Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 24 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  kingofsouls Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

"Remind me to hit you later for calling me an alpaca." Stout though responds. "And....we're in a dragon? Never mind, we have no idea why we are in a dragon, we just fell and wound up here. We pulled out osme stones and it did something but we are not sure what it did. Is something happening out there?

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 24 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:52 pm

'Your probably right. Geeze, the battle shook me more than I thought' Gearick 'said', annoyed at his mistake in species, but he was heartened to find the magical energy he was looking for. Putting this aside, the unicorn spoke up. 'Anyway, thanks Muse, I should be able to teleport him out now that you've located him. Before that through... Stout, do you think you might be able to put those stones back please? The unicorn was only guessing and hoping now, but it made sense that those stones had something to do with how the dragon worked. Hopefully when they where put back, there would be a change to its magic.

Arcana:

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:02 pm

I can, but save your strength:It is my turn to be useful, for I too can use teleportation, but I need to see the location. If there is any way to have me see the location i can warp out. I can even walk through walls if that can't work, so i can just walk out." Stout though speaks as he attempts to return the stones.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:37 pm

As Stout Spirit returned the gems to their places, Gearick could feel an ebb and flow through the great machine.  The center of power  was where Muse described their buffalo ally to be and seemed to be the very crystals that were being replaced.  The tempting pulse of destruction called out to Gearick, for this metal beast sought out reawakening to continue its mission.  As Muse provided psionic imagery so that either Stout Spirit or Gearick could provide a teleportative exit, she shivered on reflex from the residue of Armageddon lingering in Gearick's mind. "For the next minute, you should be able to see through each other's eyes for the teleport.  This thing's starting to worry me..."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Then let us do it now" stout thought speaks as he grabs the staff. "Tree, sorry to do this but I think you may need another way to leave."

"Not a problem"

"We're ready"

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:00 pm

'You have nothing to worry about Muse' Gearick said, feeling himself smiling at the power throbbing through the dragon as the gem's where restored. It really was amazing that it sought to continue its mission, even after being so badly damaged as it was... but Gearick would not allow it. 'Magic is simply a tool to use. It may be given shape, strength and purpose by others... but in the end, all magic can be manipulated... and spell weaving is my specialty.. Being as Stout had said he had his own way of getting out, now that he was able to see his destination, the unicorn didn't bother attempting to teleport him. Instead, he spoke to the others.

'So, what do you think? We could escape, leaving this thing to crash into the country side... but I think the Keep would benefit much more if the dragon stays in tact. So, whose up to override and overdrive?!' With his idea finally shared, the unicorn couldn't stop the reckless, dare-devil grin appear on his face as he talked. It was probably one of his most crazy and far-fetched plans to date... but he never felt more confident in his spell-weaving abilities either.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

((Okay, I'm getting bored. Time to get up to something else.))

Hector watched his updrafts carefully. He was quite certain they'd hold for a while unsupervised; he decided he could safely go back up to the rest of his new companions and try to help up there Diving into the draft in question, he spread his wings until he was about 50 yards beneath the dragon; he then veered off and flapped hard to make his way the rest of the distance to the dragon's back. Having reached it, he noticed someone new - a griffon? No time to think! - he landed with a thud nearby. His claws clacked as he sprinted the rest of the way. She was stuck?

"Let me help you with that!" He had to shout to be heard. He examined the plates that had pinned her down momentarily, and dug his claws in to try and bend one back to free her...

Athletics:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Stout face palms. "Oh Right. I can teleport. " Stout then changed in an amusing tounge, summoning spirits of the past to wisk them away to the team.

Tree on the other hand, desires to leave the way they came.

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:44 pm

With the strength of ten horses, Hector heroically ripped away the metal plates. Climbing to safety, Muse tilted her head in curiosity of the newcomer. "Thank you for saving me."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:57 am

"WELL THIS IS ALL WELL AND GOOD FOR THE DRAMATIC TENSION OF THE MOMENT, AND ALL, BUT BRINGING THE DRAGON BACK WON'T DO ANYTHING IF THAT BLASTED LEFT WING BREAKS OFF!" Grease yells, shouting over the wind and screaming through the telepathic link. "SOMEONE PLEASE TRUST THE MECHANIC ABOUT RUNNING A MACHINE AND DO WHAT I SAY...*sigh* no metal should make that noise. It means trouble, no matter what. Any movement my vines make right now risks doing more damage until I have more info, but I'm not leaving the closest thing I have to a control console. I need an extra pair of claws. Or hooves, as is probable.

Last edited by sunbeam on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:44 am

Hector turned his head toward the dragon - he seemed to be shouting, but he was too far away to hear properly. He dashed over to make himself heard:

"WHAT YOU NEED NOW?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:39 pm

"Grease, please stop shouting in the telepathic link."Looking at Hector, Muse patched him into the link. "Can you hear us? This should make things a little bit easier."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Grease actually manages a smile at Hector's attempts to talk to him manually. Sorry, Muse. The left wing made some baaaaaad noises once I got it into the open position. I think there's a fracture of indeterminate size, that will only get worse as we fall, especially if I try to adjust it at all. I need to man the control panel here, but I need someone to tell me what's wrong with it. Also, Professor, if you have anymore of that metal-melting magic, it would be perfect for fixing a stress fracture. I don't think we really have the tools for a proper welding attempt up here.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Trusting Grease's judgement on this matter, Gearrick turned his attention over to the baby dragon, calmly down as he spoke to him through the mental link. 'No need to yell you know. What do you need to be done?' The unicorn hoping that Grease would have a way to momentraily repair the dragon's wing so they could start it up again.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Listen to what I say, mostly. Grease snaps. For the fourth time, I need someone to look at the left wing and tell me where the fracture is and how big it is. With this link, you can probably just picture it, and I'll see it. But for goodness sake, somebody find the fracture. Then we can figure out how to fix it.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:35 pm

'Sorry, in case you didn't notice I was a bit shaken after the battle' Gearick said, a little annoyed at how Grease snapped at him, but couldn't really berudge him either. When the dragon stated what he wanted to be done, the unicorn thought it over, before glancing back at Muse. 'Hey Mister Hipogriff, can you look for the fracture? As I can't fly, I'll rather not risk falling off the dragon'
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:41 am

Agilely flying through the air, the rest of the team was able to see what Hector could see due to to Muse's telepathic link. Sections of wing between the tendril were mangled at a misshapen angle with a subtly glowing white dust seeping out of the cracks.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:33 am

Thank you. Welding is certainly out of the question. Professor, do you have any more of that metal melting magic you used a moment ago? That should do the trick. If not, I can try to wrap the tendril around that section to keep it in place better. First off, though, Hector, can you please touch the white dust? It shouldn't be dangerous.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:24 am

'Actually, if you don't mind, I'll rather give that dust a scan before anyone touches it' Gearick said, guessing that the dust was magicial from how it was glowing slightly. Focusing carefully, the unicorn reached out with his magic once more, trying to scan the white dust to figure out just what it was and how it related to the clockwork dragon.

Arcana:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:18 pm

The dust's properties made it seem like a similar source of magic as Spectral Degredation but...different.  In fact, it seemed to work counter to those effects.  The luster also seemed to be the same as the crystals from the chamber Stout Spirit and Turquoise Tree were previously in.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:53 pm

'Interesting, it seems that the substance seems to reverse the Spectral Degradation. Gearick said thoughtfully, as he focused his magic in his horn, trying to use his telekinesis to dam the flow of the dust, wanting none of it to escape from the dragon. 'Either way, I don't think we want it escaping anymore than necessary.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Fields mentally makes a coughing noise I appear to have over done the first first of the spell that I used by a good deal I may be able to aid in keeping it together a tad.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Well then. I don't think I'll be able to manipulate the left wing if I have to use the tendrils to hold this together. I might not need to move the left wing, since it's already out, but just in case, I'd like to leave the tendrils available. Any other ideas? Gearick, if you could compact the dust into a sturdier shape, could you re-connect it to the wing?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:36 pm

'Possible, but doubtful. Its only dust, and I believe its something akin to a power source for the Spectral Degradation than helping with its structure' Gearick said, but aware that they did not have an infinite amount of time, tried to find a solution. 'Grease, do you think if we reactive the dragon under our control, it might be able to glide? With the updrafts and your tendrils, and most likely my magic as well, we take a lot of stress off the wing.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:19 am

Gliding is just what I was thinking of. Give me a moment to adjust the tendrils...Grease thinks, focusing on the telepathic image as he carefully arcs lightning between his control disc and his claws. One vine delicately grows outwards, extending past the fracture, then wraps around it and grows back, tightening as it wraps around the other vine. I don't expect that to cause problems elsewhere, and it had better be a good local fix. Now then, Let's get ready to glide. Featherfur, try to boost your updrafts as much as you can. Gearick, put whatever plan you have in mind about manipulating the dragon into motion. Stout, you flew to us when we were underwater. How many passengers does your spiritual plane seat? Professor, do you have any idea where we might be able to land this thing? A nearby desert or something? A grin breaks back out on Grease's face. I feel mildly in control of the situation again. How long do you think that will last?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next