Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 20 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Hector watched the changeling running away, having finally extracted himself from the rubble. His eyes narrowed.

"No. You. DON'T!" He shouted after him, beating his wings to make a flying charge towards what was no longer an opponent.

No. This tricky sabotuer was about to become a victim.

Spoiler:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 20 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Using shapeshifting trickery to suddenly reverse the direction of his body, the changeling blasted a sickly green beam at Hector.  The malevolent blight left the hippogriff feeling nauseous and weak!

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:53 am

Hector squawked in surprise at the sudden change of pace! He tried maddeningly to pull back and stop, but no avail; he managed to barely deflect the blow, sailing over the adversarie's head in a graceless heap. A steady stream of curses ran through his head and out his mouth in the barbaric griffon speech as he righted himself...

Spoiler:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:50 am

The changeling continued running back towards the Keep.  While starting to turn invisible again, some of the debris from the fallen ceiling was telekinetically thrown in Hector's direction.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:38 am

The hippogriff had had enough. The time for tricky nonsense was over. He regained his feet, feeling the lightning coursing through him. He shifted his rear feet back and forth, like a cat preparing to pounce. He wanted the changeling to get a headstart first.

Once he had judged the critical moment, he sprang forward with unbelievable speed! Electricity cracked in all directions, all but filling the tunnel with blinding light as he hurtled toward his prey! He smiled in the split second in which all this occured.

Spoiler:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Unprepared for such retaliation, the changeling was knocked out cold form Hector's return assault!

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Hector sped onwards for quite sometime before he managed to slow himself to a stop, having discharged the static he had built up. He saw that he had (somehow) drug his new prisoner with him... He decided to take him back to the Keep.

Only... the fight had taken them a surprising distance away; there were no recognisable landmarks. And he could not recall which way to go. Moreover, he seemed to lack any way of keeping the changeling bound. He elected to catch his breath momentarily, and made his best guess as to which way the Keep was, carrying the changeling on his back the same way that many griffons carried freshly killed deer... He prepared, however, to quickly have the sabotuer pinned to the ground should he awake before then, and perhaps knock him out a second time...

Spoiler:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:59 pm

"We are only a short distance overground from our destination and we know not where this tunnel truly leads. It should just take short time to get there."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm

A spark passes between Grease's eyebrows. "Well, really, our destination is Horseshoe Bay, right? Did you see it from the lip of the crater?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Suddenly, Grease hears the various gears in his pack rattling uncontrollably. A rhythmic queasiness washes over Gearick as if on an ocean vessel. The light from the tunnel starts glowing brighter and more intensely.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:53 am

Grease does a quick set of tugs on all the relevant straps of his gearkit, then turns to the rest of the group. Electricity is leaking out of the corners of his eyes and dancing across his scales. "I just started running on electricity, which means I need to sleep very soon." He announces to the group with a slightly manic grin. "However, now is not the time for that. Now is the time for getting from the tunnel, on the off-chance that said tunnel is about to release some sort of fireball. I happen to be missing a giant cork at the moment." Having said his piece, he wheels around and starts running away from the tunnel, the grin never leaving his face.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:02 pm

After carrying his an assailant a distance, Hector found himself back at the Keep headquarters. Several ponies rushed to make sure the changeling was physically detained. The lights in the area were rhythmically flickering in and out.

Meanwhile, the rattling in Grease's backpack continued with greater intensity. It was as if they were trying to escape! Then suddenly, they stopped. A faint sound rumbled in the distance though it was hard to tell what it was.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Hector gratefully relinquished the prisoner to the waiting strong hooves of other ponies. He felt glad to have been such a key part in the capture; although, he did wonder why no one had come to his assistance. Perhaps, he mused, they did not realise how much control I have over my lightning, and thought they might only get underfoot. He contemplated this momentarily; now that he thought of it, they might have. His various injuries suddenly caught up to his fatigue, and he decided to seek out someplace quiet.

"Excuse me," he asked a random pony who appeared to be less busy than the rest. "Is there a quiet-nest where I can relax, maybe get some patching up done?" He ran a claw under the gash on his head, which was just now starting to clot up.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Stout Spirit dizzily wanders by his teammates "i have no real idea what is going on now can someone make the world stop spinning? I'm not used to teleportation."

meanwhile

Turquoise Tree gazes in wonder at the mechanical....thing he was inside. He shook his head. Mortals and their steel toys. Turquoise tree attempts to communicate via telepathy to Stout Spirit, assuming there is nothing blocking psychic though speech.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:03 pm

The pony responded to Hector, directing him to an area where a few medics could provide light first aid.  Upon finishing, the ground shook as if there was an earthquake.

Stout Spirit could feel the contact from his spirit friend.  He was in good health, or as good as "health" could be described for a spirit.  He was also rather close.  In turn, Turquoise Tree could tell it shouldn't be too difficult to get back.  That is, until the machine suddenly stopped.  With the tunnel behind him folding in on itself, he could feel the entire room start to move as the machine started back up.  With the ground rumbling, Turquoise Tree, the STOMP team, and Hector could all hear a great and ancient roar echo through the air with a sound that seemed to come from all directions at once.  Muse gasped in horror as the sun took on a much more pale shade of yellow, bathing the world in an unnatural light.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Hector thought carefully about the day's events as he made his way to First Aid. He had had to stop and explain what he meant by "quiet-nest", having momentarily forgotten that ponies did not keep nests in the same sense as griffons did, nor did they call them that.

He wondered, first, what the changeling was all about. Hector presumed that he was the cause of the explosions; who did he think he was!? And then there was that crazy mare who's head fell off. He made a note of it, if and when he was de-briefed. He suspected he wouldn't be; there was not much to tell, after all, but who knew. He did decide he would have to ask someone smarter what it might have meant.

He also wondered what the rest of the STOMP team was like. He felt quite privileged to have been inducted into it; he hoped that the other ponies on it would not be put off by a hippogriff.

((I find it extremely ironic that a special-ops team founded and put together by ponies, to protect ponies, with pony support (Or so I assume) happens to only have one full pony on it. Hector will be quite surprised at the racial diversity...))

He eventually found himself at the "quiet-nest"; while it was quieter, it was not precisely quiet, he decided. Although he conceded that the recent feather-ruffling made peacefulness hard to find anywhere nearby. He sprawled on a conveniently placed chair and waited patiently to be noticed and attended...

...and shortly after heard a veritable ROAR echo through the walls of the Keep and into his soul! He suddenly felt very small and afraid, even without being able to see the result outside; for the room had no windows. He pulled his wings up and covered his head; his equivalent of hiding under a blanket...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:41 am

Gearick flinched at the roaring and staggered slightly as the small sickness that washed over him. Luckily, he didn't get seasick, so it wouldn't be making him vomit any time soon. Seeing the gasp, Gearick soon noticed what happened to the sun and spoke up. "Its advancing... we need to figure out where the hell we are... considering all that movement we heard like, around us... does anyone else think we got teleported straight into the device that causes the degradation?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:21 pm

"No fireball, hm? Merely Spectral Degradation-induced quakes. I can't be right every time." Grease said as he jogged back over, still grinning. "Into the device? I doubt it. On the device? Maybe. We were aiming for the teleport beacon outside Callabuston, and I'm guessing the city off that-away is it, so this is probably, nah, was probably a keep building. Who wants to go down the tunnel now? I do." He finished, turning and walking towards the glowing hole in the ground.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:54 pm

"The Tunnel now seems to be the way into the cause of the problem."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:14 am

"Stout, can you hear me?"

Stout Spirit stops suddenly. "Turquoise Tree? Is that you?"

"Its me."

"Oh thank the Spirits! Where are you?"

"I'm actually quite close. We're no longer in that cave are we?"

"No, we are...."

"In a machine that looks like a heart?"

Stout Spirit pauses for a bit. "You're really close to me arn't you?"

"Yes, though the exact distance escapes me. I'm on my way."

Stout Spirit turns to his friends. "Friends, Turquoise Tree is here! We must find a way to him and quickly!" Stout Spirit looks for a passage out of the room.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:35 am

The ground started to rumble and crack as the sound of metal on metal echoed through the air.  Gearick's coat and eyes dulled to a slate grey.  The light coming out of the tunnel started to dim but it also started to slowly shift from yellow to green.  What was left of the building started to tilt as the STOMP team started to slide towards the tunnel.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:24 am

Grease hums "On the Road to Destruction" as the slope steepens, continuing to hop towards the tunnel as best he can.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 pm

After several moments, Hector uncovered his head, feeling uncommonly silly. A grown 'griff like him, frightened?! He looked about himself, wondering who was going to chastise him...

And found he need not worried. Everyone else in the room had followed suit, cramming themselves under tables and behind chairs. Maybe his fear was not unjustified after all.

But this would not do, he realised, deciding to try and give a morale boost. He quietly came up to a table, getting down on his elbows with his rump in the air, no longer worried about feeling silly; the sillier the better! Let them think he was at ease. He found himself peering at a cherry-coated mare with her face buried in fore leg. He nudged her gently, and she looked up revealing rich brown eyes. He was taken aback momentarily by the surprising depth behind them. He shook his head slightly. "I don't think it's going to bother us," he whispered reassuringly, not needing to clarify what "it" was. "My name is Hector," he said invitingly, offering a knuckle to her (knowing that ponies did not care for the grasping that griffons were inclined to; his knuckle, he found, more resembled the hooves that they would bump.)

She stared back for a moment, and visibly relaxed. "I'm Dusty Winds," she whispered back, pressing her hoof against his fist.

She crawled out from under the table. Emboldened by the example, other ponies start ambling out, returning to the business of healing, being healed, resting.

Hector took a closer look at Dusty. She turned out to be a Pegasus pony, thick orange hair held back by a red kerchief (which, added to her coat color did a valiant job of hiding a small blood stain that did not escape the hippogriff's notice.) He risked a quick glance at her flank, seeing a clump of feathers; a feather duster? Caught up in a breeze of some kind. He was again entranced momentarily in her eyes, however.

He was suddenly aware of the Pegasus talking to her. "...who caught the guy blowing up the building? Wow! I've never met a STOMP member before!"

He snapped out of his reverie. "Huh? Oh yeah, I caught him. But I only got accepted to STOMP about an hour ago." He paused momentarily as she giggled in excitement. "How did you find out so quickly!?"

She smiled conspiratorialy. "Travel at the speed of gossip. The janitors hear stuff almost before it happens," she explained, nodding to a bucket of various cleaners with her name written in Sharpie. "But, that's about all we do; is hear about it. We kinda get shoved aside when anything exciting happens," she sighed, drooping her head and ears. She perked up again momentarily. "But wow! A real live Stomper! Even if you are brand new! Teeheehee!" She was giddy again.

Hector suddenly had two thoughts. The first was: Here was a wild soul longing for adventure. The second was: I wonder what's down the tunnel? He weighed the idea of bringing her with him. On one claw, he could get in trouble for bringing a civilian with him. On the other hand, if something happened, she could run/fly back. And there weren't a whole lot of others available for such a thing...

"The fight happened in a tunnel under the Keep," he explained. "I wanted to go check it out, you wanna come?"

She suddenly looked wary. "Isn't it kind of dangerous?"

Hector considered it momentarily. "Mmm, no, I don't think so. If it is, though, I'd like some pony to be able to call the cavalry."

She appeared to contemplate it before nodding with a smile.

Several minutes later they were in the tunnel. It had been easier than he anticipated; nobody else had done much to investigate it yet. They marched quietly down, eyes peering for anything interesting, ears perked for any sign of danger...

OOC:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:35 am

OOC Hector:

As Hector and Dusty Winds started down the tunnel, Dusty's mane, coat, eyes, and bandana all turned a dull slate grey.  Another echoing roar reverberated as the ground shook again.  Dusty tripped initially but continued on.  "So, how did you get hired for the team Hector?"

Meanwhile, the STOMP team felt the ground beneath them rise as something started to come out of the ground.  As the tremor continued, they saw something breach the soil, a colossal head in the shape of a dragon that was made of ancient clockwork mechanisms.  As the ground lurched, it looked around until it focused on the STOMP team!

OOC STOMP:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:25 am

ZamuelNow wrote:
OOC Hector:

As Hector and Dusty Winds started down the tunnel, Dusty's mane, coat, eyes, and bandana all turned a dull slate grey.  Another echoing roar reverberated as the ground shook again.  Dusty tripped initially but continued on.  "So, how did you get hired for the team Hector?"

Hector raised an eyebrow in slight alarm. He had not witnessed this particular phenomena before. He glanced back at his own coat when he thought she wasn't looking...

Perception:

...However, she was not apparently distressed by the change. He decided to answer her question before pointing it out.

"Well, when I first moved here I had a job in Manehattan initially as a weather crafter. I made some pretty good money doing it too, but I felt like I had more to offer. I wanted to join the Wonderbolts, actually; but they won't take a hippogriff," he sighed with a slight droop of the head. "So I settled for the Royal Guard for a while. Eventually I heard about STOMP, and decided I'd give them a shot. And then, well, one thing led to the next. Say, is your coat supposed to turn grey like that? I'm afraid I haven't seen that happen before..."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next