Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 5 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Does the country need a name before we start?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 5 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Well most of the character was built form me and Ramsus chatting on skype... So yeah... I think she'd let me have all these skills. And I'll add all the extra tidbits that I've not yet added to the backstory where all of those skills come form. And while it might not seem smart... That's how the Pixie was used to burn down buildings and get away without being seen. Or ever known to have been there to begin with.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:48 pm

No worries about Xel's stuff, we went over in Skype most of the way (not that I have a headset, he just doesn't have MSN so we text chatted there). Rouge's tend to have around that many skills anyway and my bet is the pixie is filling that role for this game. Arson probably won't come up much but, basically it'll help if you guys want to know how best to burn a place down, where to start the fire, how fast you can expect it to spread, identifying it, etc.

Demonu, no worries. You're probably right about the stats. Then again, maybe Lynt will make the most rude and anti-social psion merchant ever? Who knows?

Speaking of.... Lynt, Fury, how are things coming? I haven't heard anything from you two in a bit.

Edit: Yes Fury, it does. Also need two more city names.

Edit 2: Oh and Demonu. That is not "close" to the ocean. It's only relatively close.

Last edited by Ramsus on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Are we going to be doing this over skype?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I think she'd let me have all these skills.
So Ramsus's a girl or are you just confused by her avatar's gender?
Fury of the Tempest wrote:Are we going to be doing this over skype?
No, play-by-post. I think none of us have any time left for Skype now that college has started anew.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:56 pm

No. We'll be doing it in a thread in the Campaign section. I just found it easier to hammer out details with Xel that way. Demonu and Bronymous didn't seem to need/want any help. If either you (Fury) or Lynt want some, I gave my MSN address earlier or I have Skype if you don't have that. Or you could just resort to PMs if you don't have either of those.

Edit: That's right, I'm a girl. *looks at gender symbol*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Okay, fine with me!

... When we gonna start? Or am I going to have to put my character into that spread sheet?

Sending you an invite on MSN Ramsus! I'm dolphin_scout@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Ramsus wrote:No. We'll be doing it in a thread in the Campaign section. I just found it easier to hammer out details with Xel that way. Demonu and Bronymous didn't seem to need/want any help. If either you (Fury) or Lynt want some, I gave my MSN address earlier or I have Skype if you don't have that. Or you could just resort to PMs if you don't have either of those.

Edit: That's right, I'm a girl. *looks at gender symbol*
Because it's certainly impossible to lie on your profile and mark the other option? Smile
Case in point --->

EDIT: I have msn but that has turned into a barren wasteland. If you don't mind, I would prefer Skype these days.

Last edited by Demonu on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 pm

I don't have an answer why I typed what I typed... I just typed what I typed, and was more just thinking of explaining the more important parts of what talks have been between us, then worry about that silly gender thing.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:02 pm

We'll start after we have all the characters ready, names for stuffs, and I've figured out a couple more starting quests of interest (not that you have to choose any of them but, it'd be rude of me not to present some options) and a few details about the city you're starting in. While I have a couple quest ideas already I tend to let those come naturally to me and draw a lot of my ideas from the PCs so that I'm offering options that will appeal to your characters and not just five options nobody ends up caring about.

Edit: Ok Demonu, my Skype is ramsusofthepants. This symbolizes my deep spiritual and master/slave relationship with pants and totally has nothing to do with Ramsus already being taken and me being lazy and random.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:55 pm

So, Fury brought up an interesting question. Do you guys want to do normal 4th ed stat gain as you level up? Because my original thought was to not bother. I'll leave it up to you guys though.

Edit: Bronymous submitted a name for the land. Chiheisen. Thoughts?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:20 pm

City names: Ketashin and Lokishi
Alma's surname: Lex-Iya
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 pm

New version of map with the new city names.
Spoiler:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:36 pm

All good to me!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner. Here's what I got.

Name: Skaimos Terai
Race: Tiefling
Class: Psion
Abilities:
Strength: 8
Constitution: 14
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 16+2=18
Wisdom: 13
Charisma: 14+2=16
Trained Skills: Arcana (Int), Insight (Wis), Diplomacy (Chr), Bluff (Chr), History (Int), Streetwise (Chr)
Profession: Merchant
Character details (description, short version of backstory, etc.): Skaimos is the son of a merchant, and wishes to go out into the world to seek his fortune. He wishes to improve his social standing, either by rising up to the artisans and nobility, or becoming the best darn merchant in the desert. His primary goal in traveling is finding the surpluses and deficiencies of the cities, and set up a trading circuit to profit from it. Or there's a chance he might go for the jackpot- finding the legendary Forest. He values intelligence over strength or social standing, but is willing to at least act respectful to his "betters".

He has short brown hair and pale-reddish skin. He has red eyes, a 4-ft non-prehensile tail, and two horns that extend up from his forehead, like this.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:54 pm

So....nobody is taking Intimidate, Streetwise, or Religion? (Any of these would be good additions btw Lynt and I'd be fine with you taking a 6th skill.)

Btw, does anyone's character worship any god at all? It's a pretty common thing. Xel's character so far is the only one with an real excuse not to.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Ancestor worship.

Also, hey Lynt, guess what the name of the country translates to?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Ok yeah, Lynt, you didn't really need to specify the telepathy focus. I'm fine with you throwing around TK and other Psion stuff too. And you can have both of the Psion free rituals. (Consider one is a level 1 and the other is a level 6 that is pure awesome, everyone picks Sending every time, so, you might as well get the floating disc for free too. In fact I honestly don't care if you have the stupid invisible floating disc following you around 24 hours a day every day. Like...big whoop.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 pm

My character worships Bahmut.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Decided to add Streetwise. So, just to clarify, how exactly are we doing actions in this game? Are we using the abilities in the 4E books, or are we sort of using those more as a template for more free-form stuff like in Zarhon's campaign?

Bronymous wrote: Also, hey Lynt, guess what the name of the country translates to?

Found it through Google. So the land named after your character is a desolate wasteland where only the tough survive, there is a great emphasis on honor, and it is primarily in the control of what other lands would consider monsters....Sounds about right.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm

ROFL. Nice Lynt, nice. So I guess that means you're approving of the land name two. Well, that's 3 out of 5. Not that this is a democracy.

Yeah, like Zarhon's game. Streetwise noted. Any religion? (We've got Bahamut, ancestor worship, Elemental?, and two blanks to fill but, I'd be shocked if one of you two didn't pick Avandra.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:30 pm

I think I'll go with Avandra (the friend of all merchants), and Ioun (values knowledge and mental power)
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Color me shocked. =P

Edit: Btw, what gender is your character Lynt?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:42 pm

My character is male.

edit: Looked over the characters on the front page. From what I can tell, Demonu's Thrii-keen Artificier/Antique Collector is the only one that hasn't given stats, correct? (Some still need to finish their backstories, but that can wait).
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:41 pm

And what did you mean that some of us have actual spoilers in our character descriptions? Like in the backstory?

Also, do you know what it takes to grow rice? Literally the opposite of a desert. That's some stupid amount of magic they're using to farm rice out there. Just saying.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next