Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators)

+9
susan23027
tygerburningbright
Golmorgoth
Seiko
Zkin
Zarhon
Hayatecooper
AProcrastinatingWriter
SparkImpulse
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators)

Post  Golmorgoth Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:19 am

Lol you're really into this bunny thing, aren't you?

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty um, yeah!

Post  susan23027 Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:23 am

well, being a bunny is her thing, so yeah!

susan23027
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty stealing a tissue, only to get a critical fail.

Post  susan23027 Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:28 am

so, I was about to roll my pony smarts to get close to a pony without being noticed, (to get a tissue) only to roll a 3 on it. I'm not really sure how that would go, as with D&D it would be up to the DM. I was going to use Thunderscale's insistence on helping Windy to cover my actions. My next action would have been to reach my head up to their pocket to steal it with my teeth.

Last edited by susan23027 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to make what I'm trying to do more clear)

susan23027
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty ah, yeah; about that.

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:30 am

So, who were you stealing it from? Protip: they noticed. Maybe whatever kerfluffle you cause bring Thunderscale back over to you ... thus keeping him out of jail for the night.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty I'm Back

Post  Seiko Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:04 am

So, stuff. My e-mail isn't working or something and I had no Idea things were happening until about 20 min ago. Buuuuuuut.... yeah. Hi, i'm back.

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators)

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:39 am

Seiko wrote:So, stuff. My e-mail isn't working or something and I had no Idea things were happening until about 20 min ago. Buuuuuuut.... yeah. Hi, i'm back.
You might check your 'preferences' ... it could be your profile lost your correct email address, or somehow the thread got un-followed.

Anyway ... I think I said this either in-thread or in PMs, but Windy is stable, and also missing one of her molars.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Seiko Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:43 am

Nope, my e-mail suddenly decided that poneytales was spam, I fixed it though.

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty um,

Post  susan23027 Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:55 am

so, I take it that the guard doesn't really care that I almost stole his wallet?

susan23027
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:57 am

susan23027 wrote:so, I take it that the guard doesn't really care that I almost stole his wallet?
He checked, it was still there, he was about to suggest Turnover offer his hankerchief when the suspect started violently screaming.

The distraction had a distraction. You're safe.

for now.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zkin Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 am

So.  I rather feel like circumstances have been changed and interrupted to the significant detriment of my character.  I feel portrayed as a witless pushover.  Discrepancies have arisen in the process, the culmination of which is solid reasoning for my character to believe this was a set-up by Turnover and these two lackeys.

P.S. While I'm kinda tense following the near loss of my computer, my in character reactions reflect mostly the realization that, having arrived in less than a minute without apparently running, with ponies apparently able to double-move an ordinary 60 feet in 6 seconds, they had to have been within line of sight of the fight to arrive so quickly.  Turnover indicated they were guarding a warehouse in town, from which the produce was to be shipped, while we were guarding its source, way out in the orchards.  Even if this was a misunderstanding, it is an extreme discrepancy that demands explanation.

Zkin
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:25 pm

I feel portrayed as a witless pushover.
Going up against the might of the entirity of the Equesrian army is a bad plan. Even if you defeat these two, you are now marked as a traitor to the nation and will be attacked on recognition anywhere you go. Any shop keeper who realizes who your are will, at best, refuse to do business with you. Following in the plan you set out just now would result in your certain execution. End of game.

You don't disrespect the cops. Ever. If you believe you've encountered corruption, there are ways you can pursue to bring it to the light of higher ups, but attacking cops will just see you rolling up a new character.

Turnover indicated they were guarding a warehouse in town
There are more than two or three guards in the city. Turnover arranged a stakeout in town, but doesn't have any reason to trust you. For all he can see, the inside job is you and being discreetly off-camera is the best way to end this crime spree.

Think about it ... he's investigating this very thing, and oh look, "relatives" the Orange family doesn't know show up, promising to fix everything. Of course he was nearby with a little muscle.

Oh, and two more things.

with ponies apparently able to double-move an ordinary 60 feet in 6 seconds
I'm assuming you mean the pegasi leaving your range of vision? It's not going to be unusual, either. Pegasi are faster than anyone in the party is.

Even if this was a misunderstanding, it is an extreme discrepancy that demands explanation
Sorry, no. You can mistrust the cops if you wish, but investigators aren't required to explain themselves to you.

Okay, so ... totally OOC and plot-spoiling truth: Turnover is one of the good guys. Really. A bit of a bumbling stooge at times and I wasn't expecting you to be dealing with him much after "tonight", but he really is trying to uncover the truth.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty Element of Laughter

Post  Golmorgoth Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm really tempted to trigger my element of laughter to try to diffuse some of the in-game tension, but having no idea what the tons o' fun table looks like, I'm concerned it might do more harm than good

Golmorgoth
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty do you feel lucky, 'corn? Well? Do you?

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Golmorgoth wrote:I'm really tempted to trigger my element of laughter to try to diffuse some of the in-game tension, but having no idea what the tons o' fun table looks like, I'm concerned it might do more harm than good
You've got a 1:3 chance. Morely likely to be amusing that harmful.

Although both 18, and 89 .... Crying or Very sad 
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty bland

Post  susan23027 Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:32 pm

I think that Sugar Plum, in rabbit from, would prefer things that are not as heavily seasoned, so she votes for the gryphon

susan23027
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:33 pm

susan23027 wrote:I think that Sugar Plum, in rabbit from, would prefer things that are not as heavily seasoned, so she votes for the gryphon
PM! This is a secret vote!

ah, well. your vote counts

Which is actually kinda scary. They've gained sapience?
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty smart animals

Post  susan23027 Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:36 pm

even the animals that don't talk in MLP tend to be fairly intelligent, and even opinionated, so I don't think it would be that weird.

susan23027
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:37 pm

susan23027 wrote:even the animals that don't talk in MLP tend to be fairly intelligent, and even opinionated, so I don't think it would be that weird.

Not the rabbit. Your vote. your vote can count.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty irl, I would want spicy

Post  susan23027 Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:55 pm

I would like spicy in real life, as long as it isn't too spicy

susan23027
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty That, I'm afraid, was not unexpected

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:46 pm

How do the rest of us feel? Should we open it up to a player or two more?

EDIT: I would understand if you feel that continuing would amount to an insult to your existing relationship to zkin. I'm not here to make you choose sides.

I'm going to be out of town anyway, for a while so maybe I'll open this up later ... much later

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity. But not Claritin.)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty See post one.

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Bumping to point out the new-edit there at the top. I won't be able to say much more because I'm busy Razz planning to visit a horse show in the wilds of Montana but when I get back Suspect 
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty Been back for a while

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:32 pm

The players haven't said much. Are we ok to continue to the next plot point? Shall I introduce the next NPC?

Also, I see the read-counts skyrocketing but nobody's posting a hey-what-about-me char sheet for reje^H^H consideration. I've gotten the okay from the current players so if you want in, say something.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty Well, here's a sheet

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:13 pm

So if you are looking for a new pony, here's Meadowlark the earth pony

I'm totally welcome to suggestions on how to improve her, and if it doesn't work at all, that's ok too.

Also, since I couldn't insert an image of her in the document, you can find out what she looks like by going to Pony Creator on deviantart and putting 2S2S000000FF7DFEFE73F30020100BB96UN1837001000000Y1FEEDE820E8F903107F3FCC004CB2
into the create window.

Thanks for your time everyone:D
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty Can't see her yet!

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:23 pm

mjh6 wrote:So if you are looking for a new pony, here's Meadowlark the earth pony
You'll want to change the permissions so "anyone with the link" can "view" ... that's a setting you get by clicking on the blue "share" button ... which you'll currently notice has a giant padlock next to the word, I'm guessing.

However, I was able to create a small .png of her appearance, at least.

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PNG for the viewing)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty Ok, try now

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:46 pm

I think I got her this time.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 3 Empty looks good

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:33 pm

yes, char sheet visible now; thanks.

Do you have any immediate thoughts on how you'd like to join the party?

While I think about my half of this aspect, I think we should let the topic simmer so other players can see / respond to that, too.

My gut instinct is, you've arranged a gig at tastes from a broad winged owlbear, and the party will meet you after .lunch. Except the timing of a particular set of conversations would be disturbed then. It might work out anyway as your character would then have the motivation to influence the party for the next step of the campaign, were she included.

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : never write while you're on the phone)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next