Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

+3
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
Zarhon
7 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 28 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Lyntermas Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:51 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:After a good bit of walking the crew arrives at the shipyard… which is currently making a rather good approximation of a battlefield with craters and large slash marks scattered around. There are a few workers around either running around screaming or cowardly hideing.

"What the heck happened here!?" Torque ran over to one of the hiding workers. "Are you alright? What happened here? Who did this?" Torque looked over in the direction the workers seemed to be running away from.

Rolling Perception...16 (1d20) + 3 (Sharp Eyes) + 8 = 27
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 28 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:59 pm

"Wait... This is abnormal for you?" Boomer asked, not totally sure what the deal was. "Isn't all Ship-building zones like this normally?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Carat shrugs and pulls the flower out of her mane, a few bobby pins following it. "Well, no harm in trying, right?"
Mechanics:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:"Wait... This is abnormal for you?" Boomer asked, not totally sure what the deal was. "Isn't all Ship-building zones like this normally?"
"Maybe in a military-laden Marine dock, or a contested war-area, but not usually in ah' civil craft-port, Boomah'! Are yah' okay, pon's? Anyone in need of healin' aid?", Shallow asks, scrambling around for anyone in need of immediate medical aid, or similar aid.

Heal, Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:58 pm

"Everywhere I've stayed eventually has their so-called civilian zones end up like this..." Bommer comments in a jaded tone.

(OOC: Hey I wanta play this as something "normal" for Boomer to see. Because it's funny to me.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Sixty-Two, seeing what Carat is up to, pulls a hairpin of his own from (quite literally) thin air and gets to helping.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Carat shrugs and pulls the flower out of her mane, a few bobby pins following it. "Well, no harm in trying, right?"
Mechanics:

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sixty-Two, seeing what Carat is up to, pulls a hairpin of his own from (quite literally) thin air and gets to helping.

Spoiler:

At first Carat gets very close to unlocking the trap door but is unable to hold all the tumblers in place with her pins however with 62's additional aid she manages to pick the lock pooping open the door.

A short moment later Rarity recovers from her "fainting spell" and heads over to the black market's entrance looking at the lock. "You know Darling, locks are a bit of a skill of mine I could of quite handily helped if you asked."

Lyntermas wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:After a good bit of walking the crew arrives at the shipyard… which is currently making a rather good approximation of a battlefield with craters and large slash marks scattered around. There are a few workers around either running around screaming or cowardly hideing.

"What the heck happened here!?" Torque ran over to one of the hiding workers. "Are you alright? What happened here? Who did this?" Torque looked over in the direction the workers seemed to be running away from.

Rolling Perception...16 (1d20) + 3 (Sharp Eyes) + 8 = 27

The only response that Torque gets is "RAINBOW! BUN-BUN! UM REALLY NICE SUIT... PIRATES!!!"

Off on the other side of a row of warehouses Torque glimpses a giant Rabbit at the apex of its jump being kicked by an orange mare in a formal suit.

Zarhon wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:"Wait... This is abnormal for you?" Boomer asked, not totally sure what the deal was. "Isn't all Ship-building zones like this normally?"
"Maybe in a military-laden Marine dock, or a contested war-area, but not usually in ah' civil craft-port, Boomah'! Are yah' okay, pon's? Anyone in need of healin' aid?", Shallow asks, scrambling around for anyone in need of immediate medical aid, or similar aid.

Heal, Perception:

Most of the injuries on the civilians are relatively minor mostly scratches from shrapnel sent flying from the battle and no one actually takes Shallow up on his offer.

As Shallow looks up his view becomes dominated by the head of a giant wooden hammer flying toward him...
(You can dodge but it may be hard)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 pm

"Gyah hexes!", Shallow shouts, quickly submerging into the soil beneath his hooves to avoid the fate of a nail upon his head.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:13 pm

Boomer reacts to Sallow's action of going underground by realizing quickly there is something attacking from above... THE ANSWER WAS CLEAR BOMBS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM!

Mechanics check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 am

tygerburningbright wrote:The only response that Torque gets is "RAINBOW! BUN-BUN! UM REALLY NICE SUIT... PIRATES!!!"

Off on the other side of a row of warehouses Torque glimpses a giant Rabbit at the apex of its jump being kicked by an orange mare in a formal suit.

Torque surveyed the scene before him. "Oh, that's one of the rookies who left Starlight City right before we did, isn't it? I guess the real question is who do we support to make the fighting stop?"

As Shallow looks up his view becomes dominated by the head of a giant wooden hammer flying toward him...

"Gyah hexes!", Shallow shouts, quickly submerging into the soil beneath his hooves to avoid the fate of a nail upon his head.

Boomer reacts to Sallow's action of going underground by realizing quickly there is something attacking from above... THE ANSWER WAS CLEAR BOMBS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM!

"Shallow, what are you- BOOMER, WHAT ARE YOU-" Torque quickly tried to duck for cover from the chaos ensuing.[/color]
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:20 pm

"It worked! Yay!" Carat hugs 62 in excitement, but quickly pulls away. "Thanks for helping!" With that, Carat turns to the door and opens it, ready to descend.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Zarhon wrote:"Gyah hexes!", Shallow shouts, quickly submerging into the soil beneath his hooves to avoid the fate of a nail upon his head.
Shallow manages to descend into the earth in time to avoid the hammer...
Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer reacts to Sallow's action of going underground by realizing quickly there is something attacking from above... THE ANSWER WAS CLEAR BOMBS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM!

Mechanics check:
Boomer quickly constructs a rather powerful explosive. When she throws the bomb it is enough to reduce the hammer head to splitters.
Lyntermas wrote:
Torque surveyed the scene before him. "Oh, that's one of the rookies who left Starlight City right before we did, isn't it? I guess the real question is who do we support to make the fighting stop?"

"Shallow, what are you- BOOMER, WHAT ARE YOU-" Torque quickly tried to duck for cover from the chaos ensuing.[/color]
Torque reaches cover in time to avoid not only the remains of the hammer but also avoid three swords followed by a blue Pegasus apparently just kicked away by the rabbit.

Copper Rose wrote:"It worked! Yay!" Carat hugs 62 in excitement, but quickly pulls away. "Thanks for helping!" With that, Carat turns to the door and opens it, ready to descend.

Rarity makes a short noise of approval but she slips away through the trapdoor before the hug ends. When Carat goes to descend the trapdoor she is pushed aside by a pink filly draped in a over sized coat followed by a Robotic steam spouting machine that blasts a puff of steam in Carat's face.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 pm

"Bombs if used quick enough, IT SOLVES ALL PROBLEMS!!!" Boomer declares with a laugh.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Torque reaches cover in time to avoid not only the remains of the hammer but also avoid three swords followed by a blue Pegasus apparently just kicked away by the rabbit.

Torque flinched as the projectiles passed by him, then wandered over to the blue pegasus. "Um, are you alright?" He picked up one of the swords that had landed nearby and passed over to the pegasus. "Look, I understand you're in the middle of something, but could you please tell us just what is going on and how we might assist in ending it? And...wait, why do you have three unsheathed swords? I mean, having a backup is always good, but wouldn't it be safer to keep the spare in its sheath until you need it?"

Rolling Perception to get a better look at the pegasus...Nat 20 + 8 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 31.

Edit: Rolling 1d3...1.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:25 pm

"Aah!" Carat jumps back and covers her face. Steam is hot. Usually hot enough to burn or at least cause intense pain when it gets in your face close-up like that. Assuming this was true in this case, Carat is now screaming in pain, or at least whimpering.

Endurance:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:02 pm

Shallow, ever the picky fighter, pops in and out of the ground rapidly, much like a playful dolphin or gopher, intent of getting a proper idea of just who is fighting who, and more importantly, over what.

This being Shallow, it involves formal, friendly introductions.

"I tink' we dug up a bad start, everypon'...", he spoke, popping near one of the unknown combatants, before ducking and darting to another. "Shallow's da' name, co-captain's da' game...", he spoke to another, darting again, "I may intrude, but just wat' be yah' fightin' tah' prove?", he continues within mutual earshot, "Wat' unburied da' hatchet, an' just wat' sides did yah' choose?"

Spoiler:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:47 pm

"Empty Night," Sixty-Two breathed, rushing forward. Stupid - always check for traps when you are literally walking into a den of thieves. He'd let himself be distracted by that hug; physical contact wasn't something he was used to. "Are you alright? Can you still see? Oh goodness dear me..."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
Torque flinched as the projectiles passed by him, then wandered over to the blue pegasus. "Um, are you alright?" He picked up one of the swords that had landed nearby and passed over to the pegasus. "Look, I understand you're in the middle of something, but could you please tell us just what is going on and how we might assist in ending it? And...wait, why do you have three unsheathed swords? I mean, having a backup is always good, but wouldn't it be safer to keep the spare in its sheath until you need it?"
Rolling Perception to get a better look at the pegasus...Nat 20 + 8 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 31.
Edit: Rolling 1d3...1.

Yea yea I’m fine.” The pegasus replies already picking up the first of her swords placing it along her wing. “ I don’t know why AJ started a fight but its a awesome fight so don’t go messing it up.”

Torque can tell that the pegasus is definitely the East Blue bounty hunter Rainbow Dash who is apparently the strongest sword wielder in the East Blue. Additionally Torque can tell that she rather recently has suffered wounds that should have been lethal and then even more wounds with next to no time to heal… this pony really should be dead right now.  Torque can immediately tell that the katana that he picks up is cursed and immensely blood thirsty as he passes the sword to Rainbow Dash Torque just barely manages to avoid getting cut.

She then picks up the last of the swords with her mouth. “I use three swords at kinda my thing.” She says somehow speaking though the sword...

Zarhon wrote:Shallow, ever the picky fighter, pops in and out of the ground rapidly, much like a playful dolphin or gopher, intent of getting a proper idea of just who is fighting who, and more importantly, over what.
This being Shallow, it involves formal, friendly introductions.
"I tink' we dug up a bad start, everypon'...", he spoke, popping near one of the unknown combatants, before ducking and darting to another. "Shallow's da' name, co-captain's da' game...", he spoke to another, darting again, "I may intrude, but just wat' be yah' fightin' tah' prove?", he continues within mutual earshot, "Wat' unburied da' hatchet, an' just wat' sides did yah' choose?"

Spoiler:

Sorry hun’ but in a middle of a scrap here.” The orange mare in the suit replies when Shallow pops up near her.

Well I’m Velvet Bun, captain.” The rabbit squeaks out in a high pitched voice.

This here dagnabbit varmit went and stole mah carrot cake!”

I REGRET NOTHING IT WAS DELICIOUS!”  

Neither side is actively attacking you but every now and again shallow does almost get caught in the crossfire from popping up too close to someone about to attack.  

Copper Rose wrote:"Aah!" Carat jumps back and covers her face. Steam is hot. Usually hot enough to burn or at least cause intense pain when it gets in your face close-up like that. Assuming this was true in this case, Carat is now screaming in pain, or at least whimpering.

Endurance:
Steam is painful but other than some stinging in Carat’s eyes and nose there isn’t any real harm.

Such delicious pain.” The machine looks at Carat and 62 vacantly for a moment before moving on with the filly.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:48 pm

"I'm fine, I think. That was stupid." Carat gets to her hooves, blinking heavily.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:01 am

tygerburningbright wrote: Torque can tell that the pegasus is definitely the East Blue bounty hunter Rainbow Dash who is apparently the strongest sword wielder in the East Blue. Additionally Torque can tell that she rather recently has suffered wounds that should have been lethal and then even more wounds with next to no time to heal… this pony really should be dead right now.

"...How...how are you still standing? Heck, how are you still breathing? My father would have a field day trying to figure out the source of your endurance." Torque rummaged through his bags to try and get some bandages. "At least let me try to stop the bleeding a bit before you throw yourself back into the fray."

Roll Heal for Rainbow Dash...15 (1d20) + 8 = 23

tygerburningbright wrote:Torque can immediately tell that the katana that he picks up is cursed and immensely blood thirsty as he passes the sword to Rainbow Dash Torque just barely manages to avoid getting cut.

Torque shuddered at the thought of the sword. "I'm not sure about the feasibility of using three swords at once, but what would make you think using that cursed katana is a a good idea? I held that thing for all of five seconds and it still tried to cut me; and you use it all the time!?" Torque shook his head.

"Oh, but where are my manners? My name is Torque Szarnowski, co-captain of the Bright Eyes Pirates. My cyborg bombmaker friend is Boomer, and the zebra digging around like a mole is Shallow Vibes. We were headed over to the shipyards to see if we could get some upgrades to our ship, but given its current condition that seems unlikely. I certainly hope that the bunny you're fighting is a dangerous criminal who you're bringing to justice, to warrant such extreme measures-"

Sorry hun’ but in a middle of a scrap here.” The orange mare in the suit replies when Shallow pops up near her.

"...Or perhaps all this property damage, endangering of innocent lives, and delaying any chance for us to showcase Boomer's architectural design to the world is due to more petty concerns." Torque snorted angrily.[/quote]
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:47 pm

"Yeah... Hey... Be a shame if I had to blow up another island... Again..." Boomer jokes with a dark chuckle.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:02 am

tygerburningbright wrote:Sorry hun’ but in a middle of a scrap here.” The orange mare in the suit replies when Shallow pops up near her.

Shallow tries to appeal to the orange-colored chef. "Ain't dere' some pride for a cook, dat' yah' meals be so delicious dey' be pilfer-worthy? If yah' ask me, it sounds like yah' earned a recurrin' customer of yah' culinary arts - a mutual benefit, assumin' she be willin' tah' repay favors for da' meals next time, as one should, missy Velvet, for a true cook's meal! Wit' heart an soul's motivation tah' make it da' best yah' ever have! On dat' note, don't suppose yah' got a carrot I can buy or borrow, miss...? Trust me on dis', if yah' will.", Shallow asks, keeping himself out of hammer's or hoof's reach.

Persuasion:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Sixty-Two looked...determined. "Possibly, it was," he said, "So let's be smart about this, this time..."

Gazing into the darkness, bright eyes, brighter than a dark past, cut through the shadows like a knife through some sort of pound cake. Within a few moments, Sixty-Two determined he had seen everything he could see, and exhaled. "Alright. Baby steps..."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
"...How...how are you still standing? Heck, how are you still breathing? My father would have a field day trying to figure out the source of your endurance." Torque rummaged through his bags to try and get some bandages. "At least let me try to stop the bleeding a bit before you throw yourself back into the fray."

Roll Heal for Rainbow Dash...15 (1d20) + 8 = 23
Rainbow Dash pauses for a moment. "I've got three words for you. Training, more training, most training."
Torque manages stem the bleeding of the worst and the most recent wounds and in return receives a rather gruff thanks.  Rainbow immediately starts heading off once Torque patches her up but stops as he begins talking again.

Lyntermas wrote:
Torque shuddered at the thought of the sword. "I'm not sure about the feasibility of using three swords at once, but what would make you think using that cursed katana is a a good idea? I held that thing for all of five seconds and it still tried to cut me; and you use it all the time!?" Torque shook his head.

"Oh, but where are my manners? My name is Torque Szarnowski, co-captain of the Bright Eyes Pirates. My cyborg bombmaker friend is Boomer, and the zebra digging around like a mole is Shallow Vibes. We were headed over to the shipyards to see if we could get some upgrades to our ship, but given its current condition that seems unlikely. I certainly hope that the bunny you're fighting is a dangerous criminal who you're bringing to justice, to warrant such extreme measures-"

"...Or perhaps all this property damage, endangering of innocent lives, and delaying any chance for us to showcase Boomer's architectural design to the world is due to more petty concerns." Torque snorted angrily.
[/quote]
"It's the style that I created and this sword already likes me and I just got it like twenty minutes ago. Yea yea well I'm Rainbow Dash the...um...er...well..." Torque can practically see the mental gears struggling within the Pegasus's mind. "...of the Straw Hat Pirates and that's Applejack our chef and that's... some rabbit I guess. Kinda par for the course once got in a fight for dog food ya. Now are you going to talk more or can I go fight?

Zarhon wrote:
Shallow tries to appeal to the orange-colored chef. "Ain't dere' some pride for a cook, dat' yah' meals be so delicious dey' be pilfer-worthy? If yah' ask me, it sounds like yah' earned a recurrin' customer of yah' culinary arts - a mutual benefit, assumin' she be willin' tah' repay favors for da' meals next time, as one should, missy Velvet, for a true cook's meal! Wit' heart an soul's motivation tah' make it da' best yah' ever have! On dat' note, don't suppose yah' got a carrot I can buy or borrow, miss...? Trust me on dis', if yah' will.", Shallow asks, keeping himself out of hammer's or hoof's reach.

Persuasion:

Both the Applejack and the Velvet pause as Shallow speaks contemplating on what Shallow says.  
"You know he I think kinda has a point there..."
"Ya I'd guess so. I reckon I'm a bit ornery when it come to mah cooking. Sooo it was that good?"
"The best. And Mister Zebra I do have a carrot." The rabbit then transforms into a relatively young grey mare before tossing Shallow a carrot.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sixty-Two looked...determined. "Possibly, it was," he said, "So let's be smart about this, this time..."

Gazing into the darkness, bright eyes, brighter than a dark past, cut through the shadows like a knife through some sort of pound cake. Within a few moments, Sixty-Two determined he had seen everything he could see, and exhaled. "Alright. Baby steps..."

Spoiler:

Sixty-two can tell that there are no traps along the stairway. However there is a slightly dazed mugger hiding behind the stairs at the bottom.

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:52 pm

"That's five words not three..." Boomer mutters.

(far as I'm aware I'm just close enough nearby Torque to overhear that comment)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next