Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 2 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Mind Gamer Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:53 pm

At first, Melisma was going to simply turn up her nose with a huff at the idea of drinking altogether... It just seemed like a waste of time and resources, to her. When there was so much more that could be done... Then Grease's question thwacked her upside the head. "I will admit..." She began, as she tapped the ground with her hoof uncomfortably, "As far as I know, we are here to do good in the world. How... Was never fully explained."
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 2 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Clockeye Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:07 am

"I not be knowin mate, And i be sorry if i offended ya. I be keg." Keg said, Sitting down and giving zero a drink.
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:13 am

Spotlight replies, "Why did you not include me in your catalog? Spotlight asks, hinting that he does not feel any of those descriptions fit him, especially 'gearbox' which he would find rather insulting coming from a meatbag." Meanwhile Zero shrugs in response to the question of what they were to do and takes the offered drink. A straw extends itself from the mask and she sips carefully.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 am

"Forgive me, Darling. What sardonic, pejorative title would you prefer, dear spouse?" Grease asks.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:08 am

As Grease turned away to the... robotic creature Melisma still had no way of identifying properly, the Pegasus gave a low sigh before beaming a small smile up to Keg. "As long as you mean that apology, consider it accepted."
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:44 am

"I would prefer to be called Spotlight, says Spotlight ignoring the actual question and acting as if it had been replaced with the question Spotlight felt like answering." replies Spotlight.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:23 am

Amid the various banter and introductions, in walked an older pegasus with a grey coat and paler grey mane.  With a dark blue blouse and polished glasses that accentuated her pale blue eyes, a collection of scars lined her stern face.  There was a folder tucked under her left wing that was placed on the desk as she sat down.  She looked over the group as she waited for them to quiet down.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:45 am

"Hold on a second mate, always need a drink before saving the world or whatever we doin'" Keg said, having a cup of cider.
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:18 pm

"Are you certain that it is the best of ideas to be intoxicated just as you are to receive important information?" Field says as he puts way his book not actually looking at the other Minotaur. "Young Miss Melisma and Young Keg as you two happened to miss my introduction I shall do so now. I am known as Professor Lichen Field."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:41 pm

"An honor, Professor." The younger Pegasus gave another smile and a light bow to the eloquent creature before her, before sighing that he refused even to look up from his book. The arrival of the other Pegasus, however, promptly caused the dark blue filly to clear her throat before standing calmly at attention, eyes focused on who she presumed to be in charge. The latest arrival certainly had Melisma's respect, from her attitude and form alone.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Grease quieted quickly upon the entry of the severe looking mare, recognizing her vaguely as one of the rare executives that walked around the complex, looking austere. He tries to compose his features into a more serious face, to limited success.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:58 pm

The mare turned a cold, disapproving gaze upon the cool frothy beverage being consumed by the boisterous minotaur named Kegs. "It would be wise to keep a clear head on the clock."  As the mare briefly ruffled her wings, Grease and Spotlight could feel the air become greatly ionized within the room.

OOC - Clockeye:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Gearick frowned at being called dissection happy, but said nothing, due to the arrival of the mare. Knowing when it was best to shut up and listen.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:32 am

The air seemed to crackle with electric tension as the Mare spoke with unbridled authority. Melisma, a fellow Pegasus, did however notice the wingbeats coming from the one before her. Her attitude was as regal as before, but something seemed... Off about that comment to the Minotaur. Her lips moved to speak calmly as she kept her attention focused on the pale Pegasus. "I am hopeful Kegs will be capable despite inebriation... Though I apologize, I was unaware we were on the clock." With an eyebrow raised, she gazed closer, attempting to determine what exactly she was doing, if anything.

Perception Check OOC:

Last edited by Mind Gamer on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Missed an action in my sleep-adled state.)
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:53 am

Athletics/Endurance check for Zero:

Edit:
Perception check for Spotlight to figure out what she did/is doing to cause the ionization/why:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:30 am

Field looks up at the the new Pegasus and tries to get a reading on who she is.

Roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 am

Gearick meanwhile, began shifting carefully away from the brute. While he wondered why the devil they hired such a thing to take part of the team... well, he supposed some muscle would be good here and there, but he just wished in wasn't the cliche drinking dumb brute that they had hired. Still, he'll be having some comeuppance soon enough.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Professor Lichen Field:
Melisma:
Spotlight:

As the crackle of electricity flowed through the air, it started to collect on the bottom of Kegs and Zero's mugs.  Suddenly, Zero's mug was pulled out of her hooves towards the ground.  Spotlight and Grease could feel a magnetic pull towards it while others nearby could feel a brief tug from whatever metal items were on them.

Kegs:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:27 pm

"Well that was rude!" Zero complains about spilt cider. Spotlight follows this up by shining a not quite blinding beam of light in the pegasi's eyes and saying, "I would suggest you do not use force to compel my or my maker's behavior again, says Spotlight giving a final warning." To which Zero sighs and say mostly to herself, "And it wasn't particularly wise either."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:49 pm

"Not three minutes, and the robot implies harm for an act which showed no malice. Wonderful." The dark blue Pegasus gave another low sigh, before blinking in surprise. Melisma could feel an odd pull, her brother's Talisman snug in her saddlebag began to feel the same attraction as the other metal objects, causing the Pegasus to need to give a light flap of her wings to remain balanced given it's force. That certainly wasn't expected to her. As she tried to regain her focus, she straightened up and tried to project her voice for all to hear. "Please, everypony. Can we proceed with the purpose of this meeting? ...I would like to know what it is we are here for, without further aggression."
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:52 pm

"Geeze Spotlight, don't be an idiot." Gearick stated, rolling his eyes at the robot's aggressive action. "We are all here to do something extremely important, and could possibly endanger our lives. So you'll have to excuse Brisk Iron for wanting us all to have a clear head, which anyone with any brains would know they need when they signed up for this."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:38 pm

"I truly hope that unnecessary antagonism will not become prevalent within this organization. Now shall we take young Melisma's advice and all become informed of what is required of us." Field says keeping a calm and even tone as he focuses his gaze on the elder Pegasus, Spotlight, and Gearick in turn.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Gearick saw the look, and turned to look at Field, wondering why the hell the professor was indirectly stating he was being unnecessary antagonistic. He wasn't at all. Still, he didn't say anything in response, and simply turned back to Brisk, waiting for her to speak, and to teach the brute the lesson he deserved.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:44 pm

"Your protectiveness is...'admirable'...Spotlight, but it's entirely misaimed right now.  For those who don't know who I am, my name is Brisk Iron and I'm the Chief Director of the Equestrian Expedition Keep.  Of course, those who do know who I am probably know that this is not for standard Keep business.  You are being tasked with a mission of utmost importance."

The managerial mare opened her folder, spreading several drawings and a few photos across the table.  "Our informants have found the Temple of the Ninth Life on a previously uncharted island.  Deep within lies the Cat's Yawn, a fabled horn that can make any feline that hears it obey the holder's every command.  What makes it dangerous is that historical records show that griffins are just as vulnerable.  Imagine an entire country of allied griffins that were suddenly enslaved to wage war against us.  While you need to find it before it falls into the wrong hooves, things are more complicated than that..."

Brisk slides forward a photo of an unicorn mare with a wispy silver coat.  "This is Princess Silver Swirl.  She tends to be a bit of an explorer and historian in her own right who keeps us informed whenever she finds things.  We recently received word from one of her assistants that she was captured when exploring the island for other reasons.  While my earlier comment about being on the clock was about your pay, this is indeed a situation of urgency.  I was disappointed with this group's initial reaction when I walked in and would like to know if you're truly cut out for this.  I need reassurance before I send you out there.  For her safety, for your own, and for that of Equestria itself."  Brisk Iron turns her attention to the electricity crackling around Kegs' mug.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:57 pm

The younger Pegasus listened intently to the brunt of Brisk Iron's speech. Internally, she began to try and memorize all these aspects of the mission in question, and the potential for danger if the wrong ponies got the Cat's Yawn. Further, she wondered if any of the Princess' other assistants besides the one reporting the incident were captured... Standard questions all. But, those thoughts had to wait.

Mostly because the mare was doing something further. And had challenged her. ...Well, not her specifically, but all of them. 'Truly cut out?'

With a brief ruffle of her own wings, she attempts to redirect the atmospheric conditions surrounding herself and her associates, before pressing it back into Brisk Iron's chair. Harmless even if it would work, but right then, she was more focused on dispelling the charged air itself.

OOC:
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next