Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 11 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"Unless anyone's got any other leads."
"Well, unless our numbered new friend here knows of any classy eateries on dis' island, da best we've got ta' work wit' be, well, someting' of a hunch a' mine. Also, I believe da' bartender may be on ta' someting' here..."

Shallow proceeds to take what was left of the strange-looking drink, re-pouring it into a another bottle, and stashing it in his pouch.

"A drink dis' strong mite' just come in handy."

Shallow leaves behind a note, with a recipe for his "zombi juice", for the bartender to find later, as payment for the drink he "bought". He stood by the door of the tavern, playing with Whisper, whilst waiting to see if he could be of assistance to the others.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 pm

"Hmm...well, there is one place I know of if you're willing to pay a bit more," Sixty-Two smiled. Inside, of course, he was thinking bits and pieces of complete thoughts all rapidfire; they were along the lines of "Oh boy, these guys had better have some info I can use in my search or at least give my superiors for all the trouble they've put me through I swear I'm walking right into the lion's den if these guys find out I'm with the Marines or the Marines spot me by chance I'm doomed!"

He cleared his throat. "I do apologize for taking so much time out of what are surely very busy schedules of yours, but would you all do me the honor of following me to this establishment? I can up the deal to 'dutch'; surely we can each afford to pay our own way, no?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:38 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Hmm...well, there is one place I know of if you're willing to pay a bit more," Sixty-Two smiled.

He cleared his throat. "I do apologize for taking so much time out of what are surely very busy schedules of yours, but would you all do me the honor of following me to this establishment? I can up the deal to 'dutch'; surely we can each afford to pay our own way, no?"
Torque shrugged. "If you insist. Anyways, thanks for leading us around. We might be wandering about all day otherwise. What is the establishment called anyway?" Torque followed 62 back to the door.

"Oh, by the way," Torque said a bit softer. "Thank you for...putting up with us so far, I guess. I mean, I've gotten used to Zenith and Shallow, and...let's just say that I've seen stranger things than an emotion-eating kitten. Most ponies might have just left us to fend for ourselves after their "weirdness threshold" has been crossed, but you've been taking it all in stride, or at least making the effort. And you have my appreciation for that."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
Torque shrugged. "If you insist. Anyways, thanks for leading us around. We might be wandering about all day otherwise. What is the establishment called anyway?" Torque followed 62 back to the door.

"It doesn't have any name in particular," Sixty-Two said as he squinted into the rising sun. "Just an eaterie connected to one of the local universities. Have I mentioned there are universities on this island? Lots of them. Great place to come to if you're wanting to study-"

Torque suddenly interrupted, not out of any sort of malice or lack of listening on his part, but merely (apparently) out of a desire to say something important before he forgot again.

Lyntermas wrote:"Oh, by the way," Torque said a bit softer. "Thank you for...putting up with us so far, I guess. I mean, I've gotten used to Zenith and Shallow, and...let's just say that I've seen stranger things than an emotion-eating kitten. Most ponies might have just left us to fend for ourselves after their "weirdness threshold" has been crossed, but you've been taking it all in stride, or at least making the effort. And you have my appreciation for that."

Sixty-Two blinked, twice. "Oh, uh..." he let off a sheepish smile. "No problem."

And for some reason, the Naval Pony afraid of Water suddenly felt like the world's biggest jerk.

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 pm

"Now as you were saying? Study what? These Uni's are good for studying something... But you kinda forgot to tell us what." Boomer asked as nicely as the rude, socially inept, crazed mad bomber could.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Torque raised an eyebrow at Boomer. "You know what universities are, right? Schools of learning? I studied at one a few years ago, got a degree in mechanical engineering in record time. Learned a bit of history, even took some elocution classes, although that was primarily to deal with the fallout from...group projects." He shook his head. "Anyway, we could potentially study any subject under the sun. History, politics, magic, geography....chemistry." He glanced warily at his satchel. He had taken the "coal-powered" schematic back from from Boomer, but it was the...other one that he was thinking of at the moment. Even disregarding not knowing how the thing worked, how does one FIND tungsten?

"Perhaps I'll be able to do some research of my own when we get there."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Spoiler:

Hearing Torque's words and seeing him look back at this saddlebag, Sixty-Two put what pieces he had together relatively quickly. "Ah, some 'research', I see. Something nefarious hidden up your nonexistent sleeve?" he asked in actually quite a pleasant tone of voice.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:44 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Hearing Torque's words and seeing him look back at this saddlebag, Sixty-Two put what pieces he had together relatively quickly. "Ah, some 'research', I see. Something nefarious hidden up your nonexistent sleeve?" he asked in actually quite a pleasant tone of voice.

"...Not "nefarious", per se. I've got a schematic for an engine of sorts that even I don't fully understand (and given my expertise, that's saying something). It's kind of hard to explain: I would be able to put it together, but I wouldn't know exactly how or, more accurately, WHY it works. There's a series of equations that come with it, but it would be a challenge to decipher them. At this point, I'm just hoping to figure out where to get the materials to build it."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:47 pm

"Speaking of upgrades to our ship... We'll also need to get the items for my planed upgrades." Boomer said.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:"Speaking of upgrades to our ship... We'll also need to get the items for my planed upgrades." Boomer said.

"True, true. Your ship-shielding and my coal-powered propulsion system still need the parts to put them together. Once we've gotten some money, we'll probably be able to get what we need from a shipyard or something. However, the materials for my "pet project" are a bit more...exotic. But one thing at a time. Let's get to that university. Lead the way, 62!"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
"True, true. Your ship-shielding and my coal-powered propulsion system still need the parts to put them together. Once we've gotten some money, we'll probably be able to get what we need from a shipyard or something. However, the materials for my "pet project" are a bit more...exotic. But one thing at a time. Let's get to that university. Lead the way, 62!"

"Alright, alright," Sixty-Two relented away from his now genuinely-piqued interest, "So long as you promise to let me have a look at that schematic of yours later."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Alright, alright," Sixty-Two relented away from his now genuinely-piqued interest, "So long as you promise to let me have a look at that schematic of yours later."

Torque was silent for a moment. He wasn't entirely sure that showing off this unknown technology to relative strangers was necessarily the best idea. Granted, 62 seemed like a nice guy, but Torque didn't know what would happen if this schematic fell into the wrong hands.

On the other hand, science was about collaboration and progress. At worst, 62 wouldn't learn anything that Torque couldn't. At best, he might be able to shine some unexpected insight. "...You know what? Sure, you can take a look at it later."

Last edited by Lyntermas on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:27 am

Shallow follows the "scholarly" duo. As they discussed schematics and plans, he interjected:
"So, Sixty-Two, wat manner of crafts and skills be da' university we be goin' ta' teachin?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:41 pm

As Shallow follows the others to the university he can tell that the sent trail is still headed in the same direction except for at one point the trail heads leads into an alleyway before returning to the original course.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:01 pm

"Looks like mah' mark be da' skulkin' type.", Shallow though.

As he peered into the depths of the alley, he considered his teammates: This trail probably wasn't their concern, and he should probably just inspect it himself, saving himself a few unwanted questions from the others. On the other hoof, he didn't feel secure going into it alone, lest he burden his crew through overconfidence by forcing them to get him out of trouble. Looks like he'll have to compromise a bit.

"Hoy, pons, hold up a spot. I tink' I just saw someting' peculiar in dis' alley."

Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Zarhon wrote:"Hoy, pons, hold up a spot. I tink' I just saw someting' peculiar in dis' alley."
Torque stopped and looked over at Shallow. "Are you sure? Let me have a look." He glanced down the alley as well.

Perception:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Sixty-Two said nothing, but also looked down the alley.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Boomer also just looked down that alleyway...

Perception check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:25 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sixty-Two said nothing, but also looked down the alley.

Spoiler:

Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer also just looked down that alleyway...

Perception check:

The main object inside the alleyway that catches each your attentions is a rather singular dumpster. The handle is suspiciously cleaner than the rest. Around the dumpster there are almost unnoticeable amounts blood and a few spots that are slightly cleaner than the rest of the alley.

OOC just this once Xel...

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:51 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
The main object inside the alleyway that catches each your attentions is a rather singular dumpster. The handle is suspiciously cleaner than the rest. Around the dumpster there are almost unnoticeable amounts blood and a few spots that are slightly cleaner than the rest of the alley.

Torque listened as 62 and Boomer pointed out the more out-of-place details regarding the dumpster. "A well-used storage for nefarious activity, or possibly an entrance to something underground?" he said. He slowly approached the dumpster. "Let's try to circumvent any surprises, shall we?" Torque carefully examined the dumpster to see if there was any impediment to opening it.

Perception:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:21 am

"Dat' dumpster be givin' me a bad vibe, bruddahs'. Blood and cleanliness don't mix, unless yah' dealin' wit' a death-dealah'. Watevah' happened here, I tink' we'd best get somepon ta keep da' alley entrance from attractin' unwanted attention: Last ting' we need is da' Marines stumblin' in wit' us present."

Shallow then proceeds to investigate the alleyway more thoroughly, employing his nose.
Perception:

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:43 am

"Well my answer to everything is: build a bomb to blow up future trouble..." Boomer mutters.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 am

Lyntermas wrote:
Torque listened as 62 and Boomer pointed out the more out-of-place details regarding the dumpster. "A well-used storage for nefarious activity, or possibly an entrance to something underground?" he said. He slowly approached the dumpster. "Let's try to circumvent any surprises, shall we?" Torque carefully examined the dumpster to see if there was any impediment to opening it.

Perception:

You can not find any traps.

Zarhon wrote:"Dat' dumpster be givin' me a bad vibe, bruddahs'. Blood and cleanliness don't mix, unless yah' dealin' wit' a death-dealah'. Watevah' happened here, I tink' we'd best get somepon ta keep da' alley entrance from attractin' unwanted attention: Last ting' we need is da' Marines stumblin' in wit' us present."

Shallow then proceeds to investigate the alleyway more thoroughly, employing his nose.
Perception:

The sent that you are tracking appears to hace mingled with the sent of a second pony from the beginning of the alley. The original appears to have paused infront of the dumptser before turning around. The sent of the second pony matches the sent of the blood but the strong smell of the dumpster covers up what ever is in it. Additionally you can see that Shinestone appears to reconize this place but seems unsure.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Torque glanced over at Shinestone, who seemed a little uneasy. A sudden thought occurred to him. "Shinestone...you might not want to see this. I think...we might have found your body." Torque started to reach for the handle, stopped, reached into his satchel, pulled out a handkerchief (for cleaning grease stains), then used it to grab the handle of the dumpster as he opened it.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Torque glanced over at Shinestone, who seemed a little uneasy. A sudden thought occurred to him. "Shinestone...you might not want to see this. I think...we might have found your body."

"Well, I say let Shinestone 'imself decide on dat'. He be a pirate, so mite' not be da' first time he seen a dead pony, but yah' own body mite' be someting' hard ta' come ta' terms wit', if it be in dere'. And he mite' need ta' do it anyway, if he wants ta' help wit' revealin' da' truth of wat' truly happened ta' him. Yah' choice, bruddah."

Perception:

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next