Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

+9
Deathstorm50
tygerburningbright
Whiteeyes
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Lapis-Lazily
mjh6
Colter Bolt
ZamuelNow
13 posters

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC] - Page 15 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:43 am

Multitasking, sorry. If you post first, go ahead, though I hope to have a post up tonight.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC] - Page 15 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

Post  mjh6 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:38 am

So, now that Tipsy's unconscious, what redirect effect?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:42 am

Sliding floor panels. Had Diamond Dust attacked that turn, he would have hit the guard instead.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:12 pm

mjh6 wrote:History check to recognize the Princess. I'm not sure how necessary this is, but just in case...

As a former member of the royal guard, Diamond Dust should have no difficulties recognizing the Princess. There's also the argument of Sweet and Elite but that would be less automatic with players.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:12 pm

The GM must regret to inform you that all player characters now have 50 HP.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Taking anything else from the new system?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:30 pm

I meant to post that a week or two ago since it's based off a discussion here on the forums about improving combat in the current system. But other than Fatal Damage, that's probably it unless people want to use an altered set of skills.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:56 am

I wouldn't mind using the new skills honestly. Still looking over the changes as a whole though.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Actually, I forgot about that since different campaigns are using different skills. Would you guys like to use the new skills? It alters things with the old abilities but is a much better set overall.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:25 pm

New skills would be good. Just as long as we don't touch the new combat at all.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:51 pm

That's funny, I like the new combat more than the new abilities. Granted, the value of the new combat varies per campaign.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:23 pm

I admit, there is things that I do like about the new combat system. However, the fact that my two main characters, Storm Blade the Guard Tank and Gearick the Mage/Engineer Conjure, have been utterly destroyed. One of them, by there only being one method of tanking damage without taking a destiny, and the second by conjurations being made temporary... really, really go against me.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Crits and your starter Feature have some of the options for damage redirection and tanking. I'm mixed on conjurations. I find conjuration spam to be a bit of a headache yet I don't like messing up player builds too much, thus why changing combat over in STOMP was never going to be on the table with the new system. The new system sorta nerfs regular conjurations but is a buff to its equivalent of Conjurer's Pet. I think the new combat system works better for newer characters than long running concepts. There's characters I can't rebuild with it, Nurse Deadheart as a prime example.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:02 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Crits and your starter Feature have some of the options for damage redirection and tanking.

There is only ONE option for damage redirection, which is my problem, as it is limited to 1/round and limited to one ally only. Yes you have means of reducing damage, and there is the entire 'challenge' mechanic... but it really is not fun.

ZamuelNow wrote: I'm mixed on conjurations.  I find conjuration spam to be a bit of a headache yet I don't like messing up player builds too much, thus why changing combat over in STOMP was never going to be on the table with the new system.  The new system sorta nerfs regular conjurations but is a buff to its equivalent of Conjurer's Pet.  I think the new combat system works better for newer characters than long running concepts.  There's characters I can't rebuild with it, Nurse Deadheart as a prime example.

I suppose I can understand that conjuration spam can clog up the game a little, but I don't like the way they've done it, especially when you still have the Conjurer's Pet actually getting buffed as you said. I think that should still have the old conjurations, just make them more expensive or less powerful for what their worth. I agree that the combat system would work better than newer characters, but considering most of the people on this forum, their main audiance, are probably gonna be interested in remaking characters... that isn't good.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:but considering most of the people on this forum, their main audiance, are probably gonna be interested in remaking characters... that isn't good.

I'd argue we're 50% of the audience since not all decisions are based on us and (unfortunately) there are people who use the system but never post in the forum.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:19 pm

go to a meeting room
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Don't know if Diamond Dust or Sky Wolf would have any thoughts about being in the castle, especially since it's been quite some time since Diamond Dust was last here.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 am

Question... has all this been in one day? I thought there was a time-skip between the cave-find, and the auction.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:21 pm

No, you're on Day Two. It's morningish give or take some fuzzy time to get everyone together. Will probably be granting xp soon due to the Tipsy Tulip battle and everyone meeting is a big milestone.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Wait morning? After the auction and such, I would of thought it would of been in the afternoon...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:52 pm

The auction was originally supposed to be at midnight but I had to shift things. It's probably late morning but there's some fuzzy time at work.

Wait...travel time. The guard had to get you guys back to the castle and they aren't speedster. It's afternoon.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:58 pm

So... its only been two days?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Ignoring Ancient Record getting stuck in the time loop, yeah. Only two days. It's forced me to rethink a thing or two about the upcoming progression of the story. A lot of my not publicly trying to recruit a new "Heart" player is trying to figure out if it'll speed up or slow down the campaign and my assumption is that it'll slow it down.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:28 pm

If I remember correctly, the picture's magic was similar to the figurines, which is why they brought it, right?

Also, talking of roles. Was it ever decided who out of the Princess and Sky Wolf will be the leader and who is the lancer?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:If I remember correctly, the picture's magic was similar to the figurines, which is why they brought it, right?

Correct.

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Also, talking of roles. Was it ever decided who out of the Princess and Sky Wolf will be the leader and who is the lancer?

That's actually been incredibly difficult.  Both have done decent as leaders so it sorta comes down to who did something above and beyond or who screwed up and neither went too far in either direction.  The closest might be Sky Wolf disrespecting the Princess since she leads the nation but considering the fight they just got through, being irritable is understandable.  Didn't feel it would be fair to base it off of their combat builds, either.  I do need to come to a decision since it actually has affected the speed that the mechs are revealed.  Yet, I've got a few plans for that.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next