Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 17 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 17 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:55 pm

'You shouldn't of held him up in the first place' Gearick said as he began to work his magic. Examining the runes displayed to him carefully as he began to pour more and more magic into task, knowing that he could not afford to fail. He placed his hoof on Grease, using him as a secondary power source, as he said he could. The unicorn was attempting not to settle the lion to sleep, but to make it their ally, to have it work with them. If this wasn't possible, he would work at simply returning it to sleep after stopping the spectral degradation and lifting the island up.

Arcana:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 17 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 pm

"Would you fully be able to do this were the lion resisting with all of its might?"

MP for generosity. +15
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Stout Spirit turns to his allies. "I'm not sure if this will work, but I will call apun the spirits!" He digs his feet into the nearest group, and chants "Ancient Spirits from beyond out sight! Assist us in our moment of plight! A horrid fate we must curtail: Give us might so we prevail!"

Small spirits begin to dance around Gerrik in response to the cry for help

Arcana (Assistance):

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:15 am

Glancing at the group, the lion started to purr.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:00 am

Um...Gearick? Is your magic making any progress here? I get easily unsettled when golems suffering from a few dozen deep puncture wounds look casual. Grease thinks, eying the lion. A spark passes between his eyebrows, and he turns to check on the other ponies that were hiding from the lion on the other end of the room. Silver Swirl, you should probably keep the Cat's Yawn close, in case something happens. Besides, you might be able to control the lion with it. Really, I'd just be happy if he'd act the least bit riled again.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:17 am

'I'm not sure... its possible. I mean, its no longer growling and such at us... but I don't think its runes have changed...' Gearick said rather uncertainly, his horn still focused on magic. 'Still, the island isn't raising up to my knowledge, and I'm trying to have that happen... maybe it needs to be in its plinth to do that'
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:45 pm

It sounds happy... It is rather intriguing that concepts such as pleasure would be included in a golem like construct.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 pm

"Things are often more than they appear." Stout Spirit notes "In any case, how are we going to get that lion to it's plinth without it killing us. I could summon more spirits and have them lead the lion while we tail it from behind."

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:52 am

'Or we could just let it go and take the risk' Gearick suggested with a mental shrug. 'It is purring, not growling at us... and to be honest, it doesn't really have a plinth, just a spot in the wall'
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Grease walked up to vines' "seed" and tapped it in a few places, electricity arcing from his claws to precise nodes on the disc. Suddenly, the disc grew legs, and began to scuttle over the rubble left by the lion's attacks on the walls and into the room it had come from. Once it was settled in an open area, the vines slowly lowered the lion to the floor and unwrapped themselves from his legs, curling over his back instead.
Grease hopped up on a piece of rubble in the hole in the wall and sat down, laying his tail over his legs. Can somebody try linking me to the lion? I'd like to try apologizing.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 pm

The statue casually stretched then eyed the young dragon with curious intrigue.  Muse attempted to tap into the lion's mind.  "Um...hello?  Can you hear me?"  "Ah, one of the newer languages.  I must inquire on the why of your group's methods since they seem rather...different."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:58 pm

'We seek to keep artifacts and powers out of the hands of those who might abuse them' Gearick said, saying straight up what they where trying to do as he stopped his magic, deciding that he had done all he could do with the magic, now it was up to talking. 'We don't wish to use them ourselves. We came to this place in order to help protect the items upon it.'
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm sorry about the punctures. Our methods were based on the potentially flawed assumptions that you were going to gore us if you got free, and that we could stop potential spectral degradation by dealing with those runes on your stomach. Can you clarify either of those? Speaking of cans, can you actually hear me? Muse, if he doesn't react to me, can you relay this? Grease thought, contemplating the oddness of a situation where the first question was a perfectly valid query.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:21 pm

"I can hear you quite well little dragon.  On the matter of your quest, I believe you.  I was initially unsure since my awakening involved two types of magic.  I can now tell that one of them was from the unicorn that stands before me.  My...demeanor...was from thinking you were involved with the other.  It was a mockery and defilement of the boundary between life and death.  The very kind of usurper not to be allowed the island's secrets.  Yet, this improper application of magic is part of why you have a chance.  The spectral degradation process was improperly started so you may be able to reach the counterpart temple in time.  Though this means I must be returned to slumber to further slow the effect.  Though it leaves me to wonder many things."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:31 pm

"Counterpart Temple? May you tell us where such a place is?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:52 pm

Well, that's a full statement. Grease said, deactivating his bowtie and spitting some sparks at the "seed." The vines fell to pieces, clattering around the lion. Not a word wasted. It leaves a lot of questions, though, which I'd appreciate you answering before you go back to sleep. Is 'The Other' a title, or a pronoun for an unknown enemy? Do you know much about 'The Other?' Also, what is spectral degradation? How do you destroy magic? I've seen magic dissipated, and eaten, but never destroyed. Even disjunctions don't destroy magic. In any case, what are your wonders? knowing them might help us sort problems out later on. Grease walks towards the lions, gathering pieces of metal and stowing them in his gearkit. Lastly, how important is the structural integrity of this temple to you, or possibly to the universe? I need to get use out of here before the oxygen runs out, and the fastest route is through the ceiling.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:09 am

"Such a great many questions.

I do not know the exact location of the other temple.  I just know it is far away.  It was so that those attempting  to stop the affect would have to be in two places at the same time.  I do know its destroyer does not have the same emotional range I do.

I would assume you would know more about the other mage than I would.  Whoever it was that wielded their magic on my runes shortly after your ally did the time he was here previously.  

Spectral Degradation is the breakdown of light in such a way that it destroys magic.  Light is life and all creatures have at least some magic in them.  There's some cruel irony in how it works.  An extreme means of halting tyrants and necromancers does so by leaving the world in a grey, depressed status.  Magic simply dies...and the world responds accordingly.

As far as answering any questions about any "wonders" I might have, that would require returning the Cat's Yawn to my possession.  I do not know what damaging the temple would do.  It's built with its parts sharing space with each other so destroying it might do nothing or be cataclysmic."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:27 am

'Can you raise the temple back up, even temporarily?' Gearick asked, using his magic to grab the cat's yarn and float it over to the lion for him to take, even crushed as it was. 'Although we have means of underwater transportation, there are others trapped here that aren't, and I have no desire to see them die'
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Questions lead to knowledge, and knowledge can be more powerful than anything else, in the right hands. Grease thinks, whipping out a notepad and a pencil and jotting a few things down. Does Spectral Degradation need light to function, or would the "reaction" be self-sustaining, even if all the light was removed from an area through...means. Means that I haven't quite figured out yet, but that I'm sure I could. Also...hm. Somebody worked magic on you almost immediately after Gearick? I didn't see anything like that happening. It's unlikely, but was the magic that was working on you anything like the stuff in this bag? Grease continues, lifting the sack of anti-magic crystals out of his gearkit with his tail.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 pm

'He was talking about the last time we where here. You know, that unicorn that could detach her horn and dissolved when exposed to light? Considering how she was said to be between life and death, its obvious she some sort of undead, perhaps a vampire. Gearick said, noticing the mistake that Grease made.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Ah. I'd forgotten about her. That makes more sense, then. Grease says, stowing his bag of crystals.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:22 pm

"I have a question, Stone One" Stout Spirit speaks up, staying silent until needed "My best friend, a spirit, traveled into a hall of nothing but darkness. He had to retreat but did not reveal anything other than that he had to return to the Spirit Lands he calls home. Do you have any idea of what that darkness might be and what it does?"

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:14 pm

"While there may be a starting point, spectral degradation is unending once begun.  The only places safe from it are those which you could not survive.  Such as the pockets of darkness this shaman describes.  It is an absence of magic, light, and life in its most concentrated form.

As far as the island, I believe its cycle can be altered through my slumber.  It may not rise high enough to fully breach the surface but should be close enough that a short swim would no longer be hazardous."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:11 am

"So, I cannot follow to see if he is safe....i must pay that he was able to leave that darkness. Is there any way to remove these darknesses

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:11 pm

"There are secrets even I do not know.  However, if he shares the resourcefulness of a team that can find hidden temple at the bottom of the ocean, he should be fine.  With the air being thin for creatures that need to breathe, the spell should now commence.  I bid that you succeed in your quest."

And with that, the guardian transferred the mystical knowledge needed in order to return it to slumber and raise the island.

Spoiler:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next