Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon.

+8
Z2
Demonu
Zarhon
Xel Unknown
Lyntermas
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Hayatecooper
12 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon. - Page 4 Empty Re: Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon.

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:13 am

Racials and Talents sorted. I briefly considered selecting I've Read a Lot About It 5 times and just dominating skill checks, but I opted for a more selective operational setup.

Now I need Combat stuffs. I could either go with my tried and true 70+ damage combo, or I could try a new one based on the strengths and weaknesses of the group.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon. - Page 4 Empty Re: Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon.

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Yo Dusk?

Still alive?
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Mostly.

Anyway, I don't think anything I could come up with would be as good as what others have posted... which is largely why I haven't done much other work on Greyscale, beyond picking out a list of combat stats...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Doesn't matter how good you make... Just make something.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:22 pm

^

This
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 pm

I agree with these two.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Grawr.

Very well, but I've got a post in a campaign and a PM to write first!
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Yay
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Renamed Canard to Special Order. Additionally added Talent Spec points and a grapple charm since I had forgotten those the first time.
Also bio'd the minions on a whim.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Sweet
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 am

Door Kicker has a more or less finalized combat and item setup, which I think just about does it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:23 pm

One of the only current role-plays, and with an extremely interesting type/missions of RPing that I've ever seen.

Why. Oh why does the Background have to COMPLETELY RUIN the RP?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Would you care to explain exactly what you mean by that?
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:Would you care to explain exactly what you mean by that?

That Celestia actions are completely and utterly out of character.

If Luna wanted to make her own republic, Princess Celestia would SUPPORT HER SISTER'S CHOICE. She might not like it, but she would support it!

Just as long as she didn't try to fight.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Ok.
1. Luna left because of a spat she had with her sister over the living quarters of Discord.

2. How is it out of character for a ruler not to want to effectively split up her land between her sister and disrupt the lives of her subjects?

3. Luna did try to fight, they both did. As it stats a lot of heated words were exchanged and Luna left; they didn't exact part on the best of terms.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:1. Luna left because of a spat she had with her sister over the living quarters of Discord.

2. How is it out of character for a ruler not to want to effectively split up her land between her sister and disrupt the lives of her subjects?

3. Luna did try to fight, they both did. As it stats a lot of heated words were exchanged and Luna left; they didn't exact part on the best of terms.

I'll put this straight. Princess Luna leaving because of a heated argument is STUPID. It was JUST AN ARGUMENT. They are very old, they would know how to make up after such an argument, Princess Celestia would at least. Having been a ruler for 1000 years. And forgiving Luna after she TRIED TO KILL ALL LIVING LIFE ON THE PLANET, which also resulted in Celestia having to rule a country for 1000 years ALONE. Knowing that she would outlive EVERYONE around her.

Second. Princess Celestia will NEVER. EVER. EVER cause bloodshed. She would respond bloodshed, but she would NEVER take an action which would purposefully cause action to her subject unless there was NO other choice.

Honestly, its making the Princess act like immature 2 years, not the ancient and wise creatures they are! Discord is the emotional one.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Ok.

Let me post the relevant passages here.

Things were said by both sides after the later weeks that, and is known for a fact,
were regretted later. Luna however left, claiming that she was going to create her
own republic; setting up in the Hayseed swamps she began her own camps and makeshift
towns for any who came to join her. Both sisters were angry and Celestia responded
with threats to Luna’s capture of what the Sun Princess claimed as her territory.

Soldiers began to fight, without instructions, and after the destruction of third party
property due to riots both sisters blamed the other and turned to war.

Note this bit in particular

Soldiers began to fight, without instructions, and after the destruction of third party
property due to riots both sisters blamed the other and turned to war.

Here's essentially what happened. Celestia didn't want to give up land rights, because as a ruler she wants to be able to keep Equestria whole and pleasant for the Ponies and other creatures to live. Luna took objection to that(After speaking and sympathizing with Discord), being the more emotional of the sisters(Case in point Nightmare Moon, her reactions Nightmare Night). She argued with her sister and left, taking territory and raising an army and places to live.

Soldiers started to fight, WITHOUT instruction from either sister. This caused relations for both to drop and the war between them started in earnest with Luna capturing more of Celestia's territory. There is a reason it became a spy war in the end, to stop the mass amounts of bloodshed head to head battles caused.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:40 pm

The story seemed to make sense to me, but that was because, the way I saw it, the whole thing started as a result of, for the most part, misunderstandings.

Meanwhile, Hayate, while your determination to see my finished character sheet puzzles me, it is slowly coming along... having to decide on just eight combat talents is a pain, as is choosing which theme I want to go for... self-sacrificing paladin or precise sniper...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh, I want it done so yeah.

I can start stating monsters and make sure nothing I've planned is undo-able or too easy for any particular character. It also means I can stop worrying about it.

Also, before I forget. Did you check the times and find out if it was going to clash with anything else? Think it was you who said something about that.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:48 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:Here's essentially what happened. Celestia didn't want to give up land rights, because as a ruler she wants to be able to keep Equestria whole and pleasant for the Ponies and other creatures to live. Luna took objection to that(After speaking and sympathizing with Discord), being the more emotional of the sisters(Case in point Nightmare Moon, her reactions Nightmare Night). She argued with her sister and left, taking territory and raising an army and places to live.

Soldiers started to fight, WITHOUT instruction from either sister. This caused relations for both to drop and the war between them started in earnest with Luna capturing more of Celestia's territory. There is a reason it became a spy war in the end, to stop the mass amounts of bloodshed head to head battles caused.

... Luna is more emotional of her sister, that is true. But her actions are still extreme, even for one as emotional as her. Additionally, Celestia not sympathizing with Discord at all is stupid. She lived 1000 years as a ruler of ponies. She would understand the pain the loss of a dear friend would cause more than Luna would.

I can understand that Celestia would prefer to keep Equestria as 1 country, but she wouldn't fight her sister if she decided to make her own kingdom. Its not like the sisters are going to fight. After all, Celestia forgave Luna for backstabbing her and trying to kill the entire world, so I think she'll be able to get along with her as a ruler of her own kingdom.

And if her soldiers DID fight Luna's soldiers. She would respond with apology's and by kicking those stupid soldiers out of the army INSTANTLY.

No matter how you put it. No matter HOW you look at it. THERE. IS. NO. POSSIBLE. WAY. PRINCESS LUNA AND PRINCESS CELESTIA WOULD EVER FIGHT. EVER, Nor would Princess Celestia stay angry at her sister for a long-period of time, let alone let her anger control her actions.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 pm

>No matter how you put it. No matter HOW you look at it. THERE. IS. NO. POSSIBLE. WAY. PRINCESS LUNA AND PRINCESS CELESTIA WOULD EVER FIGHT. EVER

http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw2610-13280991906263.jpg

And Proof that you are wrong:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr-DjBgQ_WkGiSInK1Xsz0xXKnxdfpeX1byl9KfEt48Y2kHLyRSw

Oh right, forgot Nightmare Moon wasn't a thing. My Mistake, silly me mixing up Canon and Fanon like that.

Last edited by Hayatecooper on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:>No matter how you put it. No matter HOW you look at it. THERE. IS. NO. POSSIBLE. WAY. PRINCESS LUNA AND PRINCESS CELESTIA WOULD EVER FIGHT. EVER

http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw2610-13280991906263.jpg

Oh right, forgot Nightmare Moon wasn't a thing. My Mistake, silly me mixing up Canon and Fanon like that.

Nightmare Moon is the EXACT REASON THEY WON'T FIGHT.

THEY'VE BEEN THERE. THEY'VE ENCOUTERED THE RESULTS. THEY'VE LEARNED THEIR BUCKING LESSON.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Your statement was that would never fight ever.

Which means they have never fought.

Stating that Nightmare Moon either didn't exist or doesn't constitute a fight. How am I, or anyone else for that matter, meant to trust your posts when you get such simple things incorrect?
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Fury: if you don't like someone's idea for a game, you don't have to play it. However, you really shouldn't start insulting the DM/PH's game. If you don't believe the characters would react in that way, fine, but cussing, even using the censored one, at the person is rude.

Hayate: Please don't bait someone- that Discord pic would get a lot of people angry, and taunting with "Oh right, forgot Nightmare Moon wasn't a thing. My Mistake, silly me mixing up Canon and Fanon like that. " is just going to get himangry. Along with your latest post "How am I, or anyone, supposed to listen if you get a simple thing wrong."

Both of you, please stop right here.

Last edited by LoganAura on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:Your statement was that would never fight ever.

Which means they have never fought.

Stating that Nightmare Moon either didn't exist or doesn't constitute a fight. How am I, or anyone else for that matter, meant to trust your posts when you get such simple things incorrect?

I. Meant. In. Current. Times. Stop twisting my words around. It just weakens your argument.

Not that you ever had an argument in the first place really.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next