Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
6 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 35 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

Post  Broken Logic Thu May 15, 2014 6:50 am

"I'd like to stress the significance of the necromantic beast. I feel it in my bones that it is the core of Zilean's plans. If that gruesome monstrosity is completed and set loose, I fear that it may begin as only unstoppable, and grow to be invincible as it captures more victims. Really give it some thought."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu May 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Broken Logic wrote:"I'd like to stress the significance of the necromantic beast. I feel it in my bones that it is the core of Zilean's plans. If that gruesome monstrosity is completed and set loose, I fear that it may begin as only unstoppable, and grow to be invincible as it captures more victims. Really give it some thought."

"I...almost wish I could believe it was that straightforward." Rolf sighed. "One of the things that I've learned through dealing with Zilean (and his numerous murder attempts) is that he's a big fan of misdirection: presenting an obvious target while setting up dangers where you AREN'T looking. As an example, down in the catacombs, he engaged us with a magical amulet that attacked us, while attempting to distract us from the fact that he had raised some undead kobolds to smash down the tunnel supports, which would have trapped us inside. I bring this up because the mirror that was mentioned was grabbed right out from under his nose, inside the shielded "big top". Now, it could be that once he determined that the replacement I left was a fake, he may have been able to somehow alter the "connection" afterwards...or it could be that he installed that option beforehand, meaning that he EXPECTED someone to try and sneak into his headquarters to take the mirror."

"Unfortunately, I can't imagine anything more devastating than the abomination (which is, in fact, a real and present danger), and I don't know of any other places he could be working except for the stronghold in the botanical gardens. I suppose that all I can say is that while taking down the abomination is definitely a high priority, it would be unwise to assume that it is Zilean's ONLY gambit."

"The only other thing I would suggest is trying to find a way to improve communications with the Mayor's office. Coordinating our efforts and information will be key to success, otherwise we'll have the left hand having no idea what the right hand is doing, so to speak."

Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu May 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
"it would be unwise to assume that it is Zilean's ONLY gambit."
"Oh, I most definitely agree that someone as wiley as Zilean most likely has a couple plans up his sleeve."

Lyntermas wrote:
"The only other thing I would suggest is trying to find a way to improve communications with the Mayor's office. Coordinating our efforts and information will be key to success, otherwise we'll have the left hand having no idea what the right hand is doing, so to speak."
"I'd like to go as far as to suggest that you unite forces, but I'm unsure whether either compound could contain enough space for your combined forces. Don't know which place would be better defensible against this particular threat, neither: the gated garrison, or the hallowed halls of this house of worship. I'll put it up to your consideration. At the very least, do try to improve communication streams between your groups."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Horizon wanders through the masses, stopping by a group of mourners. He watches them for a time. He is not overcome with emotion or sympathy by any stretch, but something tells him he should offer some words of condolences, or support, or assistance.

Unable to find such words within him, he recites a passage he once was told in a similar situation. "Do not mourn the dead, do not grieve for them... they have no troubles or cares or fears or tribulations. You should grieve for yourself, for it is you that has been taken from, you that have lost what cannot be regained. Mourn for yourself, and behold- for if you do not mourn the dead, then what is there to sadden you? Life continues, grief cannot contain it, and should not contain you."

Now that he thought about it, it isn't a very uplifting quote- but it helped him in some way, it might do the same with these people. But as the passage ends, he feels a stirring inside of him, and he keeps going, adding to it. "The dead won't be forgotten, but you will gain nothing by acting so. You are stronger, and your strength will combine with the strength of others- If you take a stand against your own sadness, then it will never trouble you."

Don't you just hate when things sound better in your head? Persuasion, and I think its the first of the game that I don't get an FK bonus to it.
It is also the first time i get to use my destiny power:
Psychic Speaking:
Persuasion: 16+2+12=30

Also I could have woven religion into it somewhere and gotten a +5, but eh.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri May 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Most of the 'sad' crowd considers Horizon's words.

"I lost my husband to one of those monsters... But you are right. There is no gain in crying over him - I have his son to raise, and protect, from the monsters that caused all these horrors.", a widow replies.

The rest murmur in agreement, collectively drying their tears of their sorrows, and stand up, with seeming new-found purpose and vigor, and head to assist the rest of the refugees and clergy. Even a few of the grievously wounded try to leave their cots to help, much to the distress of those treating them, who force them to be still lest they injure themselves.

Meanwhile, the paladins finally speak up to their leader: "Your holiness, given all these facts, it seems imperative that the threat of the abomination must be dealt with. Therefore, we must ask your permission to send a regiment of our best to the encampment, so that we may exterminate the unnatural threat before it is released, whatever it may be, and eliminate the camp's activities for good. The longer we wait, the longer the lich has ability to tamper and act there, and he has been given plenty of time already, we muster."

"We would not go unaided, of course - we would ask you champions who fought these abominations before, to join us in this endeavor. You would prove worthy allies, with your skill and experience with these 'new' threats. We hope you will accept, but know we will go with or without you, if we must."
, the paladins add.

"Yes, I thought you'd ask as much.", the elder answers. "But is it truly the best course of action? As our friends here say, it might be just what Zilean wants us to do - let our best march to holy war, where they might be slain, or diverted from a different cause, such as the full defense of this temple, or another threat. So the question would be: Do we risk tackling the looming threat, lest it grow into a malignant horror, or 'play it safe' and respond with certainty when true threats arise?"

"If I'm to make such a decision, I need to know exactly what this 'abomination' is, if only to get a scale of the 'work' of the lich, how far he has fallen, and the monsters he is creating. Mr. Rolf suggested something to help, a spell that would let me see what miss Jeraylia saw, a glimpse of her thoughts or emotions. I indeed know of such a spell, unfortunately, lacking careful preparation, it's not a precise, or safe, spell to use, especially on such a unique mind as that of a Deva. I would certainly need assistance from someone such as yourself, mr. Rolf, so it goes without a hitch."

Rolf knows that the spell assistance the High Priest requires would be an Arcana DC25 skill check, at minimum.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri May 16, 2014 9:05 pm

"I must confess, I'm not particularly eager to rush back to that camp so soon after my surgery. Still, at the very least I will try to help you find out exactly what we're dealing with." Rolf prepared his magics to assist the High Priest's spell.

Rolling Arcana...14 (1d20) + 14 = 28
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri May 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Warm fuzzies. Horizon watches as everyone springs to action, and then shudders. Warm fuzzies turn to cold fuzzies as he realizes there was no way he could have been that convincing. He looks down at his hand, and after a moment, watches as a lone black tendril wisps its way around his clenching fist, and then disappears. "So, it is like that..." He turns and runs off in search of the rest of the group.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat May 17, 2014 7:40 am

Jeraylia closes her eyes, and attempts to clear her mind and surface thoughts to be more receptive to the high priest's inspection.

If it helps in any way.
Entering Trance: 25 ( 18+7arcana )
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat May 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Horizon, after some intrusive searching, finds the duo at the HP's office, engaging in some magical... stuff.

Thanks to Rolf's spellcasting prowess assisting the ritual, as well as Jeraylia's mental focus, the spell appears to go without a hitch - Jeraylia shows the High Priest the memories of what she saw in the mirror with clarity, including emotional effect it left on her, personally. The High Priest, though disturbed initially, breathes in and out a few times, restoring his calm almost immediately. He then speaks, stoically: "I've seen, felt, and decided. Paladins, you have my permission to take four of your rank to the camp, rid it of hostile undead, eliminate any traces of magical and unnatural machinations devised by the lich, and rescue the souls of the many the lich is toying with. Do NOT be brash should the lich himself come to light - there is no good from being dead by 'just folly'. Heroes, I hope you will assist them them, or that they will assist you along the way, wherever your next destination may be."  

He then leans to whisper something in Jeraylia's ear.

PM'd Broken.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat May 17, 2014 9:10 pm

"Ok, quit talking about me, I'm back." Horizon listens to the Priest's orders, and rolls his eyes. "I feel like 4 is a pretty paltry number to send in. We at least had 5. 6 if you count Skitter." He waits for the Priest to stop whispering to Jeraylia, and continues. "If you send in 4 guys to clear a camp, and the big guy shows up and wipes them out, then everyone they kill on the way in get to be zombie servants, instead of regular servants. And if there's anyone who will underestimate and foolheartedly get themselves killed fighting some horrible hellmonster, its a spunky team of 4 hot shot Paladins. Calling it now, by tomorrow I'll be cutting through some zombies wearing nice holy armor."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat May 17, 2014 9:58 pm

The old man sighs. "If by 'hot shot' you mean a woman that willingly took a magical projectile from a fire-wielding, murderous servant of a lich, that was intended to shoot down a scared child, then yes, I belive I have one such 'hot shot' on my table right now.", the High Priest calmly states, pointing to the rather furious looking patient. She tries to get up, but is kept still by the other two healers. "Calm down, dear, no violence or physical strain, or you'll worsen the recovery."

The lady responds by scooping some disgusting 'remains' from her surgically-removed armor pieces and flinging them at Horizon in frustration. "Much better, dear. Now, mr. Horizon, if you only have insults to fling at the men and women under my patronage, then you will find similar insults being flung back at you, or worse, so please keep them to yourself or out of earshot. But to address your perceived problem of undead being risen, I do not know why you believe a squad of paladins focused on the battle against the undead would leave any possibility of necromancy behind them, or on them. And to address your... concern for their well-being, I trust that your combined assistance will keep them on the right track. Four is unfortunately the most I am willing to allow for now, given that we have people to protect here and have come under some assaults, as the injured maiden can testify, and allows us to lead survivors back to the temple, when they cannot reach it by themselves."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun May 18, 2014 1:45 am

Jeraylia ends her trance right about the time the High Priest whispers to her. She holds her eyes closed a while longer and releases a heavy breath. If one was paying close attention, they might notice a raggedness about the exhalation. When she opens er eyes, they have somewhat of a brighter sheen to them.

"While I, myself, would most assuredly lend the aid, I believe our team has a certain someone waiting for our return at this moment. If you can wait but a few more hours, I am sure we can be ready to lend our services to you, again. Those of us who are willing, that is. I applaud that you are not sending your entire order to fight at the risk of your weakened charges. But I hope your chosen exercise a significant amount of caution. As we've stated time and time again, Zilean is not to be underestimated."

Somehow I feel we've been overestimating Zilean, though. I think we have this in the bag.
Very Happy
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun May 18, 2014 2:11 am

"...In a perfect world, I'd prefer it if we could collaborate with the Mayor's stronghold first before going through with this. However, if you are actually planning on going forward with this right now, then it might be good for us to join you. Granted, our original intention was primarily to do reconnaissance, but if we can help bring down part of Zilean's operation down for good right now. Our earlier actions have greatly pared down their numbers, so a quick counterattack may be effective before they can regroup, and eight (or nine, if Skitter can help) is better than four."

Rolf looked over at Jeraylia. "In regards to your concern, Jeraylia, we might be able to have Zephyrina relay whatever information we need over to our contact at the Mayor's office. Then they might be able to use Rabiah to help establish more timely communication between the two parts of this campaign. At any rate, if there's any information you'd like us to relay to the Mayor's, High Priest, please let us know."

Rolf looked over at the paladin on the operating table. "I'd like to apologize for Horizon's behavior. I feel that it's the selflessness and bravery that I've seen from your order that's given me and many refugees hope that we can get through this mess, and I thank you for that."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun May 18, 2014 3:25 am

"I can handle insults, priest. What I can't handle is your abhorrent, arrogant pontification while people get slaughtered. Your Paladins claim to protect these people, to be able to fight and destroy the undead and necromancers, but you keep them here within your walls and your wards while the city dies. So what if she took some flak. That's what she signed up for. I know what I signed up for, as soon as it gets beyond that, I'm out. The fact is that you can't handle this. You're nothing more than cowards, and you try and act brave and talk tough to us, knowing full well that your little strike team is going to get massacred. But all for the greater good, their sacrifices not in vain, blah blah." Horizon is visibly angry now, his voice unwavering. "Craven children, calling on us to clean up the mess you so brilliantly made. Do you remember that part? Where your Sainted hero failed to kill the lich? Trapped it, in a tomb in a hole in a ground, and the one job of the Order of his legacy was to keep that lich in. Failure, utter and complete. This is YOUR fault, and you can't bear to see the mess you made, let alone clean it up. Keep talking big. Keep showing off the sacrifices your Paladins made, where a real hero would not have had to made any. Fucking children, all of you." Horizon turns around, absolutely regretting the mistake of walking in here. "At least the governor and his wife don't cling to such delusions of grandeur." To Rolf, he adds, "Let them try. They'll fail and they'll die and they'll burn. The way they are now they only serve to weaken our chances and corral the citizens under their charge for the cultists to find. We should be done with them as quickly as possible, and get back to those who have a better grasp of the situation."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun May 18, 2014 4:33 am

Rolf glared at Horizon. "So, you feel it would have been better if they hadn't shown up at all? Or perhaps that the whole church should have gone up in smoke with one of Zilean's bombs? The Mayor's stronghold couldn't handle all these refugees, and if nothing else the cultists have two targets to handle instead of just one. Not to mention that I'd still have a freaking metal rod sticking out of me without their help as the most RECENT assistance they've done for us."

"Also, this isn't exactly an ivory tower where people are automatically safe and so the outside can be ignored. Cultists are trying to attack this place," Rolf said, pointing at the paladin on the table. "And the wards don't stop them, only the undead. The paladins know full well what's going on out there, and they know that if they overextend themselves, then this place and everyone in it will go under, and then all that's left is the Mayor's."

"As for them "failing their duty", Zilean's a bastard who wouldn't stay dead anyways since they couldn't find his phylactery and gods know they tried. But since you're the expert in lich slaying, I know I can rely on you to stab his bones to death with your knife....and do it again half a year later, and again half a year after that, and so on until the freaking stars burn out. Their only fault was not foolproofing their alarms against idiot gravedigger kobolds, and they're certainly not shirking away from the consequences of his escape."

"As for strike teams, oh, yes, a small group of specialists have no chance against a larger force. That's why we all died once we entered Zilean's encampment...oh wait, my mistake, we freed all the prisoners, fought off a bloodmage and a crowd of cultists, and did massive property damage with zero casualties on our part. Hell, even Zilean was afraid of "strike teams," that's why he targeted the drinking contest to get rid of most of the adventurers in the city. But, gee, that abomination's going to be tricky. If only we had some fighters who've trained their whole lives specifically for fighting undead OH WAIT that's these guys."

"I don't know what your beef is with paladins, but I'm willing to give these guys some freaking credit."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun May 18, 2014 8:20 am

I can't quite remember the canon for the saint, except he was the previous High Priest, maybe?

"Rolf is quite right, Horizon. It hardly seems fitting to ridicule not only the sacrifice of another who may not have had any other alternative, but the efforts of those who are willing to, who are currently giving their lives in the protection of others in his name, and not cheaply either. If they were meaninglessly fritting away their paladins, then they would not have lasted as long as they have, and the people who have come to them for protection would have no hope. And besides, you're jumping to conclusions about their battle strategy. Can you really say you'd have a better plan to kill an nigh-immortal undead mage?" She shoots Horizon doubtful gaze. "Really?" Jeraylia sighs tiredly. "Think what you may, but, stupid or not, they are the experts in killiing undead. Real undead. We've only gone up against mooks at this point, and we've been lucky. Just, cut them a little slack is all we're asking." She looks at him hopefully, even going so far as to venture a friendly hand on his shoulder.
She turns back to the High Priest after the moment passes, and asks, "You're plan doesn't simply involve mindlessly running in and attempting to trample over everything you come across with righteous fury, does it? Because I'd feel like an idiot after all that chastising we just gave out."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun May 18, 2014 2:01 pm

"Thank you, you two. It is good there is still faith in our cause. You may speak with Siph for details on tactics and plans. He will be leading the four paladins. Unless you need anything else, I would request you leave me to my work here - this room if far too small for a crowd.", the priest states, pointing out one of the paladins, who speaks:

"What we'll do depends entirely on what has occurred at the camp from since you've left it, whether Zilean is still there, and how 'willing' he might be to intervene. If it is manned by minimal forces, us four paladins, bolstered by your own arms, could be enough for a brunt, sudden assault, to eliminate the rest of the 'workforce' within. Particularly if it is mostly comprised of the undead."

"Alternately, we might try to employ a more discreet approach, via ambushing, or entering covertly."

"Our biggest problem is obviously Zilean, though if his mannerisms are as... wild as they'be been so far, he might not 'bother' to directly assist his minions. If he does, we may need to rely on misdirection of our own - a group to distract, and another to invade the central tent, and strike at the heart."

"That would leave only the central tent, presumably with Zilean and the abomination, as a threat. For that specifically, unfortunately, we cannot reliably plan around. The whole thing might be a trap, or as you said, misdirection, and we do not know enough about the box or the beast within for a fool-proof method of breaching or destroying it - our holy powers have limits. It's almost certain to be disadvantageous to us, so long as the lich is still inside. We'll probably need explosives, magic, or something similarly unorthodox... And for the beast itself, we can hope all of our combined power can bring it down before it can do any harm to others."

"It's worth noting, that if the rest of the camp is cleared out around it, it leaves Zilean little options there - he can sit still, which would leave the threat looming, but also keep him in a vulnerable position and preoccupied, rather than actively engaged elsewhere. He might be forced into action prematurely, hindering his plan enough for us to counter it, or abandon his plans entirely as a lost cause."

"What of you, heroes? How would you go about this, if you will be joining us?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun May 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Horizon slaps Jeraylia's hand away and begins walking out of the room. "I'm not giving them any credit. No slack. YOU all give them too much of that as is, just because they're the good guys. 'Hey we're being overrun, but its ok because the paladins are just doing the best they can'. 'So what if the wards don't keep the undead out or protect anyone from invading cultists, the Paladins are perfectly willing to soak up fireballs and die'. Maybe think about killing the bad guy BEFORE dying, then he won't just go murder everyone once you're out of the way. Why give them any credit? What have they done? Killed a few cultists who came in here. Neat. So did we. What about the flesh aberration in their walls? That was us. Bone dragon that almost destroyed their temple? That was us. Rest of the bombs? That was us. We've been taking arrows and fireballs for them just as much as they have for the other people. So far their expertise on necromancy had them foolishly expose everyone to the Xilstone and get one of them almost killed looking at that mirror- and then me almost killed saving him. We've had to cover their asses at every turn, and if we go out there with them, then we'll be doing it all over again- taking arrows and being human shields so their "experts" can wave big swords and holy words at the bad guys, and then watch as we have to kill them anyway. Fuck your Paladins, fuck all Paladins. No matter the temple or religion, they have never been helpful or beneficial to the extent that they claim. They're nice to look at when times are tough, and once enough of them die fighting some giant evil, they get sanctified and canonized even further, whether or not the evil was defeated. And god help you if you have a problem smaller than Zilean, because they couldn't make less of an effort to help you. 'Friend is missing? Talk to the guard'. 'The priest robbed your mother? Hold your tongue heretic'. Bullies one moment, cowards the next, and dead by the end of the night when it comes right down to it. We don't need them, because we'll just end up doing their jobs for them anyway." By now, Horizon has been standing in the doorway for a good while, but now he finally goes exits, slamming the door behind him.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun May 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Jeraylia shrugs in an apologetic way.
"He seems to have his mind set on the ineffectuality of paladins. What confuses me is that he thinks you're a worse choice than any other. No man is infallible, in fact most are pretty much as far from it as you can get. It's like he refuses to see your actions as nothing but suicide in the name of religion, refuses to see the good of your outcomes." She sighs again, and mutters, "Who does he think we are, anyway? 'Let's go raid the cultist hive again a second time to fight an uber-undead mass of writhing death, as well as a camp of crazy necromancers and probably their boss, by ourselves, because who needs paladins.' It's not like we're heroes or something."
Having let out her steam a little, she goes over to the door and opens it, ushering the paladins out.
"You heard the doctor, out we get. And I need to hear more about the specifics of the holy powers you intend to use of on the abomination before I give any 'okays'."

Horizon's not listening at the door is he?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun May 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Horizon waits just outside the door. When he sees Jeraylia and the other paladins coming out, he starts walking down the hall.

Not listening, but still around.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon May 19, 2014 3:34 am

Deciding to follow Horizon with an absentminded look. Not too keen actually seeing the amalgamation of bodies and souls that lies behind the walls of that cube. Easing his thoughts from Zilean's zombie Zthulan finds himself among the refugees. Immediately heading towards the closest healer. "Hello, my name is Zthulan and I would like to offer my experience as a healer to help ease the pressure for both the patients and the other healers." Waiting patently for the approval to help, Zthulan begins to head over to the unattended patients.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon May 19, 2014 3:51 am

Rolf approached Siph as the group started leaving the High Priest's hall. "So, I've done some thinking regarding what you said about potential tactics, and I have some ideas in mind (although I'm not entirely sure what's changed at the camp since we've been back here). If you truly think an outright forward assault is the best idea, the northern wall had a rather large hole in it when we left, so that might be a possible entry point. If we're going more for stealth, we could try going through the sewers beneath their camp to infiltrate past the walls. There's a sewer entrance near the botanical gardens that's nearby, and it comes out at both the northeast and southeast corners of the camp. Unfortunately, as we used the sewers as our semi-public exit, they might have place precautions against that. Alternatively, I might be able to whip up a "stepping stone" spell that helps us get over the wall, preferably in an area with few guards (perhaps one of the southern corners)."

"The main thing that we may have to handle outside of the big tent is locating and destroying any Xilstones they've set up since we've been gone. I believe that those are the power sources for the shield surrounding the big tent (and possibly the metal cube inside), so they will need to be dealt with before our final assault."

"Zilean...is probably the biggest unknown factor for this whole endeavor. He probably won't really step up to help his cultists or their undead outside, but at some point he may choose to intervene, either throw launching fireballs at us or who knows what else. Alternatively, he may just decide to "get it over with" and allow us to face the abomination unmolested. We'll just have to play it by ear, I suppose."

"Which brings us to the abomination itself. I'm not particularly looking forward to something that induces vomiting on sight, but it's going to have to be dealt with one way or the other. And that's assuming that we can get the blasted thing out of the cube or if Zilean doesn't send it to the plane he got the metal from or something...I wish I could be more optimistic about it."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue May 20, 2014 8:44 pm

"As far as our holy powers go, they are both offensive, defensive, and supportive in nature. Our smiting spells can, well, smite most undead and unnatural evil entities, or failing that, rebuke them. We are trained in advanced forms of plate-armored combat, mostly with shield and hammer, since slashing implements are fairly ineffectual against creatures that cannot feel pain. We can conjure up temporary magical barriers for protection of self and others, but they have their limits, and are mostly for physical threats. We also have limited healing training and spells, holy water, and sigils in our armor, that dampen the effects of Negative energy.", Siph elaborates. "In regards to transport, shall we walk, or use a cart? We're at a lack of riding horses we can spare right now."

Zthulan is lead to a few injured refugees - a female Half-Orc with a broken arm, a male Dwarf with a chest injury, and a Thiefling with burn wounds (which likely would have been fatal had it been a less fire-resistant race). With skilled claws he applies basic first aid and healing spells, putting them on the fast-track to recovery. They all offer thanks, and a child of the Half-Orc offers him a small, patchwork-sealed scent bag, decorated with small animal bones, rattling when shaken. She claims it's 'good lucky' for him.

The bag is a combat/utility item. You don't know what it does, yet.

[0] Scented Bag - 1/day
Effect unknown.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed May 21, 2014 7:04 pm

"I don't suppose you have anything, well frankly, bigger than a smite? Something you keep around for rainy days?"
Thinking about the transport problem: "Would Lizzie be able to pull a cart?"

The next best thing to monorail cats.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 21, 2014 8:58 pm

"Well, not for monstrosities of the size you described and on such short notice, no. Outside of maybe the High Priest, or the 'old team', and both are out of the question. Man has yet to rest his eyes since the whole disaster began, and he's kind of important for multitudes of reasons.
"Would Lizzie be able to pull a cart?"
"Yes. Lizzie could pull a cart. All it needs is for someone you dislike to put her into a harness in her size, and a professional cat herder to keep her from demolishing said cart and/or unfortunate passengers going along for the ride, which we lack. The harness, I mean. Now, we do have a saddle for her, but... Eeeeeh no.", the man replies in a cringe.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next