Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 16 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 pm

The snail looks somewhat like Stone Duster and has a small mechanical device attached to it's shell.
"Blast. I had hoped it would have the name of Miss Duster's organization printed on it, or at least look like who she expects to hear on the other end. Oh well, perhaps I can modify it later."

Zarhon wrote:"Thanks pon. Torque, feel free ta' go pick up yah' books while I go get da' stuff. Da' rest of yah' should probably wait for us outside - just pull da' minotaur out near da' ground, or da' ramp I made."
Torque sighed. "I don't know if we're coming or going anymore. Alright, everyone, I'll be back in a bit. Let's see, down this hall, pass the four-way intersection, then third on the left."

Torque made his way to the library, using Professor Browncoat's direction. Glancing at the many books stored within, he made his way up to the librarian at a desk. "Pardon me. I'm doing a little project, and I could use some help finding some books for my research. First, I'd like to find the best way to extract pure hydrogen from either the air or seawater. Second, I'd like to find where certain exotic minerals, such as tungsten and titanium, are located in the world.. Would you please help me find some books that might have the answers I'm looking for?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:27 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
"Red ships... the only that come to mind in that size are the Golden Rose, The Red Dwarf, The Supernova, The Nine Snakes,and the The Old Demon's Tongue."

Sixty-Two chuckled inwardly. "Well, that narrows it down," he thought sardonically. "I suppose it should have occurred to me that red is a very common color amongst pirates." Out loud, he opened his mouth in preparation of thanks, when...

tygerburningbright wrote:As for that crest I do know of one family but it is little importance being nearly dead with both known heirs turning to piracy."

And suddenly the world was upside-down.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:32 pm

[quote="Lyntermas"]

Torque made his way to the library, using Professor Browncoat's direction. Glancing at the many books stored within, he made his way up to the librarian at a desk. "Pardon me. I'm doing a little project, and I could use some help finding some books for my research. First, I'd like to find the best way to extract pure hydrogen from either the air or seawater. Second, I'd like to find where certain exotic minerals, such as tungsten and titanium, are located in the world.. Would you please help me find some books that might have the answers I'm looking for?"

The librarian jolts awake when you speak to her. " Ah yes then you would want the 546s,549s,551s, 669s and 671s. Wait I don't recognize you are you a new student?"

Zarhon wrote:"Thanks pon. Torque, feel free ta' go pick up yah' books while I go get da' stuff. Da' rest of yah' should probably wait for us outside - just pull da' minotaur out near da' ground, or da' ramp I made."

Shallow quickly "unhooks" himself from the prisoner and goes to the art supply room to pick up requested items.

The trip to the art room is rather uneventful and upon arriving the materials you need are stored in plain sight. You can also see a pony who is most definitively not a student looking at a set of paintings.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 pm

The librarian jolts awake when you speak to her. " Ah yes then you would want the 546s,549s,551s, 669s and 671s. Wait I don't recognize you, are you a new student?"

"Actually, no, I'm a visitor, but Professor Browncoat of Applied Mathematics can vouch for me, if that is necessary. My name is Torque, Torque Szarnowski, pleasure to meet you."

Torque started looking in the appropriate sections of the library, looking for books that would fit his needs.

Perception:

OOC: How much time would it take to look through the books, and what would I have to roll (if anything, or to possibly speed things up)?

Last edited by Lyntermas on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Shallow takes a look at the paintings as well, and engages in conversation with the pony as he picks up the needed art supplies.

"Dis' be an odd time ta' be enjoyin da' finer arts. See anyting good?"

Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Boomer at this point works on upgrading the cage that she had just hooked up a bomb to... To make sure that the cage will keep up for longer then a short amought of time.

mechanics check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
"Actually, no, I'm a visitor, but Professor Browncoat of Applied Mathematics can vouch for me, if that is necessary. My name is Torque, Torque Szarnowski, pleasure to meet you."

Torque started looking in the appropriate sections of the library, looking for books that would fit his needs.

Perception:

"Ah yes he always... has the strangest... friends..." The librarian drifts off back to sleep.

After some searching you manage to a older article detailing elcotrolysis of water and a more recent one on usage of algae deprived of sulfur. In a mineralogy book you manage to find out that tungsten can be found in Scheelite, Wolframite both of which can be found in crystal quartz deposits. The only reference to Titanium that you can find is in the Memoir of a master blacksmith who created a process to refine the element but it does not appear that he ever released the process in addition the book details a span of about 100 years and was published about thirty years ago.

Zarhon wrote:Shallow takes a look at the paintings as well, and engages in conversation with the pony as he picks up the needed art supplies.

"Dis' be an odd time ta' be enjoyin da' finer arts. See anyting good?"

Perception:

The paintings are a set of four landscapes one for each season. The Unicorn is dressed in a puffy frilly dress complete with bonnet and parasol stamped with a Jolly Rodger. Now that the spell has faded it is almost impossible to tell. She looks vaguely creepy in your opinion.

"Um where did you come from? And these painting are quite nice... the artist was once quite an infamous pirate."

Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer at this point works on upgrading the cage that she had just hooked up a bomb to... To make sure that the cage will keep up for longer then a short amought of time.

mechanics check:

You manage to use whatever nonexplosive materials that you have on hoof to reenforce the dirt chains.

(the chains will now last for 6 hours or a DC 60 check)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:00 pm

(OOC: Is the NPC speaking with Boomer's voice, or was it randomly chosen font color?)
The paintings are a set of four landscapes one for each season. The Unicorn is dressed in a puffy frilly dress complete with bonnet and parasol stamped with a Jolly Rodger. Now that the spell has faded it is almost impossible to tell. She looks vaguely creepy in your opinion.

"Um where did you come from?"
Shallow grins.
"Why, I came through dat' door, rite there!", he said, pointing at the door of the art room that he entered through. "Just like you, I'm sure!" Very Happy
"But I'm being rude, for not introducing mah'self: Da' name be Shallow."

And these painting are quite nice... the artist was once quite an infamous pirate.
"Infamous, yah' say? Dat' describes a lot of pirates, nowadays. Hard ta' picture such a type a pon ta' paint beauties. Wat' be da' name of dis' artist, and if yah' care ta' share, yah' own, miss?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 pm

tygerburningbright wrote: After some searching you manage to a older article detailing elcotrolysis of water and a more recent one on usage of algae deprived of sulfur. In a mineralogy book you manage to find out that tungsten can be found in Scheelite, Wolframite both of which can be found in crystal quartz deposits. The only reference to Titanium that you can find is in the Memoir of a master blacksmith who created a process to refine the element but it does not appear that he ever released the process in addition the book details a span of about 100 years and was published about thirty years ago.

"Hmm. Well, these provide a few good starting points. That article on algae was rather enlightening. Pity there's no more recent information regarding that blacksmith, or islands that have crystal quartz deposits...or is there?"

Torque started browsing through the books and checking for cross-references to what he had already found out. A little more research couldn't hurt.

History:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 am

Lyntermas wrote:

"Hmm. Well, these provide a few good starting points. That article on algae was rather enlightening. Pity there's no more recent information regarding that blacksmith, or islands that have crystal quartz deposits...or is there?"

Torque started browsing through the books and checking for cross-references to what he had already found out. A little more research couldn't hurt.

History:

The book you curently have mentions that quartz is the second most common mineral in the world being a component of granite sandstone and shale. After some searching you manage to find two more books. The first details a few famous caves most of the caves that contain large amount of crystal quartz appear to be on Autumn and Winter islands in the Grand Line. The second book is a catalog of the Wazamono grade swords one of the smiths is the one you have just read about and the most recent sword by him was only made two years ago.

Zarhon wrote:.

"Um where did you come from?" Shallow grins.
"Why, I came through dat' door, rite there!", he said, pointing at the door of the art room that he entered through. "Just like you, I'm sure!" Very Happy
"But I'm being rude, for not introducing mah'self: Da' name be Shallow."
The pony signs at your overly obvious explanation before introducing herself as well. "I am Shimmer"

[quote='Zarhon"]
"Infamous, yah' say? Dat' describes a lot of pirates, nowadays. Hard ta' picture such a type a pon ta' paint beauties. Wat' be da' name of dis' artist, and if yah' care ta' share, yah' own, miss?"[/quote]
"The Artist was know only as The Hood. He was one of the great pirates active before the current age. Now may I ask why are you here?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am

Now may I ask why are you here?

"Oh, just needed some ting's from here, for, how yah' call em... figurative arts.", Shallow replies, pointing to the supplies. "Or yah' mean da' faculty itself? Just popped in thru' a window, passin' by, doin' favors. And yah', miss? Just browsin' da' art, relaxin'?

The Artist was know only as The Hood. He was one of the great pirates active before the current age.
I'm curious about dis' "Da' Hood". Bet dere' be fables ta' hear behind such a name, and yah' sound like yah'd know a few. Care ta' share any good ones?"

History:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:32 pm

"Ah, that's more like it. The Autumn and Winter Islands for the tungsten, and the smith who crafts Wazamono swords for the titanium. That should be enough leads for now." Torque picked up the pile of books and placed them in the "returned books" box; the librarian would better remember where they were supposed to go than he would (and it would give her something to do when she woke up).

He then made his way back to the group. "Alright, I've gotten the information I need. Once Shallow gets back, we can go and..." Torque looked over at 62, who seemed frozen in place. "...62, are you alright?" He remembered that before he had left for the library, 62 had asked the Professor about a red ship and a crest of sun with a treble clef within. "...Learn something you didn't expect?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:47 am

"...huh?" Sixty-Two replied after what seemed like several hours. "Yes, I...I am fine. I just...require some time alone."

With this, the gray colt slowly trudged towards the exit, a faraway look in his eyes.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:54 am

Zarhon wrote:"Oh, just needed some ting's from here, for, how yah' call em... figurative arts.", Shallow replies, pointing to the supplies. "Or yah' mean da' faculty itself? Just popped in thru' a window, passin' by, doin' favors. And yah', miss? Just browsin' da' art, relaxin'?

I'm curious about dis' "Da' Hood". Bet dere' be fables ta' hear behind such a name, and yah' sound like yah'd know a few. Care ta' share any good ones?"

History:

"You are an artist? And I was just looking for these paintings. From what I have heard he amassed a massive an amount of riches said to be enough to buy an entire country."

You have heard of a pirate named The Hood who stole an entire ship filled with the treasure of a World Nobel. You have never heard of a pony that matches this unicorn's description before.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:54 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"You are an artist?"
"Well, no, not quite an' artist. Dis' be more of a practical hobby, dat' happens ta' fit well mah' job.

tygerburningbright wrote:And I was just looking for these paintings. From what I have heard he amassed a massive an amount of riches said to be enough to buy an entire country."
"So, yah' be looking for da' frames, paper and implied worth dem' pictures be holdin', or da' lands, thoughts and sights dey' be showin'?"
Perception/History:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Zarhon wrote: "Well, no, not quite an' artist. Dis' be more of a practical hobby, dat' happens ta' fit well mah' job.
"Oh that is too bad..."

Zarhon wrote:
"So, yah' be looking for da' frames, paper and implied worth dem' pictures be holdin', or da' lands, thoughts and sights dey' be showin'?"
Perception/History:

"I am rather enjoying the latter."
You can not recognize any of the islands but each has parts distinct enough to be easily remembered. The winter painting is of a frozen castle on the far side of a lake. The spring painting is dominated by a giant cherry tree in full bloom. The Summer painting consists of a hole riddled monolith of stone amidst a desert. The Autumn painting contains a flooded field and a spire emblazoned with a red hawk.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:30 pm

"Hmmm... Do yah' know wat' exactly are dey' showin'? I can't tell if dey' be da' artists fabrications, or real places, painted by eye."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Zarhon wrote:"Hmmm... Do yah' know wat' exactly are dey' showin'? I can't tell if dey' be da' artists fabrications, or real places, painted by eye."

"At least one is real..."

Later
(OOC Sorry have to give this a little push and I am assuming that you are all willing to go out side. Also if anyone wants to do things in the hour that was skipped use either a quote or a header separating it from events in the present.) \

Outside you all can see that the university has calmed down a significant amount but ponies are still avoiding the fancy restaurant door. Around this time Stone Duster begins to stirring just on the verge of waking up.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 pm

"Looks like Sleeping Beastly is about to wake up. Fortunately, Boomer seems to have greatly reinforced her bonds, so we shouldn't have to worry about her breaking out. Let's move her someplace so that we have a bit of privacy for our interrogation." Torque worked with the others to try and drag Stone Duster to a more secluded spot.

"...By the way, Shallow, why did you stop to check that alley where we found Shinestone's body?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Boomer just lurks and watchs for now...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"Looks like Sleeping Beastly is about to wake up. Fortunately, Boomer seems to have greatly reinforced her bonds, so we shouldn't have to worry about her breaking out. Let's move her someplace so that we have a bit of privacy for our interrogation."
"And someplace down' ta' earth, please! An edge is always fine ta' have, wen' engagin' in debates."

Lyntermas wrote:"...By the way, Shallow, why did you stop to check that alley where we found Shinestone's body?"
"Hmm? Wat' do yah' mean, exactly?", Shallow asks, confused.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:36 am

Zarhon wrote:
Lyntermas wrote:"...By the way, Shallow, why did you stop to check that alley where we found Shinestone's body?"
"Hmm? Wat' do yah' mean, exactly?", Shallow asks, confused.
"Well, we were walking along on our way to the university, when you said, out of the blue, that you wanted to check out the alley. However, the only reason we knew something was actually "off" about because 62 and Boomer found the cleaned handle and the patches of blood, not you. Now, I know you could have used your nose to determine who was Stone Duster and who was Shinestone, but again, this was after the fact: you couldn't have followed Shinestone's scent INTO the alley because you never encountered his body until the dumpster, and you couldn't have followed Stone Duster's scent unless you specifically started from where she left the beach, which I know you didn't do.

A couple other things stand out. Your comments to Stone Duster before and during the fight, particularly right before you hit her with your shovel, seemed particularly barbed. Now, granted, this may just have been your anger at the violation of the sanctity of life. However, afterwards, you asked Professor Browncoat if we could interrogate her because "Dere' be a few personal tings ta' deal wit'." Well, call me confused, but...what "personal things"? We've only just met her, and while it might be useful to know who she's working for, I'm at a loss as to what else we are meant to glean from her.

So, Shallow, I suppose I am really asking is this: where have you met Stone Duster before?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Shallow sighed.
"I can say wit' honesty - I never seen, or met her before today, nor has she, but yah', dere' be bad blood between da' two of us. I've been wanderin' da' world, followin' in her hoofsteps, not knowin' who she was, until I found her just now. Been doin' so since mah' late childhood - wanderin' da' isles, lookin' for da' trails she be leavin' behind..."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:42 pm

"...Fair enough. I'm not sure if she'll be "cooperative", but hopefully you can get the answers you need. Anyway, this spot should be good." They had dragged Stone Cutter some distance away from the school, past some bushes. The ground beneath them was still soil, and they were away from any buildings.

"I think she's waking up, so you can get started. You can try dragging her into the ground, but Boomer's reinforcements should keep her in place. I'll keep a lookout in case some Marines or someone gets too close. We can discuss our options for...dealing with her afterwards."

OOC: Trying to keep things moving, so I took some liberties. Let me know if I need to change anything.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:33 pm

"Yah', dis' look like a good spot, pon. Gimme a moment..."

Shallow digs a hole large enough to fit both the minotaur and the cage she's in and buries her into it, so that only her head is exposed. He then taps her horns to wake her.
"Wakey wakey, miss Stone. Let's have a nice, calm and relaxed talk, shall we?"

(OOC: What's the remaining duration on the chains? Do I need to re-apply, or roll athletics to "bury" her, or can I assume it's simple enough to go without?)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next