Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 11 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:29 pm

"Excellent! To the lab!" Grease said, picking up the bag with his tail and walking out of the room.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 11 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:40 pm

When Brisk Iron had concluded the meeting, Tensai and the Princess stepped outside. As Grease exited the room, the young dragon narrowly missed colliding with Silver Swirl as she stomped off in annoyance. Tensai sighs and shakes his head.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Gearick followed behind them, wondering what the princess's problem was. However, he didn't comment as he headed of to the library to do his research. Hoping to find some good, valuable research before rest called.

(... Did I use any of my /day talents or a magic point? I don't think I did...)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:39 am

"Princess!" Gearick calls out conversationally, following the princess down the halllway. "Do you feel like ranting in a manner that would inform me of what just happened? I have a feeling it would make us both feel better about things."

OOC:

Last edited by sunbeam on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:14 pm

OOC:

The princess paused for a moment to seemingly regain composure.  "Ranting would be...unbecoming.  Forgive me for almost running into you, that was rude of me.  So, what are you up to as we wait these long 10 hours?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:24 pm

"Well, I need to sleep, naturally. I've done the impossible twice today, that takes a fair bit of effort. But first I get to take a closer look at those crystals that were sticking out of your horn, and see if they have some use. And before that I get to find out what Brisk Iron has to say that would rile you up so easily. Anything that sets you off like that is probably going to bite us in the backside, later. Besides, information is always a nice thing to share. So, what do you know that I don't?" Grease says, keeping the same jovial tone in his voice throughout.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:37 pm

As he headed to the library, Gearick mused over how the mission went, and concluded that he didn't actually needed to rest much. He would just take a short nap on the way. This meant that he could get more research done, which pleased the unicorn.

Once he reached the library, Gearick quickly went to work. For the first 6-7 hours, he planned to study up on the gyrphonic runes, trying to understand the ins and outs of the lion he saw on the island. He would eat, drink and us the loo of course. He wasn't that much into research to forgot about self-care... at least, currently. During the last 3-4 hours, he planned to see what he could find about the 'Spectral Degradation' the Princess mentioned. Gearick hated not knowing about things, as it meant he didn't know how to react to them. So he would do his best to find out what the hell the 'Spectral Degradation' was before it was time to leave.

(Hope I'm leaving room for everyone else)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:10 pm

"Brisk has nothing to do with it. Tensai and my myself simply had a small disagreement. Speaking of Tensai, he may be able to help you with those crystals since the Keep has a small quantity for extreme emergencies."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:41 pm

"Then I'll leave you and Base to whatever your plans are and go speak with him." Grease says, turning around and walking back into the room. "Tensai! Is the dispute between you and the princess the least bit relevant to my work, and what can you tell me about the nullifier crystals?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:19 pm

When Field leaves the meeting room he sets out to find a suitable place to rest for the coming trip. Additionally he plans to examine the Keep's equipment upon waking.

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:47 am

Realizing that Tensai probably headed out to work on the gear for the upcoming voyage, Grease intercepted him heading towards the supply depot.  He gave a wily chuckle in response to Grease's question.

"The Princess and I?
There's a subject.  Funny though...
She's not on payroll.

Thus, I can say "NO".
It annoys her to no end.
But do not worry.

Really does mean well,
But I can't work miracles.
Such crazy requests...

About those crystals?
Great for magic overloads.
Or "emergencies".

STOMP means the latter.
Certainly keeps things at bay.
Got other questions?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:59 am

"Have you ever tried messing them before? What might make them create a magic vacuum like that? Can you think of anything that might suppress them? Just being able to install an on/off switch in them would be a boon." Grease thought for a moment. "Also, can you think of anything that would insulate them? Would rubber gloves work? They tend to insulate most everything else."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:00 am

"Whoa, just slow down there.
Rubber will block a current
But magic? Heh. Nope.

In the end? Distance.
Oh, and size does effect strength.
Smaller is better.

Those look rather big.
Don't want a blackout...again.
Gotta be careful"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:35 am

"Well, Magic is Electricity. Or at least, Magic is energy, and sparks are energy, so they're practically one and the same. But I digress." Grease sighs. "Alright, size and distance, I can work with that. Making something travel-sized is going to be the difficult part...Thanks, Tensai." Grease wanders back into the hallway, heading down a few flights of stairs, following his ears and his nose until he comes to a large door with a number of lightning bolt warning pictographs on it. He ignores the warnings, opens the door, and steps into the generator room. It's much more cramped than his home office, presumably since it wasn't designed for residence, but it would accomodate one baby dragon, one backpack, and a bag of nullifier crystals for one night.
Grease leaned against a pipe that ran through the room, set down the crystals, and sighed."Distance and size, distance and size...you can't do much about size, since I want the crystals to be potent anyways. Tensai didn't know of any substance that would insulate the crystals, so a knife would be very unwieldy. But distance, distance I can toy with." Grease lets out a yawn, and rubs his temples with his knuckles. "I still have an hour or two before I'm going to collapse from general exhaustion. I could do some tests to see precisely how distance affects the crystal. OR..." A spark passed between his eyebrows, and Grease stared into space for a second. "OR I could create more space. What was that article I was reading before we left...space bubbles or something...Ah, Theoretical Physics! Just what an engineer like me needs to break the laws of the Universe!"Suddenly, his mouth split into another toothy yawn. "...If I start working on this now, I'll be up all night, exhaustion or no. I'll work on it in the morning, and bring whatever prototype I can cobble together onboard with me."
Grease reached into his pack and pulled out a string of egg-timers. He wound each egg-timer for one hour, and mechanically rigged the string of egg-timers so that each would catalyze the next countdown, but none of them would go off until all eight had activated. He crawled into bed, tucked his tail under his nose, Pulled the door closed, and fell asleep to the hum of the generator.
OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:02 pm

While his friends rested, Gearick worked the night away. It seemed that the runes followed a different syntax structure than modern griffon writing but he was able to get a good handle on what the rule differences. After that, time wound down as he searched for information on Spectral Degradation. Finally finding a tattered tome, part of the mystery was revealed. It seemed that it referred to the concept of the visual spectrum slowly breaking down and subsequently magic itself starting to weaken and decay. It was described as only a theory but there were notes on how one might go about attempting such a thing. Notes on pages that seemed to be missing.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:24 pm

The cacophony of alarms took about 90 seconds to wake Grease up. He got up slowly, stretching all his joints as far as he could. When he was finally standing again, He turned off the egg-timer string, removed one egg-timer, and set it for another hour. "Alright, I need something portable to write on. Hm..." Grease muttered, fishing through his gearkit. He pulled out a few widgets, shuffled them together, and grinned. He held in his hands an odd pair of boards, with two protruding nobs holding them together. The bottom board was coated with lodestone dust, the top board had a tiny magnet attached to it. As Grease fiddled with the nobs, the magnet moved, and the nearby dust gathered at it, forming letters and equations. "Now then, this is the iron law of the universe. How do I go about breaking it and putting it back together as I need it to be..." Grease says with unadulterated joy...
An hour later, the left over egg-timer went off. Gearick looked up from his magnetic whiteboard and turned it off. He shouldered his gearkit picked up the bag of crystals with his tail, and strolled out of the generator room, heading back up to the meeting room they were in yesterday, his whiteboard under his arm.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:05 pm

When Grease sat down in the conference room, he was soon greeted by Muse who quietly sat down next to him.  Over the next few minutes, the rest of STOMP and Silver Swirl's entourage took seats.  Brisk Iron cleared her throat, "Glad to see everyone was prompt to the meeting.  On to the business at hand, the zeppelin transport will take you back out to the spot where the island was discovered.  Tensai was able to get a prototype vessel up and running for the dive.  Only one can fit inside it but has hoof holds for those needing a ride.  It also has an emergency pressurization tank.  I have a few written guides for the diving suits themselves.  Professor Fields should be able to get the rest of the group up to speed on their operation.  Base, you're staying behind.  We only have one dragon sized suit and Keep employees take precedence.  While we're discussing things, did anypony come up with any new information that would be of use?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:25 pm

"I've got some, but not much." Gearick spoke up, recalling what he had researched in those long hours of research. "Firstly, I believe I will be able to finish the runes on the lion and activate it for our benefit. Secondly, I discovered what the 'Spectral Degradation' is. Its a concept of the visual spectrum slowly breaking down and subsequently magic itself starting to weaken and decay. Only a theroy, but the tome had pages missing, and on the pages that were supposed to be there, I found notes on how it might be possible. To me, this means that one of our rivals may have previously been part of the Keep."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:58 pm

"I've got an idea I'm toying with, but nothing concrete, and nothing that's particularly urgent." Grease said, fiddling with his sketchboard.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:17 pm

"The idea that someone from the Keep could be involved would be...worrisome. It's something I'll have to look into. Professor Fields, did you have anything you wanted to add or should we depart?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Field considers the question for a moment before responding. "While I could speak now I would be far better if I had the equipment on hand for the explanations."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Brisk Iron nodded in response to the erudite minotaur's comment and led the group out to the loading area. "The gear and documentation is already on the transport. I'd say I hope things are uneventful...but I know how rare that is in this job. Watch each other's backs and keep a report of everything." As the massive transport silently carried it's travelers, Muse sat quietly as Silver Swirl paced back and forth.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Professor Fields signals for the others to follow him and heads toward the location where the diving equipment is being kept. Upon reaching the equipment he briefly examines everything before speaking.

Roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Taking a careful look over it, things seemed as Professor Fields remembered from the last time he used them. Perhaps even better since the Keep took good care of his gear.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:04 am

"So how does this stuff work? I can see what's probably the oxygen delivery mechanism, but what does everything else do? And how do we deal with pressures as we go deeper down?" Grease says, stuffing his white-board into his pack and walking over to stand beside the Proffessor.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next