down and make some sick nasty rhymes.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Fine by me, I figured you all have to figure out what you're doing with the eagle before you can move on to anything else. It might be nice to let Grey Pen respond to this situation as well, although I still don't know when he'll be back, so I'll continue to move along at whatever pace everyone's fine with.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Where are all the players?
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Well Penny is still in "possibly never coming back" state. I'm still here but, in character Anemone would wait for other suggestions before saying they should kill the bird.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:59 am

Really? No one has Pinkie Promise? I'll have to grab that at level-up then.

I...could...burn Honesty on the eagle to simply find out if it'd betray us or if it'd remain true to the group. But, having already using 3 of my daily talents on it, I'm not exactly keen on using a Magic Point on it as well.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:58 am

Actually that's a pretty good idea, lacking any others and it's not like a good opportunity for Honesty (or any particular Element, aside from Generosity or Magic, for that matter) comes knocking around every corner. If you like, you can have first dibs on my Generosity for the day if you need it if that'd make you more willing.

Turning an enemy scout to our cause would be a pretty useful thing. I would suggest making it an offer to join us and then use Honesty on it when asking if it will join us or something. Suggested questions would be things like "Will you join us as our scout?" and/or "Will you betray us?"/

As for Pinkie Promise, I think I've only been in one game where someone had it.

So.... Penny has been gone a while. Cur, what are we gonna do about that? Keep waiting? Cuz it's been kinda while and it doesn't really seem like he's gonna be coming back anytime soon. (And it's probably one of the reasons this game is moving so slowly.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:20 am

Book Smart doesn't have Pinkie Promise, but he does have Magic, which could be used to temporarily use it, I think. If you don't want to spend the magic point, I could have him make the suggestion. I don't know if the effects would last past five minutes, though.

EDIT: He also has Herp Derp, which means he could use Magic without spending the magic point. I still don't know if that works with things like Pinkie Promise, however.

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Ramsus wrote:
So.... Penny has been gone a while. Cur, what are we gonna do about that? Keep waiting? Cuz it's been kinda while and it doesn't really seem like he's gonna be coming back anytime soon. (And it's probably one of the reasons this game is moving so slowly.)

You're right, at this point I think we need to move on and assume he's not coming back soon. Which is strange, seeing as it was his character that got Crimson Hoof to wish ill on the party at this point (although he would've been after you at some point anyways if you continued to line your interests with Udus Khan, or with a tribe the Redhoofs were after next). Not sure how to handle his character disappearing- perhaps he just wandered off, thinking that would keep the party safer if Crimson Hoof is after him. Or he's still following around, being strangely inactive. It's also up to you if you want to recruit another party member, although I think this group could do fine for now.

Waschbaer wrote:Book Smart doesn't have Pinkie Promise, but he does have Magic, which could be used to temporarily use it, I think. If you don't want to spend the magic point, I could have him make the suggestion. I don't know if the effects would last past five minutes, though.

EDIT: He also has Herp Derp, which means he could use Magic without spending the magic point. I still don't know if that works with things like Pinkie Promise, however.

I would say you could do that- in my mind, you're using Magic to gain the ability to use Pinkie Promise for the next five minutes- but once you use Pinkie Promise, I would think the effects would last as long as their supposed to even after you lose the ability to use Pinkie Promise after the five minutes are up (so indefinitely, or until someone breaks the oath...). Of course I could be wrong on that, speak up if anyone has a different interpretation (although I feel like that would make the element of Magic rather weak, since that would make a lot of utilities not useful to use with Magic)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:20 pm

I agree with Cur on how the Element of Magic would work. It'd be pretty weak if the effects of its use only lasted five minutes, especially since the other Elements are often pretty strong.

Well, I'd personally prefer another party member. Maybe we'd actually end up with someone with flight or something else we're lacking.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:25 pm

I'd be fine with another player, myself, though I don't think it's urgent. It is nice to have a well-rounded group.

As for the Pinkie Promise, it looks like it would work with Magic, and there don't seem to be any objections, so I think I'll make the suggestion in-character.

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:20 pm

As long as you activate the utility within the five minutes, the utility lasts for as long as it should. Some utilities have hour durations, others go on forever.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Been talking with Grey, he said he'd be back at some point in April.
I'm cool with either keeping Cau'rha around just as an NPC until he returns or have some reason come up for Cau'rha to disappear and have a new player replace him.
Whatever floats the party/Faust's boat.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next