Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 30 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  kingofsouls Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:30 am

((Yes, yes he can. Tree usually stays visible.))

"You are correct, uh.....I don't think I got your name?"

"There may be a way to quickly gain shamanic powers, though it might not work. Simply befriend the spirits."

Stout turns to his friend. "Indeed. Tree isn't just a spirit I called and made a pact with: he's my best friend, one I met when I was training with my tribe back home and has been my friend ever since. This demonstrates the most important part of Shamanic summoning: trust.  I command are controlled though trust: Spirits are not just manifestations of energy: they are souls, and if they do not like or trust you, they will not obey you. Usually."

Tree smirks as he recalls the early years of their friendship."So what exactly are you talking about?

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 30 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:16 pm

In a wordless outpouring of emotion, Muse embraced Grease for a few minutes. While displaying surprising strength, it was not painful. To the contrary, it was like the weight of the world being washed away.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:30 am

Grease returned the hug, though not the full feeling of comfort. He merely appreciated the proximity of somebody that felt this way. After a few minutes, he pulled away. "I think we both needed that a little. I'm going to check on Silver Swirl again, there might be something I can do for her." He says, stepping out of the bath room and walking down the hallway.

Last edited by sunbeam on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Crystalite wrote:"Uuhhmmm..." Hector wasn't sure. Fields had went a little too fast in his long-winded explanation. He felt like he understood the basic idea, and decided to check. "Chooka. So the short version is there's not much I, the humble hippogriff, can do right now? If I caught your meaning -  and I'll admit, maybe I didn't, Equestrian is a second language to me - you'd basically have to study for years to know for sure. Unless Brisk Iron can give us a little more on Tilde's origins. Doubtful.'

"No, you are exactly correct. Although right now you can try to learn and improve yourself."

kingofsouls wrote:

"There may be a way to quickly gain shamanic powers, though it might not work. Simply befriend the spirits."

Stout turns to his friend. "Indeed. Tree isn't just a spirit I called and made a pact with: he's my best friend, one I met when I was training with my tribe back home and has been my friend ever since. This demonstrates the most important part of Shamanic summoning: trust.  I command are controlled though trust: Spirits are not just manifestations of energy: they are souls, and if they do not like or trust you, they will not obey you. Usually."

Tree smirks as he recalls the early years of their friendship."So what exactly are you talking about?

"I am Fields we met deep beneath the sea." The professor smirks for a moment before continuing. " From what I can gather we are currently discussing a magical text-ial construct know as Tilde. However Hector any detail that you do recall would be of use."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:06 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Crystalite wrote:"Uuhhmmm..." Hector wasn't sure. Fields had went a little too fast in his long-winded explanation. He felt like he understood the basic idea, and decided to check. "Chooka. So the short version is there's not much I, the humble hippogriff, can do right now? If I caught your meaning -  and I'll admit, maybe I didn't, Equestrian is a second language to me - you'd basically have to study for years to know for sure. Unless Brisk Iron can give us a little more on Tilde's origins. Doubtful.'

"No, you are exactly correct. Although right now you can try to learn and improve yourself."

kingofsouls wrote:

"I am Fields we met deep beneath the sea." The professor smirks for a moment before continuing. " From what I can gather we are currently discussing a magical text-ial construct know as Tilde. However Hector any detail that you do recall would be of use."

Hector drew in a breath. "Proffesor... I don't suppose you speak the Griffin tongue, do you? What I saw is a little hard for me to understand, let alone describe; the native language would make it easier."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:56 pm

"I understand enough to carry out a normal conversation but please give me enough time to think things through when you begin to dabble in more complex terms."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 am

Hector swapped to his native tongue, with it's familiar harsh clicks and consonants, subdued by the soft coos and vowels. He tried to speak slowly; which was difficult, as the Griffin language is naturally spoken very swiftly. But he started, none the less.

"Dusty and I were re-starting in a pair of generators underneath the Keep. To get to the second one, we crawled through a ventilation shaft, and she dropped to the floor; and then she started melting into it, kinda like... butter, in a frying pan, although I didn't make the connection at the time. Some letters appeared in the air; Equestrian letters, which strikes me as odd now that I know what it was. I can't remember them all though. And it played around with my Perception too; I could taste sounds and see tastes and smell colors. Ulgh. I flew down to try and pull Dusty out; but I couldn't grip her well enough. It was like she had been covered in oil. She said... In Equestrian, He paused to switch back to Pony language, so as to give a direct quote. "A 'calamitous word of command'. Then a group of unicorns came in with a book, said a weird word, and it stopped."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Grease exits the Bath room, turns towards the hospital area, then stops as a spark passes between his eyebrows. He quickly turns and waddles towards Brisk Iron's personal office.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Brisk Iron looked up from her desk at the young dragon. "Hello Grease.  And how, may I ask, are you handling this situation?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Grease shrugs. "It's a problem I can't solve on my own. I had to come to terms with those the first time I tried to reach the top shelf. In any case, where will we be returning to after we go into Silver Swirl's palace, here or Callabuston?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:37 pm

"Very, interesting, Synesthesia and some sort of control or alteration to matter likely a direct alteration of physical principles. So now we know what to look for both in research and in the field. Now directly combating it would likely require something of a similar caliber. The "calamitous word of command" was likely some way or method of contacting the unicorns whose words and book likely disrupted but full containment might require something more..." Fields trails in his own thoughts before recollecting himself. "Stout, Torquise do either or you two have a personal view to contrast? "
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:01 pm

"Initially, you will be returning here since the golden horseshoes need to be used on Silver Swirl. However, after she is revived, we need to return Caballuston. Even without the reconstruction needed on the base, we still need to get back settled and process paperwork. Why do you ask?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:06 pm

"I want to leave something on Muse's bed for when we get back. Sort of like how hotels leave chocolates on your bedside when you come back from a day of traveling around. And I wanted to know which bed to go to. Our sleeping quarters when we get back hinge on Silver Swirl's condition, doesn't it?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:52 pm

"Mostly. Silver Swirl and her entourage have reserved quarters within the base. It's a...unique...situation due to this being the closest Keep base to her palace. It's not normal protocol to allow non-janitorial staff in there but Muse could certainly stand some cheering up. So I presume you picked that up."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:09 am

"Muse is generally in need of cheering up, as far as I can tell. But yes, especially right now. When do we intend to leave?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:34 am

Brisk Iron scribbled a note and then passes it to Grease.  "In an hour.  I trust you not to misplace or divulge this information.  Knowing Muse, she's probably not in her room right now."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:15 am

"Electricity burns paper just as well as fire. It'll be safe with me." Grease takes the paper and leaves Brisk Iron's office, following the directions and eventually looking through the door to Muse's room. Upon finding it empty, he enters and starts pulling various pieces of metal out of his box. After a little tinkering, he holds up two halves of a dingy looking metal pot, each half filled with slow moving gears. He carefully fits the two halves of the pot together, and after a brief period of gears grinding against each other, a quiet hum can be heard. He watches in satisfaction as a tiny metal sprout gradually pokes its head out of the ground, then leaves the pot on Muse's pillow. He pulls out the piece of paper, spits a few sparks onto it and watches it blacken, dumps the ashes into a wastebasket, and walks out of the room, heading back towards the hospital ward.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:53 pm

As Grease entered the infirmary, he could see Silver Swirl sleeping with ragged breath. As Gearick discussed things with one of the doctors, Dusty Winds sat on the side quietly.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:42 am

Grease catches a glimpse of the fluctuating sheets, squints, then shakes his head and walks towards Dusty. "I bet I feel more overwhelmed than you right now." He says, gently poking her in the side with a claw.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Dusty sighed and gave a subtle smile. "Don't know about that.  Got a...different...kind of overwhelmed going on right now."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:25 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"Very, interesting, Synesthesia and some sort of control or alteration to matter likely a direct alteration of physical principles. So now we know what to look for both in research and in the field. Now directly combating it would likely require something of a similar caliber. The "calamitous word of command" was likely some way or method of contacting the unicorns whose words and book likely disrupted but full containment might require something more..." Fields trails in his own thoughts before recollecting himself. "Stout, Torquise do either or you two have a personal view to contrast? "

Hector blinked at the onslaught of words. "... Okay, you lost me. I'm going to go find Dusty," He said, ruffling his wings slightly as he slipped off in search of the Pegasus...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Grease raises an eyebrow, grinning a little wider now that he was sure Dusty wasn't freaking out overmuch. "Out with it, then. What's got you ruffled?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:17 am

Crystalite wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:"Very, interesting, Synesthesia and some sort of control or alteration to matter likely a direct alteration of physical principles. So now we know what to look for both in research and in the field. Now directly combating it would likely require something of a similar caliber. The "calamitous word of command" was likely some way or method of contacting the unicorns whose words and book likely disrupted but full containment might require something more..." Fields trails in his own thoughts before recollecting himself. "Stout, Torquise do either or you two have a personal view to contrast? "

Hector blinked at the onslaught of words. "... Okay, you lost me. I'm going to go find Dusty," He said, ruffling his wings slightly as he slipped off in search of the Pegasus...

Stout chuckles. "Summoning spirits is deeper than most think it is isn't it?"

"Stout, the thing?"

"Right. Tree and I were hoping we could get a head start and scout the team's next destination. Want to join? After thinking it over an extra man would help."

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:51 pm

"Not as much as I would like." Gearick admitted, as he showed the doctor the two papers he brought with him, having them levitate side by side so they could easily be read. "Checking the time stamp, these fluctuation are getting stronger as time goes on, and I'm uncertain what this might mean. I did discover however that there is a patten. The fluctuations are linked to each of the sixty seconds that makes up the minute."

The unicorn noted Grease's arrival, and how he was talking too/comforting Dusty. This made Gearick ponder that he hadn't really just... talked to anyone for a while now. Hell, every since they joined STOMP, they always had a mission on the agenda, and the unicorn pretty much always prepared for it with studying. Once they had helped Silver Swirl get better, Gearick hoped that they would be given some time to rest and relax... yeah there was the reconstruction effort to be done. But that wouldn't be a constant thing, and it would give time for Gearick to get to know the others better. Grease, Field and Muse especially.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Crystalite wrote:

Fields grins slightly before calling out to the retreating griffon. "Let me guess limited secondary education?"

kingofsouls wrote:
Stout chuckles. "Summoning spirits is deeper than most think it is isn't it?"

"Stout, the thing?"

"Right. Tree and I were hoping we could get a head start and scout the team's next destination. Want to join? After thinking it over an extra man would help."

The professor pauses for a moment. "That may be of some use but it may be at quite a bit of risk. Torquise Tree may I ask if you going alone as a scout would be feasible?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next