Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

+6
Z2
Doc pseudopolis
Cardbo
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
10 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open) - Page 30 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:29 pm

How far would tomb robbery go as sacrilege, on a spiritual level, for Shallow? Would "tomb robbing" count as sacrilege if the Marine was a evil, immoral bastard (as in, he didn't deserve the likely rich tomb he got, or it was built on the blood of others), or was buried with a lot of treasure that has no actual spiritual value: i.e. no heirlooms tied to his family or person, religious items, or non-valuables the Marine cherished out of honor/duty/love, as opposed to treasure and valuables buried with him out of greed (or part of the tomb itself, as tacky luxurious parts of the tomb), that do him no favors in the afterlife, but could have helped others?

Hmmm... I wonder if "The Alchemist" would mind having a recently-deceased pirate as a tomb-mate...

Edit: Another thing to note: The Reflector Pirates were looking for a treasure map on this island, and may have indeed found it, or know where it is, roughly. Perhaps we can make an exchange for that? Funeral services, plus info on where "The Alchemist" might be buried (the RF pirates will either loot it, or will turn it into Shinestone's tomb, which depending on the Alchemist's history, is likely a bit of post-mortem just desserts and irony), in exchange for it? Alternately, their map is actually directions to reach said tomb. Worth considering in any case.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open) - Page 30 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:16 pm

devil fruit power that allowed him to manipulate anything
Huh. Deja vu, anyone? Very Happy I think Brownie may have paid a visit to old RenKin, and grabbed a "bite" to eat.

Alternately, the tomb's occupant may have gotten a bit bored. I wonder how old Brownie is, exactly... Wink
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:02 pm

It was 300 years ago. Right now is sometime in the Kaienreki 1500s or WG 800s
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Sorry about that, just trying to move things along. Edited my post.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Welp, let's hope that giving Stone Duster to Brownie doesn't morally bite us in the ass later, considering to total lack of motives and actual affiliation from him.

Edit: That lake-island is probably the tomb. In which case, crap - half of us can't swim! We'll need a boat rental of some kind.

Actually, that's a point - if it's a lake, it's probably a fresh-water one. Does fresh-water effect DF users the same way as sea-water? As in, they still can't swim and sink like rocks, but their powers aren't actively drained / weakened / paralyzed from being immersed in it?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:56 am

Shallow can swim - just not through water! Very Happy

Edit: Can Whisper Lilly drown, or breathe at all? She doesn't have a mouth, but does she still have a nose/whiskers portion?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:45 pm

Konorad has the Aquatic Vehicle enchantment, we might be able to use that somehow.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Zarhon wrote:Shallow can swim - just not through water! Very Happy

Edit: Can Whisper Lilly drown, or breathe at all? She doesn't have a mouth, but does she still have a nose/whiskers portion?

The cat does not need to breathe.

Lyntermas wrote:Konorad has the Aquatic Vehicle enchantment, we might be able to use that somehow.

I could asume control of him but you lack a vehicle. And if I am remembering correctly I said something about it (or something like it) not working on Devil Fruit eaters...

EDIT I did in fact

If you chose to take the devil's talent you will gain a utility talent of your own or my making at the cost of the complete inability to swim this cancels out any abilities that allow for underwater survivability.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:27 pm

I vote we use Konorad himself as a boat / raft. He can shapeshift, right? Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:11 pm

Are we waiting on anything? (other than grey)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:18 pm

I did read up, but I'm at a loss at what to comment on. A lot of good point that I could've and SHOULD'VE jumped in at, I missed out....
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:04 pm

Well Shallow is waiting on Torque's reply. He's not exactly in a position to do anything specific at the moment anyway.

Torque is waiting on the show of hooves, and I assume would reply to Shallow next / proceed with scuba supplies plans, but might have Easter commitments (like many of us do) and hasn't had a chance to reply yet.

Zenith is inactive/not interacting for some reason.

62 is also slightly inactive, what's up with that?

Boomer should be a bit active now, if Xel read up on stuff.

The group needs to reach a decision on what we're doing next, most likely. Alternately, we're all waiting for Tyg to advance the plot for us.

So wait a bit more, I guess? Don't want to have Shallow rushing off without the others consent/agreement (as you asked of Lynt).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Tyger, does the Red Lens have a jolly boat? And if we used Konorad's aquatic vehicle enchantment, could we just "row" our way underwater, or would Torque have to make a sort of paddle propeller?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:54 am

yes and rowing would work.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:00 pm

62, you might want to ask Mari and his crew for some form of favor / compensation (Treasure, treasure Maps, info...), if don't want to go "empty hooved" from the funeral.

This is mostly because Shallow is too humble/nice to ask, and is perfectly willing to do the funeral for free/no compensation (much to Torque's chagrin), unless offered. Very Happy

Assuming the storm doesn't do / reveal anything special or otherwise interrupt the funeral, here's how it would proceed:

- Now that the grave has been dug, a marker is needed, as well as some form of coffin or funerary coverings - he requests the pirates for assistance to construct or find either a box that would serve as a coffin, or a bunch of cloths and fabrics to wrap the body like a mummy.
- For the marker (assuming the pirates don't want it unmarked or anonymous), he'd need either a wooden plank (gotten from pirates) or a boulder, which he should be able to easily locate and "dig out" with his DF power from the cliff-side.
- He can also plant one of his seeds on top of the actual grave, so that a tree or plant may grow over many years. The pirates probably don't mind.
- Personalization of the grave marker message is up to the pirates.
- Once wrapped or in a coffin, he'd lower Shinestone into the grave and request the pirates for personal/favorite items of Shinestone, to bury along with him, and any of their own personal items they wish to leave with him as a parting gesture.
- He'd ask for Mari / other pirates to give their speeches on how they knew Shinestone and what they meant to them.
- Finally, he'd do some vague voodoo funeral rites and symbolic show-work with his "Magical Tricks", then bury the body.

Edit: We need to find somepony to guard or otherwise maintain our boat and belongings when we're ashore - would suck to have thieves swoop in and help themselves to our stuff, or hijack our boat!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Hmm...prayer books don't normally cross Marine Desks very often. Sixty-Two is feeling kind of useless. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:10 am

You can talk with Mari and try to get pirate info from him. Or favors. Perhaps some info on the brokers? They're viable to know a bit on the "shady" side of things. Surely something a book-smart pony can try to talk to pirates about - certainly an opportunity for a up-till-now Marine affiliated pony.

Also, if the storm continues to the rest of the island: The underwater tomb trek might get a whole lot more perilous, mid-thunderstorm.

Edit: Torque now sees the water as 62 does. Very Happy Oh well, could have been worse: Could have been demon-zombie-ghost pirates and murderous Marine sea-ponies/sea-minotaurs/sea-griffons as well. Cue Torque epically crashing the jolly boat into something in panic?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:52 am

.....Did NOT see that one coming. Man, you'd think they'd post a sign or something. Think of the poor little colts and fillies who would go swimming in the lake. "Mom says she's afraid that the tide will catch us if we swim in the ocean, but this lake should be perfectly safe."

Tyger, is this more of an "Ongoing 2" poison, or a "you stay down there for more than a minute and you're dead" poison.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:02 pm

I think it's more akin to "Torque failed at looking so hard he's hallucinating/tripping balls/seeing fake things" than "Torque's failed at looking so hard reality was altered to make the situation escalate in a terrifying fashion".

Then again, this is One Piece...

Long story short: Boomer/Gray should roll their own perception checks before Torque drowns everyone in a panic. But not before he RPs it and loses his shit like a champ. Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:17 pm

True, pitty Grey hasn't returned yet.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:04 am

Shallow rejects your Woobie ways and substitutes wisdom! Very Happy

I think Shallow is starting to shape into this. And this. And this (heck, technically it's a racial feature).

Edit: Realism-wise, that glass coffin would need to be made of very sturdy material, so it doesn't shatter/break from the 2-6 feet of soil applying pressure on it. Also, would make more sense that it was mirror-like. Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

I've now finally traded out the old Witchcraft for Celestia's Light, becuase I really don't think I'd really use the talent much anymore and I personally don't wish to use Magical Tricks with Boomer's Build. And I think being a Flash "slave" will be more useful.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Can 62 make White Lilacs sprout from the grave, or conjure up its flowers / seeds?

Or can Shallow use his Magical Tricks to transform/transmogrify one of his seeds into White Lilac seeds?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 pm

I'll try my way first.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Speaking of which, I think you need to apply magical tricks in place of one of your utilities to benefit from magecraft within the new ruling.

On that note, considering 62 sudden new "Broker" problem, and his future status as an outlaw and WG's treatment of such, his "Sweet & Elite - WG employee" utility might need a bit of re-tooling.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next