Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators)

+9
susan23027
tygerburningbright
Golmorgoth
Seiko
Zkin
Zarhon
Hayatecooper
AProcrastinatingWriter
SparkImpulse
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty meeting up with the party

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:00 pm

That sounds fine.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty so, proceed to lunch?

Post  SparkImpulse Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:23 pm

If there are no further actions, I'm typing up the scene at Owlbear now, and ‽ is the last player to join ... the rest of you know him and he's hoping play by post won't show the problems that in-person DnD gave him. Anyway maybe he'll be in the restaurant somewhere to join you afterwords.

But first! Singing!

Mjh6 do you want to write up a song? Post a Youtube link of you singing? If you like, I consider myself a would-be poet and wouldn't mind writing a song Meadowlark can be singing, if you want to give me a narrow enough topic. At least let us know the genre cat 
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Meadowlark's song

Post  mjh6 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Wow, if you want to write some of Meadowlark's song, I'd appreciate that.Smile 

As for what kind of song, I'd guess a pop song, and the topic would be new beginnings and looking towards the future. I would prefer it not be an outright love song, but if their are hints of romance, it's ok.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty how much do you want the boon, vs. a little mayhem behind you?

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Seiko wrote:I'll look for ponies who look... Adventury?
I hear word there's going to be a buffalo worth hooking up with ... but no "pony character" yet

I was more asking do you want to sit in the front, or the back ... I can move your contacts around afterwords. MJH6 do you want to set your first number on stage? I'm still working out how to get you in touch with a particular audience member and I don't want to move too fast for, say, golmogorath who hasn't logged on for a few days now.

but feel free to roleplay some stuff while I work out further details of getting contacts in contact with you. Meadowlark's mysterious message with come into play soon enough, which will kick off the next leg of the main story arc.

That can be done in a cave, or at a campsite en route thereto, as well. Just, figure out how to drag a singer along into a bug infested ruin ... works out okay for Indiana Jones, often enough. Hmm... that involved a nasty barfight, didn't it?
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators)

Post  mjh6 Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:48 am

So, you think I should introduce myself on the main thread right now? I don't have a problem if that's what it is, but I'd just like to clarify.

Also, for the record, before putting on the earrings, I'd like to roll a Perception check, looking for any physical changes that could indicate spells (for example, the slight ringing noise that accompanies an Audiomancy listening spell.) I don't think there are any, at least any I could sense, but might as well.

Ok, it seems really unlikely since I rolled a 3, but oh well

3+14(cutie mark skill)+3(eagle eye)+5(Freaky knowledge magical items )=25
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators)

Post  SparkImpulse Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:55 am

mjh6 wrote:3+14(cutie mark skill)+3(eagle eye)+5(Freaky knowledge magical items )=25
Introduce yourself however you like, but the player who was talking about making a buffalo character has had a change of plans and is indisposed for at least a few days ... so all the players are inside the restaurant, I think.

You're right, a 3 isn't too good. but your good eyes make up for it. No ringing, but a glint. I'm going to PM you the details of what you find in a moment.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty still suffering PH block

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:08 pm

So, how to get you guys together?
I have a vague idea that I can't quite visualize ... There's a set of bad-guys that may introduce themselves about now, but I'm not sure yet how that would result in getting the singer and a pair of mages together.

Thoughts? I can introduce the mid-boss at any time What a Face 
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Let me know if you haven't heard this one

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:40 pm

So, here's my current plan: One set of bad guys introduce themselves to the mages at the table ... another party explains the thing with the earrings to the singer after her set.

Then it'll be up to you guys to run into each other after the singing.

I'm writing up the table talk next; should have it up (I hope) before I go home tonight.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty *tap* *tap* anybody out there?

Post  SparkImpulse Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:23 pm

So, Seiko, Flarestar, you're perfectly welcome to just nod politely to the pegasus ... she's self righteous enough that she won't likely notice if you're not agreeing with the degree of patriotism she wears as her emotional shield.

MJH6 do you want to just go ahead and move to the music set? Describe as much as you want I'll work something out to get the party together later ... or you guys could arrange it, or whatever.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty BTW

Post  Seiko Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 pm

I might be a bit busy this week but will try to keep posting, sorry.

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Lights! Music! Meadowlark!

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Should I do the transition or do you want to take the next scene, mjh6? I think you're about up.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty transitions

Post  mjh6 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:07 pm

A little transition might be nice
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Rolling

Post  mjh6 Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 pm

got an 8 on the perception check, so
8+14+3=25

and an 11 on the arcana check
11+7+5(freaky knowledge magical objects)= 23
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty normally this would be via PM, but since the party is split, I'll do it in the open

Post  SparkImpulse Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:20 pm

mjh6 wrote:got an 8 on the perception check, so
8+14+3=25

and an 11 on the arcana check
11+7+5(freaky knowledge magical objects)= 23
There was a soft pop. It wasn't that she was invisible, she teleported ... and made no noise. This might lead you to believe she really does live a life of paranoia. Also, consider that she probably could track where in the room you where, based on the spell on those earrings, reducing the liklihood of an awkward teleport.

Her eyes will occasionally twitch to the corners of the room, as if looking for some other invisible pony to appear. She's frightened as well as tired.

Her coronet band bracelets are enchanted, yes. A single, simple enchantment but you can't tell what it is, only that it's not active right now. The cloak is woven with the right mix of threads to hold an enchantment, or maybe just raw magical energy ... but it looks like just a cloak, right now.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty cant post because

Post  SparkImpulse Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:58 pm

So, I have a couple suggestions of how to proceed but however you want to play it I'll try to get the part together and keep Emerald alive since she's kinda important as your contact w/the Failures. The pegasus mare has the contact with the PPP, if the party wants to go that route. Razz 

I have a migraine and can barely see the screen, though.

mjh6, why don't you give me a perception check for finding if ponies meeting Emerald's description are in the audience? I'll try to post some action tonight or in the morning, when I feel better.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Hope you feel better!

Post  mjh6 Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Perception check

Well, would you look at that, a 19 in my cutie mark skill! And since I'm an Earth pony..

for the record
19+14+3= 36
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty critically acclaimed in her field!

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:23 am

mjh6 wrote:Perception check

Well, would you look at that, a 19 in my cutie mark skill! And since I'm an Earth pony..

for the record
19+14+3= 36
So, right now I'm writing up the results in the limited third person point of view ... IOW, I'm writing for Meadowlark because I can get all the pieces in, that way, including my suggestions of how you might collect the troublemakers and keep them occupied.

Do you want me to just post that, or PM you so you can pick and choose the parts that end up representing you?
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:27 am

a pm would be nice:D 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty hopefully we're nearly all together now!

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:11 am

mjh6 I didn't exactly polish that 'post' because it's at this point just an info-dump PM. Any questions PM me or post, or whatever.

Flarestar & Seiko are about to be involved. (yay!) And while it's true I may have to set the place on fire, I don't expect Flarestar's help, as it won't, from the proprietor's perspective, be deliberate or called for. I'll be sure and let her know if this changes, okay golmogorath? Very Happy 
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty preferences, people?

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Do you guys want to get out of the city as a party, somehow, or should I start a riot and you guys enter combat in a crowded restaurant? I'll start writing up some contingencies tonight.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Roit or whatever.

Post  Seiko Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:15 pm

I don't really care so long as we can get started.

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:16 pm

I think entering combat might be fun:) 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Map ... it's a bit primitive

Post  SparkImpulse Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:12 am

so, link here https://www.dropbox.com/s/zifm1ab5egridzr/OwlbearMap.png

No grid like last time but I think we'll manage. If not I'll redo it ;-) I've got the source files it came from. Cheerilee Derp 

So, tables are numbered, they're small as dinner tables go but are considered to have a "large" size base (most of four 5'-on-a-side squares) but a movement action can be spent to flip them. Goooooooal! I don't expect to declare they're offering cover, unless someone deliberately uses them for cover.

Such as Angry pegasus #1, hiding in a booth. Those red things are the table sections of the booths. Pink things at the other end are storage shelves. Kitchens aren't marked but the green angled bar, is the door into the kitchen area. Purple rectangle on the left is the menu stand where the hippogriff greeted the party of two. Green box to the left of that is the front door. Me damn it, Twi 

'C' is for creepy. The pushy mare is Creep #1, Snarky Periwinkle Unicorn is 2C, pinning the 4th-Angry to the 3rdCreep, all far right. S / F are Seiko Flarestare, please forgive my haste and inability to represent even my meager drawing skill using a trackball in the GIMP. The nickel marked M is M ... eadow. Lark. You can kinda read where I wrote that.

Getting into the 'stage' area will take some finesse as there's a ramp to either jump, or go to the right and climb again. Closet/Dressingroom is the green box that adjoins the 'stage' unmarked area.

Any other questions, let me know. MJH6 has already PM'd me her initiative and intentions. Let's do this! Daring Do 

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ponymotes, of course.)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty edited OP for current sitch

Post  SparkImpulse Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:18 am

it might be that only one dropped out and not all three but ...

If you're looking to join a campaign, read up on the old and new I-C threads and whip up an investigator. Easiest way to get them in is the game is to assume they were at our element of Kindness' concert eating lunch. So once you're approved, roll initiative and we can dive in!

(hopefully this won't die completely, MJH6)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 4 Empty Dropping

Post  Seiko Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:22 am

Sorry everyone it's... just not working for me. I'm quitting. Please have fun!

Seiko
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next