Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

+6
Z2
Doc pseudopolis
Cardbo
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
10 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open) - Page 12 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:41 pm

you do not lose you memory of... wait why is this being done in the first place? Any way you would not lose the last hour of memory and er any recent gruges you have against them.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open) - Page 12 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

Post  Lyntermas Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:44 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:you do not lose you memory of... wait why is this being done in the first place? Any way you would not lose the last hour of memory and er any recent gruges you have against them.

Well, the theory is that Zenith's ability would leave Boomer in a confused, possibly suggestible state, so that she's more likely to just "go with it" and fight with us. However, if it backfires, Boomer might be a bit hesitant to fight with someone who essentially tried to brainwash her. But that's up to Xel to roleplay.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:00 pm

*shurgs* It'll most likely come back to bite hount them given how a woman doesn't like having her mind messed with. I mean if you just asked she'd have totally agreed to it. lol!

But for now it's mostily just going to be Boomer just rolling with what's going on.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Can I shoot him now?

'Cause I'm not doing a jail break.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Damn, I can't use "the stare" more than once? I asked in the questions thread specifically to see if I could, but got ignored. That sucks.

I have to object a bit on the huge penalties though.

1) I believe I made sure that Shallow would be doing things so that the marines in the base DON'T get harmed. From the PM I sent you before:
"After that, he'll go to the marine base and start digging under the tower (or any building I can dig under), preparing it so he can then quickly cause it to topple over/partially sink/completely sink into the ground when the signal is given. He'll try to make it so that anyone inside doesn't get seriously hurt or killed. If it is possible, he'll also try to have the tower fall in such a way as to allow him to then use its toppled remains as a makeshift ramp/bridge, to run along it and reach the ships directly."
You never mentioned their "loved ones" were harmed in the previous destruction post either, or even hinted that it lead to such until now. Shallow wouldn't have done it if it meant ponies getting hurt/killed! Hell, now he seems like a murderer / unfeeling jerk (and to make it worse, his "ritual dance" now turned from a lighthearted goof to him being completely morbid)!

2) Did I end up using kindness on the officer, then, or is that his normal reaction?

3) How is Shallow being nonchalant, when he's actively trying to avoid the marines getting beaten up (unlike the rest of the party, who are willing to attack), sympathising with their plight (in view of the generally bad things that happened to them so far and how they're treated in general. Not to mention the previous pirates, who probably went in with full intent to kill... we just did property damage so far, or at least I thought we did), and showing that he cares enough about not just them but their families as well (since if the marines get hurt, the whole family suffers)?

4) Why is it so negatively (more than the actual base being destroyed?) affecting Torque's attempt at intimidating them (since I'm boosting his own check, where the argument is scaring them away)? I'm fairly certain I added an argument to intimidating them by reminding them that I wrecked their base. The thing to note here is that most of my speech was originally meant to be for my own persuasion check, but then Lynt posted first, so I used the stare on his check instead and foregone my own. The entire speech can be considered flavor text for "the stare".

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Zarhon wrote:Okay, I have to object a bit.

1) I believe I made sure that Shallow would be doing things so that the marines in the base DON'T get harmed. From the PM I sent you before:
"After that, he'll go to the marine base and start digging under the tower (or any building I can dig under), preparing it so he can then quickly cause it to topple over/partially sink/completely sink into the ground when the signal is given. He'll try to make it so that anyone inside doesn't get seriously hurt or killed. If it is possible, he'll also try to have the tower fall in such a way as to allow him to then use its toppled remains as a makeshift ramp/bridge, to run along it and reach the ships directly."
You never mentioned their "loved ones" were harmed in the previous destruction post either, or even hinted that it lead to such until now. Shallow wouldn't have done it if it meant ponies getting hurt/killed!
There is no way for the marines at the pier to know that their loved ones were not harmed they are just assumeing the worst.

Zarhon wrote:
2) Did I end up using kindness on the officer, then, or is that his normal reaction?
Kindness is in effect

Zarhon wrote:3) How is Shallow being nonchalant, when he's actively trying to avoid the marines getting beaten up (unlike the rest of the party, who are willing to attack), sympathising with their plight (in view of the generally bad things that happened to them so far and how they're treated in general. Not to mention the previous pirates, who probably went in with full intent to kill... we just did property damage so far), and showing that he cares enough about not just them but their families as well (since if the marines get hurt, the whole family suffers)?
Somewhere between the overall wording and walking right into the middle of the circle of marines. Prehaps nonchalat was the wrong word though.

Zarhon wrote:
4) Why is it so negatively (more than the actual base being destroyed) affecting Torque's attempt at intimidating them (since I'm boosting his own check, where the argument is scaring them away)? I'm fairly certain I added an argument to intimidating them by reminding them that I destroyed their base.
Most of the negative aspect was giving them even more reason to fight.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:28 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Somewhere between the overall wording and walking right into the middle of the circle of marines.
Wait, what circle? Isn't there a line of marines on one side, and us on the other? I just stood slightly in front of my allies (typical for diplomacy or any negotiator/diplomacy/leader person with bodyguards/armed forces).

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:29 pm

I believe that I used the word surrounded.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Would the result of Torque's roll bring a different result, if I didn't do Shallows speech (and just gave him the stare without the RP flavor text), or if I didn't add the stare to the roll, but kept the speech?

Cause I'm kinda feeling scammed out of a daily/magic point here, since I ended up wasting both trying to prevent combat, which is now obviously inevitable anyway.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:08 pm

The details might have been a bit diffrent but the over all results would have been the same with just the stare but just talking that is just RPing.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:22 pm

The order of things
Shallow n20
Torque 18
marine Warrant Officer 17
20 marines /Konrad 16
Zenith 14
Boomer 4
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Since the officer is under the effects of kindness, shouldn't he be unable to join the encounter (5 minutes should be enough for a couple of hundred turns of combat, I think), or generally not be hostile to us? Assuming we don't target him or assault him directly. He can still order his soldiers around, of course.

Or does his marines entering combat cause him to break the effect, invalidating it (which makes both my magic point a waste, essentially)?

Also, we doing combat here, or in the IC thread?

My first turn is:

[+2] Celestia’s Light - Standard Utility
All allies gain 3 temporary hit points.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Zarhon wrote:Since the officer is under the effects of kindness, shouldn't he be unable to join the encounter (5 minutes should be enough for a couple of hundred turns of combat, I think), or generally not be hostile to us? Assuming we don't target him or assault him directly. He can still order his soldiers around, of course.

Or does his marines entering combat cause him to break the effect, invalidating it (which makes both my magic point a waste, essentially)?

Also, we doing combat here, or in the IC thread?

My first turn is:
[+2] Celestia’s Light - Standard Utility
All allies gain 3 temporary hit points.

ok the officer under the effect of kindness will just order around his men until he gets hit. And we are doing it in the IC page.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Couple questions before I do my turn:

1. Are the "20 Marines" viewed as a single entity?
2. Are either the "20 Marines" or the Officer suffering any save ends conditions (like blindness)?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:23 pm

the marines are counted as a single entity with a blind save to make.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:52 pm

How exactly did we just get damaged (rolls wise)?

Also, is that damage with, or without the temporary hit points counted in?

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:51 am

Dunno what's available, but some buffing would be nice.

'Cause I'm about to rip them a new one when my turn rolls around again.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 am

A little slow to get started, a little guilty feeling, and a little lacking in round one impressive combat; Zenith stands calm amidst the battle, looking like he's trying very hard to ignore the bullets that just went his way.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:39 am

Zarhon wrote:How exactly did we just get damaged (rolls wise)?

Also, is that damage with, or without the temporary hit points counted in?

If I had to guess, the "Marine mob" has 20 hp (one for each Marine). In the last attack, it rolled Xd8s for attack, with X=half of its current HP. I don't know if it only rolled half its HP because of the blindness or if the Marines just have Stormtrooper aim. Between my attack and Zenith's spike armor shooting back at them, there are 12 Marines left. If "Stormtrooper aim", then we've got 6d8s (hopefully evenly) distributed between us (unless I further reduce that number on my turn).

Speaking of blindness, are the Marines still suffering from their (save ends) condition?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:38 am

It only rolled half due to blindness. Save was failed

The damage rolls were just the rolls you each had the temp so that ate up some of the damage.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Quick question (for anyone). If I get a nat 12 with Derpy's Lightning as my special, I don't get to choose which talent is used, I just roll a d5, correct?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 pm

yes
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Damn, now we have to fight the officer as well? You do know you're not actually required / forced to pull off your special move if you don't want to, right? It was kinda unneeded if the officer was the only one left (he was still pacified), we could have ended the battle.

Or was the flash bomb needed to take out the marines (as opposed to targeting the officer?

You can also have intentionally thrown it at us/self to keep the officer from getting attacked.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Zarhon wrote:Damn, now we have to fight the officer as well? You do know you're not required / forced to pull off your special move, right? It was kinda unneeded (or would the flash bomb be required to take out the marines?).

The Flash Bomb would not be required to take out the Marines. (They had 12 hp left, so the 12 damage from the Tesla Coil would be enough). However, I was under the impression that the Officer was sure to attack us anyway (both as part of combat and as part of his duty not to let these filthy pirates escape).

However, I am willing to alter my post depending on answer to this question:

Tyger, given the effects of the Element of Kindness, all of the other Marines are unconscious, and if I DON'T use the Flash Bomb, would it be possible for someone to make a Persuasion roll to have the Officer let us go (possibly in exchange for Shallow helping to rescue the Marines trapped in the base), or is there no way to stop the Officer from attacking us?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Dagnabbit!

Because the In Character thing to do would be to shoot. If you don't want Kon to shoot, you'll need to say so IC once we hear back from Tyger.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next