Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 18 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:16 pm

'I should be able to do this, but it makes take me 5-10 minutes.' Gearick said, closing his eyes in order to concentrate on the task at hand. 'Some assistance would be helpful as well, can never be too careful with such things' After this, Gearick felt silent so he could put his full attention onto weaving the magic to return the lion to his slumber, hoping that it would raise the island up... of course after this, they had a very big task to complete.

Arcana:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 18 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  kingofsouls Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:25 pm

"Spirits, please aid my friend" stout spirit calls to the spirits. Tiny spirits apart, whispering good tidings to Gerrik.

arcana:

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:03 am

As the lion returned to his original pose, a rumble was felt throughout the temple. This shaking sensation continued for several minutes and then suddenly stopped. Several of the other ponies looked uneasy from this occurrence.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Well, we don't have too much air left, but given his comments on the cosmic integrity of these caverns, I don't want to risk forcing our way out, so we should probably start walking. Grease thinks, turning to the rest of the group.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:38 pm

"Tensai said he could see the water churning so the transport crew will be ready to pick us up once we get out.  Um, should I link those others in telepathically or just wave them on?"  Muse nodded towards the prior earth pony assailants who were still in the corner.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:40 am

"I say we leave as soon as possible."

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:31 am

'Wave them on, as much as I want to get them out of here, I don't entirely trust them' Gearick said, also wanting to leave quickly, aware that the air was running out. ''Still, tell them to keep quiet, conserve the air'
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Well then, let's be off! Grease thinks, walking into the corridor they'd entered from.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Professor Field nods and keeps a close eye on the Earth Ponies.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:27 am

The huddled group followed without incident as the STOMP team led them out of the temple.  The hallway seemed to have shifted in their absence in order to form a mostly benign path out.  The transport was just a few feet above the sea and the crew helped load everyone in before the island sank once more into the ocean.  The blind earth pony stumbled a bit before speaking.  "I'd like to help you.  I can't offer much, especially now, but...well, I've worked with the two you're looking for before..."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Professor Field looks at the blind pony flashing a small smile. "Any information you can give us would be most kindly appreciated. "

Rolls:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:06 am

"I probably shouldn't do this but you got us out so you deserve something for it.  They're big on not giving out names but they seem to let slip their thoughts.  The griffon was big on assuming control, honor, and revolutions.  This really was his big goal, the last part of a few other plans.  When you left, lapped up as much as he could of that liquid you spilled and then flew off to...wherever.  The unicorn...she...she scares me.  She has a really twisted sense of humor.  She once did...something...to me and I got familiar with the way the inside of my stomach looked.  When she put things back, my eyes were red and I could see "better".  Well, until whatever happened in that temple.  I know she was in the temple for entirely different reasons than the griffon but I don't know for what."  As far as the insightful Professor could tell, the pony seemed to be telling the truth.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 pm

As the group traversed the ocean length on the return to Neighpon, they found Brisk Iron waiting on their return with a grim expression. "Considering circumstances, it seems safe to assume there's more to do.  Silver Swirl, you'll want to talk with Base when you have time.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:40 pm

"Yes, the other temple needs to be found, and fast." Gearick said upon Brisk's Iron comment. "I might be able to find some clues as to where it might be if I do some research, but every second we aren't working torwards stopping the Spectral Degredation the better... and I don't think us alone will be enough this time."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:19 pm

"I might be able to find the other temple, if it's another site where Spectral Degradation is spreading. Muse, may I look at your eyes?" Grease says, climbing out of his suit and walking over to Muse. "If I can scan you for non-living pieces, I should be able to make a machine that can find similar anomalies around the world. It would be a bit...showy...and it would involve exposing your head to a small electric charge, but most people wouldn't know what the pulse was, and you should be safe."

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Silver Swirl nodded in response to Brisk Iron's comment and immediately departed.  Meanwhile, Muse rather visibly cringed in response to Grease's proposal.  "Um...that doesn't sound safe. At all.  But...I...I'll do it.  Even if something happens, there's too much at stake not to."

Elsewhere, a very groggy Turquoise Tree slowly awoke.  Wherever he was, it was certainly more mundane than the realm of spirits he intended to escape to.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:21 pm

"I'll build ten extra safeguards in for your sake, Muse. It literally has to be just enough of a shock that I can register differences in how it travels through your body." Grease says, upending his gearkit and tossing the bag of crystals to Professor Fields, to keep it out of the way. He starts scrambling through the surprisingly large pile of gears, hinges, and circuitry, gathering bits and pieces and fitting them together. After some clanking and sparking, he stands in front of what looks like an oddly connected combination of an MRI and and a Grease-sized telephone tower. For once, his creation looks surprisingly chrome and well-made. "Now then, Muse, I just need you to lie in the opening here for a moment. The machine will run a very small electric current through your body. With the voltage I've programmed, it shouldn't do more than make your feathers stand on end. It will find anything that doesn't fit with the surrounding tissue, and flag it on the screen for me. We should be able to see which bits of you are currently affected by Spectral Degradation, and analyze it's conductive properties. I'll then take this thing," he says, tapping on the tower, "Outside, and it will send an electrical pulse all the way around the world. At the very least, we can see where Spectral Degradation has spread to, and hopefully we can find some sort of hotspot, which should lead us to the island. If I coded it right, it should even be able to tell the difference between Spectrally Degraded eye and normal eye, which means it won't just be looking for Spectrally Degraded eyes, but rather Spectral Degradation's effects." A spark passes between his eyebrows, and Grease rolls his eyes. "I'm sorry everyone, most of that was a huge waste of time. Muse, are you ready?"

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:34 am

Lying down in the cantankerous contraption, Muse waited patiently as the mechanical marvel worked it's technological magic.  It temporarily blipped off with an audible sputter as it scanned Muse's eyes but then finished without a hitch.  "I'm okay...I think..." Outside, it pulsed across the airwaves in a circulating scan.  The machine fell silent until eventually revealing its information...just a little bit of this degrading force was present everywhere worldwide.  However, two spots seemed to be strongest with one out in the Pacifilly Ocean with the other being far weaker and just south of Horseshoe Bay.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:42 am

"I'm sure you're just fine, dear." Grease says, starting to disassemble his contraption and sort the pieces into their proper pockets. "Well, as fine as the rest of the universe, anyways. So statistically, you're quite alright." He continues with a grin. "Horseshoe Bay, hm? Well, now that the adrenaline rush from a new idea is wearing off, I'm starting to get tired. Unless anybody has any need of me, I'm going to find the generator room and go to sleep." He says, cracking a large yawn and turning away from the group.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:51 am

Turquoise tree grand as he walked up. where am I? he thinks to himself. He attempts to take a closer look at where he is.

perception:

Meanwhile, stout spirit takes a look around the base. He whistles, clearly impressed." So is there anything you need me to do, or should I just sit quietly and look pretty?"

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:51 pm

"There is not much anyone of use can do at the moment except set a course for Horseshoe Bay."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:01 am

Turquoise Tree can't see much in the dim light.  It's only enough to tell it's a tunnel with the faintest of yellow glows illuminating it.

Brisk Iron stared intently at Grease's display with a look of worry.
 "That's uncomfortably close to Caballuston.  To the point where I'd say we should leave immediately if the unicorns for our teleport system weren't resting."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:09 am

Turquoise tree focuses, wishing his horns to flow with light to try and see better.

MEANWHILE
Stout Spirit turns to his particulate. "Too true. But, since while not in any immediate danger, I think we should get to know each other a little better. I am Stout Spirit, a shaman of a great buffalo tribe day from here."

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:16 pm

"Socialization can wait until after the mission." Gearick said, not even turning to look at Stout when he spoke. "We might not be immediate danger, but this is no time to talk. As we can move out right away, now is the time to prepare for the next mission, whenever it be by rest or research. I personally want to see if I can find more information about the bay."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 pm

With the new light, Turquoise Tree could get a better view of the tunnel.  It was obviously something built as opposed to a natural formation.  Something about it was making him mildly nauseous though he didn't feel anywhere near as bad as when he was in the Temple of the Ninth Life.  Suddenly, he feels a light tremor.

Elsewhere, a hippogriff finishes up an interview for joining the STOMP team.  As this Hector Gildedwings is dismissed from the room, he can hear a loud boom and feel the area shake by what could only be assumed to be an explosion!

While at Neighpon, Brisk Iron makes an announcement.
"Against my usual judgement, I'm going to get the teleport team ready for a jump.  If things are as dire as they seem, we need to get you over there as fast as possible."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next