Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 10 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:25 am

"Sure. I'm not sure they'll be at full strength with Base corroding them but hopefully they can be put to better use."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 10 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:02 pm

"Anything is better than nothing, thank you." Gearick said, already having a few ideas what could be done with the crystal's as he collected them.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:48 pm

After about an hour or two of air travel, the team's blimp met back up with the transport.  With a team of pegasi using a cable system to tow the team, they started the return trip to Neighpon with the newly rising sun heralding a new day.  Upon docking and unboarding they found none other than Brisk Iron waiting for their return.  "Well if you've returned with the princess then it's safe to guess that all has gone well.  I'm glad that I could put my trust in you.  I went ahead and made sure payment was ready.  Grease, Gearick, your's is in your standard Keep accounts.  It'll be easy to tell which part since it's three times your normal salaries.  I expect a full report but for now I have but one thing to say...

Thank you.  I have a bad feeling this is far from over but I'm glad you're on our side."

And indeed, who knows what sinister forces lurk around the bend?  Will our heroes be able to avert the next disaster that threatens the world?  Tune in next time folks for more of the Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour!

*static crackle*

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:50 am

*static crackle*

Good evening folks!  Hope you're well rested because there's no rest for the weary.  That's right, we bring you yet another exciting Saturday night with the Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour! And even better the Explorers of STOMP are back for more aspiring adventures and fortuitous fortunes.  

Last week you met the team as chief director Brisk Iron sent them on the other side of the world to rescue a princess' entourage and prevent certain disaster from becoming a certainty!  Now, as they return the director would like a summary of what all happened on the island adventure.  She also seems to be splitting a few of the team off for other tasks.  Meanwhile, Princess Silver Swirl seemed to be checking out some schematics while Muse seemed to be quietly chatting up Keep mechanist Tensai.

Of course, the day has just begun...

Spoiler:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:55 am

"So Basic Glory, how did you come to live with ponies? I don't get to meet too many other dragons, so this is a new experience for me." Grease asks, surreptitiously trying to identify what Silver Swirl was looking at.

OOC:

Last edited by sunbeam on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:02 pm

It seemed travel was going through the mind of the princess as she rapidly sorted through various vehicle blueprints ranging from abnormal obscurities to prototypes of Neighpon's transport blimp.  Her dragon assistant seemed amused by Grease's question, reclining a bit as he sat on Silver Swirl's back. "Please, call me Base. As I was told, my egg was going to be used to power some sort of mystical doomsday device.  Considering I'm here and not some apocalyptic yolk somewhere, obviously it was stopped.  I was delivered to the island's Royal Court where I just so happened to hatch.  A few minutes earlier a certain princess was born so it was decreed to be destiny and all that.  We've been stuck with each other ever since."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:37 pm

"And... done." Gearick said happily, as he finished his report. It was easy really, covering what happened at the island and the journey to it. Highlighting the changeling's talk of an organization and how the 'unicorn' vanished when exposed to such a bright light. He also mentioned that Grease was very helpful and quick thinking, and the Professor was very intelligent himself and helped in his owns ways. Finally he expressed an interest in the lion statue. "Anyone want to proof read the report?" He asked outloud, even as he wandered over to the Princess to have a look at what she was examining. "What type of travel is on your mind Princess?" He asked curiously after examining the blueprints
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:52 pm

Professor Field silently takes the paper and gives it a quick look over. He then pulls out a pen and beings to correct any mistakes and adds his own commentary to areas that he disagrees with or wishes to expand upon including a few minor notes about the apparent incompetence of the Changeling and the description of the griffon. Upon finishing he delivers the report to Brisk Iron.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Silver Swirl continued sorting through her various blueprints while addressing Gearick. "Considering my options since I'm now without a ship.  Though I'll admit that the island worries me a bit." Meanwhile, Brisk Iron calmly took the report from the Professor and walked off to the side where she could read it.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:12 pm

"Well, what do you want percisely for your new transport?" Gearick asked, examining the blue-print when he was able to, through careful not to disturb the Princess organization. "I could help decide if you want." Though after this he turned to her, asking. "Why does the island concern you anyway?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:21 pm

"When that unicorn set it off whatever it was that sank the island, I don't know if it was on purpose or an accident. I didn't see anything about it on the way in. I did see something about a 'Spectral Degradation' of some sort. Never heard of that before. When I get a chance, I want to look back into it."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:57 pm

"You have some pretty strong points there Princess." Gearick said, once more putting a hoof under his chin as he began to think. Trying to recall any information he had about the 'Spectral Degradation' that the Princess had mentioned.

Histroy Check:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Grease awkwardly finds himself at a complete loss for words while talking to Base, and instead turns to Gearick and the princess. " 'Spectral Degradation' sounds more like what the shadow unicorn did to herself than anything that might've held the island up. Unless the island was somehow powered by the lost spirits of the old gryphon tribes? That'd be rather impressive."

History assist:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:37 pm

"I think it was something separate from what was holding up the island.  Also, it was written more like the visual spectrum than something dealing with specters and ghosts though older languages can a pain to translate.  I actually wouldn't mind extra help for a change but you'd probably need to get clearance from Brisk.  Then again, she might be sending you anyway since I outlined what I saw in my report." Silver Swirl then suddenly stacked all the blueprints neatly and started trotting towards Tensai.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Brisk Iron walked over to the group and beckoned for them to follow. She entered a small makeshift meeting room as the princess and her associates, Tensai, and the STOMP team found seats.  "From reading the various reports, it seems we'll need to send someone back to the island sooner rather than later. Our usual aquatic teams are a little indisposed at the moment so you'll be going at this alone. Silver Swirl, try not to run up as much of a tab as you usually do. Just because you can pay for it doesn't give you free reign with Keep equipment. For the rest of you, departure will be in ten hours. Any questions?"

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:01 pm

"We are going back to the island?" Gearick repeated, surprised at this information, through Brisk Iron informed them that the usual underwater team is indisposed at the moment. "Well, its not really a question, but I assume we will get equipment suited for an underwater expedition?" It was a bit of an obvious question of course, but he wanted to make sure. Even then, the idea of being part of the underwater expedition made him nervous... and excited.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:36 pm

"Of course.  The vehicle stability takes work but individual diving suits and other such gear is something we've tested several times."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:46 pm

"So, any underwater vehicles are an uncertainty, but we do have equipment for individual movement underwater." Gearick summarized, cropping a hoof underneath his chin as he thought things through. Having an underwater vehicle would probably be safer if there was accidents under the water, as its deadly down there. Still, as long as we have a vehicle, and we are extremely careful, we should be fine.... "I assume we'll at least get a boat or something? A balloon/zeppelin won't really work that well for an operation like this... and I'm guessing any lessons about using the diving suits and such will be taught on the way there."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:16 pm

"I happen to already have some experience with Atmospheric diving suits but they do require a support group to pump down air shall we be receiving one? However there is the possibility to carry down air inside of tanks. Even so personally I would still like at least a re-compression unit near-by should one of us fall ill to the diving sickness."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:58 pm

"Yes, we'll make sure that you're updated on the gear during the return trip. We should have a few things in the works since a few teams will be busy these next few hours. I have a few things to attend to but Tensai can show you where anything you'd need would be."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:23 pm

"Well... I suppose I could do a bit of research for an hour or two... gonna have to get some rest through for the mission..." Gearick mused, thinking through his options outloud, then an idea came to him, and he turned to his dragon companion. "Hey, Grease. Think you might be able to take the crystal shards and make a dagger or something out of them?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:31 pm

"I'm a little hesitant to interact with them, judging from how they tug on my electricity" Grease says, eying the crystals, "but it's probably nothing a pair of rubber gloves can't fix. Most of those crystals have had dragon acid on them, so they probably aren't the strongest building material, but with the right sheathing material...I'll see what I can do. How about I take half of these corroded ones and tinker with them down in my office, and you take the other half for your research? We can meet back up as we leave to compare notes, and I'll bring whatever supplies I might need to craft something out of all the crystals. I can make it during the flight."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Gearick mused on Grease's response, thinking it through before making his own response. "I hadn't actually thought of doing research on the crystal's to be honest. I was intended to see if I could find out anything about the 'Spectral Degradation' that the Princess had mentioned. More importantly, I wanted to do research onto the runes that the lion had. I'm confident that the lion is the key to the temple's defences, so I want to have as much information on it as possible. Still, I suppose I could swap out the reseach on Spectral Degradation for the crsytal's if you think that's the best idea"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Grease shrugs "Research whatever you think will be most useful for our trip. Admittedly, if I had all the crystals I could start creation sooner, and we probably don't want you trying to manipulate the crystals with your magic. So if you want to look into the island, that would probably work better."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:25 pm

"You can take all the crystal's then." Gearick said in agreement, even as he carefully handed them over to the dragon, in a little bag he placed them in.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next