Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 13 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:57 pm

Sixty-Two, just behind Shallow, looked sharply to the left upon hearing the scream. "This way, come on!" he shouted, charging ahead.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:42 am

"Hmmh... Yah', looks like da' minotaur killed all of dem', but someting' else is off about da' remains. Givin' me a bad vibe."

Shallow pulls out a few of his voodoo implements and checks his suspicions, before rushing onwards.

Arcana:

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:06 am

Zarhon wrote:"Hmmh... Yah', looks like da' minotaur killed all of dem', but someting' else is off about da' remains. Givin' me a bad vibe."

Shallow pulls out a few of his voodoo implements and checks his suspicions, before rushing onwards.
Arcana:

You can tell that they are dead most certainly dead but at the same time they are not dead as for why and how you have no clue.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Shallow stares in confusion at his very contradictory findings.
"I don't know why, or wat' it entails, exactly, but dese' pons' appear ta' be only mostly dead."

Shallow, at a loss of ideas, follows onwards, after 62.
"Hold up pon! Someting be very off here!"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Torque followed after them. "Mostly dead? Stabbing through the heart's veins and arteries isn't something you can just 'grit your teeth and pull through.' Of course, magic and voodoo aren't exactly my specialties. There might be more to this minotaur than we thought."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sixty-Two, just behind Shallow, looked sharply to the left upon hearing the scream. "This way, come on!" he shouted, charging ahead.

Zarhon wrote:
Shallow, at a loss of ideas, follows onwards, after 62.
"Hold up pon! Someting be very off here!"

The two of you run to where the scream was coming from. As you round a corner you both see the Minotaur further down the hall.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Torque ran behind Shallow and 62. He tried to get a better idea of the surroundings: any innocents to get out, any windows that the minotaur could be thrown out (the less a fight harmed the university, the better), and to see if the minotaur was literally red-handed (just to confirm his theory).

Perception:

Last edited by Lyntermas on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:14 am

Sixty-Two sees the Minotaur and comes to an abrupt halt, attempting to hide somewhere nearby. "Big guy, and I'm not strong...best to sneak-attack him.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:03 am

Shallow observes the Minotaur, as well as the room itself. He also checks a final time if the scent was truly that of the minotaur. He needs to be sure of the circumstances before he decides to confront the Minotaur, verbally or otherwise.

Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Torque ran behind Shallow and 62. He tried to get a better idea of the surroundings: any innocents to get out, any windows that the minotaur could be thrown out (the less a fight harmed the university, the better), and to see if the minotaur was literally red-handed (just to confirm his theory).

Perception:

The hall is deserted except for your group and the minotaur. You can not see any windows that are large enough for a minotaur to fit through. The minotaur's hands have a large amount of blood on them. Also from how it is dressed you can tell that the minotaur is female.

Zarhon wrote:Shallow observes the Minotaur, as well as the room itself. He also checks a final time if the scent was truly that of the minotaur. He needs to be sure of the circumstances before he decides to confront the Minotaur, verbally or otherwise.

Perception:

At the moment the minotaur is turned the other way and is just walking to the next room. You can not see any bodies in the hall. The windows should be large enough of you and there are the rooms that you could go into. The scent is most certainly the one you have been tracking except with a larger amount of blood mixed in.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sixty-Two sees the Minotaur and comes to an abrupt halt, attempting to hide somewhere nearby. "Big guy, and I'm not strong...best to sneak-attack him.

Spoiler:

The minotaur hears you going to hide and turns around. In a suprizely soft voice she address the others. "You don't look like students or teachers. Hmm fighting pirates would be a nice change of pace."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:48 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:The hall is deserted except for your group and the minotaur. You can not see any windows that are large enough for a minotaur to fit through. The minotaur's hands have a large amount of blood on them. Also from how it is dressed you can tell that the minotaur is female.

The minotaur hears you going to hide and turns around. In a suprizely soft voice she address the others. "You don't look like students or teachers. Hmm fighting pirates would be a nice change of pace."

"...Yes, I suppose it changes things when your opponents are actually capable of fighting back," Torque said angrily. "Who are you, and why are you slaughtering everypony here?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Boomer already gets to making some prep-work on making a bomb to blow up this minotaur when she gets the word...

Mechanics check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
"...Yes, I suppose it changes things when your opponents are actually capable of fighting back," Torque said angrily. "Who are you, and why are you slaughtering everypony here?"

"I'm just following orders from on high and there was supposed to be at least one competent opponent here."

Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer already gets to making some prep-work on making a bomb to blow up this minotaur when she gets the word...

Mechanics check:

You manage to do most of the prep work for a small grenade like bomb.

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 pm

"I'm just following orders from on high and there was supposed to be at least one competent opponent here."
"Well wat' da yah' know - yah' truly do be da' deadlier of da' species. Too bad yah' orders be comin' from lower den mah' hooves be standing on. Yah' superiors must be maggots, willin' ta' bulge on da' dead yah' leave behind. I don't suppose da' maggots, or da' pretty pink fly dat' be loyally buzzin' over dem' have dere' own names, now?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:06 am

"Mmm... Maybe this is one of those poor fools who can't do anything but kill those they've been told is evil and just does so without question..." Boomer comments.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:56 am

Xel Unknown wrote:"Mmm... Maybe this is one of those poor fools who can't do anything but kill those they've been told is evil and just does so without question..." Boomer comments.

"I doubt it. When one views pirates as "competent opponents" as opposed to "scourges of society", I tend to think they're more motivated by sport than by justice. Although, seriously, who are you? Are you one of those Revolutionaries we've heard about?" Torque tried to remember if he had heard any rumors about the Revolutionaries. Could they be capable of something like this?

Streetwise:

"...No, no that can't be it. The Revolutionaries have the support of the university here, they wouldn't go around killing the students. Although perhaps the Revolutionaries are the reason you're here. Pirates don't really have enough bureaucracy to go higher than "boss" or "captain", so that's out. "Orders from on high" would make me think World Government, but even the Marines aren't daft enough to murder clear innocents in broad daylight. Perhaps a Warlord?"

Torque shook his head. "Bah, it doesn't make any sense. Who would set a mad dog like you loose?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Zarhon wrote:
"Well wat' da yah' know - yah' truly do be da' deadlier of da' species. Too bad yah' orders be comin' from lower den mah' hooves be standing on. Yah' superiors must be maggots, willin' ta' bulge on da' dead yah' leave behind. I don't suppose da' maggots, or da' pretty pink fly dat' be loyally buzzin' over dem' have dere' own names, now?"

"I... have no clue what you just said but I feel like you just insulted my worthless weakling of a boss and I can not help but to agree..."

Lyntermas wrote:
"I doubt it. When one views pirates as "competent opponents" as opposed to "scourges of society", I tend to think they're more motivated by sport than by justice. Although, seriously, who are you? Are you one of those Revolutionaries we've heard about?"
"...No, no that can't be it. The Revolutionaries have the support of the university here, they wouldn't go around killing the students. Although perhaps the Revolutionaries are the reason you're here. Pirates don't really have enough bureaucracy to go higher than "boss" or "captain", so that's out. "Orders from on high" would make me think World Government, but even the Marines aren't daft enough to murder clear innocents in broad daylight. Perhaps a Warlord?"
. "Bah, it doesn't make any sense. Who would set a mad dog like you loose?"

"I'm guessing you are the smart one. Although you did just tell me that you all are not my targets it looks like I'll have to kill you anyway. Say would one of you be the one with the devil fruit making this place feel so funny? Oh yea I'm tempted to not tell you but my name's Stone Duster."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Sixty-two paused in his flipping the pages in his book for a moment, suddenly surprised. "Did she say...she could detect Devil Fruit Users?" he said to himself. "How does that work? Is she a Devil Fruit user herself?"

Then he mentally reviewed what she had actually said. A couple quick shakes of the head later, and he was berating himself. "No, of course she didn't say that. Stupid of me to think she did, no? Rather, there's somepony else around here using a Devil Fruit, and she's logically inferred..."

He stopped and took a deep breath. Why was he panicking now? Just a minute ago, he'd run in all gung-ho and excited, and as soon as he'd seen her, he balked. Tried to hide, obstinately for a secret strike, but really because he was...frightened.

Sixty-Two dared another look, taking a deep breath to steady himself. A couple ticks of the clock later, and he understood. This minotaur triggered his phobia.

The way she moved was...almost like water, somehow.

Spoiler:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:59 pm

"I'm guessing you are the smart one. Although you did just tell me that you all are not my targets it looks like I'll have to kill you anyway. Say would one of you be the one with the devil fruit making this place feel so funny? Oh yea I'm tempted to not tell you but my name's Stone Duster."
"Stone Duster, eh? Yah' don't dress like no mason I've seen, let alone act like one. Now den', I'm not da' type ta' be rude, but yah' past and present actions voided yah' of any kindness: yah' killin' be endin' here, yah' mad cow. Da' spirits willin', may no more grief evah' be comin' from yah' actions."

Perception/Streetwise:
Initiative (Not starting fight yet):
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 pm

"A bloodthirsty killer working for a boss she doesn't respect? World Government becomes the clearer candidate, although something tells me you won't be sharing your exact "branch" with us. Regardless, we have very little left to discuss. You want us dead, and as Shallow said, we aren't going to be standing idly by and let you continue to harm innocents." Torque brought some magic up into his horn, and instinctively scraped the ground with his hoof as if preparing to charge. "If it's a fight you want, you may very well get your wish."

Initiative (Just in Case):
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:14 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"This person is capable of...feeling Devil Fruits?" Sixty-Two asked, sloooowly turning the pages in his book to a more...appropriate spell for the situation.

Spoiler:

You have never heard of the name the minotaur gave nor have you seen her before. The Stone has not said what group she belongs to so you are unable to find anything. However you have read that experienced individuals can identify a devil fruit user on sight and that certain vice admirals in the marines practice a martial art that involves a 'finger' bullet.

Zarhon wrote:
"Stone Duster, eh? Yah' don't dress like no mason I've seen, let alone act like one. Now den', I'm not da' type ta' be rude, but yah' past and present actions voided yah' of any kindness: yah' killin' be endin' here, yah' mad cow. Da' spirits willin', may no more grief evah' be comin' from yah' actions."

Perception/Streetwise:
Initiative (Not starting fight yet):

"I can't understand a word you said... could you drop the outrageous accent?"

Now that it has been pointed out to you you can tell that there is a feeling similar to the not quite deadness of the bodies. They both came from the same source but you don't know where that source is.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:36 pm

No.

Zenith recklessly flings the minotaur into the ceiling with telekinesis

No, I'm not doing this.

Zenith follows it up by dropping him down to the floor with a crash.

I am not talking to you like there's nothing going on.

Zenith steps toward the foe.

I am not starting this adventure by randomly following my allies like a lost puppy. I am not just going to stand in a building of murdered innocents like it's no bit deal. I am not playing the 'worthy opponent' game for a vapid monster. I am not going to put up with the 'I was just following orders' schtick. I. AM. NOT. PLEASED.

And you are not leaving.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Z2 wrote: "No."
Zenith recklessly flings the minotaur into the ceiling with telekinesis
"No, I'm not doing this."
Your telekinesis almost catches the minotaur by suprise but a moment before hitting the ceiling you can see her become tense.

Z2 wrote:
Zenith follows it up by dropping him down to the floor with a crash.
"I am not talking to you like there's nothing going on."
The two blows to the ceiling and floor just barely scratch the minotaur .
Z2 wrote:
Zenith steps toward the foe.
"I am not starting this adventure by randomly following my allies like a lost puppy. I am not just going to stand in a building of murdered innocents like it's no bit deal. I am not playing the 'worthy opponent' game for a vapid monster. I am not going to put up with the 'I was just following orders' schtick. I. AM. NOT. PLEASED."

"And you are not leaving."

Spoiler:
As you step forward the minotaur manages to force herself to her hooves.
"That's a rather impressive speech...this will be fun but it's been awhile since I last had to lift half a ton so excuse me if I start out slow."
Initiative 1 and .5

OOC You expected to do that as flavor?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:18 am

Combat Talents:

Torque raised an eyebrow. Zenith's telekinetic display hadn't even phased Stone Cutter. "This will be a challenge, everyone. Don't let your guard down." Torque pulled a small metal square out of his satchel, placed it on the ground beneath him, and pressed a button. The square started to power up, then in a flash projected a blue forcefield around Torque's body. He then pulled some parts from his satchel and started putting them together.

Combat:

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:40 am

I'll not be slowing down on this one.

Zenith glides his right foreleg back across his aglow horn - slicing open a line. Blood ekes out from the wound; solidifying into a blade even with the limb, glinting like a macabre ruby.

The unicorn dashes to his foe, then rears up just before jumping back: raking the blade across the minotaur. Zenith rises right up to face level, and his eyes flash behind his glasses.

Heh, More than you thought you'd be facing, isn't it?

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next