Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 26 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Done.

I'm assuming that Hector is fairly removed from the rest of the party at Neighpon?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 26 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:16 am

Correct. He's at the Keep's base in Caballuston.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Finished my combat tweaks. Swapped out Heavy Blade and Talisman of Weapons for Mystic Sheath. Also swapped Rapid Recovery for Iron Warden, and Roar of Challenge for Whirling Blades.

Edit: Or so I thought. It occurred to me that if I drop the conjured weapons shtick, I can make Form Of The Tree stand on it's own... And the combo involved is reaaally tempting...

Basically, I can (or should) be able to make use of Throw The Gauntlet/Iron Warden during Tree-forming... allowing me to be pretty productive without spending any energy. If I take Reloader, I can challenge 6 creatures at once... assuming Inferno itself doesn't wipe them out. Then Reloader let's me mop up with a quick Blast From The Past.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:32 am

If you're using any conjured forms or weapons, you can only use what's within that forms or weapons unless you're using items/traits.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:02 am

...Yes, I know that.

Thinking I'll keep the conjured weapons... for now. We'll see how it works out. It does occur to me that Arcing Bolt will be more useful than Defensive Fighting though.

Also, about how far away is the third explosion?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm guessing I misunderstood since the taunts require attacks and the tree doesn't have any of its own. While I probably should have worded things differently/better, the second explosion is elsewhere in the building while the third is miles away.

Crystalite wrote:((Let me guess... I'm the only one with a Magic Point left, right? Can it be used from so far away? If so I'll go ahead and donate it. If not, well, sucks to be you then. And probably me too...   Gurk! ))

These posts are usually best in the OOC unless part of a specific post already being made. Unless I misread, I thought Stout Spirit still had his Magic Point. Hector would not be able to aid the rest of the team with his without special circumstances since it generally requires line of sight. Going to see if kingofsouls or tyger post before I update things.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Sorry. Didn't want to double-post...

If Stout Spirirt has his MP then yaaaay the day is saved!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:35 pm

In theroy I can assist and that would bring the roll to 27 which would need an additional two to make it all the way to 30 but then again we have two more people to assist.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Meta game moment.

Seeing as how Zammy has clearly been waiting on Tyger, KoS, and prob Sunbeam to post, and has not yet described the second explosion to me yet (forcing me to use Fast As Lightning to get there) that whatever is going down is going down there.

Not the Hector knows that. Nuuuuuupe.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:13 am

Crystalite wrote:
Also, about how far away is the third explosion?
You got up to WHAT while I was gone? I can't leave you kids alone for a second...

...Okay, it wasn't our fault. I'll try an assist roll, regardless of what happens with Stout's Spirit's magic point (especially since I'm probably no longer an autosuccess.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:34 am

Crystalite wrote:Meta game moment.

Careful. Tis a dangerous thing you wield. Online allows for an interesting amount of pokerface compared to tabletop though to be honest, mostly it's timing issues of my job and other things. Also, I forgot to check the thread directly since you did an edit.

sunbeam wrote:You got up to WHAT while I was gone?

Actually thought they'd be farther though at least part of that is my fault. Still, I've got a post to make.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:40 am

... Is anyone else finding the first person posts a little offputting?

Also, with that assistance failure... we are one point bellow.

Damn that stupid -1 penalty.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:14 pm

I can switch if it really bothers you that much.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:52 pm

The first person voice does feel a little off. It would be different if the whole campaign was written that way.

If Stout Spirit lacks a MP, I do have plans for failure though they will be acknowledged as such. While super vague, I'll allow you to pick your poison by vote:

Delay Now OR Setback Later
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:54 pm

In the interest of expediting the party actually joining up (gazes off into the distance wistfully remember turquoise tree, who was with us for all of 5 minutes), I choose setback later.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Not having a party is a pretty big setback. No delays please!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:49 pm

I agree, setback later.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:55 pm

setback later
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Crystalite wrote:Am I correct in assuming that Ongoing is a (save ends) effect?

Yes it was.  My mistake on not stating that directly.  I tend to treat non-combat actions in battle as Minor Actions but I'm fine with this particular circumstance since most of this effectively winds up being flavor in the end.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Well, given that I didn't use a Minor action that turn, I guess I'm okay then.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:09 pm

We got here after the explosion, so it's not like our ears are ringing or anything. Should we be noticing these lightning shenanigans? Also, we ought to be doing things while the fight continues, shouldn't we? I figured I'd check here first in case actually posting would be too much of an interruption.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Hector is a tunnel area underneath the Keep headquarters while the rest of STOMP is 2 miles outside city limits. Pending on how things go, Fast as Lightning means he has the ability to catch up. He doesn't know where you are (or who you are, technically, since he's the new hire) but he may get a wonderful indication of your current location pending on what you do next.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:07 am

On one hand, even if he manages to finish up, he'll probably be too tired to bother with whatever is on the other end of the tunnel (not knowing it happens to be the STOMP team); more likely he'll be busy dragging his new best friend to the nearest interrogation room.

On the other hand, from two miles away, the lightning still should look like some bright flashes at the end of the tunnel. So we'll see.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:09 pm

This is using the assumption that the tunnel is a straight line down the whole length.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Hmm. If it's not, then Fast As Lightning would be an exceptionally bad idea...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next