Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

+14
LoganAura
Fluffy McSparkles
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
SparkImpulse
Clockeye
deonte9109
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
Xel Unknown
Lapis-Lazily
Ramsus
conantheghost
Copper Rose
18 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:59 am

I finished the combat build for Androgyny, still need to make a Tons o' Fun table. Having trouble with that.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:12 am

Guys, let's not discus moderation stuff here. It's also not okay to insult other users. It's fine to talk about a specific objection to a post, but it's not okay to try to diagnose other users publicly - especially when they can't respond. Let's focus on the game itself and having fun.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Made some mild changes to Ghoul's combat build, though I might do a full revamp given how he's currently sharing separate halves of his build with other characters.
Also I like to make combat builds.

Also, I feel your pain on Tons of Fun, Lapis. I'd point to the community tons of fun for potential inspiration, but it seems you've already looked at that.

Last edited by Quietkal on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:21 pm

Yes, I took several from it, but there were ones I didn't like, ones that in the end did too much of nothing, and I just didn't want to use the whole thing. I've also been taking some ideas from Rods of Wonder tables online. The Discord gives you a raspberry one was originally from my favorite rod of wonder effect ever in which Asmodeus appears in a puff of smoke, gives you a raspberry, then disappears. That one was even funnier though because it was much more out of character for Asmodeus, lord of the nine hells and torturer of souls.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:23 pm

You could, like, look through Fark.com's recent post, sillify the events in some of the news stories and/or bring them down from horrifying levels and/or draw inspiration from them.

Or you could just close your eyes and let your mind wander until something suitably silly pops up.

If neither of these work, I 'unno what to tell you.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Rebuilt Ghoulish for self-abuse and Friendly Fire. Because it's not really that useful but it's a lot of die rolling and feels fun and this game is nothing if not that.
[edit] Additionally, would the following combat trait be acceptable?
Chaos Theory (combat trait)
When one of your attacks with a random target hits an ally, roll a d6. If 5 or higher, it hits a random enemy instead.
A little something something cooked up from the Jokers' game awhile back.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Chaos Theory looks fine. Don't be surprised if I change my mind on anything I made a decision on today, though, considering I'm IRL taking a -6 penalty to brain checks right now...
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:30 pm

New idea for thoughts: every time somepony makes a bad pun, you take 1d4 pun damage. Knowledge scores 5 or below make you immune to this form of damage.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:31 am

*laughs* I MUST DO PUNS NOW!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:52 am

Oh my.

Have I created a monster, or am I only feeding it?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Infinite Laughter Sign-up and OOC

Post  Clockeye Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 pm

MuhuhahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:41 pm

With campaigns like this, pretty much anything you choose is just fuel on the chaotic fire.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fluffy McSparkles Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:39 am

Hai gaiz! There room for one more in this lil' buster-cluck?

Seniorita Lapis mentioned this to me and I had to get in on my favorite virtue.
Fluffy McSparkles
Fluffy McSparkles
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:42 am

My gender is clearly marked as male, and you actually know me. Hmmmph.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fluffy McSparkles Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:48 am

You say this while your image-picture-display clearly shows your visage to be that of a female.
Fluffy McSparkles
Fluffy McSparkles
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:49 am

Because female ponies look much better than the design for male ponies. On that note, mustache or not, Pinkie Pie is also clearly female.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fluffy McSparkles Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:54 am

As she most definitely is. However, my profile is gender non-specific.

Consider yourself....touche'd.
Fluffy McSparkles
Fluffy McSparkles
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:55 am

But of course, it was a cat the whole time.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fluffy McSparkles Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 am

Gaben wants me to make a post so he can post again without double posting.

....THE NERVE! =P

[EDIT]: Just noticed that you can report your own post to the mods. ...Wat?
Fluffy McSparkles
Fluffy McSparkles
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:44 am

Going on record saying that Fluffy is amazing and a jerk. AT THE SAME TIME! Anyway, my Tons o' Fun table is complete, pending DM approval. If you're wondering why I have 101-105, number 83 is "Roll again with a plus five bonus." If 105 seems way too op, that's because it only has a 1/10000 chance of being rolled.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Fluffy McSparkles wrote:Gaben wants me to make a post so he can post again without double posting.

....THE NERVE! =P

[EDIT]: Just noticed that you can report your own post to the mods. ...Wat?
Say you said something like 5 am after no sleep that you regret in the morning and see that it's something that's against the rules.

Just a scenario where you would. It's mostly just a button on everyone's post rather than anything.

I'd be a prospective player, but I'm bittered to Laughter being tossed around willy nilly primarily because the one player that does have laughter in my campaigns?
First major Usage: Ended up blasting everyone, turned them all into alicorns, made the renegade changeling (What else is new) who was about to kill Crysilas into grinning happy-go-fun-times and chrissy into a plate of pancakes.
Second: Dramatic scene regarding one of the characters and his birth father who was a prick. Laughtered the dragon birth father into a pretzel.
So yeah... I'll watch from the sidelins with popcorn though.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 pm

You may be bittered to it ruining dramatic moments, but it was my understanding that this campaign was supposed to completely embrace the absolute silliness of it, thereby being mostly comical and not having super serious moments to ruin.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Didn't I say in the opening post that I would keep on accepting players even after the campaign had started? (a.k.a. you and all your friends can join if you wish, and if you'd rather start sooner rather than later you can just roll on other players' tables until you send me yours.)

Now I just have to actually make the opening post...

@ Lapis: the table looks fine. copy-pasta'd and ready

Last edited by Copper Rose on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm excited. Can't wait to begin.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Cue Ghoulish Guise!

I hope ya'll can handle me being away for two hours?

Oh, and can I please get everyone's skype contact info? my skype name is erica.oishii if you'd rather just contact me

Last edited by Copper Rose on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next