Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 27 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Ramsus Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:14 am

Bronymous, why was that post in the IC thread and how did that end up before my post?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 27 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:25 am

Tethe tried to use Slashback, but the tentacle was attacking Cyrta, so Slashback was not triggered.

And I'm a fucking ninja.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:34 am

Oh, lol. Still not sure why you posted that in the IC thread. And she does having Punishing Blow so I just assumed it was that (and I'm sure DB will edit it).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:52 am

It was the thread I was in at the time. Had to post fast to be a ninja.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 am

*sigh* Please keep OOC posts to the OOC thread. I'm kinda surprised I need to actually say that.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Bronymous wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:I hate the medic of our team so much right now.

Is that me? Am I the medic?

It's not like I'm ignoring you, I had one turn, and I figured you would last longer than 1 round.
As Ramsus said keep these posts in here the OOC topic... I at least got away with my post cause it was both spoilered and had IC info about the Pixie trying to still stay standing and junk...

And I not blaming anyone about it. I was just venting my anger at geting KOed before the end of round one.

Also come to think about it I'm also a bit unhappy that we're just getting damage numbers without any idea what dicerolls are being done. Nor clear cut understanding of the talents.... But if that's how Ramsus wants to game his monsters I'll not complain, just voice my disagreement with it once and that's it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:40 pm

I haven't seen any GMs, not even you, just tell us flat out everything the monsters do. I think it's more interesting for you guys to have to figure out exactly what's going on. Similarly I don't have my monsters act as if they understand your moves until the effect is clear.

I also have no idea why people aren't protecting/healing the glass cannon.

Edit: I don't particularly care for you assuming I'm just being a jerk and not that the monsters are just acting in character for their intelligence/instincts. I also in no way forced you to use Wild Abandon on turn 1 when you could have just as easily just saved it for turn 2. I also didn't force you to not bother making a save vs an effect an enemy knew it put on you.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Again I am sorry for my hash tone, just I felt the need to rant, after all wouldn't you if you ended up KOed before the end of round one... And part of me felt like you set me up to get hammered like that given how you were the one that offered me the 6 pip costing version of Wild Abandon. So I couldn't help but felt like this was intended form the beginning or something.

And yeah I didn't say anything about wanting to know EVERYTHING, just felt like you should tell us the dicetypes that have been rolled in combat along with the outcome. Like what we do. It was something I know I did when I was GMed my fights.

But like I said I just feel like I'm not being told info that I should know to better get a feel for what danger level we're dealing with those attacks and junk.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:04 pm

Ok. Well, a careful observer would note that none of the tentacle attack have done more than 4 base damage, leading to the conclusion that either they're working with 1d4 damage per attack or that I roll really crappily. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:44 pm

OH I'm sure somebody who cared to logically think like that could guess so. But I personally like seeing dicerolls when we deal with combat is all.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:17 pm

In case anyone needs an explanation of what just happened.

I used Syphon Life. The bonus damage from meditate crit with a twelve which activated Derpy's Lightning.
Derpy's lightning triggered a random move at no cost, in this case that was Royal Command.
I used Royal command to attack again with Syphon Life.

So now you all are under the effect of Royal Command.

Cyrta got 15 healing from the first syphon life.
Skaimos got 10 healing from the second.

I was talking with Ramsus on skype and he said if I attacked the eyestalk, that I'd get a reaction attack from a tentacle. So I used Slashback as well.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Damn it, I put it in the wrong thread again, huh? That time I didn't mean to.

Not gonna be able to post my move (which may or may not be giving someone ANOTHER extra turn) until I get off work. But for now, so I'm clear, the eyestalk is dead, but the monster is not (probably blind?). What precisely is the DWISC? Was that the other fake gecko on a rock?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:03 pm

I think Ramsus mentioned it can feel vibrations in the sand, so it probably can't literally see what we're doing anymore, but can still tell where we are.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Well, it's the whole thing but, for the purposes of this fight, it's the rock.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Um.... Lynt.... it's not actually your turn, you don't get to make saves.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Sorry, fixed now.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:36 am

Wait a minute...

[-10] For Glory! (Royal Command)
You and up to four allies can take a Standard Action. If that action deals damage, it deals 1d8 additional damage.

Ramsus wrote: Tordek's turn

Did Bronymous officially cede his "Royal Command" action?

edit: Posted literally RIGHT before Bronymous' post in the IC thread. Question solved.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:38 am

nope
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 am

Oops sorry about that.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:54 am

lol. I give you guys a bonus action with a +1d8 to damage, and two of you use it to sit down and ponder the mysteries of life.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:08 am

I only have one attack, though, and it's too many pips. Now, what I could have done, was given Tethe another extra Standard, or given two of you a free attack; but apparently we desperately need a healbot, so I'm stuck doing that now.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:27 am

So, I'm guessing that my move will only control/incapacitate the monster's "head", as opposed to its entirety. Otherwise, this encounter would quickly devolve into "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself".

Edit: Although if you plan on implementing it differently, I might be open to that.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 am

It would have been nice if you waited to act until after Tethe and Tordek did their reactions/interrupts. As such, just edit your post if anything they do requires you change anything.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:33 am

Sorry, will edit as necessary.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Ramsus, you said earlier that conjured allies (like Tethe's Fire Giant) had their turns right after the turn they were summoned. Would that mean that the Fire Giant goes now, or after Tethe's next "official" turn?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next