Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC)

+8
Ramsus
AProcrastinatingWriter
Pingcode
Xel Unknown
Colter Bolt
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
12 posters

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Pingcode Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 am

Don't worry about it, Paper Shadow. This isn't my first rodeo, and I'm in the Ponysona game as well right now, so I'm hardly a newcomer. Like I said, the big obstacle was simply that most of my relevant characters/concepts were already in active play.

But it's your prerogative as GM to delay or cancel as you see fit. No need for apologies. Unfortunate, but not out of the ordinary.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 am

Y'know, maybe I overreacted a bit. Revenge is a common motif in story telling, and I really like the design of the opening episode too much to just throw it away, even if I reuse some of the assets. I'll start the game soon. I will need to conjure a Table of Fun though, but that's no problem...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 am

I don't even see why you where gonna change it...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am

Hey, if the table of fun is problematic, I can just switch it over to the Element of Loyalty's effect instead - which on consideration is really a much better fit for Laughter, cf. Giggle at the Ghostie, Hop Skip and a Jump, and really most of the things Pinkie does when she's not herself the subject of misfortune.

And, well, at the risk of rekindling flames, I gotta ask if we can please not drag grudges into here, now or in future? I'd like to hope we're all mature adults who can handle disagreements in a civil fashion, and ideally not drag them out like this. Quite frankly, it's making it uncomfortable to even be in this thread. I'm here to play make believe with cartoon horsies, not spectate forums drama, and I would very much prefer it if we could avoid the latter and focus on enjoying the ponies.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 am

Pingcode wrote:Hey, if the table of fun is problematic, I can just switch it over to the Element of Loyalty's effect instead - which on consideration is really a much better fit for Laughter, cf. Giggle at the Ghostie, Hop Skip and a Jump, and really most of the things Pinkie does when she's not herself the subject of misfortune.
You don't have to if you don't want to. I might just take the table of fun that other forum members worked together on in a thread and rearrange it a bit...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Pingcode wrote:Hey, if the table of fun is problematic, I can just switch it over to the Element of Loyalty's effect instead - which on consideration is really a much better fit for Laughter, cf. Giggle at the Ghostie, Hop Skip and a Jump, and really most of the things Pinkie does when she's not herself the subject of misfortune.
You don't have to if you don't want to. I might just take the table of fun that other forum members worked together on in a thread and rearrange it a bit...

Ultimately it strikes me that the 'Pinkie Pie is so random' rod of wonder effect, while amusing, doesn't really hit the Element of Laughter all that well, based on Giggle at the Ghostie being her 'Laughter moment' that was invoked by Twilight to peg her as her element.

I'll just take it - no need to make things overcomplicated, and you can always throw random absurdities at if/when it strikes your fancy.

Besides, with the element loadout we've got, I'm at no risk of treading on anybody else's toes.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 ElVRxkD Sparks, with his wide range of skills, represents the element of... Magic!
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 ElVRxkD Storm Blade, with his commitment to showing leadership, represents the element of... Magic!
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 BxUGBQv Uh, beg pardon?
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 HmdSbsr Just go with it.
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 ElVRxkD Necrar, by being literally transparent, represents the element of... Honesty!
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Z2MKeFh
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 ElVRxkD Aces High, by seeing through the tricks of others, represents the element of... Honesty again!
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Oej2p3b Something ain't right here...
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 CItAk6e Twilight, dear, are you sure you're not reading from two l-
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 MmZypSk I said, just go with it.
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 VZd0fSA And Moonshot, as the... only... remaining... candidate... represents, er, the other four elements!
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 RmImv67Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 HqgOEorAdventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 M4cMZLKAdventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 TFNRLmWAdventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Kxm06XvAdventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 46ulpt4
Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 7dTLF39 SHUT UP EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE WE HAVE A BOAT TO CATCH PRINCESS AWAY
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:04 pm

You literally had me falling off my chair from that. Keep up the good work.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Excuse me while I die of laughter.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:28 pm

Don't worry you'll be back to life in what, 30 minutes top. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 pm

And that's how Equestria was annihilated!

:D
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:24 pm

My final words before I die of laughter are: You've got a point. On my way home I was thinking of switching Necrar's element, and even though magic would fit better, to generosity or kindness. I justify this with his history and wanting to make up for it so his conscience doesn't haunt him. And now I die.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:27 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:And that's how Equestria was annihilated!

:D
Well, good thing that Saint-Trotez is set in Eurclope then (I'm so sorry for the awful name)...

On that note, I should mention to Tyger and Fury that, since this campaign is set to the land east of Equestia, and you two are playing, as far as I can tell from your backstories, either Equestian Guards or Guards-in-Training, your characters are either going to or currently at Saint-Trotez as a part of a Guard Exchange Programme to increase ties between the Equestia and Eurclope. Sparks was selected because, as his backstory says, he needs down time. Storm gets a bit of a choice, you can either have it be so that he was randomly selected, chosen by a higher-up, or volunteered to go to Saint-Trotez, with the knowledge that you'll be training under a great Eurclope Captain, who retired to the position of of Commander of the guards of Saint-Trotez. If either of you have a problem with this, or feel that I have misread your character's backstory, do say so. I was going to message you two this knowledge, but it's good here too...

As for anyone else, if there is any questions about knowledge your characters would already have about the city, ask now, or forever hold your silence to the results of streetwise rolls...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

I'll say he volunteered... as long as Spark's isn't the captain you mentioned.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I'll say he volunteered... as long as Spark's isn't the captain you mentioned.
The captain is an NPC, and unless one of you wishes for your character to be a lower rank than the other's, both Spark and Storm are the same rank, so don't worry about that...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 pm

GOOD.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
The captain is an NPC, and unless one of you wishes for your character to be a lower rank than the other's, both Spark and Storm are the same rank, so don't worry about that...

er didn't you just say Strom Blade was a guard in training?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:20 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:

Hey. He's the DM right? So shouldn't you listen to him?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Questions! Yes, important questions! Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Drhx3Gf

Who won the last Europony Song Contest?
Does this mean Equestria is Spain?
If not, will we get to go to Space?
Are we in Prance, as Saint Trotez suggests?
How outrageously French should we be?
Where can a pony get a good Diabolo Menthe?
Do Sparks and Storm have to learn the Maresellaise?
Does the Saint Trotez gendarmerie use cars or scooters?
If the latter do we get to drive around town on little motor scooters?

Also, if Sparks and Storm are exchange guards does that means Moonshot (being the local newbie guard) might have been assigned to show them around town! Hurrah!

(Also Fury, dude, seriously, can you not keep dragging this in? Try to get along in this thread, at least, because having this grudge keep coming up is just making things unpleasant for everyone. If you have such a serious OOC issue with Tyger you can't stand to be in the same game as him, then it's better to walk than to exacerbate the issue by constantly attacking him.)
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm not dragging any judge in here nor am I attacking him.

Save from being happy about his character being not senior to mine.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:

I said that you both were either guards or guards in training, and that you were both the same rank. As such, both Spark and Storm are either both guards, or both guards in training. I'll leave the decision up to you two to decide, but I will make the choice if you two can't agree...

Pingcode wrote:Questions! Yes, important questions! Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 Drhx3Gf

Who won the last Europony Song Contest?
Does this mean Equestria is Spain?
If not, will we get to go to Space?
Are we in Prance, as Saint Trotez suggests?
How outrageously French should we be?
Where can a pony get a good Diabolo Menthe?
Do Sparks and Storm have to learn the Maresellaise?
Does the Saint Trotez gendarmerie use cars or scooters?
If the latter do we get to drive around town on little motor scooters?

Also, if Sparks and Storm are exchange guards does that means Moonshot (being the local newbie guard) might have been assigned to show them around town! Hurrah!
Oh boy...

• I could tell you, but I'd rather you roll a Streetwise check...
  • Equestia is America. That's why it has places such are Manehatten and Los Pegasus...
  • Sadly, not in the foreseeable future. I'm trying to keep the beef of the campaign in Saint-Trotez. It doesn't mean that it won't happen, but there's no plans yet...
  • Huh, I guess we are in Prance...
  • As much as you want to, I guess. Just don't offend anypony if it isn't you normal accent, and if it is, you may never stop.
  • Any bar serves them, but to know where to get a good one, that would require a Streetwise check...
  • Depends, have you seen any character in My Little Pony sing their national anthem? If so, I guess they will, but off camera...
  • Nope. This campaign is a similar technology level as the show. The main forms of getting around the city is on hoof, with carriages and boats being the main transport Saint-Trotez uses as connections to other cities...
  • Sadly no. Maybe in another campaign. PONY TALES ON MOTORCYCLES!

As for your last point, that's a good idea. Sure. Moonshot, your commander, Golden Wall, tired of seeing you attempt your much beloved (and admittedly impressive) trick shots when chasing thieves, has given you the simple job of greeting the exchange guards and show them around town before training begins the next night. They arrive at the port at dusk, so be there, and unless you enjoy, as Golden Wall puts it, "washing your tower from top to bottom with a foal's toothbrush," you better make sure that no disasters happen...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Save from being happy about his character being not senior to mine.

And that's enough on its own, alright?

Paper Shadow wrote:[*]Sadly no. Maybe in another campaign. PONY TALES ON MOTORCYCLES!

yes good perfect

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
I said that you both were either guards or guards in training, and that you were both the same rank. As such, both Spark and Storm are either both guards, or both guards in training. I'll leave the decision up to you two to decide, but I will make the choice if you two can't agree...

Ah ok then fury would you mind us both being full guards?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 am

Not particularly...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Excellent! Well, welcome to the Chevaudarmerie, visiting Equestrian guards!

I've made some edits to my sheet - traded out the perception specialisation into acrobatics (because Moonshot is the only dispeller) and retrained for Streetwise (As one of the local characters and tasked with showing the visitors around besides, Moonshot should probably have it Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 3 7sS9zgm), swapped the Laughter power for the Loyalty power, and edited 'Night Guard' to Chevaudarmerie because 'Horses at Arms' is too good to pass up.

And also makes Moonshot a reference to a 1964 French comedy. Huh, go figure.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Hey, sorry for the double post but do we have an ETA to thread start?
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next